/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood General

Can't See Shit Edition

>Current Events
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/youkai-watch/
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/The_Rising

>Patch 4.06a Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/2b058731112d9859b50789e65fcc86e77977f3e5

>Patch Note Log
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/7s1Q7YkY

Previous thread:

posting in a catboy thread

SCH are cool

I seriously thought that was an elezen woman.

I want to install ACT, what plug-ins and secondary downloads are recommended?

>play healer in frontlines for once
>try to hit some ice
>Broil had no effect!
but why

It does damage. Ice has no tp/mp

Well that's confusing to the uninitiated

Will buying Gil through Chinese websites get me banned

xth for c@

Sounds about right to me. Try to enjoy the journey, and don't be afraid to take a break from MSQ crush for a few days to learn a gathering or crafting quest.

When the MSQ is gone, you'll miss it. I do.

>learn a gathering or crafting quest.
CLASS

fuck

Good morning mother dearest

Just the FFXIV plugin, it's listed in ACT's list of available plugins during the initial setup.

If you do it once and don't brag about it to everyone and their dog ? Probably not.
If you keep doing it ? They're gonna notice eventually.

>tfw all your friends are playing and you're the only one who's playing as a c@ girl or a female at all
>suddenly struck with an existential crisis and want to fanta to a male so I don't feel like a complete fag
>know you would regret it immediately

I just want to have fun.

I want to get to SB because I want to level up Dark Knight, Samurai and Red Mage.
I'll definitely take up gathering classes, just to get comfy. Might do some crafting too.

You only need to get to HW in order to unlock Dark Knight. But for Red Mage and Samurai you need only be level 50 and have purchased SB. Then you just go to Ul'dah and talk to the trainers. A friend of mine did all of HW and SB as a Red Mage.

Ah okay thanks

Hi dear.

Embrace it

>friends with what I guess you pieces of shit would call 'normies'
>we don't care what we play as
>play as a man or a woman in MMOs or any game really
>if we give each other shit for it it's in jest and never malicious

Why do you guys get so caught up over this shit. Your friends really shouldn't give a shit.

If you ever get super impatient there's always the job potions, but as an another user said, there's no real rush. I got the MSQ skip pots and a job pot and kind of regret it; I missed all of HW as a result when I really should've just played through it.

Any person that cares about that shit is not worth befriending

Well that's a massive relief. If those classes open up after I'm done ARR, I'll definitely level all four of the sword classes and have a lot more fun instead of just playing one class the whole time.
Well perhaps it's not so bad to keep doing the MSQ, especially if I can open up with four classes in HW. Who knows, I might like one of the healers. If I give it a whirl with my friends, we can probably have a lot of fun instant queuing statics together.

PRAISE YOUR WIFES

There's literally nothing gay about your friends checking out your avatar. Also, generally your friends will see you as more secure because you don't need to validate your orientation through a game. Also they will like bringing you along because your character is a cute girl.

The only reason your friends would see it in any negative light is if they were -extremely- insecure.

>wait on a queue for Doma Castle (healer queue still takes like 10min)
>get a tank in full genji gear
>bails after first boss when their friend hits 70
>look them up
>in a meme FC with only 3 members

Honestly kill yourself, you're the same piece of shit that complains about the game yet does nothing but fuck over other players.

>alphy banned again
Lol

How does that follow from anything

Need healer for The Vault in progress on Aether :S

What did he mean by this ?

filled...hopefully this one lasts...

would anyone on aether like to do leveling roulette? i don't want to sit in a dps queue :(

Cute huggable blue catte =w=;;

but I have spikes all over...

>been gone for ages
>playing catchup with the MSQ
>get to the point where the masked Elezen man with the Warriors of Darkness reveals who he is
Well that was about the least surprising revelation in this whole story.

It's worth getting hurt for, plus I'll be gentle and try not to spike myself.

*sweet guitar riff*

don't get hurt

did you know the obsessed mexican misses his dead dog?!

and he played ffxi?!

hope you enjoy this XIV related discussion!

d-did you just leash me?

how do i level a dps without a tank to leech queues off of

Rune?

m-maybe!

you didn't need to leash me like the other meowbois, i wouldn't leave you!

stop posting the same catboys, idiot

how does BLM compares to RDM?
does anyone have good gameplay of both jobs that covers what i will be doing or need to be doing?

queue for dungeon
FATE spam
realize you can only handle one mob at a time every minute because SB mobs are tanky as fuck and your sustain options are extremely limited(unless you're a red mage)
never finish a FATE until your queue actually pops

;3

yes pls post new catboys

I'm also gonna do bardam's/potd on aether if anyone wants to play wideo games ;n;

Why do lalas always do that "all-lala" shit all the time? There's some lala on the NN talking about how they're making their squadron of recruits all lalas. And it's not just that, you have all-lala FCs, all-lala runs of various shit... I just don't get it.

In a vacuum BLM does more damage, but with movement in the average fight doesn't. RDM offers more utility as well. BLM requires more skill to play well though.

blm is better in terms of raw dps. rdm has more utility but it is the lowest dps caster and even more boring to play

because lalafells are a meme race, and people who spout memes constantly are desperate for attention and cultivating their own circlejerks

I would but am not home.

i can't post new images of catboys if no new catboys post them

should I be trying to do SB fates? because I tried to do one and I got my ass handed to me even with my chocobo out with me.

you must become a catboy then

That's the problem with the SB FATEs and mobs in general. They're tanky as fuck and hit hard. I wouldn't bother myself, honestly. If you don't have anyone to leech off of and the queues are long, you can do PvP as well.

don't post my husband

i need shirtless selfies of this catboy NOW

dont date crazies

I want this catboye to /joy at me...

Does anyone like blue catboys?

I do

You don't deserve any joys.

Post big, hunky nunh catboys

What about sleepy ones?

i really hate people who wear those blindfolds

especially sleepy ones

I need to take new pictures.

What are some fights that took you a good while to learn to appreciate?

>Wild and pure and forever free!

A8S

How about a cute catgirl

dont reply to my posts ever again

yeah you do...

I imagine they don't see the problem.

is ACT still fucking up on SMN?

how cute...

What are you gonna do? Call Hiroyuki on me?

A3S
its actually quite fun if you have a group of people who arent spergs

Red please go back catboy. I promise I won't call you a girl anymore.

>using Displacement during Titan Hard

I will change back soon and I bet you'll still do it anyway

Second Coil, fourth run, Nael
at first I thought it was 100% bullshit but by the end I liked it

I'm sorry red but the evidence ia overwhelming not to sometimes.

Super cute.. And she'll even cuddle with you if you want !

I see this a lot in game when I look at search info, so can someone explain, in layman's terms, the difference between
>ERP
>MRP

Thanks

What's the best class for someone with high latency you think?

Paladin

Server?

Erotic vs Mature

Lies and spurious insanity.

The evidence is there red! Also are you eb-free now?

Exodus.. or I have an alt on mateus

I'm gonna miss lala Red. That grin is perfect.
Have you done roe or elezen yet?

erp=grown man erotic roleplay they just want to bust a nut
mrp=mature roleplay usually much more in character usually character development between sessions

ur going down nerd

hand over the /joys first..

Paladin, then prob monk since they already don't double weave which is were high ping really hurts.

All joys are mine, back off loser.

My eb transferred to escape Raubahn's eternal queue of suffering and can't get back at present. Her alternate dimensional identity keeps me company ALSO I'M A GUYYYYYYYYY

I've done an elezen before, not a roe though! Not really my thing. Weirdly I seem to have lost my old Elezen Red screenshots outside of compilation shots of some characters I've done. Not so lost I can't recover them but for some reason not copied over from my old hard drive when I got a new rig.