/digi/ Digimon General

Baited Edition
Previous thread: =Hacker's Memory News=
>Hacker's Memory Pre-order Bonus and Cover art
withthewill.net/threads/18211-Japanese-Hacker-s-Memory-Cover-Art-Cast-Pre-Order-Bonus-DLC-amp-Limited-Edition-Info
>Territory Battles, Quests & New Characters
gematsu.com/2017/06/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-introduces-territory-battle-quests-latest-characters
>Domination Battles
withthewill.net/threads/17660
>Interview with producer Kazumasa Habu
withthewill.net/threads/17634
>Digimon Story Cybersleuth: Hacker's Memory Trailer
youtu.be/QdroyF26SMo

=Anime News=
>tri. part 5 NEW PV
twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/891861902040514560
>tri. stage play PV
youtu.be/watch?v=MASXaPVnBsU

=Toy News=
>20th Anniversary V-Pet details
withthewill.net/threads/16945

=Resources=
>Cyber Sleuth Digilinks
pastebin.com/zwdfyvu8
>Digimon Linkz English Guide
digilinkz.kongbakpao.com/
>Digimon World Guides
pastebin.com/W0ZgHnXJ
>Discord link
discord.gg/urBVbKa

=Downloads=
>Next 0rder OST [320 mp3]
mega.nz/#!7U9F3Txb!JeuUBX1myA14eX7yaJOsUj4yewXB6Xl5cEouOfIpOdw
>World 1 OST [192 mp3]
mega.nz/#!mAFSGJRQ!jqLdrMZ5mP6pEWw0J9ti6_aZ8HSOOx5DM1imFcotKkI

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_syrJdqmxFfcaqT44e3LPnf7EHzR3FhV-9cxkdDrRwoqbJg/viewform
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
exhentai.org/g/1110477/d11a38c8aa/
hitomi.la/galleries/1110477.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Baited... just like all the fujos who were baited into watching appmon with the fagship that would never happen

Why does Yuujin need to shower if he's a robot

Just a reminder to vote on the vgl9 friendlies poll
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_syrJdqmxFfcaqT44e3LPnf7EHzR3FhV-9cxkdDrRwoqbJg/viewform
I'll close the poll sunday at 0:00 am (UTC)

We got a match with /vitagen/ confirmed, and we can play one more match. Any other general you want to see /digi/ playing against?
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_9_Friendlies

I think most fujos are not that stupid and think there fag bullshit had a chance. Most are still shock that YoI happened, but are still on their guard.
Takari shippers however cannot stop letting Toei baiting their dumbasses. And we will all bask in their delicious tears when it is revealed not to be canon again.

That shit will never not make me laugh.

Every other goggle protagonist (including Masaru), minus Daisuke and Tagiru who bent the plot to their will, was able to hold their own as the main protagonist.
Fucking Haru is pathetic. Even now Rei is uniting the group, not to mention there is the possibility that Yuujin has betrayed Leviathan and is also taking the initiative.

>Intentionally starving monsters under my aid so they evolve a specific way
I am become Ouja

leomon

>Is Haru just an object of surveillance to Yuujin? Or did he really feel friendship towards him? He is an object of surveillance. The first order that Yuujin received from Leviathan was "Gain Haru's trust." I believe that Leviathan wanted to control Haru by making Yuujin his best friend. As for the other question, if I answer that, it will be a complete spoiler
>if I answer that, it will be a complete spoiler

We already know what the fuck is going to happen. Fuck off already with this spoiler shit. A shit ton of people guessed Yuujin was a robot, the same will be true for the end of YJ14. This isn't like FMA where only /x/ tier fuckers guessed correctly that Selim Bradley was Pride.

>Haru somehow managed to get demoted in his own show
That's because characters like Haru don't make good protagonists. I don't know what they were smoking when they designed him.

Well to be fair, he could have grown to become a good protagonist.
I did not really like Takato at first. That changed when the kids went to the Digital World.

However, the biggest problem with Haru was that he was always stuck playing second fiddle to Yuujin and Rei.
At worst, Takato was an equal to Jian and Ruki, never inferior.

Takato still was different from Haru. Takato still had his empathy for other people. He tried to connect with the rest of the team even when they didn't like it, that's why he managed to make a cohesive team.
Haru barely gave a fuck about others not named Yuujin, so no wonder the rest of the team is prone to left him alone, even when he is the supposed protagonist.

user let's be real.
I'm pretty sure Taichi, Takato, or Taiki would have broken down if it was reveal that Koushiro, Jian, or Akari were evil robots designed by the villains.
The worst any of them saw was their mons or others mons be killed. (Which Haru saw as well).

Seriously what the fuck is going on. Is Savers having an anniversery or something?

rize bout to cap a nigga

Almost all the protagonists fought against their friends in some way, at some moment, but they never broke the same way Haru did.

Is Eri the best girl?

Did that doujin ever get released?

Thanks for the missing the point.
The reason why Haru broke is because the person he knew as his best friend was a complete lie.

Taichi didn't break because he knew Yamato was just losing it because of his personal demons.
Daisuke never experienced that.
Takato was never that close to Impmon. So moot point.
Takuya, I don't think ever fought Koiji.
Masaru is the shining exemption, because he is fucking MasaruDaimon, the ultimate manly digimon. Also, him and Thoma's relationship wasn't the greatest to begin with.
Taiki and Kiriha's beef was the same shit as Taichi and Yamato
I didn't watch Hunters and never plan to.

does anyone here own any Digimon action figures

I pre-ordered both of the new transforming ones

I wanted to get them but ended up buying the SH Figuarts Wargreymon instead

I own the Magnamon and BlackWarGreymon transformable figures, Metal Greymon and WereGarurumon skater figurines, an Omegamon, D-arts WarGreymon and the SHFiguarts Omegamon

I'm ashamed to admit that Hacker's Memory caused me to order both NX figures. I'm eagerly awaiting Dukemon.

Do you guys think the other Royal Knights will get NX figures, like HM seems to imply?

Only if the current ones sell enough
I hope not. I never asked for them to put resources into chibi figures, especially not of the royal knights. If they're going to do dumb shit like that, I want them to start making Terriermon plushes again

Royal Knights NX figures = Namco realizing non-mascotmons can sell = a more diverse lineup of Digimon figures.

It can only lead to good things, and some of these guys have never gotten merch

Royal Knights basically are the series mascots given how they're spammed in every fucking entry. They even managed to fit Omegamon into Xros Wars ffs

Certainly, there are some which never got much attention (Gankoomon, Examon), but showing Bandai that the same shit that always sells still sells isn't proof to them that shit they haven't tried will sell. Particularly when it comes to shit in one format being transferred to another. Buying NX figures will probably only get them to make more NX figures, which I'm not interested in in the first place. This is a company that plays it ultra safe, hence why they make like 50 new Gundam figures a year

>Royal Knights basically are the series mascots
Stopped reading right there

I would buy Gankoo/Examon plush desu senpai.

What is this face trying to convey?

I'm new to digimpn and want to know why the royal knights get so much hate. I think they're really cool.

>V-Tamer
Ulforce is the protagonist's partner, Omegamon is another partner

>Adventure
Taichi and Yamato's partners become Omegamon in the movies

>02
Daisuke's V-mon becomes Magnamon during the show, again in a movie, and Imperialdramon Paladin mode in another movie

>Tamers
Dukemon is the protagonist's partner

>X-Evolution
The protagonist becomes Alphamon, his friend/guardian is Dukemon/Dukemon X, and he fights with Omegamon and Magnamon during the movie

>Chronicle
Protagonist's partner is Alphamon, Omegamon X and Dukemon X are villains

>D-Cyber
Alphamon is the protagonists partner, other X versions of the RKs show up

>Frontier
Dynasmon and Lord Knightmon are prominent villains

>Savers
Includes all Royal Knights up to that point and creates new ones, includes them as a prominent antagonist turned hero group

>Xros Wars
Omega Shoutmon is born out of Omegamon's power, Examon is a Digimemory

>Xros Wars Hunters
Previous partner RKs return

>Xros Wars manga
RKs are prominent allies of the protagonists

>Tri
Jesmon and Alphamon show up for a fight, and of course, Omegamon still exists

So out of all the various anime and manga, the only ones that don't include the RKs are the original Adventure, which still has them as part of the overall continuity, NEXT and Appmon, the latter of which categorically excludes them. And that's not even getting into the video games

Collectively, I can't think of a better group to serve as the series mascots.

So do you just not know what the word mascot means then?

Dictionary.com says
>an animal, person, or thing adopted by a group as its representative symbol

If you're implying that's something other than the Royal Knights, I'd like to know what, because even Agumon doesn't headline as much as they collectively do

The mascot is Agumon, he is the Pikachu of Digimon. The Royal Knights are the equivalent of the Legendary Pokemons.

>because even Agumon doesn't headline as much as they collectively do
Are you fucking mental?

Agumon might be called the mascot of Adventure and Savers, but for the franchise as a whole? No way. It doesn't even appear in many of the things I've listed other than as a background element, many of the V-pets don't include it, many of the merchandise lines also don't include it (including the one that started this discussion, the NX figures), but you'd be much harder pressed to find anything in Digimon that isn't in some way connected to the RKs.

And given the often apocalyptic nature of Digimon conflicts, I'd say the RKs are more representative of what the series is about than Agumon is regardless.

At least the set did.
exhentai.org/g/1110477/d11a38c8aa/

Meant to quote this.

>Agumon might be called the mascot of Adventure and Savers, but for the franchise as a whole? No way

This is fucking bait

A mascot doesn't need to be everywhere like what Pokemon did with Pikachu to be a mascot, it just needs to be one of the first things the average person thinks of when they hear the name Digimon.

I'm sure if you go ask your mother to name a Digimon, the most likely one you'd get is Agumon, not any of the RKs.

>sadpanda
Is it on a not shit website somewhere

Going by the definition above, it's the company that decides what the mascot is, not the general public

Agumon is obviously more well-known due to Adventure being the most popular entry, but to me that seems almost in spite of Bandai's attempts to familiarize people with other Digimon. Guys like Habu couldn't make this clearer in their interviews talking about how they want to use Digimon that aren't as well known

This is WtW levels of nitpicky bullshit

Maybe, but you can't deny that's how Bandai treats the series, which is part of what makes it so much more interesting than other monster-based series to me.

They keep trying new things and changing the way things operate and they don't have one omnipresent familiar face for the public to latch onto in every entry and everything just tries to be its own thing.

It doesn't always turn out good, but it is always fascinating to follow

Eri fucked by Oujamon when?

Yep. Still nitpicky bullshit with no basis in reality

Not my problem you can't enter. Anyways, here is another link.
hitomi.la/galleries/1110477.html

Didn't ex get neutered after fakku found out about it anyway?

But Agumon (or one of his evos) has been in the cover of almost 80% of all the games released. He and his line are the defacto mascots of the franchise.

Maybe he is from there.

Sorta, although a lot of content got deleted, some h-manga are available if you press the option to see expunged galleries, so it's not all lost. There's always nyaa or sanic, they've got whole packs of manga from fakku by the load. But still, people from time to time upload fakku books anyway, so it's not like things really do change.

>or one of his evos
Since Omegamon (and some of the other RKs) can evolve from Agumon and its various lines, that's probably not helpful to mention if we're trying to make a distinction

>yfw Gatchmon decides to teach Haru a lesson and makes Yuujin into human, but as a human that is a huge prick that borders on wife beater
>Haru doesn't care and still loves Yuujin

>and some of the other RKs
Only Omegamon, and WarGreymon is way more popular. Same reason they used it in Appmon.

Zeromaru's child form is an Agumon, in case you forgot

Anyway, didn't Habu say in a recent interview that Nips consistently picked Omegamon as their favorite Digimon?

And poketards like that fat lizard doesn't mean Pikachu isn't the mascot.

I should be the mascot

Agreed.

>I didn't watch Hunters and never plan to.
Hunters actually has the biggest betrayal on the franchise, where it turns out one of the partner digimons was the big bad all along, without any kind of redemption, but this being Hunters they don't do anything interesting with it. His human partner breaks down but nobody really gives a shit about him and them he just stands with everyone holding it's egg on the final group shot

Only in V-Tamer, everywhere else it's a Veemon evo.

Agumon also evolves into V-dramon in two of the v-pets and one of the card games

In addition, there are instances of Metal Greymon evolving into Dukemon as well as Dynasmon, and other instances of Rize Greymon evolving into Examon (happening in CS, ffs)

>Ryouma will never get Astamon back

Nene and Yuu would probably have qualified if some retard in the writing team didnt decide to shelve Nene for the Death Generals arc and let Taiki solve all the problems.

Its not really hate. Most people just think, they´re kinda overused and want some of the other groups to take some prominence.

Nene was already shelved. The only thing that changed about her from the first half to the second was her personality. I can't recall a single thing she did in the first half. At least the second let her do things with Mervamon

The only people that hate the Royal Knights are Olymposfags.

I think people just keep getting upset that they not only keep using the RKs, they keep using the same ones in the same ways

Omegamon and Dukemon usually get most of the spotlight, and are also usually the ones that are the most sympathetic and heroic. Lord Knightmon, Dynasmon and Duftmon almost always show up as villains committed to Yggdrasil.

Rest are usually forgotten unless it's a story about X-antibodies in which case you know Alphamon is inevitably going to set everyone straight.

Savers was nice because it focused on Sleipmon and Craniummon as the two more heroic ones, and unlike something like V-tamer, it did it specifically within the context of the Royal Knights as an in-universe group. Helps that they have my favorite designs of the whole group apart from Gankoomon

some one call a mechanic I think Haru just broke.

Holy shit, he is pathetic. Like below Daisuke pathetic.
Fujoshits need to get better taste.
Katsura incest is best gay ship.

JUST

Ask Gatchmon, he is Google incarnate.

>yfw wanted Rei to be the protagonist
>yfw we got our wish at the expense of Cucked Haru

Can't say I'm not happy, just surprised.

Just how good was Yuujin's penis to make him experience withdrawal of that magnitude?

I will bomb the offices of Toei if this Yuujin is not some hallucination.

>Undercover agent for DK
>Consistently wrecked both Taiki and Kiriha with Sparrowmon and DK
>the Lucemon incident
>Yuri bait with Akari
>Saved Taikis ass from Tactimon
>Intel gather expert

I´d say she did enough in the first part. Second part could easily have given her more to do with yuu taking central stage but Noooo, lets give her fanservice mon and let Taiki deal with HER kidnapped brother.

Xros Manga was probably the most fun, since pretty much all the "evil" knights (and Ulforce) were Taikis main support in the final battles.

Jesus Christ, I think I´m gonna take back what I said about the suffering chart in the previous thread. The kid needs a fucking therapist almost as much as Juri.

This is what happens when your surveillance intentionally cultivates codependency feelings in their target, then abruptly end it.

Poor Gatchmon, he didn't deserve to have a faggot as a partner.

I want to hold hands with Leomon desu senpai.

saved

Honestly, Gatchmon is more of a Protag at the moment then Haru is. I mean he was the one who called to fight Leviathan, he is still around and quietly tolerates Harus shit, while being his only emotional support at the moment, and he is the one that is willing to fight to the end against the main threat. I mean they had something similiar with Taiki and Shoutmon, but there the intended story wasnt "Lets show how this kid becomes a real hero/protagonist" but "This Digimon wants to take over the world, and the kid uses his smarts to help him while trying to get home". At this point Yuujín, Gatchmon and Rei are kinda more suited as Protags. Hell even Eri and Astra have more of a resolve to fight then he does. The saddest thing is that he was actually doing very well until around the midpoint. The Globemon debut was amazing, but after that Haru kinda got kicked to the background.

Christ. I half expect him to try chocking himself to death just like juri did near the end of tamers.

>Taiki and Shoutmon
Yeah, but I could say they had more in common than Haru and Gatchmon. Besides Haru is not even a moral support this time, Gatchmon is basically alone in this mess.

Pretty much. I mostly made the comparisson because it also was a "hotblooded digimon, quieter partner" team. Except whereas Taiki was competent, Haru...is not. He was trying and in earlier episodes he was definetly more book smart and had his moments, but Yuujin and Rei ended up overshadowing him big time.

Haru is an embarrassment to this franchise's goggleheads.

Even Daisuke and Tagiru weren't this bad, and that's saying a lot.

>Tagiru
Lets not go that far

No he's right.
Tagiru wasn't fujobait at least.

Haru isn't a gary stu, which is more annoying.

Tagiru was the worst of the worst. The only good thing about him was his theme song

Given the name of the card that was on, Rize's losin

>Daisuke and Tagiru
Nah, I still think Haru is better than both. The problem is, he suffered a serious downgrade. You can call that a growth as a character, but doing it at the very end, and in the situation it happened, looked pretty lame.

I'd rather a non Fujobait Gary Stu than a Fujobait anything.
Fujos are legit a factor in why the anime industry is dying.

But fujos are the ones keeping this industry moving. I don't even know why they have so many money, they are like the furries of Japan.

No they're stagnating it. Making it so nothing changes except making series that don't pan to them do so

bump

bamp