/dg/ - Destiny General

>>>NEWSCLANSRAID GDOC

Please respond.

>>>PREVIOUS THREAD

is clan shit up yet? I hopped off bout 4 hrs ago and saw a thing about clans come up in orbit just before I signed off.

>get to Titan, expect more funtimes like in the EDZ
>it's Resident Evil

That fucking section with you crawling through the vents almost made me piss myslf. Were the Hive this scary in D1? I'm starting with 2.

see

>sit at black screen for like 3 minutes
>finally in
VICTOREEEEEEE

dude there's a puddle in the patroil that leads to like 3 adventure areas ad it's straight up hr giger alien infestation.

HEEBY JEEBIES

>then
I also said about 40 (I looked it up, it's 47).

this thing is a fucking beast in PvE

who /270/ here

Next Week

,':^)

Why the fuck is Banshee ALWAYS highlighted, like he has something for me or I have something for him, but neither are true. I'm going to assume bug, but maybe I'm dense and I've overlooked something.

On titan how do you trigger the heroic event for the witch event? I've gotten it to happen once on accident

Gunsmith Parts?

MELTS mid tier bosses like vips captains and such, still good for the big guys but you'll need to reload for the big tier pilot servitor class bosses.

Do story, and after that it really depends what's going on.
By the time PC comes out the meta might be completely different, but if not, do heroic public events if you can they're pretty hard solo desu and exotic quests if you want the gun, they don't give much more then other side quests in terms of XP though.
Ikora's meditations are pretty good too, you just replay a story mission but it's a little harder.

You know what? I'm going to be a cunt and repost my questions in the new thread

Is this shit actually worth playing? The first one was mildly entertaining but the fucked loot rng and absence of an interesting story made the game fall short for me.

Is every encounter still "Fight off dudes while indestructible drone buddy pretends to do shit while you protect it for some reason" ?

TL;DR: Is the story still shit? Is every mission the same pointless mind numbing borderlands shoot up? Is the RNG reward system still fucked up?

I found my first exotic engram guys!

>By the time PC comes out the meta might be completely different,
Thanks

That'd still be stupid, because why not then light up every other material turn in NPC?

>D.A.R.C.I. gives you the exact percentage of enemy health remaining

now when people say shit like "it's at half health" I can turn around and say "uh no it's at 52% dumbass" I guess?

what do after 265+ light

no, yes, maybe. Form your own opinions shit lord.

yeah, best Power Weapon i've seen so far, gonna keep this puppy upgraded

play gaem

If you like grinding.
I personally enjoy games I can just mindlessly grind while listening to podcasts or music, but a lot of people don't, so it's up to you.
Story was okay, but the best part was the soundtrack which you can just find on youtube.
Gunplay is exactly the same as D1.
Patrol is way funner, but strikes are worse.
PvP is a little more complicated. I personally really enjoy it, it seems more team based then before, but a lot of people fucking hate the changes.

level up a bunch for fashion and mods, get ready for first raid, level your alts

Its the parts

Milestones/Challenges

>tfw grinding for phoenix strife armor
>haven't even gotten the new subclasses for my hunter and warlock
Feels great, man.

>Its the parts
Wooooow, that's fucking dumb.

Yeah I wish it would at least like, highlight them or something.
Dunno why it literally only does this for his faction rewards.

>get exotic engram at level 20
>"oh cool new exotic that I didnt choose from story missions"
>get thermal lance
>already had thermal lance equiped
fek

Anyone try these linear fusion rifles yet?
Are they any good?

Why are none of the classes fun

Every ultimate feels weak, I ended up settling for nightstalker purely for the mobility

>Every ultimate feels weak
Somebody doesn't know about that Celestial Nighthawk.

>that japanese destiny 2 Ad
goddamn, fucking japs know how to trick us into buying stuff

Fists of Havoc and Hammer of Sol are both fantastic.

>ultimate

>get the ps exclusive chest
>quickly out level it, but throw a shader on it cause tarnished brass goes well with the not changing band on the arm
>get another one that's higher level
>delete the old one like its D1 and the shaders effect all of them
>lost a purple shader
Fucking shit.

the more i play the more i have fun and the more i miss shit from destiny1

GIB

Is there a legendary version of the full auto peashooter?

So we're all in agreement this is the most content we've ever had. Right?

the new Shader system is stupid beyond words

They should have put some other worthwhile rewards in the normal public event pool instead of making the Heroic one always the better choice. First few days is everyone doing the normal version because they want to experience it, then after that every new player who wants to do the same thing ends up in conflict with slightly older players who want to do the Heroic version.

I prefer it beyond the single use thing, but that's only a problem with legendary shaders.
I'm just going to need to get used to it.
Kiosk with unlocked shaders being purchasable with glimmer when?

I mean, you can get good shit from the normal ones, my friends dropped an exotic from one at level fucking 3, it's just way more common from heroic.

Oh the ability to individually use them is fantastic, that part's fine.

Anyone else for exodus strike up to sturm's part or we may as well finish it? PS4

got a meme emote for free

fashion game

what do i need to succeed as a punch titan? i've got the electric charge exotic arms and some stuff from Sentinel that gives me health and overshild on punches

Smae here.
Dumped 20 bucks in just cause and no exotic items.
2nd free engram got salty.
Fucking rip.

well Titan is at 230 light and I want a break

Vamplock or Mememelee hunter next?

>Nessus overworld theme

eerily awesome

The soundtrack is fantastic

Anyone looking to hunt down Events? Looking to play for a few more hours, and don't have too much else to do to grind my light up. Would rather have some people to do Heroic Events with than just normal Events when no one else shows up.

Alternatively I could just do Crucible for a little while to do a Milestone.

so is 260 the best you can get outside of nightfall?

Devour Warlock is so fun, what are the chances they nerf it?

Out of the three she gives as a gift after hitting twenty I got two fucking weapon ornaments.

Doing that one heavy weapon quest.
Where do I find the "world-eater"?

Is it referring to the leviathan?

Yes

>PC clan already full

I thought you guys would be ded on arrival, desu.

So important question, Way of the warrior gives you tons of melee shit for hunter, but seemingly no special melee ability

Does gambler dodge do nothing for Way of the warrior?

It doesn't seem OP is PvP, so pretty low desu

fucking black iron tarkus as a guardian

>Buy game last night
>Only get to play an hour before I go to sleep
>Get up
>Only have an hour to play before some extended family come over
>Then go to work

Fuuuuuuck why are family meet ups so badly timed?

holy fuck how is PSN STILL DOWN

>rasputin literally says "dont ask for help from those stronger than you; they will offer the help themselves"

I'm still hesitant to say that people are bombing Destiny 2 on purpose but this is the most bizarre case I've seen

Did they remove the quests/progression tab? How do you track your quests now? Don't have the game yet, just curious.

Can I report for leeching?

>rating a game on how long it is, not how good
people like this need to be purged.

Post your guardians.

>Destiny is a solid 8/10
>10 rating

I want to at least be able to track how far along a level you are.
I Keep collecting 10 tokens when I only need 5,and collecting 5 when I need 15.
Just fucking tell me, shit.

Is that chest actually useful?

think i'll just make 3 Warlock Stormcallers, not sure i can play anything else after this

I wish I could just push all the Warlock classes into one. I really like the dawnblades super using the sword, feels interesting and is pretty cool but I'm not the biggest fan of their other skills aside from the sky drop/dodge.

Voidwalkers devour tree is amazingly tanky, fun, and strong and I love me some magical tanks but I absolutely hate the super just like before and wish there was a way to specs into it being roaming

Stormcallers have always been my boys and I think Arc Soul is radical, I like being able to either be a team player and charge my rifts faster while giving everyone little electrical orb buddies that shoot at the enemy or just having an extra shooter with me while rolling solo. The super is about in the middle for me, same as before but feels a bit shorter and isn't anything new which makes it a little boring to use. If it wasn't for Arc Soul I might've just went another subclass completely but so far this has been my main. Really want to use Devour Warlock but hard to bring myself to do it with that super.

This place looks cool and important.
How do I get in?

yeah ! gone home was the game of a generation! easily 10/10

No but it's 275 and aesthetic.

What's so good about them, seems like hunger is the way to go with warlocks

I wish retards wouldn't review bomb shit. They act like they're showing it to the game but really it just means that I'm going to ignore the reviews because now we have no fucking idea what the actual review score would look like.

why. do you thinks this looks good?

>Most 0 ratings are people with only one review
I guess since hating Destiny is the cool thing to do the score total tanks. It's why Metacritic sucks since you can't trust the review rating and you can't always trust the user rating

I would think that the sideways picture and shitty cropping would give it away.
But I haven't made any attempt to signal that it's a joke either though. Time to add a clown nose or something.

Double digit IQs can only handle a binary rating system. Why do you think netflix dropped the stars rating?

Guardian recustomization when?

>Need to wear an extremely ugly goats head in order to get that meta ability
Wish that it will get ornaments in the future, somehow.

R i g g e d

Why are there so little green/blue weapon models variants? None of them even use D1 models. WTF. There's only 2(two) autorifle models for greens and blues FFS

Did they still fuck up and make it so the only efficient way to play the game is to level 3 of the same class and just rotate gear between them to do weeklies?

Always remember that changing youtube to likes and dislikes is the only good UI change they ever made.

it's always the "I've liked several Veeky Forums pages on Facebook and I unironically use the word kek in conversations" crowd that seems to do it, or the "literally everything must be perfect or I'm rating it 0/10 out of anger" crowd

So who wants to do Nightfall?

>Traveler awakens
>Spoopy we wuz ships are coming
>Lol just go play in patrol and stuff it's cool, nothing's changed
Bungie? What are you doing? I swear if it's just set up for the single raid I'll shoot their offices up.

Why did they have to make it "power level" instead of leaving it as a setting-friendly "light level"?

Is this supposed to be a hint we're not entirely of the Light anymore or something?

Yes

>vampire Warlock with winter's guile
>literally melee'd 5 dregs and oneshot the lost sector boss with a melee