/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #922 - Bro what the hell is this Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1D0uPOdxjWO
twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/905999690474414080
youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk&spfreload=10
youtu.be/kDmsioyUMg0
youtu.be/ObI1JRz6lQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fast

>Hurricane Warning
WHO UP ON THIS SHIT?

First for uhh... I dunno? I enjoy the artstyle more than the story series.

First for SONIC MANIA HEROES PLS

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

>CAN'T HOLD ON MUCH LONGER!

a remastered version of 3&K will never be released, with extra zones taken, expanded and redesigned from other games and the multiplayer mode to provide alternatives routes.

/ourguy/

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF OUR ANONS IN DANGER OF THE HURRICANE

why do they remind me of each other so much

Friendly reminder that the usage of reddit symbols isn't necessary to show your excitement.

Here's an interesting topic.
Is Ian overrated or underrated?

I-is Super Sonic about to rape Amy?

does anyone have a higher resolution version of this image?

>I'm gonna have so much fun with you two tonight!...

>reddit symbols
Okay, that's a new one.

what is he doing

Thoughts on this Sally render?

I love cute crossovers

Overhead hammerfist swing in excitement followed by a thumbs up after returning to a standing posture.

I'd say he's rated fine. Many people know he's not perfect & has his fair share of boring or just outright bad stories. But when he gets it right, he's really good.

Cute

Is Boom Sonic supposed to be Sonic in his late teens/early twenties?

qt bunbun

He certainly acts more mature along with Tails and Amy and the cast seem taller but I don't think ages are stated anywhere

So, Irma's coming for my ass.

To give myself something to do, I wanna recreate a Sonic Zone Theme.

Someone give me a Zone's theme to remake. Preferably not one from Mania, that's a shitload of pressure.

I also remade the theme I posted yesterday. Gonna post the second rewrite when it's done rendering.

>currently no word on if Sega is fixing this version or just going to take the reputation hit
This is going to be a fun few months

Neat can't wait to see.

Do you want a classic/Genesis theme? Or can I suggest Rooftop Run or something.

Big companies are usually slow on this kind of stuff. I'd give it at least a full month from the pc release.

Fix what?

Classic preferrably, but I'd say probably nothing past the Dreamcast Era.

It'd be tricky to recreate the Modern Era themes with their orchestral features. I have limited samples and sounds to work with.

>Weather Channel: "Conditions will go downhill by Saturday
SATURDAY FUCKING WHEN?

I just hope the fact that they still are pushing the switch version and giving it a bonus edition means they are doing some work
Switch version of the game is busted as fuck based on what people played at E3 and Pax, 720p 30fps in both mods but will drop like a mother fucking undocked when more than 3 enemies are on screen, the texture quality takes a hit too, there is some AA but only during result screens which sucks

Metropolis Zone theme then maybe.

I wonder this every day.

What's the bit on the left mean?

Does Sonic have ADHD?

Feel free to do any or none of these, just throwing it out there
Digital Circuit
Rusty Ruins (Saturn)
Back in Time
Living in the City
Black Bed
Scrambled Egg Zone

Stay safe

A 3D transaction of what this pose is supposed to represent: Coolness, hipness and attitude.

HEYI'ILLPLAYWITHYOUSOMEOTHERTIME!

How many games was the name Rosy The Rascal used for Amy?

Sucks too because it seems like more devs are putting some effort into their ports like Xenoverse and RER2.
It would be super fucking cool for this to be a really good 3d handheld sonic

Casual pantyshot Amy is best Amy.

Why never Blaze a cute?

Monte Dorado Zone - Act 2 Ver.0.2 vocaroo.com/i/s1D0uPOdxjWO

Alrighty, working on it.

>Rusty Ruins (Saturn)
I was actually planning on doing this anyway. It's part of my "Mania Audio Sequel" Roadmap. Act 1 is the Genesis theme and Act 2 is the Saturn theme

>Back in Time
>Living in the City
I'd love to do these, but I'm waiting for getting a better mic since I wanna do the vocals myself.

And thanks.

I think 2? One was Fighters. I can't remember if R used it.

Only that one, and I think Sonic Drift.
On that note, I love this image.

I want Heavy Magician to vore me

Sunset Park Act 3. I'm confident you can do it justice.

Can translate user help Ian?
twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/905999690474414080

What I got out of google translate is just the end parts where it says returns

popgun was a mistake. fang's revolver should just be a fucking gun.

Heavy Magician is my girlfriend

He's 15, but he looks, acts, and talks older. The same thing applies with the rest of the Boom MCs.

So he's like an anime protagonist.

what does /sthg/ think about the song Look-a-like from the Sonic OVA?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk&spfreload=10

Not really sure how that makes someone an anime protagonist. If anything the agest for Sonic characters never mattered, Amy never seemed like a 12 year old.

It's not Land of Sky/Darkness but it's still pretty damn good. I've always wanted a good game with music like this and it's probably never going to happen.

>We live in the timeline where Sega was retarded enough to listen to the pieces of shits who never really liked the franchise all that much to begin with anyway, and started churning shit game after shit game since 2010, and it's gotten to the point where they're so fucking retarded, SO fucking retarded that they let dumbass fans take reign over a game, a shitty romhack made by hacks that couldn't make a fully original inspired game to save their lives as a good majority of it is rehashed shit we've seen before
Truly the worst timeline. I like to think in a parallel universe instead of Colors we got Adventure 3, instead of Generations we got Heroes 2, instead of Lost World we got Shadow the Hedgehog 2, instead of Boom we got Silver the Hedgehog, etc...

90s/10. I actually don't like the OVA that much. It seems like Sonic et al. were tacked onto a spare OVA plot the writers had lying around.

The OVA could've become its own series. But instead we got the first 2 episodes combined.

I don't even think about it anymore. It just makes me sad.

>Colors we got Adventure 3, instead of Generations we got Heroes 2, instead of Lost World we got Shadow the Hedgehog 2, instead of Boom we got Silver the Hedgehog
I laughed audibly

Have a YOU, ducklings. Spend it wisely.

>Instead of SA3, we got Colors
>Instead of Heroes 2, we got Generations
>Instead of Shadow 2, we got Lost World
>Instead of a Silver spin off, we got Mania
I mean, Lost World was bleh & sure, a Heroes sequel would be cool & another Adventure-style game could be fun if done right but in what world am I supposed to feel bad about the current Sonic timeline?

It's a parody, user. Please.

Just the usual "Why is Sega listening to 'the fans' instead of me?" whining. Everyone does it, just roll your eyes and move on.

Even sadder when you realize they usually blame the audience not the half baked game. Oh they didn't like 06? Must be the multiple characters.

I disagree with what he said about Mania. but the rest of his post had legitimate concerns. This franchise has so much squandered potential it's pathetic.

Honestly, I've seen so many people say this shit seriously it's hard to tell who's baiting & who's being honest.

Laugh all you want, cuck. Ignorance is bliss as they say. I guess it's better for you to live in a bubble and pretend like this franchise hasn't nosedived into mediocrity into a new low since 2010. People like to call the Sonic games of the last decade the dark ages but we really are going through one right now. No clear identity, shitty nostalgia pandering, the awful Boom spin-off, the terrible reputation the series has because the stupid fucking dumbass PR is just adding fuel to the fire with it's shit memes, etc..

Kind of overrated. Many people who like him are in part hopping the bandwagon just because Penders is infamous for sucking really badly, so Ian is "that guy who saved the comics and made them actually good" and is seen sort of like a messiah. Any long time readers acknowledge Ian's flaws though. He's not a perfect writer by any means but he knows how to carry a story and more importantly he actually understands what a Sonic is.

>Squandered potential
>Endless sequels and rehashes
In what universe is Shadow 2 wanted.

The universe where they didn't fuck up the execution.

The OVA is a blast, I just don't like Sara at all. Easily the single worst thing about it.

Why is SEGA pandering to THEIR nostalgia and not MY nostalgia? Fucking Classicfags ruining the series with their nostalgia goggles?

A new game that features Shadow could be pretty good, but it depends on how it plays and it's story/character development potential.

Has someone made a wojack that's withered past this point?

Sonic thr Hedgehog inspires me to work harder each day.

Also adventure 2 is based.

Life isnt bad as long as i can play sonic...

Can you sell fanfiction if youre an author thats respectable? Im an English major so my product woulf actually be quality.

Reminds me of canon fags being triggered by comics they don't read. look away.

>What I got out of google translate is just the end parts where it says returns
I got "Out but Returns" when I put it through google.

For some reason Metal Sonic's theme from Sonic 4 reminds me of that song. Is it just me?

youtu.be/kDmsioyUMg0

If that's the case why not just go
>We don't live in a timeline where they didn't fuck up 06 and Boom and other games

>No Mania version of Egg Garden

Funny thing is, Forces is the closest to Adventure era Sonic game than any Sonic game in the 2010s & people are still bitching about SEGA "ignoring" Adventure fans. If you fags want Adventure-era Sonic shit to come back, how about you let them know you like the return of a more serious tone in Sonic games, characters outside of the Sonic 1 cast doing something, etc.

They're saving Egg Garden for Mania 2.

Mania is not better than 3&K

youtu.be/ObI1JRz6lQU

>English Major
>Woulf.
You blew it.

>He's got a pinned tweet
>Some weirdo CEO has him and ABT roped into making an edutainment comic.
>With a kickstarter.
>For a measly $8000.
>And it's failing.

Christ.

I agree. But Mania 2 probably will be if it's not as restricted as Mania was.

Hey I finally found that Blaze & Rouge fanart I saw once and could never find again (until now)!

Sonic 4 Metal Sonic theme is the only salvageable music from 4

I wouldn't mind if they remixed it over stardust for once

>how about you let them know you like the return of a more serious tone in Sonic games, characters outside of the Sonic 1 cast doing something, etc.

And how do we let them know that, user?

Why do Christian sonicfriends get a bad reputation?

The flatter specimen fears the strong

That's a fair opinion to have, but 2nd place is good too.

A while back he was overrated but it's mellowed out to like what said where people's opinions have generally evened out

I think it is.

But if Taxman remakes 3&K with an optional mode that adds Mania sprites and drop dash, that'd be hard to top.

If Mania's story and cutscenes were taken as seriously as 3&K's it would have been

because le reLIEgion is cancer and christian funDIEs are destroying the lives of many Atheists.