What is exactly the point of backseats in sports cars...

What is exactly the point of backseats in sports cars?People with kids don't buy them and ones that do don't use them for driving kids to school.Seems like waste of space and weight.Why not just put big trunk in place of it like in corvette and fairlady?

Attached: 266842.jpg (620x414, 34K)

Makes insurance cheaper

myth
y
t
h

>backseats in sports cars
Sports cars don't have back seats
If a car has a back seat, it's not a sports car.
It's that simple.

>drive kids to school
You just answered your own question
>muh weight savings
The whole bench seat maybe weighs 50 pounds
>muh fairlady
Z’s have always had a 2+2 option or sold a 2+2 as the Infiniti G35/G37

What’s wrong with offering a bit more convenience? If it bothers you that much, remove the seats. It takes a half hour and a socket set

Honda CRX
Sports car?

It gives you more flexibility when adjusting your seat!

Attached: 1519631876297.png (1305x663, 51K)

I'll drive my kid to school in the AE86 eventually. And on the passenger seat of an Elise.

Got a problem with that?

>Honda CRX
>Sports car?
Just because a car has 2 seats, doesn't mean it is a sports car.
Also, front wheel drive cannot be a sports car. Front wheel drive is for economy.

>911
>not a sports car

>more storage when not a seat
>last-ditch option if you want it
>sometimes women are tiny enough to make it work
>No legroom = spread skirts in the back

>>not a sports car
911 fags BTFO
How does it feel to know that a Boxter is a bonafide sports car, but the 911 is a family car.

>boxter
>xt
Lmao m8
I'd be okay with a beetle that does 6:48
6 : 4 8
:

> GTR
> Not a sports car

>No legroom = spread skirts in the back
I agree with you except on this point. Both legs stay together and angled to one side if they don't have enough legroom.

>I'd be okay with a beetle that does 6:48
yawn

>GTR
u mad

Attached: maga u mad.jpg (1122x1122, 685K)

Referring to the R32, 33, and 34.

No he's not talking about girls, he's talking about the drag queens he picks up.

Today I learned that a Dodge Ram Single Cab is a sports car.

good for little nephew and nieces

>oday I learned that a Dodge Ram Single Cab is a sports car.
no, today you learned that your reading comprehension is shit

>Referring to the R32, 33, and 34.
still not a sports car. A Z is a sports car.

Look, there are many fine automobiles with more than 2 seats, but the fact is that they are not sports cars. It's ok. There is nothing wrong with that. It's just the definition of the term.

Today I learned my Honda Civic coupe with the back seats taken out is a sports car

>Today I learned my Honda Civic coupe with the back seats taken out is a sports car
only if it has a fart can exhaust

>Sports cars don't have back seats
Check
>Front wheel drive is for economy.
Not FWD
Checks all the retarded boxes.

It does

>what is a sport sedan

>drive my kid to school in the AE86
>'look at user's dads car! they must be poor hahaha!!!'

People with kids buy them, otherwise the wife would veto the purchase. Gotta go cruising for ice cream once a year to justify it as a family item.

Poor people in this country drive late 90s cars or early 00s cars. Early 90s econoboxes are extinct already, so anything 80s is unicorn tier and generally well kept and more of an oldtimer than a shitbox.

You sound like a fag I came across here a few months ago. kys. I present to you a car with two seats, suddenly....nope, not a sports car, cause FWD. Neck yourself.

This is a sad reality, I can still remember when I saw alot of 80s trash still on the road.

>Early 90s econoboxes are extinct already
I have two 1994 Proteges still. One good one, and one not so good one.

>911
>not the best day of my life

>being this mad because of a front wheel drive car

I drive a 92 Camry. There's what seems like 5 of them left in the country on the roads. At least that's the number I count on average during an entire year. All went to export.

>Seems like waste of space and weight.Why not just put big trunk in place of it like in corvette and fairlady?

Insurance rates mostly, to a lesser extent to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. However its mostly insurance. A 2 seater is much much more expensive to insure than a 4 seater

We really need ID’s on Veeky Forums

>Sports cars don't have back seats
Honda Insight?

This. I just quoted a '18 Camaro ZL1 and an 18' Corvette Stingray with a purchase price of 70k. The Camaro would cost me 247 a month for full coverage, the Corvette would cost me 372 a month for full coverage.

That despite the ZL1 would wipe the floor with the Stingray

>Honda Insight?
Front wheel drive: not a sports car

BTW I live in downtown Chicago, I am 32 years old, and the quotes were through the Geico app (who insures my '17 Ford Focus Titanium)

When I drive places I often find I am the oldest car now in the immediate area. Auto wrecking yards no longer have my cars in stock, and if they get something that old, they crush it right away because its taking up space a newer car could be using to make money for those parts, because there is more demand for late 90s to late 2000s shit.

1992 Camry is the last of the old Camrys I liked. Got boring as fuck after 1997. Truth be told I like 87-91's the best. Nice combo of power, and boxy design. Could still get a V6 and 5spd.

>FWD 98hp hatchback
>Sports car
Do you have a learning disability