Why is the Camaro roughly $5k more than the Mustang? Looking at buying a Camaro or Mustang in the next couple months...

Why is the Camaro roughly $5k more than the Mustang? Looking at buying a Camaro or Mustang in the next couple months, and would like to know if there's any significant reason for the pretty large price difference.

Attached: boss 302.jpg (961x631, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es
youtube.com/watch?v=rTJPDurLEKw
youtube.com/watch?v=pdQ3VTczVaY
youtube.com/watch?v=D87tO7VUs2I
fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they sell more Mustangs because they're more popular cars because they're nicer and perform better.

The price difference isn't really justified when you consider the absolute shit-tier quality of modern GM products.

It's an economy of scale, and considering the poorfag niggers at GM already went bankrupt once, it's no wonder they raise the price on already overpriced shitboxes like the fugly Camaro.

Don't be a faggot OP, only faggots buy Camaros.

*cue the insurmountable assrage from GM cuckbois*

Attached: mckaylamaroney.jpg (1200x1498, 177K)

economy of scale

mustang has been in production for +50 years, and has almost always had ample funding to develop and improve stuff

gm spends all their money on marketing trucks and developing the corvette, there's very little left over for a blindspot on wheels like the camaro

unlike ford they don't sell 8 billion trucks a year to fund the rest of the company, so all of their shit costs more - it's why you pay twice as much for a GMC truck than you do for a comparable Ford, even though the GMC is half as reliable

this will trigger fangirls lmaooo

The Camaro does have 55 more ft-lbs of torque though, and the automatic rev matching is pretty nice for daily driving.

>perform better.
LOL
no.

>buys a manual "muscle car"
>brags about muh rev matching

Just buy the auto you fucking cuck.

um sweetie, I don't need you to start benchracing, let's keep the shitposting to a minimum

not my fault GM makes a pigfat slowbox piece of shitcar with no visibility

Attached: 1446921309981.jpg (1262x662, 165K)

You get what you pay for.
The Camaro has a better suspension, better handling, a better/lighter chassis, arguably a better engine, and undeniably better transmissions.
The 4 cylinder and V6 Camaros use the same 6 speed manual transmission as the Mustang GT350/GT350R. The V8 Camaros use much stronger transmissions.

The Camaro, mechanically, is much better built, and much better performing as a result.

Attached: 1ll2222.jpg (1200x628, 296K)

>Why is the Camaro roughly $5k more than the Mustang? Looking at buying a Camaro or Mustang in the next couple months, and would like to know if there's any significant reason for the pretty large price difference.

Because the Camaro is better.
A last gen SS 1LE is still faster than the newly refreshed Mustang GT with Performance Pack.
The current gen regular SS also is faster, which is less than the Mustang GT with performance pack.

The Alpha platform is superior. The LS platform is superior. Tremec transmission is superior. The Camaro is a little more but it is better.

related:
youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es

This one compares the recently redesigned Mustang against the OLD Camaro.
youtube.com/watch?v=rTJPDurLEKw

GM fangirl defense force is out in full swing. That didn't take too long.

the camaro performs better in every possible metric and has more options standard AND has a better interior

Attached: courtneyforcenhrareporterturn2017camarozl1burnoutintohotblondestunt_1.jpg (1366x620, 68K)

not hearing any legitimate defense against the Camaro's superior performance.

Ironically enough I am also considering the 17' automatics because like I said, this will be my daily driver. Anyone know if the 8-speed with the paddles is any good? I'm sure its better than the old Mustang 6 speed auto with no paddles.

Because the mustang is just a chick car meant to look pretty but ford fanboys are delusional as fuck
The Gt350R, top of the line mustang with the 5.2slow, TIED with a camaro SS.

Attached: 97F6A872-0815-41FF-B5FF-EBE391C79481.jpg (1300x731, 120K)

>any GM interior
>good
>ever

you sir, have shit taste

Attached: how was babby formed.png (560x555, 406K)

let's get some opinions on this, because honestly I can't even see how it's close

the Ford looks 10x better, hands down

Attached: CAMARO interior.jpg (640x480, 40K)

Attached: MUSTANG interior.jpg (1280x782, 138K)

Attached: Mustang-vs-Camaro-interior-1.png (700x340, 295K)

Car of the year awards don't lie.

Attached: 1395847641528.gif (500x281, 658K)

I like the dash of the Mustang more, but I've heard those Camaro seats are ridiculously comfy.

>Because they sell more Mustangs because they're more popular cars
no. Camaro has outsold the Mustang every year since 2010.
youtube.com/watch?v=pdQ3VTczVaY

>bad shoop
A minivan with $100k in bespoke upgrades barely beats a bog stock Camaro SS (if you believe their bullshit at all).

>This one compares the recently redesigned Mustang against the OLD Camaro.
This is the video that got me to buy my '15 1LE
Randy Pobst is my car salesman
Pic related: My '15 1LE

>I am also considering the 17' automatics
Don't. You'd be giving up the glorious Tremec TR6060

>GM interior
If you are a luxury faggit buy a luxury car. You gotta spend 5x as much as a Camaro 1LE to get a luxury car to match it.

Attached: Camaro Angeles Crest HWY 20160221.jpg (1886x962, 709K)

>If you are a luxury faggit buy a luxury car. You gotta spend 5x as much as a Camaro 1LE to get a luxury car to match it.
not quite, but it's a LOT more money to match what the Camaro can.
youtube.com/watch?v=D87tO7VUs2I

I paid 38k for my 46k MSRP Camaro two weeks ago. Could have probably negotiated even further too.

Attached: 20180314_161043.jpg (4032x3024, 3.44M)

Just personal preference at that point. Camaro interior is minimalist, Mustang interior is not. They make them different to attract a larger demographic. Personally I prefer the interior of the Camaro.

The current Comaro is actually based on the Australian Holden Commodores and was designed by Holden. It is the slowest body shape of the car but around any track with turns is significantly faster than the mustang due to much more advanced handling

The mustang isn't really a performance car, it's an economy car at the base model

That's a BMW M vs a regular Camaro SS, and it still comes up short.
BMW doesn't make a car that can hang with the 1LE

And now it's worth $29K

:^)

In 5 years it'll be worth $12K

:^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)

>the slowest body shape of the car
says the wind tunnel...

Mustang (base model) is an entry level performance car, just like the Camaro.

>BMW doesn't make a car that can hang with the 1LE
Well, there's the M4 GTS, but that's like $125k

>Well, there's the M4 GTS, but that's like $125k
The M4 GTS is a piece of shit. It can't hang with a SS 1LE. It's slower.
fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988

The old '15 1LE (my car) is as fast as a M4 GTS

Camaro interior looks a lot more simple and comfortable. Mustang doesn't really do it for me. Looks like it was designed with a straightedge because "hurr lines and angles are manly, and I'm a manly man, so I need a manly interior for my manliness"

Camaro interior looks like it was imported from a Chevy Cruze.

Meanwhile, Mustang interior looks boutique to the car, not some trash port-over from their shitboxes like the Fiesta.

It appears GM fangirls have shit taste.

Attached: kharris.jpg (2048x1366, 260K)

>Mustang interior looks boutique to the car
>Mustang interior looks boutique
>interior looks boutique
>looks boutique
>boutique

Boutique; noun

>of or denoting a small specialized producer or business

It doesn't look like mass-produced dogshit. Subtle touches like the toggle switches amplify this fact.

Unlike the Mustang, which has its own iconic logo, GM resorts to just writing "CAMARO" in the middle of the steering wheel like some fucking insecure chink brand.

Attached: mfw spengbab.png (670x539, 521K)

>driving Camaro
>hand on shifter where it should be
>hot day
>AC constantly blowing directly onto your knuckles
>hand so cold it's numb
>keep missing shifts, stalling, grinding gears because can't feel hand
>suddenly a semi comes barreling into your lane, guardrail to your right
>only chance to survive is to accelerate past it before it hits you
>can't because fingers numb
>fucking die

Checkmate atheists.

there is nothing boutique about a mustang
But if you are going to brand fag over bits and bobbles, you're either gay or a girl.

Said the ferd fan fag...

samefag

coyote responds to mods better

>coyote responds to mods better
how much are you willing to spend?

You can cam swap a Camaro under the shade tree in your front yard in an afternoon for only a couple hundred bucks.

>hand on the shifter
Enjoy wearing out your transmission retard

>opening a GM engine
>and expecting it to work properly afterwards

consequences will never be the same

GM products are factory trash made for redneck bubbas boomers who are just going to drive them on weekends, they aren't meant to be tinkered with

Mustang is the automotive Chad's choice; it's attractive, strong, floods pussies, and is internationally respected - unlike the Camaro, which sounds like some mexican slang term for a rimjob

>cam swap
*changes cam timing for all four cams with a tuner*
nothing personnel
the money for a cam is better spent buying a throttle body spacer and a cai

>Enjoy wearing out your transmission retard

can't tell if trolling or just stupid...

Attached: jimmy_yesdear.jpg (230x364, 33K)

>cai

holy shit the way some of you faggots blow money out your ass

no wonder the american economy is dogshit

Attached: laffff.gif (327x240, 1.97M)

yeah, probably should just go with a nicer throttle body spacer instead

>the money for a cam is better spent buying a throttle body spacer and a cai
holy shit

Camaro is a much more performance ready car out of the box
>better chassis
>better tires
>more power
>Better transmission
>better suspension

You basically need a performace packaged mustang just to get similar performance out of the gate from a base SS.

Fords biggest issue is they won't dump the 5.0 already. It's time for a new engine. IMO the 5.2 in the GT350 should have been the coyotes replacement for all GTs.

>>better tires

>buying a Mustang
>or a Camaro
>and not immediately replacing the shit factory tires with performance tires

Also, I like how GM fangirls keep telling us the car is better and yet the Mustang continues to out-sell the Camaro every year, and grows more in popularity every year. It's no wonder the literally every single Camaro ever made after 1969 was a complete fucking failure. Christ, they even had to discontinue it for a while, and now it's barely affordable to keep it in production.

>have a "muscle car"
>literally just a detuned, broken down Corvette with a body kit and Cruze parts

fucking le mayo

Attached: harjit sajjan.jpg (1180x664, 316K)

>It's time for a new engine

Attached: 1521152090787.png (811x628, 93K)

Except that most Mustangs are daily drivers.

DDing a FPC V8 isn't a great idea, they're not as reliable.

Ford has been using the same 5.0 for almost 8 years dude. Time to make some significant upgrades or drop a new engine in there.

>they're not as reliable

Attached: 15151.png (403x448, 150K)

>It's time for a new engine

Not an argument. You burgerclaps always say that when something is great AND has longevity. You spew the same nonsense about the 5.7L in the Tundras, yet it hauls fucking ass and goes over a million miles without a rebuild.

It works, and it gets tweaks and tunes every so often. The 4.0L V6 from Toyota is another good example - why replace it with something less reliable if it works so well? They put the new V6 in the Tacomas and they've had a shitload of problems, meanwhile FJs and 4Runners using the 4.0 are driving around with +400,000 miles.

The 5.0 Coyote is an excellent engine, the minute they start fucking around with shit just to be trendy memesters is the minute they become Chrysler with exploding 9 speed transmissions.

Attached: tundra TRD pro.jpg (2000x1000, 348K)

>went from 412hp to 460hp with the same exact engine
the new one must pack a beefy throttle body spacer

LS motor

pushGODS > DOHC

>continues to outsell
And yet the camaro is still a superior sports car in every single metric. Not even the Performance package 2 can keep up with a 1LE. Mustang gets completely btfo by the camaro.

>mustang outsells
>what is the absurd amount going towards fleets aka 35% of total mustangs meaning they barely put more mustangs in driveways compared to the new camaro

Attached: 1521153004716.png (736x527, 31K)

Why?

Explain why, using actual arguments.

>I've been using the same penis for my entire life.
>Time to make some significant changes and cut it off and call myself Charlene and ruin western civilization from the inside

Attached: how to save comedy.png (681x768, 578K)

>sports car

It's not a sports car, sweetie. The Corvette is a sports car. The Camaro is a poor attempt at a muscle car.

I love your attempt at moving goalposts and bending the truth too.

>muh fleet sales
>selling a car doesn't count if it's sold for anything other than individual weekend boomer drives to Arby's

Because the Camaro is faster. I'm a mustang fan, but the Camaro is a better pony car right now, and makes a lot more torque. 55 ft-lbs is nothing to brush off.

>camaro is not a sports car
>yet it out sports cars sports cars

Ford saying they literally can't compete: "Yet despite the obvious parallels with the Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE, Ford insists that the 2018 Mustang GT with Performance Pack 2 is not intended as a direct hot lap competitor to that performance-oriented pony car from the bow tie brand.

Instead, Ford says the Mustang GT Performance Pack 2 is about ensuring maximum driver satisfaction on curvy roads by optimizing grip and handling balance. It’s a package that’s been designed to “flatter the novice and reward the expert” – not go toe-to-toe with the Camaro SS 1LE at the track. If it’s a track toy, Ford says, you’re better off looking to the Shelby GT350/R Mustang."

>>Muh fleet sales
It's literally the only thing keeping ford ahead kek. Even the fucking challenger is catching up to Mustang sales.

Driving a Camaro is an unpleasant experience. The visibility is shit, it's like driving a moving van with 400hp. If you're doing anything other than driving in a perfectly straight line, your chances of hitting something are way too high. It's just un-enjoyable when you have to crane your head and constantly check blindspots like you're some spastic fuck behind the wheel.

Mustang is a better car overall, regardless of numbers. The sales show it - a free market dictates what is good and what is not based on sales. Whether it suits your personal TASTE is a different story entirely, but the Mustang is objectively an all-around better car. Camaro has too many shortcomings, especially on the reliability side. It doesn't even make sense because it's not like Ford hires BETTER niggers and mexicans to build theirs cars - they're all braindead unionized slugs.

Attached: benchracing.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Ford is a better company with strong Aryan roots.

Keep your GM shilling to a minimum, please.

>pushGODS > DOHC
I'm in agreement
DOHC is a mess of chains, cams, and bulk. The engines are physically enormous, and fuck up center of gravity.

The LS does just as well but with a fraction of the weight, cheaper to maintain, cheaper to upgrade.

>Somehow INB4 truck motor

>The Camaro is a poor attempt at a muscle car
While I agree that the Camaro doesn't fit the definition of a sports car, it's hands down the best car among the 3 brands in its market segment.

>Camaro is a better pony car right now, and makes a lot more torque. 55 ft-lbs is nothing to brush off.
Camaro weighs less than the Mustang also.

>you’re better off looking to the Shelby GT350/R Mustang
Enjoy the markup, lack of financing options, and insurance. Grand Sport Corvette is faster than a GT350R for the same price or less.

>Driving a Camaro is an unpleasant experience.
I've been dailying my Camaro for 3 years now. It takes a little getting used to but it's not as bad as you might think.

>DOHC is a mess of chains, cams, and bulk
This is why the coyote is so good

Attached: coyote_timing_chain.jpg (650x487, 67K)

GM shills are out in full force tonight.

Attached: jew stereotype2.png (353x402, 204K)

>never driven a camaro nor knows the story off how the camaro kept its tank like visibility
>what is a focus group that said they liked the way the car looks.
>all while he's rambling about free market
K E K

you don't even need to take the bumper off to change the cams. you can just take the valve covers and timing cover off and toss them in like you would a honda

Yes GM sure does love their """focus""" groups with their """real""" people don't they?

Attached: hicks.jpg (1024x791, 100K)

>shilling for a superior car
Its not shilling if its based on factual evidence unlike the holocaust Rabbi.

Attached: 1506805864443.jpg (548x634, 131K)

>plastic chain guides
>more than 1 chain
Fuckin' dropped

>ford builds an aluminum bed
>someone points out the pitfall of said beds
How does that somehow add to a focus group you fucktard? Do you know what a focus group is?

>those plastic guides
Im getting PTSD from my old BMW v8

consider yourself lucky

Attached: Audi_4.2_engine_timing_chain_audi_S4_timing_chain_replacement_2.jpg (902x600, 206K)

>Ford lowers weight on vehicles
>gets best fuel economy of any truck in segment
>but m-muh raw, untreated truck box
>can't take a directed hit from a fully loaded, 100lbs steel tool box with a sharp corner
>that wouldn't happen under any circumstance and would already have a bed liner/LINE-X to stop this from happening
>m-muh real people

The fundamental flaw in that commerical is that GM assumed Ford customers were as fucking retarded as GM customers. They're not. Ford buyers are essentially advanced chimps, whereas GM buyers are just niggers.

Attached: actors are not real people.jpg (800x600, 206K)

I like the Ford interior more and the visibility than the bunker camaro but the camaro is the better track performer depends what you want I would go with the mustang for DD also the camaro doesn't have have 50 lb-ft more than the mustang Jesus you guys suck at math and 350R isn't top trim

ford a shit

>some brautwurst sucker thought this was acceptable and a good idea

Attached: flacid audi dong.jpg (535x540, 158K)

This says nothing about the product you retard.
"Strong Aryan roots" is not a selling point. It just means you're a neo-nazi sympathizer like Henry Ford was.

Ford isn't that great of a company either. Every time they had something interesting to be competitive, the bean counters killed it.
Ford Killed a number of Corvette competitors because the bean counters didn't want to sell a 2 seat car. It's why The Thunderbird and Mustang projects went the routes they did.

In the 70s Ford refused to invest in FWD like the rest of the industry because Henry Ford II just wanted to continue selling oversized comfy RWD boats and it showed.
It took Ford over a decade to come up with a proper FWD competitor to the Chrysler minivan.
It took them 5- 6 years after their competitors to come up with a competitor for the FWD Chevy Citation, Chevy Celebrity and Dodge Aries.

The Mustang has NEVER outhandled the Camaro or the Firebird twin, even back in the 60's. Ford's 302 was even inferior to Chevy's 302.

And Ford has never really been class leading in anything.

Hell Ford almost went bankrupt BEFORE the economic downturn of 2008 in 2006. The literally could not survive in a healthy market without radical change.

Ford should have put a N/A version of the 5.8L Trinity motor in the 15+ Mustang. Now THAT would have been interesting.

I don't agree. What I think they should have done is redesign the coyote to be physically smaller.
Cuz here's a Chevy 6.2L LS3 on the left next to a 5.0L Coyote on the right.

Attached: 2015-12-21_22-37-23.jpg (2400x1600, 276K)

i really like the new camaro, but the mustang has 10 speed auto vs camaro's 7 speed but then they both bundle magneride with 20in rims so fk that, and at the same time challenger has hydraulic steering and since i drive bmw its the closet thing.
WAT DO Veeky Forums WAT DO?

>camaro's 7 speed

anyways, get the Camaro.

The autos would probably feel pretty similar. They're both pretty new and up to date, with the 10 speed being the newest.

The old mustang 6 speed automatic was seriously garbo tho

i know my friend had it, it didn't even have manual select back in 2011.
that 5.0+ first gear ratio \o/

> comparing sizes of a pushrod v8 to a dual over head cam v8

Attached: 1509753715204.png (785x820, 594K)

6r80s kick ass, 2013+ also had manual mode

>all these GM cuckolds

No LS runs 5's

remember that sissycucks

Attached: LS can't.jpg (720x720, 321K)

They shifted a little slow, and the lack of paddle shifters from 15-17' on the mustang is just poor engineering and carelessness from Ford. And I'm a Ford guy, who currently has a 6R80 w/ a 6.2l.

all 15-17 mustang had paddles, also the stock tune on auto mustang is very mild, an aftermarket tune really wakes up the engine and completely change the way the transmission shifts

>muh straight lines

rage more GM cuck

Attached: this will cause trigger.jpg (856x706, 194K)

I don't think Ford would ever do it, but could you imagine if they put the Raptor's Ecoboost (Ecobeast) in the GT?

>This is why the coyote is so good
>This
How else are you going to push a 5.0 to keep up with and or beat a 6.2L

The GT does use the Ecoboost from the Raptor you moron.