/asg/ - Absolver General

Absorbed: Rudimentary Map
i.imgur.com/Na8qQOr.png

>Wikis
absolver.gamepedia.com/Absolver_Wiki
absolver.wiki.fextralife.com/Absolver Wiki

>General information on moves, stats, and equipment
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit#gid=1698220040

>News
absolvergame.com/news

>Hairstyles in game
imgur.com/a/TlMXk
imgur.com/a/rm56U

>Where the fuck is XYZ?
youtube.com/watch?v=bhDUJMP527k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zHABCtfmTYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it a mistake to level strength over Dex? Im unlocking a ton of moves with higher scaling for dex than strength...

Two unspoken rules of Absolver need to be addressed.

1. If you kill someone out in the world, revive them.

It's not out of your way, it doesn't cost you anything, and you're doing a stranger a favor by giving them full health again.
2. Fight fair.

If you want to PvP out in the world but you wait until bots have carved the health of your target (or maybe they're even still pre-occupied with fighting someone else) and THEN you swoop in for the kill, you're opportunistic trash.

For the most part, this is a fantastic group of people. I've met some very respectful people who've taught me some great lessons on Absolver etiquette.

Tl;dr - Don't be a dick. Fight with honor.

depends on the moves and your favorite style.

Im not sure myself but as windfall I stopped leveling dex at 15 and started focusing on strength. Dex gives fuckall damage and none of its' effects are really noticeable, whereas str gives me strength that I can actually feel in fights.

tl;dr dex is trash

just don't go too far above 15 points because of diminishing returns

look at the google doc
Also that shit needs to be put in the op.

It is in the OP, you blithering fool.

If Buccfoi is here, great fights

How do I look

Post your fashion

I wish a new mask would drop fuck

fuck off

love your outfit, hate your mask

fashion postin'

>11 mobility

moving is for faggots

i am the iron wall

a mud dweller through and through
ugliest mask in the game tho

needs heavier armor

>tfw 10 mobility

im basically invincible

What if someone put almost all of their points into health/will, filled his deck eith hyperarmor and wore the armor with most resistance in the game

What if...

Is there a piece of equipment that has a ton of blunt resist LIKE the Absolver's Cloak, that ISN'T the Absolver's Cloak?

The stats on that thing are preposterous compared to anything else I've gotten, but fuck me, it looks fucking awful and clips like a motherfucker.

I swear it's harder to parry people wearing it because of how much it gets in the way of paying attention to their limbs.

Yeah, I hate it too but it was literally my first mask drop after 60 levels of combat trials and I was trying it on.

I usually run around with the default mask because my luck with drops isn't the greatest. I have an abundance of tear trapper pants, fang li noble tops, and forest caller armbands.

thats how im speccing my khalt alt

Give me masks

make sure to add sweeping attacks so no one could escape your wrath

this is way better
lets fight or something
Forkstick on pc/eu

each point after 20 is like a 0.08% increase, but you do you man

>NPC keeps feinting the one move you're trying to learn

>fight a guy
>round 1 i win
>next 2 rounds he just stands still and does nothing
>he rematches
>stands still for 3 rounds and does nothing
>quits afterwards

what did he mean by this

9/10
love it, i would change the pants and the armbands but what you have is great
VIT END STR AND DEATH

my new deck must be frustrating to fight because people keep quitting after one match with me. win or lose.

You probably lagged and he thought maybe second time you wont but you did

"I can't compete with this guy but I want the XP for completing matches."

is it possible for US to play with EU yet? i'm not sure how far the current region lock extends

If you're having a hard time with hyper armor

Make at least one attack chain consisting of almost ONLY stopping moves

Does anybody know if you lose your school if you join another one, if you made a school? Or do you just lose points in your personal school because you're no longer a mentor?

I dunno lets try, imma make the keyword Forkstick in the harbor

>be windfall, level 16
>fighting a Stagger-user, level 60
>welp, better just learn how to deal with stagger shit
>he takes two sets, keeps accepting the runback
>slowly adapting
>take three sets from him in a row
>he finally quits

Is Windfall decent/good against Stagger? I had to constantly be moving while interrupting shit with a jab here or pulling an awkward kick to knock him sideways during one of his aggressive 'approach' moves (some kind of drunken lunge?)

I absolutely hate fighting stagger users normally

How many different servers are there? I'm in Australia and can't find a way to see if there's a dedicated Asia/Oceania server or what.

KW up

Windfall is strong in general but people will tell you otherwise. Just keep playing and adapt your dodges according to enemy combos, you'll just wreck them every time.

You probably lag.

Windfall is basically a better stagger (comparing their defensive ability of course.)

Also stagger moves are weird and annoying but with enough time, you'll get used to their rhythm

>already week after launch
>people still dont realize quitters just had enough of your lag

It's peer to peer, but there are matchmaking servers. You'll get matched to other Aussies when available, if not then it will shunt you to Asia.

>losing a fight
>wiggle my ethernet cable a bit
>easily win

Learn how to WIN every time with this ONE SIMPLE TRICK

no luck m8, at least the devs are working on removing the lock.

Does it work like lag switching?

>chain high kick and the front flippy kick together
>the model flips around so quickly when you flashy twinky goldy linky the moves it actively distorts

>tfw fighting some laggy as fuck dude

I usually never back out on someone after the first match but holy shit he was doing some Goku shit

So should I still be able to invite/join players in other regions?

Only if Aus matchmaking is full and you get transferred to the Asian one. You can't hook up directly with a friend in NA or EU yet.

Got it, thanks. Was hoping to get a spar or two in with some US friends but it'll have to wait.

In that case whoever hosts has a massive advantage. Against other Aussies I can compete but when matched with Chinese and Koreans it goes to shit.

>pick up someone's sharp mittens
>beat them up with it
>win

Why is this shit so carthartic

We ever gonna get some fight clubs going?

>tfw living in the rice fields
>all these australians and russians shitting up the connection even with our magic internet speed
>chinese assholes using lag switch and vpn to teleport everywhere
>if I start 10 combat trails about 7~8 will be laggers

This is beyond frustrating

Found this baby after fighting a Spanish dog on PVP for an hour.

When servers stabilize and region lock removed, sure.

>A scaling with windfall
WHERE WHERREEE

Call me back when you invent magic internet that doesn't shit itself outside of Nork shelling range.

It just means scaling with Windfall type sword moves.

In practice, you'll be building your deck with all kinds of sword moves from all schools because there aren't enough out of one school to fill your deck properly with, so the scaling for a particular school of sword moves is mostly whatever. The important stats are how much cut versus blunt damage (more Cut is better) and Durability (how much value you get out of it). (Cut Reduction is mostly whatever, it just means how much Cut damage you avoid when you block another sword with it.)

There's also a hidden stat which is how easy the weapon is to disarm. I have a Dried Essence Shard which is fucking hilarious because it gets knocked out of one's hand ridiculously easy, like in three jabs+sweeps. This leads to some comedic back and forth fighting over who gets to keep this stupid-looking fossilized piece of poop that is actually a shit "sword" because it has like only 5 or 10% Cut damage, yet for some reason has fucking 290 Durability (more than the Risyrn Sword, even) so it remains "in play" for an extremely long time. It also costs only 2 shards so I almost always get to pull out a replacement the moment it does actually break.

>facing level 6 guy
>defeat him using only Stagger dodges
Was I being a dick?

what I want to know is how the fuck do you punch someone so hard their gloves fly off

It's more like a set of katar than actual gloves.

>fighting 12 year old
>defeat him using a shotgun
Was I being a dick?

>jab man trying to spam hyperarmor over and over with stopping move chain

>he immediately disconnects

L M A O

That's some /pol/ tier thinking you got there son.

actually /pol/ would be saying something about the final boss being a women is an assault on all men
/pol/ is stupid

Actual useful information, thanks man

I think Windfall is too hard for me to master
Tell me about Kahlt and Forsaken, are they easier?

>Stagger's sprinting normal
We Bison now.

not rly
stagger is just way harder to play
stagger back dodge has iframes
front poke has hyper armor
side dodges you need to feint and attack

khalt is easier in general to use, but hard to use well
forsaken is easy mode

Kahlt is quite satisfying once you get used timing absorbs and then using hyperarmor moves to punish hard and get your health back.

Forsaken has tight timing on their parry, but once you get it down and learn to read your opponent's moves it's the most rewarding defensive ability to get off out of all of them.

>Forsaken is easy mode

They're all easy in their own right, and they're all good. (Except for maybe stagger, you could just use windfall with a stagger deck and get the same effect unless you want to wobble around drunkenly.)

People need to get it in their heads that the way you master each style is different and that doesn't equate to one being better than the other.

Certain moves on the other hand could be considered easy mode to use.

Khalt seems harder to use well, but forsaken is pretty easy.

okay i've discovered that armor is pretty op at least if you know how to use it. i realized i wasn't dodging as forsaken anymore now that i've learned how to parry stuff, so i just loaded myself with tons of armor. now i'm just face-tanking and blocking everything until i get an opening to parry, then unleash an unholy barrage of heavies

i doubt armor is that good for other styles since they need to rely on dodge a lot more, but on a parry-build forsaken armor is fucking OP

But the style that just beat me is clearly broken and used as a crutch by shitters, it's not my fault I lost.

Starting Windfall, then trying Forsaken and hitting Kahlt last means I'm timing Absorbs waaay too early.

Yeah I'm starting to see the light here.

>fight someone, another Windfall
>we're kind of even
>starts to whoop on me
>wins a set
>pick up his tendencies/playstyle
>dominate him
>he was all cheers/emotes earlier
>stops doing this
>last round
>he just shrugs and gestures for me to come over while doing nothing
>beat him; he fights back but suddenly lag kicks in
>doubt he was lagging, but I win anyway
>feel hollow

Why give up. He still had this. Just had to adapt to what I was doing and change up his shit. He kept going for two low kicks in a row followed by an armor breaker at one point. I couldn't get the timing down for windfall dodge on the sweeps so I just blocked them and punished his third attack every time.

Dunno man that kinda made me depressed. Didn't want to ruin that guy's fun

I wonder how you fair against someone using a stop/double hit heavy deck

some people are good at adapting to people
but some people cannot adapt to people who have adapted to them

only the strong survive

he means armor, not hyperarmor
like 80 blunt resistance

oh i'm retarded

>forsaken mains that have 100hours are all saying parry is way too strong compared to everything else
>forsaken is fine guys
>can parry after missing a parry
>can parry prematurely because the parry window is huge
>biggest punish for easiest to use style

I don't think it is always the case, but I'm sure that 90% of the time when somebody gives up it's due to lag, since usually only one side feels it hard.

t. Kahlt 4.5 inches

>>can parry after missing a parry

the parry whiff animation is like a second long

you can start another parry right after
youtube.com/watch?v=zHABCtfmTYI
in case you get hit, you can buffer parry and parry another hit right after

>one week and still no tier plate shoulders

>tfw people still fall for feints

Nice mindgames
RIP forsaken

i'm actually usually happy if my opponents start feinting when im forsakin

it just means "ok i can start jabbing in the middle of this guys strings to punish him"

then they stop feinting after a while and it's back to parrying again

How often do masks get awarded in PVP?
I'm combat level 62 and I've only gotten three so far.

Entirely random. Enjoy getting 5 identical belts before you get one mask you don't like!

I got my first mask at level 65, currently level 83, no new one yet.

>tfw get 2 of the same mask i dont like

Three masks by 62? You're more lucky than you think.

I made an alt waifu bowl cut and this stupid shit is better leveled than my main.

Guess it's my main now. Got zombie boss' jacket but not sure if I should rock that shit

Regal/10
I like it a lot