Civic SI

Why would someone get pic related when a Focus ST is the same price but 50 more HP and 70 more lb ft? Do the numbers not tell the whole story? Legitimately confused here.

Attached: 2017-Honda-Civic-SI-front-three-quarter-in-motion-07-e1496011187688.jpg (660x439, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3CN-1lFXxvk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

honda name, aftermarket, styling, reliability. There's lots of reasons.

The fun part is: they're both good cars. :)

The aftermarket support is probably similar, with more gainz per dollar for the focus for several reasons. And a lot of people say this is one of the ugliest civics with all the fake blocked vents and stuff. And they ditched what Honda people loved, high revving na engines. This new 1.5 redlines at 6500

In leaf dollars, the Si is $4k cheaper. The Honda gearbox is arguably nicer too. They're both good cars though.

Sounds like a difference more to do with different models for different markets, possible tax differences, and other stuff like that than just a straight up matter of burgerbux to maplemoney

The SI is shit this generation. The Type R is now the performance halo Civic.

Attached: 2017_Honda_Civic_Type_R_onsale_0008.jpg (1580x940, 253K)

Why would somebody spend $30k on a fwd when they can get a truck?

Attached: colorado base.jpg (1024x768, 151K)

I'm not doubting that, the type R is impressive. My question I guess was more about how they plan to sell the SI well when the same price point seems to get so much more elsewhere. The type R is an entirely different class

The SI is made in Ontario, we get the hometown discount.

The cars in question start at 25k but if that's your jam do you booboo

Figured it was something like that

Attached: 1521822431588.jpg (640x480, 50K)

Thanks for making my car Canada

real question: how did honda release the ugliest new car of 2017 and think "yeah that's good"

>tfw no auto si or st

Attached: 1521205125579.gif (352x260, 1.02M)

They've been sliding down a shit rope since the 2000's. I think they're just trying to see what they can get away up with.

Good

The previous 9th gen Si didn't have huge appeal either. 200 HP from a N/A 2.4 when all its competitors had been using turbo 4's making over 250 HP for years.

Attached: 2014-honda-civic-si-sedan-photo-604079-s-1280x782.jpg (1280x782, 173K)

8th gen was the last good si.
>Tfw 8.3k redline

I unironically agree. And it's nothing to do with the 8.3k screamer K20 under the hood.
It's that, badge aside, it was extremely close to the JDM Civic Type R. I think the camshafts, and some cosmetic bits were different, and that was it.

Attached: honda_civic_2007_pictures_20.jpg (2048x1536, 864K)

fuck autos

one of them is a fucking f o r d

Are new Honda's even reliable? Everyone used to consider them as good as Toyota but now it seems people are sceptical of them

>but now it seems people are sceptical of them
Because with the 10th gen Honda Civic, Honda ditched the conventional automatic transmission for a CVT known for breaking down. The manuals are fine.

Oddly enough, the sister car, the Acura ILX, uses a superior 8 speed DCT, which is arguably the best DCT on the market. And it uses the 200 HP 2.4L K24 from the last gen Civic Si as standard.
youtube.com/watch?v=3CN-1lFXxvk

Attached: 2016-Acura-ILX-3.jpg (1600x1067, 178K)

You can't even buy a new manual Civic in Australia, and Acuras aren't sold here unfortunately

>You can't even buy a new manual Civic in Australia
That's sad. In America, almost every trim of the Civic has a manual option, with the Si and Type R models being manual only.

>Honda ditched the conventional automatic transmission for a CVT known for breaking down
I haven't heard anything about Honda's CVTs breaking down and I work for Honda.

Shieeeet.
I have an 13 Accord CVT with 120k miles now but I haven't had any problems at all.

Better interior and even number of doors

A 10th Gen civic is better than a Focus. Both the SI and ST, not to be confused with the R and RS, are kind of seen more as trims than a separate car.

What I am saying is that the road to buying an SI starts with wanting to buy a Civic.

>8.3k screamer K20
which years? I have an 08 and it redlines at 8k
Unless you mean fuel cut off.

I think that's a valid point. But what about the people who are approaching it looking at buying a car of that segment? You're looking at only mid level turbo charged compacts. I don't think everyone has to start from make/model loyalty

Attached: 1521540080315.jpg (583x371, 62K)

I would never spend money on an American branded vehicle. Focus is a really gay car too.

>Honda transmissions

The absolute worst feeling trannies I've ever shifted were in Civics. They feel like weak shit, the gears are so shallow.

Mazda3 has god tier shitbox transmissions.

Attached: mazda knob.jpg (800x600, 44K)