/hg/ - Halo General

#344 - Late Summer Glow Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>SPV3 is now publicly available for free download on PC
- the entire Halo CE campaign re-imagined with new areas, enemies, and features
- Downloading is free and only requires a working version of Halo Custom Edition
mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/chasing-shadows

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9pHTAbzKsM
youtube.com/watch?v=4k20wuPPFm4
youtu.be/jNIGOpaYPoM
halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Halo3Announcement
youtube.com/watch?v=zmOoGucyMNg
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/battle-of-shadow-and-light-update-is-here
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's pretty comfy

Reminder to submit your GT, armor, and colors if you haven't already. I'm now accepting clips for consideration. It should be out sometime this month.

Post more wallpapers

K

I know it sucks, but having a shaved head doesn't necessarily make you look old. Just make sure you're super healthy.

Well I can't find anyone to go lifting with, and if I was healthy I doubt I'd be losing hair.
Halo.

He's a man on a mission

...and it was all going so well

What is the giant ship on the right?

>leaf has his real name public

That's not safe or smart

Why don't they just get married already

Quiet, SEBASTIAN

youtube.com/watch?v=e9pHTAbzKsM
tfw no barbie customisation

Unnecessary light bridge

Aesthetics, user

Please.... Ahhh... Agent Locke... Spare me.... Arrghh..

>xbox general died

I'm gonna be honest here. I did like the squad system in h5 but it could of been better. I also like Osiris team as well as blue team but they should of did a pre games that led up to h5 like something like reach or odst.

It was inevitable, Halo is the only franchise Xbox has worthy of long term discussion.

I didn't know you started a new Xbox general and beside not many people want to talk about the Xbox lore without halo.

For you. Gears and crackdown is starting to build their franchise. Hopefully with the comic of crackdown they can have a lore like something like halo and GTA combined.

youtube.com/watch?v=4k20wuPPFm4

>H5 is better than D2
How Bungie does it?
Is like all the guys from marathon and halo 1 2 3 are no more.

Fuck off, Lockeposter

F

Bungie announces Halo 3, the third and final game in the Halo Trilogy. Halo 3 will be released for Microsoft's Xbox 360 in 2007.

youtu.be/jNIGOpaYPoM

We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.

Graphically, the game follows closely in the tradition of Halo 2, although obviously upgraded to take advantage of the Xbox 360's more prodigious visual abilities. As art director Marcus Lehto explains, "It was intended to be an understated announce of Halo 3 - the tone is that of mystery and suspense – the calm before the storm. I wanted to make sure that we re-introduced the Chief, show that Earth is thoroughly conquered, with Covenant everywhere, and that there is a glorious, ancient artifact buried under the Earth’s crust which will provide H3 with the epic journey which we all want."

halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Halo3Announcement

That's great and all, but isn't "surprise" pushing it?
Everybody knew it was coming.

>tfw the day before Halo 3's tenth anniversary, 343 reveals there will be no playlist even

video games died in 2007.

50% of Americans had their real name, DOB, SSN, address, everything stolen yesterday. We're more fucked than he'll ever be.

>using a credit card
Debit ftw

Credit card info barely got breached, comparatively speaking. About 210,000 compared to the 143,000,000 cases of personal information. And you don't even have to have a credit card to have been nailed by this. Ever lived in a legal address? Ever held a job? Equifax gets its grubby fingers in your pie one way or another.

Play Destiny 2 guys
its good

Yes and no.
You can get someone's personal info these days if they've ever used google, but if he's never actually used equify and also doesn't have credit, chances are he didn't get exposed

Halo 4 marks the start of an epic new saga within the award-winning Halo universe. The Master Chief returns in this award-winning first-person shooter developed by 343 Industries. Shipwrecked on a mysterious world, faced with new enemies and deadly technology, the Chief returns to battle against an ancient evil bent on vengeance and annihilation...the universe will never be the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=zmOoGucyMNg

Spoilers for Halo The Thursday War (book) which heavily suggest/hint towards Halo 4
>Infinity represents more than half the UNSC's Fleet Budget
>The Elites Civil War used by ONI fleet as a test run for Infinity
>Infinity has all UNSC Forerunner technology
>Infinity is the most powerful warship since the Forerunner fleet
>Infinity has fast precise slipspace jumps
>Infinity has additional nuclear weapons

I doubt that.

b

Just armor lock

Embarrassing

>that body twitch at the end

>tfw no ringworld videogame

>comparing dev maps with a pre-release version of a Forge map

That's no excuse. It looks horrible. Saying "oh well it's supposed to look horrible" is not an adequate defense

>only 13 achievements
In case any more evidence was needed to not buy this game. They didn't even take the time to make a half decent achievement list.
Neo-Bungie confirmed for shoehorning in half assed content for profit.

You're right. We should compare it to 5's on-disc big team ma-ohhhhhh.

It's not an excuse, it's a legit reason. You can't compare a map made by a team of professional developers over the span of weeks or even months with map built by an inexperienced fan in a couple of days with a beta version of Forge.

Might as well not compare it anything right?

>Might as well not compare it anything right?
Halo 5 shouldn't get a free pass for not having big team maps. Not having any at all is worse than having a bad one.

Biggest red flag for me is pic related, two days after launch and they're still withholding the reviews for some reason. Very strange honestly, usually all games get dozens of reviews in the first couple of hours.

Then blame the game in general like everyone else, not the map/graphics or whatever itself. I don't know if that comparison pic is just weak bait or just pure ignorance.

>not allowed to compare different iterations of the same map because one is made of a different kind of blocks
user you might have autism

>comparing two things that aren't even on equal grounds

>not allowed to point out that two things aren't on equal ground to exemplify why the current production studio is bad

A fair and accurate comparison would be this, it's as simple that.

If I install Halo 5 right now, a map called Guillotine is installed.

I prefer less achievements tb2theh

And it was made in Forge, do i really need to point it out again?

It being made in forge doesn't disqualify it from being that game's officially-backed version of Headlong.

So according to your logic putting it in the custom games list negates the fact it wasn't made by official devs and wasn't made in forge like they previously acknowledged?

Whose ready for Halo 6 to get above a 8 on user review and cuck Bungie

>haven't played since BTB on release was garbage for H5
>BTB STILL HAS BR STARTS FOR SOME FUCKING REASON
>STILL HAS TINY SHIT MAPS THAT BLINDS ONE TEAM BECAUSE LOL MAP DESIGN

Are you fucking serious

I can't believe its been this long and they';re still hell bent on making BTB look like trash to push the stale garbage that is warzone.

I literally just said "officially-backed."
The game is in your custom maps by default and has been in matchmaking for two years. It's approved by the company as Halo 5's official iteration of Headlong.

Halo 3 had Forge-approved maps.
Halo Reach had Forge-approved maps.
Halo 4 had Forge-approved maps.
Halo 5 has Forge-approved maps.

This is nothing new. Since the beginning they announced that BTB maps would be fan-made in Forge and that continued when more Forge maps were added to the matchmaking playlist. Some of them are in the customs menu yes, but if inside your mind this fact makes you believe that it makes them official BTB dev maps, then i wonder who's the one with autism in this conversation.

When the only big team maos are forge made, they don't get a pass. That was a decision made by the dev. H5 big team maps look worse than games before them. You can try to spin it however yiu wabt, but that's a fact

I don't see how the others having fanmade, forge-approved maps somehow means that Guuillotine isn't the official version of Headlong in Halo 5.
The difference that you're ignoring is that the forge world maps in Reach and whatnot were always their own maps. What you're saying is basically that Asylum isn't Reach's version of Sanctuary, despite being forged, put into your maps, being touted by the devs, and being used in matchmaking.

It really doesn't matter, what matter is they look and play terribly and its incredibly frustrating when you've been playing BTB primarily since its inception. All for a fucking meme mode

This is a legit complaint, the community has told them over and over that BTB would work better with magnum starts, hell even the people who made the maps told them they built them with magnum-starts in mind and they still refuse to change it. Hopefully it will feel better after the rebalancing update.

Those games also had in-house dev maps as well.

I wasn't aware the grifball court in Halo 3 was meant to be Halo 2's version of Hang Em High.

The difference there is that Asylum, Cage, Hemorrhage, Paradiso ,etc. were all officially made by the developers with the Forge tool. Most of them even got the benefit of having custom built ground and terrain for them.

Again, i agree with that. My point is that the complaints should be directed towards the lack of official BTB made by the devs, not that a fanmade forge map doesn't look as good as the original dev map it's based on.

But they're made in Forge, user. And as you said here that's all that matters.

I guess I can agree with that

This post is either way too retarded or too smart for me. I don't even know how to respond.

>But they're made in Forge
...by devs, and with custom buil terrain with the game's engine, not an equal comparison. If Guillotine, Deadlock of Viking were made by 343 with forge and had a custom built terrain, rocks and all that, then we'd be talking about a fair comparison.

Its not fucking rocket appliances, I used to those stupid monthly surveys (if they even still do them) but its clear it was all hot air to pretend they're listen to the community so idiots jerk them off "oh my god all these content updates so great even though the most basic of problems have existed for two fucking years". At this point I refuse to believe its not intentional. I've wanted to enjoy this game since release but its pretty much impossible with BTB just being a pointless cluster fuck with everyone having power weapons from the get go. I don't give a shit about arena what so ever, the game play is good but I'm well past the days of giving a shit about it and Warzone is just stupid after you recognize the patterns of how games flow. Basically no variety outside what shiny new toy you want to fuck around with before you get ran over by a teammate in a scout hog.

Yes I'm mad, but mostly because the game play is easily some of the best in the franchise but it completely wastes it. I don't know a single person out of my group that started with H2 that stayed with the game after the first month because of these issues.

>...by devs,
That wasn't your argument, and this map had an update behind it with pictures, interviews, and everything.
Hell, a big complaint about forgehub has always been 343's favoritism towards those specific map makers that made the big team maps and how they're just unpaid employees.

>That wasn't your argument
Yes it is, look right here: >and this map had an update behind it...
And who made that visual update i wonder? I doubt it was 343.

>forgehub admins
>not "the" professional forgers
>they were contacted by the devs to make those maps BEFORE FORGE RELEASED to show off what forge can do
It's official, user.
>And who made that visual update i wonder? I doubt it was 343.
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/battle-of-shadow-and-light-update-is-here
Looks official to me. Was even announced before launch.

I see what you're saying, i fail to see how it makes your argument any better.
Those maps were made by fans, call them professional forgers, cartographers or whatever you like, at the end of the day they're just glorified fans like everyone else and 343 officially announcing the inclusion of those maps into matchmaking doesn't make them official dev maps.

>people given the tools before release after being specifically contacted by the devs to make those maps somehow didn't make official maps
I guess Bloodline isn't an official map.

Speaking of Paradiso, what a nice and comfy map it was. Sometimes i feel like i'm the only one who liked that map.

Well if they're people not hired by the official developer, officialy announced as community fans invited to test the Forge tool and build the BTB maps for the matchmaking playlist, then yeah i'll say it again, those are not official maps.

>I guess Bloodline isn't an official map.
Don't be ridiculous, i've been taking you seriously up until now.

Except they were hired by the developer, given the tools before release, made maps that come with the game, and are used in official modes.
And this applies to both Forgehub and Certain Affinity. Saying it only applies to one is double standards.