Big piece of shit or biggest piece of shit?

Big piece of shit or biggest piece of shit?

Not even 85k miles and the tranny has gone out THREE times, the radiotior has been replaced, the heater core gone out, and the water pump needed replacing.

Dodge is worse than chevy. Chevy has cheap parts.

Attached: 1995_dodge_ram_pickup_1500-pic-64109-640x480.jpg (640x480, 129K)

all trucks are road cancer. Unless you're hauling shit so fat people at wal-mart can buy it, or shit you're going to throw at animals, you don't deserve a truck. Stay off the fucking road

Dodge trucks are utter shit and have kept food on my table for years

t. Mechanic

>Transmission has failed on multiple occasions

user, it's time to find different transmission shop. The RH-RE transmission may be terrible, but it isn't need to be rebuilt 3 times in a short lifespan terrible.

Either its being abused or the transmission shop is hiring incompetent employees.

>not buying a best gen ram with the neigh unbreakable np435 4speed
ishygddt

Attached: 20171216_235046.jpg (2912x2076, 3.5M)

All Dodge trucks look like they were slapped together from stuff from the leftover parts bin. I've never liked the front end look.

I don't like GM/Chevy neither these days, but I kinda liked them back in the 90s and late 80s. So I guess I'd buy a Ford...hear those newer F-Series like to rust out early tho along the rockers.

Heh, I'm from a different country but I've been saying the same thing about Nissan trucks for years.

Old boss had 2 replaced, and on the second time, the mechanic said for whatever reason there wasn't a cooler for the transmission. Had one installed and its been fine for a few years now.

Toyota seems to be the best truck maker around right now.

But I think the f series Fords follow closely behind. Especially in terms of value since they come up much more frequently on the used market.

"My dad has a chevy so I like chevy"

Let's just go with all vehicle brands are shit. There's no vehicle on this planet good enough for the automotive expertise of /o

this is unironically me

I worked at a Yoda dealership when the latest Tundra came out. I really liked it. I can see why it hasn't changed much since then, good design.

I still remember the ad campaign for it. Didn't they almost drive one off a cliff?

>t. cuckbox driver

My dodge has broken down the least of all my cars.

>Old boss had 2 replaced

So it's a former work truck. Was is pulling an overloaded trailer or plowing snow before you owned it?

Never buy a used commercially driven truck

Might be time to find a better mechanic. My 97 ram has 330k and runs like a champ. My next truck will be a ram.
I like the Duramax
Avoid the powerstroke like cancer

If it had a transmission cooler like it should have, the issue would have never happened.

My Dakota R/T was fine. I swapped out the 5.2l for the 5.9l with the 5 speed and everything was golden from there.

Attached: FB_IMG_1521908150236.jpg (720x960, 101K)

the trans is failing because you’re beating the piss out of it. everyone knows this gen of dodge trucks are absolute shit in every way. My father had one for years and guess what? It never had a single problem because it was babied, i’m talking never taken above 2k rpm babied.

treat your shit better

My thousand dollar 80s chevy 1500 was my first vehicle and daily driver for two years, and I actually used it for truck stuff doing work for a rental company involving yard work and occasionally construction demolition and clean up when an apartment needed to be striped down to exposed walls and floors.

It needed like two oil changes and three bulbs replaced and one new radiator cap & flush.

My dad has a 97 5.9 gasser with 420k original miles lol. The only trans replacement was at about 150k. Still runs like a dream but the steering is a shit just like every 2nd gen

Other than the transmission, it's had a new AC kit installed probably 8 years ago and upper/lower ball joints around the same time and all shocks but that's it.

I genuinely think it's a unicorn and we somehow got lucky with a good Dodge Ram.

He just had his 3rd gen 5.9 Cummins stolen with 535k miles, transmission changed right at 400k. 1st to 2nd change was pretty brutal when it was on its way out. That truck got a combined 27 to 28 mpg highway since it was a 2wd and had a camper shell.

Attached: 20180320_134743-1.jpg (2981x1677, 747K)

DUDE

Friend had one exactly like that, base model 2wd with a manual transmission. He ended up getting 320k miles out of it with no issues before he hit a deer and decided to get rid of it.

>those miles

*laughs mockingly*

Attached: 300k goin strong.jpg (800x600, 36K)

>drive a dodge
>blows trannies

expected

why would you buy one of these when everybody knows they're piles of shit?

I bought mine 5 years ago and it only had 40k miles on it (99 ram 1500). In the last 45k miles, everything has fallen apart on it.

>Muh cummins

I know so many people who are like that.
Dad drove a brand X truck so brand Y is shit.

Dodge is shit for reliability.
Chevy is the most consistent. In terms of reliability vs performance imo.
Ford likes to experiment so their truck generations are either godmachines or meh at best. 90's f150 is god but the pre-02 f250s are meh. The 4.6 trucks exist but are ehhhhhhhh in terms of reliability and power.

Why did Chevy stop making the S-10? Why did ford quit making the Ranger?

Why did Toyota stop making the Tacoma

Don't freak out in me, I know the Tacoma is still in production. But it's huge! The Tacoma took over for the tundra and the tundra became a full size truck.

The days of capable little trucks have gone. It makes me sad in a way

>there wasn't a cooler for the transmission
what the fuck

>Why did Chevy stop making the S-10
it was shit
>Why did ford quit making the Ranger
it was too good

t. Fiat owner

>or meh at best.
You mean total utter shit? The 6.0 haunts people to this day. The 6.4 wasn't great either.

Basically all the early 2000's trucks where unreliable deathtraps.
All the three are far better built nowadays, as long as you dont buy the super low trim base models.

My dad has one of these exact same 1500 V8 4x4. Heard all kinds of shit from everyone when he bought it because of trans issues.

Currently has 370k miles on the original transmission. Turned it into a wood truck after he got a new one couple years back. Still runs (like shit) but it still runs.

neat

Attached: 1sip.png (1904x1680, 661K)

this to be completely desu

>All the three are far better built nowadays, as long as you dont buy the super low trim base models.
Not getting seat warmers and a larger display screen makes the truck's build quality go down?

>Why did ford quit making the Ranger?
Couldn't pass crash regulations.

So ugly tho

Top trim levels come with actual fucking suspension, and on the higher trims you get air ride shocks so the trucks are actually drive able.

Attached: 1509653205331.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

N1

>least of all my cars.
You mean your Jeep Liberty and Chrysler Town and Country?

Chevy>Ford>Dodge

So it wasn't the truck's fault and you're just shitposting?

>Chevy better at being anything but a roadside lawn ornament

The new Rams have aisin trans which are pretty good. All the new American trucks are great if you can get them deleted. That year ram have the worst tranny. Put a nv4500 and you won't have anymore problems or get a built auto trans.

I'm thinking of getting a Dodge Dakota, how fucked am I?

Pre 02 F-250s are the best you tard. 7.3 is highly sought after

nice Cdge Ram

chevys dont shit out their spark plugs and their transmissions work so i dont know what you are talking about

2wd manual cummins 12v is good.
the rest are shit

Chevy>Dodge>Ford

Attached: how-trucks-look-lifted-dodge-chevm-ford-27754802.png (500x472, 157K)

ford>chevy

dodge isn't even compared because they're such shit

I like the 3rd gen+ ram 2500, anything older than that isn't worth owning even if it does have a cummins

Dodge has gotten better since 2010.
Still haven't proven themselves to be as good as GM or Ford but they're actually trying these days.

>looking at trucks to buy
>look up the maintenance history of a slightly used chevy colorado
>mfw this piece of shit has FIFTY fucking maintenance records all for recalls or broken shit, and doesn't even have 40k miles

Attached: 2389172349821.png (256x256, 78K)