E92 M3

Anyone have experience with these things? Some of these examples have dropped to $25k on the used market.

I've read that rod bearings and throttle actuators are the biggest problem with these cars, so I would drop $5k right after purchase to fix these problems.

At ~$30k total, this seems like a pretty good deal for what you get. What do you guys think?

Attached: I-13-BR-BMW-m3-E92-bc-racing-coilovers-installed_1024x1024.jpg (992x600, 61K)

BMW didn't give these things good rod bearings and the user maintenance says they have to be replaced every 40k

Theres aftermarket bearings that fix the issue but BMW doesn't give a fuck. That's probably the worst and most expensive issue

Yeah it’s true, the engine is way too high strung for the rod bearings they put in it.

yup e92 m3 is fucking awesome and relatively low maintenance for a german sports car.

I'll still associate you to Arabs...

Oh no an user's stereotyping a car. Oh god. Alert the masses.

OP is from America though and he probably doesn't care that your shithole country keeps letting in millions of shitskins.

Where the fuck do you people live?
In every BMW thread this same shit is posted.
I suppose you're German and you're thinking of the Turks? How can they even afford an E92 M3?

he's just a sourgrapes fuccboi

You're probably better off with an M Sport 335i unless tracking. Performance is close, it's far cheaper, far more reliable, the torque is low-end so way better for "real world" driving etc

I should also mention this is the generation where they started blurring the line between M3s and the model under it, I wouldn't give the same advice for an E46

I had one for 4 years.. just ask anything you want to know buddy.

Is there anything in the world better than a high revving crossplane V8?

Mustang. Why even buy over priced German v8 when you can have real high revving v8 from land of freedom

Which is the reliable one? I'm looking to find one for comfy highway driving

Out of what? For the 335i the N55 is extremely reliable, the N54 meanwhile is infamous

What if you want to be able to turn?

E92 M3 was peak BMW.

Such a shame how far the brand has fallen and let themselves go since then.

Attached: 189467546189.jpg (275x183, 9K)

Sorry my BMW loving Veeky Forumstist.
Boss can turn just as good as e90.

did anything break?

i know the 335i is probably the better buy, but my inner fuccboi wants a widebodied v8 screamer

whats wrong with modern m3s?

inb4 MUH TURBOS

Oh get the fuck out of here.

When the E92 came out everyone said the E46 was peak BMW. When the E46 came out everyone said the E30 was peak BMW.

Let's be honest here. It's not about anything objective, because the F80 LCI fixed a ton of things. It goes back to the superior inline 6 layout and brings twin turbos to the table. The only real problem with it is the crank hub spinning when you push past stock power levels (~500 crank hp) and the charge pipes failing at high boost.

All of this stuff is getting fixed in the aftermarket. Steering feel is way better on the latest F8xs, as is suspension tuning. It's objectively a better car than the E92.

Feel free to explain why it's worse.

It is just hipster mentality, E60 got the same treatment even though they’re lighter and much more powerful than the E39’s. Honestly it’s like people think all those designers and engineers are just retarded and try make their cars worse.

The F80 is bloated as shit and has zero driver feel, just because idiots shit on every new generation doesn't mean it doesn't have legitimate problems

Nice thanks my dood, how are the autos? Do they explode like how they used to??

>the user maintenance says they have to be replaced every 40k
Does it?

I drove one for 3200 miles, thought it was garbage. No power down low, bloated, too heavy, it's trying to be a luxury car and a sports car at the same time, doesn't do either well. BMW doesn't know how to build V engines.

Attached: DSCN1667.jpg (3648x2736, 2.26M)

The suspension has gotten a lot better. The steering has gotten a lot better. Explain in actual detail what's wrong with the car.

Is the power steering calibration no good? Is the car too tail-happy or understeer-happy? Are the brakes weak?

I despise your tripfagging ass but you’re right about their V8’s, they’ve never been very good, and even the ones that made lots of torque (e39) were plagued with reliability issues. The e92 m3 makes literally all of its power at the top of the power band so it’s useless in the street. I don’t think all of their V engines are bad though, the S85 was a pretty awesome engine.

If you want a V8 that revs over 8k you have to be prepared to have some maintenance

>8000rpm
>excessive
Even if that was the case, that doesn't mean the owners manual recommends big end bearings every 40k miles.

>E9X M3 Rod Bearing Set. Rod bearings should be replaced as a preventative measure before 80,000 miles. This is the set of rod bearings for the S65 V8 in the E90/E92 M3 (BMW part numbers 11247841703 and 11247841702).

you can get better ones, but it suggests to replace them before 80k