/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fBd1MeeMshA?t=5s
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430228
np.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3b84ag/new_xebra_playstation_1_emulator_is_released/cskp2ug/?context=8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what did Byuu mean by this?

Another thread, we did it!!!

Third for Byuu did nothing wrong and Rypheca is my tranny waifu.

Means that even with hacks these games will not work on Snes9x because of how the emulator is written, like why Jax & Daxter eyeballs will never be shown on PCSX2 because of how shitty it is

>like why Jax & Daxter eyeballs will never be shown on PCSX2 because of how shitty it is

uhh, that problem was already fixed with recent builds, have you been living under a rock?

I bet that faggot doesn't even emulate and just comes here for shitposting

00:00 < mooch> i made an irc channel for my new pc emulator
00:00 < mooch> #tietokone on freenode

whens samus

I Think that the question should be:"When Citra will be good?"

It's easy to mix up the threads, but I believe youre post belongs in

i like seeing when other people have the same threads open as me.

How do we save dolphin?

Add more delicious tranny devs.

Not even joking, that's how I imagine Byuu to look like.

Not him but the wiki is never updated

Is the bsnes-mercury core better than the regular bsnes core? I noticed both are based on the same version of bsnes (0.94) but mercury has some features added, looks like a no brainer to use mercury but maybe I'm missing something.

>reading the wiki

> looks like a no brainer to use mercury but maybe I'm missing something.
Nope you're not missing anything.

It was in the op

Just because this board insists on having an emulation thread up at all times doesn't mean you should expect the users to.
It's normal to come and go.

Looks like a dude

>we arrancar cosplay now

Whoa. You nerds actually managed to convince one to not only move over to reddit, but to also kill itself? Impressive.
I mean, I usually hate your drama, but that's quite productive.

Looking through that archived thread, some dude said we'd never get WiiU emulation because of it. It's nice to see that proven wrong. Even if it is money fuelled.

Cute as fuck

I don't understand why games run better on PPSSPP while they run slower on desmume, the psp games I'm trying to play have better graphics than the ds ones and yet they still run better.

PPSSPP is literally black magic.

Different systems, different emulators, different games. You've literally zero ways to make a fair comparison like this. On a personal note: Desmume is a piece of shit

Do you have the jit turned on in DeSmuME? It's slow as molasses without it.

PSVita emulator when? I need to play those weeb games.

No more crazy mouse sensibility? I'm in!
That's the only thing I strongly dislike of ZSnes.

You can't be wrong about something that you personally think is good.
He'd be wrong if he said something like "it is the best SNES Emulator ever!" or something though.

Bullshit aside, it works perfectly fine so I don't personally see what problem everyone over here is screaming about, nor I care about starting a discussion about it. To each his own.
I bet if someone actually decides to write a proper answer to this, it'll be an autistic "HURR DURR THIS PIXEL OR THIS SOUND DOESNT PLAY CORRECTLY WHICH RUINS MY WHOLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!" though.

>I Think that the question should be: "Why do you think Citra will ever be good?"
Fixed that for you.

As someone said in the previous thread: "Apples to Oranges, user"

NDS has 2 CPUs, 2 2D engines (one for each screen) and a 3D engine that all draw simultaneously.

It's called "RPCS3".

Jokes aside, yes, but not so Soon ™

Any N64 emulators for android that have a 16:9/aspect override option? This Chromebook runs this emu like a champ, but a little 16:9 goes a long way in certain games.

I'd think it would depend on your video plugin, but I've never used an Android N64 emulator.

>No more crazy mouse sensibility? I'm in!
>That's the only thing I strongly dislike of ZSnes.
That was a very helpful feature back in the DOS days. Mouse movement back then was always slow as hell as well as retarded. Both due to hardware and software, balls and drivers. Nowadays movement is absolutely glorious, long as it's 1:1, no acceleration or snapping. So ZSNES's shit sucks. But it really wasn't always that way.

>You can't be wrong about something that you personally think is good.
That applies to the thumb in ears image, sure, but not >188592902
>ZSNES hasn't had any significant bugs or sound issues since the original release of ZSNESW
Which is not true at all. I must also say that Snes9x is not a piece of shit. It was almost always ahead of ZSNES in some way. And blows it out of the water nowadays in every way besides pure speed.

i think GLideN64 does, but you'll prolly need to use gameshark codes for it to look nice. only some games have said codes.

>That applies to the thumb in ears image, sure, but not >188592902
Which is why I quoted the post that I quoted.

I've no doubts that ZSnes is a pos and there's better options nowadays, but again, to each his own. If it works (and it does), I really don't see anything wrong with people wanting to use it.

bump

Is there any libretro shader out there that mimicks this exact effect (minus the screwed-up perspective), full with the color aberration, RF signal interference, the works?

youtu.be/fBd1MeeMshA?t=5s

You disgust me

Doesn't Retroarch get thousands a month from Patreon? Where is that money going?

totally not dead, right? And the fucking nutjob that runs it will flip his shit if you say otherwise.

drugs and hookers

It takes time to work on something meaningful, not everyone just commits random shit all day every day to a public repo.

Where does the money for Cemu go?

Does RA mame not support 7zip'd roms?

I just wish patreon money was going somewhere where it would do some good. Like to a new PS2 emulation project.

No, you have to commit every day else a project is dead.

Not directly related but slightly indirectly related.
Soon, there might be no need to ever touch Okami in PCSX2, Dolphin or RPCS3.
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430228

Getting Zelda to run better than the console.

Neat. RPCS3 was already mostly good enough but won't say no to a proper port especially since it can bring 60fps this time around.

How does one use x360ce with RetroArch?

Been trying to mimic a 360 pad so I can actually get force feedback on my gamepad, because apparently RA only supports that on xinput controllers. However it ain't working at all.

It's been a while since I've done this, how do you get uncensored metal slug on FBAlpha in RA? The current mame core also crashes when trying to run this game.

Question: for N64 emulation, is it worth investing in a Threadripper or Ryzen considering there is now that multithreaded AL plugin?

Or is it still worth just going with a 6 core Intel chip?

Never mind it's in soft dipswitches.

Get a mid or even low range Ryzen or (Threadripper if you have money to burn) but a high end motherboard and then do a drop in upgrade to Zen 2 when it comes. 5Ghz 7mm node powered by IBM nazi science plus AMD would have picked all the low hanging fruit to improve IPC. It's gonna be good.

You'll notice it's actually been 10 days. Even PCSX2 doesn't take breaks that long. This is nearing ePSXe levels of dead.

When autists fight, the angels cry.

np.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3b84ag/new_xebra_playstation_1_emulator_is_released/cskp2ug/?context=8

>It's gonna be good
Do NEVER buy based on what it "could be" or "you think it'll be", specially when it comes to AMD.
Also never fucking suggest anyone to buy a product you don't know anything about.

>No more crazy mouse sensibility? I'm in!
>That's the only thing I strongly dislike of ZSnes.
It happens because everything gui-related in ZSNES has to fit in a 256x224 bitmap. So if you have a screen/window bigger than that ZSNES scales everything, including the mouse movement so that it fits in the videobuffer.

Even if it's a bust having a current Ryzen is not a waste.

Also to make what you want work in my port I'll have to make some tradeoffs like making the cursor shadow look weird when compared to ZSNES.

ZSNES video buffer doesnt have an alpha channel, it's RGB565 code doesn't look right to me and to make things worse it's drawing code is palette-based. Shadowing is implelemented literally by checking the target pixel value, see pic.

MAME's UI needs a modern overhaul.

>Byuu did nothing wrong

He's a criminal who should die in prison

What did he do?

Explain me the deal with Byuu, does he just like shota or does he also like real kids

Besides being an out and proud pedophile?

I think he roleplays as a shota

That's it?

Is emulation code art?

Is modifying someone else's emulator code like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa?

>Is modifying someone else's emulator code like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa?
That would imply you're actually destroying the original, which you're not and probably can't even if you wanted.

Get a better gamepad.

I have a g3258 OC'd to 4.3. Cemu still lags in botw for me. I know that its only dual core but cemu is a single core emulator. How are people achieving 60fps in Botw when clocked at like 4.5 when I can only get 20fps on the plateau. Is the plateau just a bad area.

Hey...I'm poor. Can anyone buy me drastic ds as gift or share the codes so I can I buy it? V(^_^)

Im probably pretty retarded but im having trouble running or rather booting up DeS on RPCS3, i got the game from psndl, when i try to boot it up i simply get pic related and it wont load up the game, what do?

Have you tried turning it on and off?

WOW WHAT A JOKER, MAN UR SHO FANNEH YOU SHOULD BE A FUCKING COMEDIAN

Thank you I try very hard

I think thats why you turn out like huge faggot, because you try to hard, now my problem will be eventually solved, but you being a faggot? Thats a different story...

@188662196
Joke's on you I'm not the guy that replied to you first

Get bamboozled son

>l-look at how n-not mad i am!
Surest sign that someone is actually pissed.

Ahhhh fuck XD

I was at first but considering how stupid one can be to be trying to look like a smartass in here of all places is actually laughable, again i can solve my problem one way or another, but them stopping being this much of an idiot is sadly inreversable.

My posts, all made by me.

Nice try.

Hello shit font rendering user, how have you been my friend?

Playing vidya and shitposting while my neighbors panic over irma.

Nice.

>Continue experimenting with Citra, Rorona 3DS
>Her atelier runs smooth
>The town runs like fucking ass on both Citra and the 3DS, even with the overclock
I know the Vita had similar problems and that's to be expected, but fucking hell. How do you fuck up a Chibi/Nendo game performance-wise on the 3DS?

Jesus Christ.

>playing 3ds rorona
It's like you love eating shit.

It would be neat to do a ZSNES-style GUI with one of those immediate mode toolkits like Nuklear or imgui. Too bad I don't know how to actually code...

Lights are disconnected from their sources in Up your arsenal for some reason. Anyone know why?

Ugh, wiki spam..