/mmg/ Mega Man General

Snek Edition
Thread No. 190
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Rom Hacks
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_hacks (wiki page is a stub. feel free to contribute)

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

rockman-corner.com/2017/09/mega-man-30th-anniversary-panel.html
nintendoeverything.com/capcoms-tgs-2017-lineup/
youtube.com/watch?v=XOU7_AlUIag
mega.nz/#F!lJRR2JTC!v1xTtLHg_vN_FtnpBJq24Q
mega.nz/#F!pr5FVKCK!u7lZLlYxa72s8PUcDTicdg
reddit.com/r/Megaman/
reddit.com/r/Megaman/comments/6yp9ov/rockmanexe_and_ryuusei_no_rockman_anime_complete/
reddit.com/r/BattleNetwork/comments/6ypelk/rockmanexe_and_ryuusei_no_rockman_anime_full/
youtube.com/watch?v=XAt5-fL8USo
imgur.com/a/hAKCX
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aww yeah, snek love.

DAY-CHAN!!!!
CUTE DAY-CHAN!

rockman-corner.com/2017/09/mega-man-30th-anniversary-panel.html

Posting this for people who missed it in the last thread. The tokyo game show starts on the 23rd. The Mega Man stuff will be on the 24th.

Here's the schedule.
nintendoeverything.com/capcoms-tgs-2017-lineup/

Reposting from the old thread

Work (in Progress) for the Weekend

youtube.com/watch?v=XOU7_AlUIag

Hoping for something good but I'll expect nothing.

It's always interesting to see this coming together.

Requesting help to torrent the anime!
I already uploaded the Rockman.EXE anime on Mega and made a torrent because people kept asking me to.
This turned out to be a terrible idea, with my internet I can't properly seed over 30 leeches.

These are my files:
mega.nz/#F!lJRR2JTC!v1xTtLHg_vN_FtnpBJq24Q
mega.nz/#F!pr5FVKCK!u7lZLlYxa72s8PUcDTicdg

This is my folder structure in the torrent:
Root:Rockman.EXE/
[WPP]Rockman.EXE_the_Movie_-_Hikari_to_Yami_no_PROGRAM[0D3AC681].avi (This one's a file, not a folder)
Rockman.EXE
Rockman.EXE Axess
Rockman.EXE Stream Sub
Rockman.EXE Beast
Rockman.EXE Beast+ Sub
[EruPii-Raws] Rockman EXE Beast+ 10-bit
Ryuusei no Rockman/
Ryuusei no Rockman
Ryuusei no Rockman Tribe
Mega Man Star Force

first

Please god
Please let this be good
>inb4 megaman roman numeral ten collection

Hey man can I get a link to the reddit thread? I can't find it.

Don't get your hopes up

reddit.com/r/Megaman/

Here you go:
reddit.com/r/Megaman/comments/6yp9ov/rockmanexe_and_ryuusei_no_rockman_anime_complete/

>reddit.com/r/BattleNetwork/comments/6ypelk/rockmanexe_and_ryuusei_no_rockman_anime_full/

Captcha: DYKES STOP
I had a hearty laugh.

Welp looks like it got removed for some reason

Huh? I can still load those posts.

Welp, I knew it. I knew Reddit would end up being a fucking shithole.

At least you tried.

Are torrents against the rules or some shit there?

I fucking hate leviathan's anatomy.

I actually don't know. Sorry.

It might be because of how new your account is

What a shithole

Hey man I joined the discord to see if they would tell me why it was removed but no one answered me.

Thanks for trying

feelsbadman.
I'll still seed for as long as I can during the mornings

Any bit counts.

I've done it, anons, I got us a new Mega Man game

My bad, here it is

Aww shit, X9 incomming by based meme magic.

No. capcom will disappoint us yet again. Just like they did during the 35th anniversary. Metroid and Sonic are getting more love now than Mega Man ever will again.

Sonic totem confirmed it, user, and tell me how you saw into the future.

And yer, Sonic fans already are set that they'll hate Forces and Metroid fans already hate Samus Returns and Prime 4 due to Mercury Steam being involved, and not Retro.

What a bunch of ungrateful cunts.

They don't know true suffering.
At least they had a little FPS not!Monster Hunter to hold them over.

Being a MegaMan, Klonoa and Boktai fan gets you jackshit, except suffering.

I can't blame Metroid fans for not wanting any of Mercury Steam's shit. They already ruined Castlevania and proved they couldn't make a Metroidvania game for shit, they weren't supposed to get their hands on the other half of the equation too.

You'd think metroid fans would be the most understanding after a 25th anniversary with literally jack shit after two fucking terrible games.
Capcom's problem is that it doesn't seem to know what to do with Mega Man.

The situation is different.
Back the they had a madman in charge, And Konami having bullshit input .
This tine they're merely code monkeys with Nintendo directly calling the shots, just like it was with Retro when they made Prime 1.

Considering the game's trailers have all had hallmarks of their shit gameplay design I'm not buying it. A shit covered leopard can't change its spots.

I've seen the trailers, I don't get these "hallmarks" you speak of.
In itself is a remake of Metroid 2, it already has a strong foundation. Until Nintendo puts up a demo, we can't judge it until we play it and see how the gameplay actually is (tight like Zero Mission? Like Super? Or floaty like it's 2 original?). Otherwise it's not better than LC-kun's shitposting.

How do we save Mega Man from getting a shitty game?

The guarding and parries are done the same way as Mirror of Fate.

We make one ourselves

Yes, but that's the only thing. Everything else, the running, the jumping the wall-jumping seems straight off Zero Mission.
I stand by my position, the same position I held back in the day when everyone hated Wind Waker and Metroid Prime, I will not judge it until I get to try it myself.

He'd need to have a game to begin with.

so never make another megaman game again. got it.

I'd rather see Capcom try again.
Like, I'd love to see them do something as bold as they did with Battle Network, or an improvement over old foundations like X1.
There's still a lot of room for betterment.

Interesting. I feel MHX was our best shot at doing that and they blew it because nobody was actually buying games for PSP but the DS simply wasn't powerful enough for their game... Probably would have done better on a console.

How would you go about this? I'd try to revive MHX by starting with switch, PC and playstation ports and make sequels if they sell well enough.

MHX always felt weird for me, I write it off as the X8 engine/physics not working well with X1 level design but it might just be me.

Funny you say that about the DS, because the DS had the Yatterman games, which were the same as MHX, action sidescrollers with 3D models for the characters and enemies.

Don't get me wrong, there are good, even GREAT fangames and romhacks, but there's only so much one person/a small dev team can do.

If that's true then I'm wondering why they opted for PSP over the DS. Surely they didn't think Nintendo fanboys wouldn't buy their game?

>tfw no MMX remake on switch
I don't even have a switch I just want a new MMX game

>X8 engine
What? I haven't played X8 but I highly doubt it's the same engine. It felt pretty good to me, and I played the original as well.
As for no DS version, the 3DS is probably as powerful as a PSP, but Sony probably wouldn't allow that. They do tend to be dicks.

>I haven't played X8 but I highly doubt it's the same engine.
I agree, it feels tighter than X8.

Higher quality models than what the DS could do by comparison, being able to stuck good quality anime cutscenes, the whole OVA, the Powered Up demo... You know, that kinda stuff.

Makes sense but they still should have put that on playstation instead. Everyone was using their PSP as a mobile emulator machine instead of actually buying games for it. Which is a shame cause it had some nice exclusives.

It also led to the Vita to be crippled by Sony themselves, it hurt their sales. their attempt to avoid piracy killed the Vita, which is a shame, it's a nice piece of hardware.
Fuck those memory card prices though.

PSP and Vita were a mistake as was Maverick Hunter X being on those systems.

Maybe in some paralell universe Maverick Hunter X7 exists and it's a great game that fixed everything wrong with the original

In official interviews Inafune only ever said he wanted to make as far as X3

It's funny, a bunch of people call bullshit on the Capcom insider who leaked the fact the X Collection was crippled because of MHX, yet that was the only source that said they wanted to redo up to X6.

Nintendo may be calling the shots, but Mercury Steam can still make suggestions.
Sakamoto recently admitted that the Melee Counter which most fans seem to dislike was actually all Mercury Steam's idea.
As for myself, I'm a huge Metroid fan, but I'm going in with an open mind, just like I did with Prime.

I read the opposite, that he wanted to make it as far as X6. Hell, the reason the MMX Collection didnt had the promised new dub and retranslation was because Inafune said "Why bother? We'll make MHX up to X6, this is going to be a smashing success".

...Yeah.

To be fair, the melee counter doesn't seem like that much big of a deal, or a complete game breaker.
If anything, it seems to me like Twilight Princess' mortal draw.

Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up came out early in the PSP's lifetime when Sony and the developers backing it still thought it was gonna be the big contender on the block. Capcom actually gave it a lot of support early on. Darkstalkers, Ghosts'N Goblins, Monster Hunter, shitloads of arcade collections, and a fuckload of ports. Maverick Hunter X was supposed to be something much bigger than it ended up so it's no wonder they put it on the console that was supposed to be the next big thing.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

But in actual interviews with gaming outlets, Inafune only said he wanted to do up to X3. A lot of people were just saying anyone claiming that the X Collection was stripped because of MHX were full of shit, for a long while.

Don't doubt it might have been internal Capcom strife. The guy laid blame at Inafune's feet with no half words and he was only getting more and more promotions at the time.

Would it ever be possible to get a PC or switch port in the future?

We could do a character compendium like the FE fans did.

I'm not a wizard user, I can't read Capcom's mind, they don't operate on logic anymore.

Right now even your cell phone might run MHX on a PSP emulator and the game's visuals aren't appealing for the mainstream market anymore. I doubt a port is happening if they don't 'remaster' the graphics in some capacity.

>tfw my phone can't run PPSSPP, except very slowly.

tfw my phone can run ppsspp alright but the controls feel like ass due to the stick not having any feedback

Mega Bump

Jaoanese compendium. You wouldn't want tumblr to bastardize a character appearance.

I was talking about us, maybe /v/'s drawfags...

might be fun

Aah, I want to participate but I'm utter shit drawing.

Have you seen the Fire emblem one?
As long it's recognizible, I think it's ok.

No, I haven't. I thought you were talking about an official compendium

Meanwhile the idea of Udon ( or anyone else) doing an offical character compendium is neat, I was talking about a fan one.

Even though, now looking back, we don't have enough artist to pull that.

Question is, how many characters, major or minor, exist?

Well over 200. in classic alone. If you account for enemies.

A shitton.
Like, if we did the whole franchise, it would be a lot. If we did one subserie only, it's still a lot.

>tumblrnoses
>THE PROTOMEN epic XDDD references
yeah let's not and say we did

Honest question, why is tumblrnose a thing? I never understood why they do that red nose thing.

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.
They imagine themselves to be like Rudolph, that their own deformities will be just what everyone needs.
So this gets projected onto their characters in the form of red noses.

idiots who can't draw copied the subtle style of someone who could without getting any better, resulting in fucktarded looking noses

That's absolutely retarded.
Not gonna lie: I grew more on anime than american cartoons because I didn't had cable as a kid, so in head red nose=drunk. So I was like "why are all these drawings drunk?"

Like what said, people try to copy a style they don't have the ability to do and it gets all weird and ugly. It doesn't bug me too bad, but it always seems like they're sick or something.

Cultural differences

I don't like the coloring but damn, those lines look good.

Hard Man Bump

Agreed and thanks! Yeahhh I have no fundamentals on the colour theory at all

I think it looks pretty nice regardless, user! Just keep experimenting and play around with complimentary colours. Studying art or photos with palettes you like could help as well.

Does anyone have that "hard man eats the hell" image?

youtube.com/watch?v=XAt5-fL8USo

Look at this ugly shit!

Super Bumping Robot!
*nana na na~*
Mega Bump!

Thank you super fighting bump man.

I was wondering, Nobody has ever tried to redesign any megaman character?
Like, "I don't like how this character looks, here is how I believe he should be" kind of deal?
I have seen so many redesigns of other game characters but never megaman ones.

Neat, exactly what I'm looking for.

These were all done by the creator of Mega Man Sprite game. He posted the whole series on her patreon and is slowly releasing them on her tumblr blog.

Here's more you might like from the same artist. imgur.com/a/hAKCX

I went and looked for that.
I liked Burstman redesign the best.

I personally like Flash Man, Aircon Man and Burst Man.