Was this a bad buy?

Spent 2500 for this 86 fox.
>Paint/body is close to perfect.
>All dials and electronics work (Windows locks wipers lights and stereo)
>236k
>Needs tranny rebuilt.
>Will probably need a front end rebuild and steering rack in the future if I want to do a proper alignment.
>Runs as good as a it possibly can but >leaks alot from rms.
>No rust.
>Stock except for flowmaster mufflers.
>Bought from original owner.

Attached: tmp_cl_img.1503082753.649880.jpg (900x1200, 810K)

Attached: tmp_cl_img.1503082766.594252.jpg (900x1200, 854K)

Attached: tmp_cl_img.1503082815.468850.jpg (1200x900, 785K)

>236k
>Needs tranny rebuilt.
>2500
man you could've payed a ladyboy a lot less money to ass ram you that hard man
inb4 its an autogagic also

Its the t5 manual fyi

(Head unit removed in photo I'm putting one from my last vehicle in today)

Attached: tmp_cl_img.1503082649.515508.jpg (1200x900, 639K)

Unless op is an absolute tard, Ford trannies of that era are easy as dick to rebuild.
You can pick up a rebuild kit for like $300 and a manual valve body kit and gated shifter for about $600 more.
That's money well fucking spent if you really hate the idea of a clutch, otherwise, 50 trips to the junkyard and a care package of a clutch, m/s cyl, and some fluid.

What is a manual valve body kit? It's a gear box aren't valvebodies for auto trans? And yes rebuild kits for the t5 rebuild kits are cheap and I am confident in doing it myself.

>Paint/body is close to perfect.
>No rust.
>Bought from original owner.
>interior looks mint.
Focus on these positives, moreover original owner, that's pretty rare for over 30 years! He must have enjoyed it...and alot, if the tranny is now fucked.

I would say its a decent buy, if you can do alot of the work yourself.

Attached: 1521562654814.jpg (485x715, 172K)

just finished dropping a crate engine into my 86 convertible. Make sure you do subframe connectors and if you live where it snows patch the inevitable holes in the back seat footwells.

I'm certain the seats were reapolstered they look better than the seats in our 2012 explorer!

thats a pretty good deal OP. i just recently paid about the same for an old 1983 Buick park avenue with 30,000kms and it was in a garage all its life. the car is worthless though. you car isnt worthless and will more than likely gain value. just praying that big American sedans become valuable in the near future (which I think they will)

Why did you buy it?
You gonna rip it apart for mod it?

might drive it a bit but will try to keep it mint and keep it in the garage until the market goes up and sell it.

Maybe over paid by a few hundred but it's not that big of a deal in the long run. Go to the junkyard and pick up another t5.

Ah don't be lame, dude. Drive it! It's already a high mileage car that isn't rare. Although, I don't know if certain options make one foxbody more desirable than another.

You did good OP. Looks solid at the shock towers. Enjoy a true drivers vehicle and don’t let any fucking jap drivers on Veeky Forums who think 200 hp in a 3000 pound car is spirited

I wrote all that before you confirmed it was a T5, assuming it was auto.

Is that a notchback? Either nice find op, good price for a clean original fox. Probably bound to rebuild the tranny either watly since T5s are made of paper maché and glass

don't let them do what?

Tell you different. Sorry, I trailed off

No it's a hatch I wish it was a notch!

Paint and body is nowhere near perfect, sorry to break it to you, but it is decent and useable as is. You can see the panels don't line up between the hood and fenders, the paint is a bit faded and lacks sheen, paint on the bumpers is all but gone.

That said you got the best body style and best engine, so good start there. Big plus for original owner car. I would focus solely on repairs and maintanence while getting to know the car, then go from there. You need some $ to put in for the tranny etc., but overall a good deal on a fun car that will retain its value. Good job user

In what universe would any 30 year old vehicle have perfectly lined up body panels. I doubt it looked any different from the factory back in 86

I'd say you did ok you can rebuild the tranny for cheap and if its straight and rust free you got yourself a good platform to work from

>236k
>Needs tranny rebuilt.
>$2500

I love that car and the way it looks, but $2,500 is way too much.

>Runs as good as a it possibly can but >leaks alot from rms.
>rms

wat?

Rear main seal. Convenient for OP as he's pulling the trans anyway.

Believe it or not the ancient peoples of 30 years ago had both the knowledge and ability to align body panels correctly. This came standard on most new cars.

would be best to drop a new motor and tranny in this thing i would have tried to get it for around 1800 at the most also gonna need new mounts cv joints axels etc