Help a brother choose

Mustang, Camaro or Challenger
Pros and Cons please

Attached: 238140719414.jpg (626x382, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vqnVqmeSVpI
youtube.com/watch?v=rgQK99WeAcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yh2kHQhYqpU
youtube.com/watch?v=7pzz_E9fG88
youtube.com/watch?v=MMNifBdm_o4
abc7chicago.com/just-trying-to-get-to-maryland-says-man-driving-over-160-mph-on-ind-toll-road/3246609/
youtube.com/watch?v=nCnkpynbal8
automobile-catalog.com/car/2017/2224625/chevrolet_camaro_lt_3_6l_v-6_6-speed.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thread theme
I think I'm the only one who listens to these guys, lol
youtube.com/watch?v=vqnVqmeSVpI

What years are you looking at? from that generation you posted? Do you value comfort/practicality over performance? do you mind that the back seat in a Camaro/stang will be mostly unusable but the Challenger actually has a pretty usable back seat?

Mustang-
Pro: Its one of the nicer optioned cars on the list. Better tech than either of the other 2.
Con: The Brostang label is sadly appropriate. Its image is that of a 20 year old with daddys credit card.

Camaro-
Pro: Solid car with amazing aftermarket support.
Con: The ugliest and most cheaply made interior of the group.

Challenger -
Pro: In its Hellcat form, it is arguably the best performing of the group
Con: Its a Dodge and comes with the DodgeJeepChrysler build quality. It might do 200mph, but it will also see the dealership service department more in its first year of life than the other 2 will see in 5 years

challengers the only real muscle car. the other two are pony cars

That is because the Challenger is not only the largest of the group by far, but is also the heaviest of the group by a wide margin. Everything has a tradeoff

Buy a Honda Civic STFU

ATS-V

>In its Hellcat form, it is arguably the best performing of the group
Not when a V6 Camaro can match a hellcat around a track.

>Everything has a tradeoff
Hence why i asked "Do you value comfort/practicality over performance

Attached: 1520220127798.jpg (504x502, 54K)

That is an interesting observation.

Pony cars are defined as compact to midsize cars. Light in weight and powerful.

Muscle cars are defined as full size coupes/sedans with large amounts of power

That definition fits pretty well for all 3. The Challenger sitting next to the other 2 looks and feels like a land barge

Yea, no, no it doesnt, unless that track is filled with the tightest most technical corners ever devised with zero straights and no banking

I prefer the mustang and challengers looks over the camaro, the challenger is the one that has kept it's design the most since it originally came out.

Attached: 1521609263423.png (608x960, 1.17M)

I personally think the Camaro has the most disgusting interior in any car ive driven in. It doesnt help that the plastic and "leather" its made of remind me of my 1991 Hyundai Excel. I actually found myself changing the radio stations and opening the door "nicely" because I was afraid to break something.

OP here

thanks

im not 16 yrs old
i earn $75,000 after taxes
not much but its a living

agreed
almost makes me wish the road runner would make a return

is it true what they say about the pillars?
are they intrusive?

really appreciate the input guys
right now, i'm leaning towards the Challenger
I own a 2017 JK and i've had no problems whatsoever

Attached: a68.png (520x678, 301K)

>Camaro
More like Fiero with a bodykit, right fellas?

Have you ever been in any year Camaro? They earned the reputation for not being able to see shit except what is directly infront of you. The new ones, if it is possible, actually made visibility worse than the 4th gen. Its almost like Chevy does it on purpose. Like they think "no one is actually going to DRIVE this car, and who gives a shit what is to the sides and behind you in a drag race.

as a passenger only
it was fun and i like the style
ur thought on the challenger?

is the Fiero a meme?
theyre a dime a dozen here for about $3000
i think theyre ugly

You own one of the most unreliable vehicles on the road in America and you have had "no problems"? Does it have 20 miles on it or are you the kind of person who doesnt care their car goes to the dealership ever 3 months?

30,000 miles
iguess i lucked out

whats ur daily driver, brother?

Same friend owns both. A Camaro SS and a Challenger RT8.

The Challenger is for sure comfier, roomier, and more "every day car like". I could easily see daily'ing a Challenger without a problem. The Camaro feels faster, tighter, and generally "more sports car like".

The best way I can describe it is like a 1970s Cadillac. The Challenger is big, comfy, and will push you back in your seat nice and hard if you give it gas. But at the end of the day, you feel like you are in a huge car and deep down you know everyone in a Mustang, Camaro, even a 2500 SD Pick up can beat you off the line. Its a nice comfy saturday cruiser, not a sports car

Hellcat: youtube.com/watch?v=rgQK99WeAcQ
V6 Camaro: youtube.com/watch?v=yh2kHQhYqpU

the fiero is rear engine, you retard.

>beat you off the line
yikes
375hp not enough?
still looks cool but i can pump up the hp with a procharger to 600hp

A '14 Silverado 1500

Where the fuck were you on Veeky Forums ten years ago?
Mmm, I guess 3k Civic is the new hot shit.

ur q makes no sense, eggroll

Challenger can’t turn whatsoever dude, is this news to you? It’ll win in a drag race any day but it is in no way a track car

>within half a second of each other
holy shit.

A Ford F250 has more HP, more torque, 4wd, and barely weighs 1000lbs more than a Challenger. So yes, you are firmly in pick up truck territory off the straight line when driving a Challenger

As someone who owns a challenger, I can confirm.

That is a V8 Camaro, not the V6 or the Turbo 4

>moving the goalposts

No. That is the V6. They have a separate video for the V8.
youtube.com/watch?v=7pzz_E9fG88

hows the mpg?
is it ur daily driver?

I don't daily it and the mpg is awful, something 16 combined. But I have a Hellcat.

Huh... then their description must be wrong as the 1LE is a discontinued model, didnt weigh that much, and came with a V8

1LE is not a model or trim level. It is an optional handling package.
The package is available on LS and LT Camaros with the V6 option, 6.2L V8 SS cars, and supercharged 6.2L ZL1 models.

The package is also only available on cars equipped with a 6 speed manual.

Thats what happens when you put a drag car on a street course against a car designed for a street. Its like putting a land speed record car on a road course against a Jigster 600

Power goes right out the window when the fuckin thing has the turning radious of a city bus

Mustang is best bang for your buck and will still turn heads. But everyone and their 50 year old mom drives one.

This is sad but true. I went to a car show a few weeks ago and a Shelby GT500R was sitting there with a few people looking at it, and a turbo'ed BRZ a few feet away had so many people around it you could barely see the car

>the 1LE is a discontinued model

Attached: V6 1le is a thing.png (1920x800, 436K)

So the moral of this thread is the Mustang is boyracer, the Camaro is cheap plastic, and the Challenger cant make a 3 point turn in a parking lot

no.
The Challenger is a land yacht.
The Camaro is a sports car.
The Mustang is a compromise.

I think there's a reason for that mate

Dollar for dollar the Mustang beats the Camaro hands down. The only real problem with the Mustang is its a Mustang and carries that image with it reguardless of its specs or price

youtube.com/watch?v=MMNifBdm_o4

>not the ZL1 1LE
try again

i never liked you

The real moral as provided by Illinois State Police the other day is that on the street its a lot more about the size of your balls than the size of your engine

abc7chicago.com/just-trying-to-get-to-maryland-says-man-driving-over-160-mph-on-ind-toll-road/3246609/

Hellcat caught and arrested by a lowly Charger Interceptor

Exactly, you arent ever going to test any of these cars to their limit on the street, and the second you take them to a track, your 50-80k car no longer has insurance when you hit a wall at 120+

Chebby really outdid themselves with the Camaro. It handles well, it's fast, it's reasonably reliable, and it's reasonably priced for what you get.

Shame it looks so shit ugly

.... 10:08

"I think they gave us the wrong car. Its a ZL1 1LE"

Camaro of that year trumps the Mustang and Challenger
>can turn
>better looking
>ZL1 1LE platform available in case you want more power

ZL1 1LE wasn't released at the time. It's a normal ZL1

Challenger; because you want the best daily out of the three. Never forget about break-in period and maintainance schedule (most people in america don't even understand what those are), should last you 300k+ if you're responsible and change fluids earlier that expected from being """sporty"""

>>That feel when

you are so rich you just dropped 30-40k extra to gain less than 1.5 seconds off a 2.5 mile track in the best of conditions, yet were within 3 tenths of a second with a Porsche 911 GT3

Did you miss the part where they mention "by the time you see this, its 9 months in the future?"

Chevy SS. 415 HP LS3, responds VERY well to mods (you can make like 600 whp with a cam, tune, and exhaust), manual, 4 doors, and comes super loaded with options. The only options you can get additional are a sun roof and a few paint colors.

right. That just means it took them that long to do all the editing. Still not a 1LE.
Stay mad.

Its Road and Track, not a flyByNight Youtube channel

youtube.com/watch?v=nCnkpynbal8

Stock, stock, modified... The man talking builds some of the fastest Corvettes in the world.

Used Viper.

>that front end

Attached: very uncomfortable camaro.png (476x241, 222K)

>but it will also see the dealership service department more in its first year of life than the other 2 will see in 5 years
proofs?

Consumer Reports

>Consumer Reports
Where?

Attached: Chevrolet Camaro V8.png (688x619, 44K)

...you have heard of Consumer Reports havent you? ... they kind of have a website

So prove to me that the dodge is going to "see the dealership service department more in its first year of life than the other 2 will see in 5 years"

Writing "Consumer Reports" doesn't prove anything.

The face changes once you actually add the 1LE package.

Attached: 1LE looks.png (1920x900, 421K)

He sounds like a wannabe Marilyn Manson

The man should be executed for being a fraud and a con-man.

>everything will walk you in a challenger
Um maybe in a V6 model but the 5.7 L R/T hits 60 in 5.1 seconds and the 6.4 L V8 in 4.1 seconds. Definitely not getting blown out off the line....

>doesn't understand they physically and legally cannot get a car for review before it's released

V6 Camaro does 0-60 in 5.2.
automobile-catalog.com/car/2017/2224625/chevrolet_camaro_lt_3_6l_v-6_6-speed.html

If you actually want a car that can handle well, forget the Challenger. That's not to say the Challenger is a bad car by any means. It's just not meant to do anything but go fast in a straight line. It's a heavy but comfy cruiser that would make for a nice DD if you don't care about MPGs.

The latest generation of both the Mustang and Camaro handle quite well from the factory and will do even better with some aftermarket suspension upgrades. I think the Camaro is a bit faster around the track.

Honestly - and I say this as the happy owner of a heavily-modified older Mustang - the modern GM drive train is amazing. If I didn't hate the Camaro body style, I would have one right now.

Attached: lt1.jpg (653x653, 82K)

mopar defense force

mustang has best engine

Better tech too. The magnetic ride control and dual-mode exhaust are the tightest shit

Attached: 1519706029649.gif (320x243, 651K)

This guy gets it. The 10speed auto of the Camaro is fantastic. Mag ride suspension and so much more under the hood that comes stock makes it so fun to drive. But it’s so damn ugly. It’s like hasbro sent them designs for the next transformer movie and GM built a camaro based off of that. I don’t even know how they can fix it til the next gen. It’s still selling though, it’s all down to taste. Test drive them all OP. As for me, I like the mustang.

Your right the only two v8s that anyone mods anymore are ls and coyote. So dodge must have gotten it right finally with the challenger. About time with the garbage theve been spouting for 50+ years.