Is Mercedes quality a literal meme at this point?

Is Mercedes quality a literal meme at this point?

>Best or nothing

Was checking out CPO cars, go into this practically new 2017 E class with 19k miles. EVERY THING CREAKS! seriously, every fucking think you see int this picture creaks like a cheap Chinese toy when you touch it! It's unbelievable how bad the build quality is...I'm not one to say 'You're only paying for the badge" but in this case, you literally are! nothing inside it feels high quality, in fact a BMW G30 is miles ahead in terms of construction and finishing.

Attached: IMG_2284.jpg (4032x3024, 965K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uk4FbEvt-Ec
youtube.com/watch?v=79IfkkvXl74&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=ciMY_MKKGpM
youtube.com/watch?v=44a7Z4uCBgU
youtube.com/watch?v=xkNSn9w09Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=vPEVn3Sb96g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why didn't you film all the creaks?

I might go back to film this, but there was this annoying salesman who wouldn't stop talking and leave me the fuck alone. here are some other videos that demonstrate what I'm on about: youtube.com/watch?v=uk4FbEvt-Ec

Mercedes is complete overpriced dogshit for Arabs and Slavs.
Everyone including Germans who work for Mercedes have agreed upon this

did you sit in the G30 too?

benzos were reliable as fuck until mid 90's. now they just exploit their reputation.

Yes but I didn't take pictures, my honest impression (I aint a fucking shill) is that the G30 is built like a tank compared to the Mercedes, very few trim pieces creaked and the interior rubbers and plastics felt of a higher quality.

that's what most reviewers are claiming too.
benz fanboys will never accept it though because despite the bmw simpler design it has better quality.
same applies to 3 series vs c class.

>Flamboyant head-turning interior
>Well screwed together interior
When dealing with a sub 100k car, Pick one and only one.

Why can't I pick both?

Because you can't have everything in life. Building expensive-looking flowing trim pieces like in the new E-class is more expensive than mundane looking trim pieces, so naturally it sucks cost from the actual quality of the construction...It's kind of where we're heading as a species anyway, showing-off instead of actually achieving, play-pretend, if it looks like metal but it's actually plastic who cares? Your passengers will be fooled! Unfortunately, social media has ruined everything.

Attached: 2017_e-class_vs_2016_e-class_interior_720x540.jpg (720x540, 79K)

Mercedes's trip ended in the 90s on the w124 model, now these are only expensive counterfeits dogshit

You're buying a brand with Mercedes. Nothing they do is inherently better than any other manufacturer.

my dad's bmw 5 series creaks like hell too. The cupholder is a flimsy literal after-thought. Euros don't know shit when it comes to mid-end luxury compared to the Japs. *cough* lexus

Lexus makes great quality interiors, but their exteriors are thin metal that bends, dings and rusts more than German cars

The one I test drove didn't creak

>but their exteriors are thin metal that bends
Quite the opposite, especially recent GS, LS and LC Lexuses are built like tanks

I work at a VPC and you would't believe the shit that's wrong with brand new MB cars with less than 10 miles on the clock.

The anti-german shills are out in full force again today. What is it - extremely butthurt over our new models released in the last few days like the new toureg that will push our sales numbers to new records again?

You economic war with your dimwittet atrocity propaganda doesn't work burgerfatshit hahaha.

In Germany they call it Türkenbenz

Kek based Germans, at least they know what's making them money
And unironically I think this is all a symptom of hiring quotas and bringing more females into the workforce. They care more about appearances and marketing over the actual substance of the car.

youtube.com/watch?v=79IfkkvXl74&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=ciMY_MKKGpM
youtube.com/watch?v=44a7Z4uCBgU

Your paying $100k for a giant emblem these days.

does it make the same sounds when you're driving?

I would imagine so. It's going to be unbearable after a year of heat/cool cycles.

>let me poke and prod a center stack and gauge cluster for 5 minutes for youtube views

oh so interesting. now let's see what cars india and the middle east and eastern europe are putting out

My C300 doesn't creak at all. idk where you fags are getting this meme from.

try poking stuff in your interior and see if it makes the same sounds

The mercedes designers/engineers probably knew that the trim pieces make sounds if you poke them, but didn't think anyone would be autistic enough to care about it as long as it doesn't creak while driving.

No it’s because the majority of people only care about flashiness and infotainment. They don’t care about build quality, reliability, engine layout or even performance aside from 0-60 and hp numbers

I have owned both lexus and mercedes.
they both have their pros and cons. when it comes to interior lexus wins though.

That being said I like mercedes a lot too so i may be biased.

man idk what you guys are talking about. mercedes has been building or help build some of the best cars for quite a while. and i don't care what company you consider to be the top tier of the industry, all of them have their cash cows and all of them have their faults. mercedes still builds great cars, regardless of what some random dude poking at a center stack wants you to believe

A $100k "luxury car" should not look and feel like a fucking $50 ebay laptop or a Tata/hyungsung1456792A-GAS

In a world of ever cheapening materials, I'm not surprised that luxury brands are cutting corners. Its everywhere these days. What real nice interiors? Go back to 20-30 years ago.

Also jfc putting all this glossy black paint into the car, as if anyone is going to careful wipe that with a microfiber when it gets dirty. Not only a fingerprint magnet, but after a while you may very well need car polish to get it looking good again. Terrible.

man you don't know what you're talking about either. let's go back 20-30 years when interiors were SHIT unless you found something that was top of the line. same panel gaps, same creaks, same everything. but now we can have all the tech stuff AND keep similar build quality thanks to improvements in production. you guys needs to remove your nostalgia goggles, seriously. cars have always been as good as the money you spent

Stay with your non-creaky interior with wide panel gaps while I drive my Mercedes that no one will press down on because I will kick them out of the car fucker

Attached: 524271739.jpg (1536x2048, 622K)

It looks like some generic $30k sedan shitbox. Why do people pay 6 figures for bullshit like this?

Think its like 46k . Not mine anyway just thought id post it for shits

>6 figures
Not even close. GS is 60 tops.
It might be simple, but it's solid and refined.

It's still bad regardless. People wonder why Americans pick pickups over a sedans like that...

Germans are simply too stupid to design and build quality cars. Rather than own the fact that they're incompetent like the British, they're petty and blame their customer base.

Wrong. I have a 2000 pathfinder and it feels better built inside than a 2018 one. Interiors are built poorly nowadays, and it's simply because no one who walks into a showroom cares about quality at all, they just want equipment and technology. It was different 20 years ago.

middle management poorfag making $100k a year detected.

So I should get a gook car instead, right?
Memes aside, it seems like the germans have been losing their touch, and even though the koreans are soulless and derivative, they're deriving from what the germans try to be.

Except BMW and Porsche interiors actually are high quality.

BMW is still great imo. Dunno about Porsche.

I personally like Porsche interiors design and the amazing performance they have but just hate the exterior looks of any Porsche, they all look so bland and boring. If they made a 911 S that would stand out from the rest of the cheap badgewhore shit I would definitely buy one. No, a big ass wing on the back does not make it stand out.

even a entry level cayman has excellent quality all around the interior.
911’s are excellent too.
I only dislike the VAG dna that can be felt in porsche interiors (similar buttons and switches and shit)
i work at a luxury car detailing i see brand new bimmers, benzs, bentleys, porsches every day

>thin metal that bends, dings and rusts more than German cars
What are talking about? I owned an IS F and now a GS F and the build quality interior and exterior is great.

Why buy such boring cars buddy? I know people with limited incomes and they still buy fun cars.

I don't consider them boring, I just wanted a nice V8 sedan and since I drive a lot I didn't want to risk getting a European car that would be more likely to have reliability problems.

>GSF
>Boring
Literally drive yourself down a cliff

Attached: 12.29.39 PM.jpg (2368x1588, 481K)

Just get a Dacia Duster

If you are familiar with guitars, Mercedes is about to pull a Gibson. Relying on brand name and brand pricing to sell their low quality crap

Guess some bmws do it too?

youtube.com/watch?v=xkNSn9w09Hk

I wonder what else?

>jeremy clarkson as reference

DELET THIS

Attached: 1437457417301.jpg (900x900, 43K)

modern cars creak because they have more sub assemblies and more points at which parts intersect

Attached: $_86.jpg (1024x576, 160K)

Attached: 2017-honda-civic-dashboard-leaked-though-patent-images_1.jpg (1000x733, 62K)

Shhhh it'll ruin OP's agenda

>GS

It's an RC.

Pic related costs at least 6-7000€ LESS than a generic correspondant german car and is way better when it comes to durability and feel.

It may not look as cool as them (also because it's all black on black) but they key of Lexus is not to impress with some fancy futuristic shit to look better and give the "impression" of luxury when all you see is garbage plastic, a glued ipad and a led stripe... german cars are literally "polished turd" tier.

Attached: 9.jpg (3072x1728, 2.21M)

that middle dash and center console look like utter trash
a c63 or m4 is a league above the rcf

"dont touch my car or it will break" bahahahah
my ford explorer doesn't creak like that

I can never get over that H U G E emblem on the steering wheel. Should I just gouge my eyes out?

Say your state and I will race you.

Tennesseefag
unironically thinking of building the motor here in the fall.

There's no such thing as 'quality' now days unless you get a basic model Tacoma, Colorado, Ranger.
All the newer cars now days can have hundreds of electrical problems, and when they age, they will age terribly.

I went to look at a 2002 AMG C32 the other day, dude was desperate to sell the thing, 120000km on the Odom, serviced only at Merc dealer, was in amazing shape, sensors all going off at the same time, half the electronics and the GPS didn't work, would have run me in the thousands to fix. Ran nice tho.

sure

Attached: toy.png (873x757, 641K)

When toyotas have a problem, they’re all fucking affected because it’s due to design and not Quality Control. Once the recall is done, it’s all good man

Yea seriously. Recalls happen all the time.
When I was working at Mercedes back in 05 - 09 they had some of the most ridiculous recalls, the 03 - 06 models all had major issues with the bottom door trim, some sort of weather stripping put along the bottom of the doors cause water and dirt to build up in there and rust away the door, people had to come in for regular service to clean out the rail or else it would rust away.
The E class had all sorts of issues with their batteries..
All of the convertible C class had complaints of rattling noises when the top was down...
the list goes on.

are you comparing a car that was built 16 years ago to one that was built today. please tell me you're not that ignorant. do you have any idea how infantile all consumer tech was back in 2002

The point is, that C32 had a price tag of over 80 grand, the guy was selling it for 5000 leaf bucks.
For 5000 dollars I can't even buy a decent Miata from 2002, the quality of the time aged terribly is what I'm getting at.
All this tech and electronics in cars are a luxury, from an economic point of view it's trash, useless outside of leasing vehicles.

>poking wood for 5 minutes
>Why is it making a sound????????????
Jesus christ this is what bmw spergs have come to

you're stupid for not taking that deal. remove the GPS for something 3rd party, change the sensors and you get a car that was quicker than the Corvette of the same year.

i mean the interior is made to break up in an accident so it might partially be a safety thing.

also in some of these types of videos its just a really high quality focused mic that amplifies the sound

Shhh, let the BMW owners think bmw is plastic free

and if they don't hit it hard enough to make a sound, then they don't get those sweet sweet views

OP, every car in that price range has this you fucking idiot. Even you precious G30

youtube.com/watch?v=vPEVn3Sb96g

Now kill yourself

I owned a 89' Skyline in 2008 - 10'
I'm done with money pits.

The power steering was stiff, and I had no idea what the condition of a 16 year old super charger was like.

Its not about quality anymore, its all about the badge and how many under developed pieces of technology you can shove in your car

>Relying on brand name and brand pricing to sell their low quality crap
Yeah, but come on, it's an E-Class. Basically the baby S-Class. Not exactly an entry-level Mercedes.

If you want actual good interiors, go french.

no, you go dacia

Veeky Forums really is a hivemind huh.
Now everyone in this shitty board loves these gypsies cars.

A friend drives a Mazda 6 which has very similar interior and nothing creaks. It was also probably not as expensive as the merc

I don't give a damn what model it is.
I'm advocating for Lexus.
Also, basically all the interiors on the lexus sedan lines are the same.

source
lol

Is this a real thing? I'm not a Veeky Forums regular and its interesting to see even on boards like Veeky Forums where there are carwars.

Attached: MOON.webm (960x540, 2.55M)

Ding ding - can we close the thread

No. Why does this Merc creak, and a Lexus doesn’t?

Have you ever been on Veeky Forums before today?

Push the right panels and the Lexus will creak too

How bout you make your main panel not creak??

I thought Veeky Forums was a place of harm/o/ny, a reclusive board away from the madness around it.

>$60,000 German luxury cars squeak and crack under minor finger stress

>My $18,000 Hyundai shitbox manufactured in fucking Alabama doesn't make any of those sounds if I press on the trim or center console

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THE GERMAN AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY

Attached: Road-Test-Review-2015-Hyundai-Sonata-INTERIOR-Focus-2.4L-Limited-29-800x531.jpg (800x531, 80K)

What the fuck. My $1k car doesn't sound that cheap