Do you like Renault?

Do you like Renault?

Attached: Renault-R5-Turbo-8.jpg (1600x900, 225K)

No. I only like Peugeot for their shitboxes which are actually good

I wish we had Renault and Citroen in NA so I could get a Megane RS or something, hate how we have like two choices in new hot hatches.

You don’t want those.

Why not?
All we really have here are the Focus, Fiesta, GTI, and Abarth, the French ones seem really neat but we don’t get any.

They dont do anything special or better than their competitors. They only manage to be cheaper than most Japanese and German counterparts.
I mean I had a 206 as my first and it’s exactly what you want from a shitbox but that’s it really

>German cars do something extra

Yeah, they're proven to not (?) harm monkeys.

Yes, but they are overpriced. They should be 2 k less, and stop at 25k (except sporties obviously), because they ain't no good luxury. Clios, twingo, alpine sexy af

I have a Megane RS 2016 and it is pretty nice. A bit stiff for a daily driver, but I don't mind. At least it makes me notice every little dent in the road so I can avoid it next time.
The car handles very good and has plenty of power, but the interior is average (2016 was a facelift of the previous model, so it was a bit dated even in 2016). Some plastics are cheap (but still quite good compared to some cheap shit I've seen), others are average. This isn't a luxury car and it shows, but I don't give two shits about luxury, so it's OK.
Compared to other hot hatches like the Golf GTI, Peugeot 308 GTi, Ford Focus ST (or RS) it is more stiff and less daily driver oriented. The Honda type R is something similar to it, but it costs 1/3 more and looks a bit daft.

tl;dr: Renault Sport shitboxes are pretty nice. Good value for your money if you want to brap on the touge.

Attached: 1488612424330.jpg (1600x1200, 128K)

>I wish we had Renault in NA
You had them you fucking burger. Remember AMC Alliance? It was a Renault you piece of shit. If you cunts didn't refuse to buy Renault they would still be there.

I had twingo and loved it
Friend has 3rd gen Laguna diesel and likes it. steering rear wheels in those are nice and unique feature.
They're good cars for the money

Not as much as Citroen or Peugeot, but yes I do.

YOU FAG STOP POSTING FRENCH CARS ARE YOU GAY OR SOMETHING? FRENCH CARS SUCK BECAUSE THEY ARE FRENCH BUY GERMAAAN

Not sure if you're actually baiting or denouncing this cliché (literally the reason why there are no RWD french cars anymore)
>why would I buy french ? I'm rich enough for an Audi/BMW/Mercedes

Attached: your post.jpg (756x1100, 113K)

>tfw french manufacturers themselves fell for this meme and gave up both high-end and RWD

Attached: 505-ti-03.jpg (1024x768, 68K)

>3rd gen Laguna diesel
They are superb and very reliable. Considering how god awful and broken the 2nd gen was they're one of the best value used cars you can get

Renault-Nissan is literally the most cucked manufacturer in the world
>50 different small SUVs
>no halo models like luxury sedans or sportscars
>blandest interiors
>i4 engines only
>CVTs everywhere
>if AWD it's Haldex shit
>don't even get me started on twizy

Ok I'll go complain that my parents didn't do their part to bring French cars to the us

Be sure to blame them extra for making the 505 coupe project bomb. All because they were dumb retards who refused to buy 505s because they were popular as taxis and they wanted to be special snowflake rather than buying an actual great car.

Attached: 505-US-02.jpg (755x1004, 700K)

PSA didn't absolutely gave up high-end, but Renault is absolutely cucked.
When the Talisman was released, many people liked it and begged for a RS version with a twin-turbo V6 similar to the Safrane Bi-turbo.
Renault said there will only be I4s under the Renault badge.
The "S-edition" Talisman with the 1.8 TCe is going to be detuned at 225 hp, where in the Nu-Alpine it "should" make 300 hp.

FWD high-end sedans are a meme. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Even worse when they refuse to put out any interesting engine under the name Renault to somehow make up for the 80s where they plastered Renault on the Alpines.

Clio and Mégane RS ? The Talisman ? The incoming Alpine ? The 370Z and the GT-R ?

They are slowing uncucking themselves. Now they need to understand that you need more than i4s.

but the Megane RS has been the best or around the best hatch for the last 8+ years

I really don't understand the group policy.

Renault produces the hot hatches, but also SUVs and Crossovers now (who should be Nissan's domain) ; Nissan has the RWD Sport cars, but also little electric cars like the Leaf and the Micra ; and Infinity is supposed to be the luxury brand, but Renault is now attempting something with the Talisman ?

>clio, megane rs, alpine
>150hp i4
>sportscars

>talisman
>vw passat tier car
>luxury

Nice joke bro.

>370Z
Has been around for 10 years now, shows the attention they're paying to it.

>GT-R
The only one worth noting, and alive purely because of >muh heritage Japs

>PSA didn't absolutely gave up high-end
They absolutely did. Their current top of the line model is DS7, which is at most a rival for Audi Q5 or BMW X3 in low level trim (I mean its BEST engine is 1.6L I4), and nowhere near the coolness or sophistication of C6 or XM.

yes. i have a megane rs and it’s nice.

clio rs is 200 and 220 hp, megane rs is 280 and 300 hp. the alpine looks good.

Yeah they do some nice stuff.

Attached: renault-sandero-rs-galeria-externa-traseira-lateral.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jpg (1500x843, 92K)

I LOVE RENAULT

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 39K)

>talisman
>luxury
Dudes. You got memed by bullshit salesmen. Talisman is just ordinary laguna replacement. Nothing more. A car for middle class debtpayers and company car sales reps. Same as mondeo or insignia.

Fuck yes. Renault is best car. Fuck other cars. Good bells Renault Clio II1.2 8v. Best car ever

That's a strange looking dacia duster. Why does it wear the Renault badge?

megane go vroom vroom

Attached: 9nc86tb3e7gd.jpg (1280x853, 174K)

Brazil, argentina and probably on others countries Renault almost don't seel actual renault vehicles but yes dacia vehicles, this might be one of these counties.

Attached: 1734614_1_w.jpg (940x475, 64K)

I like most faguette cars pre 2000

Yeah, their shitboxes are good. I like Peugeot more though

Depends on the trim level. The "S-edition" Talisman (if it is what they say) looks like it belongs under the Infinity badge.

It really looks like there are still Renault/Dacia and Nissan/Infinity, and no real group policy.
>inb4 VAG
Porsche isn't used on electric cuckmobiles, and there are no VW sports car (inb4 GTI : you've perfectly understood what I mean).
Audi is basically VW on a higher trim level and Quattro technology available. Skoda could be ditched, but as with Seat it looks like they profit of brand loyalty. When VAG does basically the same car, people tend to prefer the Skoda version.

There's this guy who shows up to cars and coffee with a Renault 5 Turbo 2

I want it so bad, it's my favorite car when it shows up

I like the older Renault Alpines, especially the A110
of course you gotta love the Twingo for the memes

I like how the Megane RS is the most coupe like looking of all the hot hatches.

Attached: renault-soyboy.jpg (1260x812, 247K)

>Skoda could be ditched
Skoda gives you the most car for your money (in VW group) and with the most reliable technology (because they get it at last).

They are doing what VW should be doing: Giving working cars for not much money to normal people.

We agree. VW should be Skoda, and Skoda has no reason to exist.
But you may have a point. I wasn't aware VW technologies were slightly improved before being put in Skodas. And they have to test it before on VW. They should do it the other way around, instead of giving the core brand a bad rep.

I mostly like old Renault cars. But in that case Peugeot is better because they have better old cars. 306 cabriolet is a babe of a shitbox.

NANI?!

Attached: Infiniti-Project-Black-S-front-three-quarters.jpg (2048x1360, 2.02M)

in all seriousness, i like renault because i like diversity on the roads. i live in germany and i cherish every non-major german brand i see. it's fun to watch all these cars on the streets and i don't give a fuck about going all autistic and spergy over their reliability or build quality or whatever else.

renault is fine, i like the brazen huge ass badge on their new models. their 90s/2000s lineup was comfy as fuck, the espace MPV was great. some of their oddities like the vel satis, the wind, or the avantime stretched it a bit too far maybe.

Late 90s early 00s Renaultsport cars are excellent funboxes.

Also R5 Turbo 2s are now six figure cars with all original parts and paint.

>t. ex-172 PH1 owner

Autistic screeching is not an argument, you microcephalic

Audi gets new tech first after them VW.

When Skoda gets it its years old and the issues are known/fixed.

renaultsport shitboxes are absolute hoonboxes desu
im planning to get megane rs by this autumn