Audi appreciation thread

I unironically love Audis, super easy to tune, extremely reliable post 2012, Top Line luxury, and they cover of variety of price tiers.

A3s need not apply

Pic related is a front grill modification I am doing to my car on Tuesday.

Inb4 high schoolers and people who drive around in $5,000 used cars who don't know anything about cars outside of their Civics and beaten down Subarus post ironic Volkswagen pictures and green text

Attached: 81XLao8RsIL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x800, 295K)

I’m a bmw guy myself but the ttrs is fucking sweet

Attached: 721B1B3E-2CE5-4253-A4C5-1CEC4B51DF0E.jpg (980x420, 94K)

they're ok.
but for the money not really worth it since bmw and benz exist.

I rented one over Turo a while back that car was exhilarating. Bone stock it's incredibly fast so much fun to drive.

BMW is more Driving Experience oriented
Mercedes is more luxury feature oriented
Audi is a great combination of both

Assuming you're comparing models in the same price bracket. That's my understanding at least.

So I think there's room for all three

audi's are just VW's with a body kit.

They aren't really known to be as "fun" to drive as the equivalent bmw or amg car, but I am considering an s5 or tts because of the awd and confidence inspiring handling

Oh yeah. Light, fast, awd and tight suspension plus that crackling inline 5, I would totally buy one if I had the money. Not to mention the interior is really tasteful.

Audi is also better at making cars designed for harsh winters, I have to admit. They never rust and quattro is the standard for awd systems

>literally an overpriced volkswagen
>hangs engine OVER the front axle
and yet they're still shit to work on

Fun fact Audi guarantees their cars will not rust for up to 10 years. Even if it's gone through three different owners for different states has 200,000 miles if it's under 10 years old and it's showing rust bring it into an Audi dealership

Attached: IMG_7571_zpslnrzbekx.jpg (600x800, 157K)

>Working on your own car

Just because you're a poor fag doesn't mean Audis are bad

good to know

Anyone have experience with b8.5 s4's? I've read a few reviews and have watches some vids and so far everything seems pretty good. Considering getting one.

stale memes

No issues 2013 and up

I'm getting a 2003 tt roadster off a family friend for super cheap in 2 months. He's taken good care of it so not super worried about its condition.

Never driven Audi before, mainly Toyota and ford. What am I in for lads?

Something more premium.

Wear a diaper when you first take it out

nice, looking at the pics he sent the build quality seems to be really good

they're only 1.8L right? are they that fast?

Used to drive a mr2 turbo and thought that was fairly nippy

0 - 60 stock is likely around 6 seconds so its not super fast or anything, but throw in a stage 1 ecu tune for ~450$ and you can get a decent bump in power. There might be a stage 2 option if you want to add another ~750$ to that price for a high flow downpipe.

Add one or both of the above mods and I dont see how this thing wouldnt be fast as fuck. Considering its 14 years old, even stock its pretty impressive.

With this kind of car the main fun factor comes from its ability to corner and manuever.

Would love to daily a b8 s4
Had a b5 a4 which was a fantastic daily! Moved onto a miata but you really can't compare the two

Give it another year or two for them to come down in price. Im still seeing most b8 s4s at 22 - 28k at around 100k miles..

>audi appreciation thread
>everybody posting newer cars
Nobody cares about old school Audis anymore, pre-2000 was the golden age IMO

Attached: 72308CCE-55C8-4B25-A3EF-D0FBA40903AA.jpg (720x520, 110K)

the only audi i'd be even tangentially interested in, and it's mostly for the engine format.

yea i've opened up to audis recently its probably the only german car id consider

Exactly my thoughts too, the I5 sounds great and makes good power. It also seems to handle well according to reviewers.

thats because most of aut/o/tragic is american and they get ass blasted in terms of experiencing old german cars