Whats the GNU/Linux of the car world?

Whats the GNU/Linux of the car world?

Attached: 1521748396722.jpg (640x480, 220K)

Attached: Stick_shift.jpg (968x643, 70K)

I own two of those generation of Protege.

They are largely forgotten and rusted away now.

Classic VW beetle

unironically this

Attached: dr eggman.webm (626x360, 2.72M)

Attached: 1513783285115.jpg (576x382, 57K)

This is close second, but the winner goes to
>pic related

Attached: images.jpg (276x183, 7K)

Top Gear has made some of the best cars.

Attached: Top Gear S22E08.mp4-00_49_16.520.jpg (720x404, 95K)

Wh-what is that?

Attached: 5d661e678bc0cd3418e4978549a2cce086b986b565110cccf174426520d0d501.png (3076x1632, 625K)

No idea but the new nsx is the automotive equivalent to aleinware gaming computers

free car you found abandoned near the local trash heap and keep repairing daily, ridiculing anyone who points out that its unreliable by saying they are just not smart enough to repair it.

how does he get out without breaking eggs?

based

He's not allowed to leave before he sells all the eggs.

W-why are you doing this.

Kit cars

Attached: project-818-1.jpg (950x426, 194K)

A mk1-2 VW diesel rabbit.
You have to be autistic to work on and modify the fuel pump for extra power, They have little issues but run just fine. You constantly brag about it's reliability but keep extra parts in the back when you inevitably snap another fuel line. You like to keep in the back of your mind that you would be the only running vehicle in an EMP situation.

It's the thinkpad 600 running gentoo of the car world. slow as balls and falling apart everytime theres an update but somehow keeps running on the fumes of your pure tism

A mk1-2 VW diesel rabbit.
You have to be autistic to work on and modify the fuel pump for extra power, They have little issues but run just fine. You constantly brag about it's reliability but keep extra parts in the back when you inevitably snap another fuel line. You like to keep in the back of your mind that you would be the only running vehicle in an EMP situation.

It's the thinkpad 600 with gentoo of the car world. slow as shit and falling apart everytime theres an update (turboing it) but somehow keeps running on the fumes of your pure tism

pure tism everyone

pure tism

I would know, I double post and own two of them

It was so nice I said it twice.

You made me kek. Enjoy your upvote.

He looks pissed

lol that image is so true

lmaooo

Attached: chris_evans.png (300x300, 118K)

Fuck off back to Veeky Forums nigger

>cons: one horsepower
>pros: you get to keep the horse when swapping carriages

Attached: Lancaster_County_Amish_03.jpg (800x600, 130K)

I disagree

is that guy doing shots of egg yoke?

carburator < ecu

> ecu works or not
>$20 obd cable, your moms laptop + some shady russian software
> anything else on the car will break before the ecu

whenever I had engine trouble it was some vacuum hose controlling some unimportant bullshit, reconnect it and it ran like new.

is a prebuilt caterham with features you didn't ask for like an auto tranny, heated seats, AC, etc the equivalent of ubuntu?

Attached: 1513218696024.png (250x385, 118K)

How can you be here and not recognize a carburator ?
Fucking consumers I swear. It's not even age related, your typical teen motor scooter has a carburated engine.

>anything else on the car will break before the ecu

thats entirely dependent on the manufacturer and their bad/good design chocies, i've seen ECU's placed right next to the engine, ECU's beneath the battery (imagine what happens to it when the battery leaks) etc..

Manual Cars
>Cheaper to fix
>More Control Of Vehicle
>Average Idiot Can't Use It

90s and early 2000s era Subarus. One flexible design underpinning 5 different models that are all uniquely practical/mediocre/appeal to soyboys.

>cons
Also tons of poop

explain

ahahha fuck i've been thinkpad/arch for like 9 years now and my first car was a 1984 190d a couple years ago, i was between that and a golf mk1/2 diesel

this is really, really accurate

it *was* really reliable but small non-essential things were alllwayyss breaking, very gentoo. eventually just wasn't worth it because the risk of it breaking down was constant stress

now i'm in a mk4 1.8t golf, it's much more arch. the check engine lights are always on but it keeps working just fine anyways

as far as the most thinkpad car though i'd probably say lexus ls400. it's businessman and runs forever

Attached: lexus-ls400.jpg (1280x782, 97K)

>archaic platform
>objectively inferior to more conventional models
>multiple distributors
>lightweight
>tons of mod options
It's most definitely gotta be a kit car.

Attached: 5721325868_2e79f1f713[1].jpg (500x375, 208K)