Hit and runs

Anyone have multiple hit and runs on their car? I'm on my third of a hit with no info and different locations. Two were bad one was just a bump.

Attached: Hits.jpg (1992x1300, 736K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGR8XWR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Someone smashed off my driver side mirror, so i went to the junkyard for a replacement in the same body color.
When I bought the car, the mirror didn't match the car color, so this wasn't even the first time it happened.

Comprehensive coverage usually covers this shit, albeit you have to pay your deductible.

Get a dash cam, at least you can catch the cunt.

You deserve it for choosing such a shit color

Stop parking near niggers and spics

My wife's civic had her rear bumper split in a parking lot right before we sold it.

My car has a number of scrapes, and a dented passenger side door. These are all from parking lots.

I've never let anyone hit me while I'm in the car. I've dodged a couple of close calls though.

Wow racist much

Just something to add which I found out recently. Your rates can't go up since it's not your fault that it happened. I never knew this, but maybe it's common knowledge.

oh no you said nigger

Attached: 1521520644460.jpg (399x400, 13K)

I ordered a cam tonight, front and back recording, should be here on Monday. Comprehensive costs way to much for the cars overall value. a years worth of coverage is nearly the value of the car. (03 SVT Focus)

amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGR8XWR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I reported the first one and saw my premium jump 150 on renewal, I'm 30 so it was fucking odd.

Attached: 1521393492166.jpg (790x818, 86K)

thats crazy abouts where do you live? and did you talk to your agent about the coverage going up? seems bs for that car and age. and thanks for the dashcam i'll look into it.

Dallas, the price hike may have been due to the floods that happened. but it happening right after my report to my insurance still bothered me.

my Toyota Crown has probably 5-6 hit n runs on it. bunch of door dents and scrapes. huge bumper scuff, and someone reversed into it blowing out the rear tail light and damaging the bumper. that time someone got their plate and they got charged for no insurance and hit n run

Attached: 17.jpg (640x360, 76K)

yeah the floods probably did it. but damn, 3 hit and runs? wheres that southern hospitality when u need it lole.
i know it sounds stupid and it is but maybe its an unlucky car. you might wanna get rid of it.

A lot of my friends and co-workers laugh about it being unlucky. With all the damage on it I'm just going to have fun with it now and buy parts that can transfer to another car if I want. bunch of my co-workers want me to just go full rally car with it.

Attached: 1521430561737.gif (480x270, 2.15M)

yeah but the thing is dude if its a unlucky car its not a joke. your next accident could be serious. i had an unlucky car and eventually got rear ended on the highway by chevy 3500..

well then I can at least get some money out of it. Between all the hits the cars value dropped from 3.5k to 1.

alright man i can't say i didn't warn ya.

Appreciate the warning. I post here often enough that if it happens you'll find out.

Another thing to note

If you don't have full coverage check if you live in a PARTIAL FAULT state. Someone can drive into you when their lane is ending, yes they're at fault, but their insurance will say you have a percentage of liability since you didn't get out of their way. It may be 20%, but it's an at fault claim against you.

With a dash cam you can show the accident was intentional. The $200 is nothing compared to what you lose in this sitation.

My dad tells me stories some times when he used to live in a really bad area filled with nigs. He said would just be out working on shit with the hood open and they would drive by slowly and knock shit off just to fuck with him

stop parking near other vehicles or road corners

i bought a 1.8k civic almost a year ago for commuting and in that time it's had the neighbor lady back into it somehow (knocked off the mirror and scuffed driver side door, $900 of damages, pocketed money and jb welded that shit back on), got rear-ended (got another 1100 + 400 because "muh neck"), and then finally some faggot backed into my rear driver side door and caved it the fuck in. The neighbor across the street is some old guy who goes hunting a lot and has tons of friends with huge trucks and shit. I bet he backed into it and won't own up to it, when I talked to him he fed me some bullshit about how it was maybe the paper delivery people even though it happened in the fucking afternoon. I've helped his ass several times in the past too because he's literally left his truck door open in the rain multiple times and forgotten about it.

if he did it or he's covering for one of his hunting buddies I can only hope he gets hit and ran too, though hopefully with medical bills instead of cosmetic shit.

I parked where the blue box is. Came out this morning and the rear of my car was pushed a foot over to the curb. I'm already the smallest car in the lot and take up the lest amount of space being a short hatchback by American standards. Both times(in those images) I was hit I my car was out of the way.

Attached: parking.jpg (1000x750, 63K)

You're obviously offended

Boy am I glad not to live in america

I did a hit and run once, I felt like a total piece of shit. I told myself it would just buff out because there was no dint and mostly in the clear coat. I think about it all of the time and I feel so guilty, especially knowing how upset I’d be if that happened to me. Karma swung back hard a few days later and fucked me up for about a year so... One other time I reversed into someone’s door and put a huge dint in it and due to my shame over it I left them a note note with all of my details saying how sorry I was. They text the next saying it was all good and I felt pretty undeserving of their niceness. One other time I was sitting in my car waiting for my sister and some lady doored it really hard, she made eye contact with me and then just drove off. I was such a depressed piece of shit I didn’t even care

>tl;dr I was shitty person, one person was a nice person, and another shitty person

Tbh. I moved to Australia from the US, and it happens WAY more in Aus than it does in the US, and I lived in Chicago, one of the major shitholes of the US.

Yeah OP, happens all the time. People are shit. I don't know what it is about Aussie drivers, but it's like they're programmed the be assholes. Had a 540i, I swear every day I found new damage on it from other people. People really seem to hate some cars, can only imagine what people with NICE new cars go through.

Got a car recently, 14 years old. Paint job was still in amazing shape. Park it one day, run in, come out, brand new big ass scratch down the passenger side rear door.

Had someone back into me in a parking lot one day as they were leaving. I was behind a car waiting to go and they didn't even look, just backed right into me. While I parked my car, they pulled back in, and all 4 of them ran into the Woolies to avoid me. Okay that time though. Somehow it fucked their car, but only scuffed mine.

I see people hit cars in parking lots all the time, and they get out and don't even glance at the car they hit. Just walk past like nothing happened. It's amazing how the vast vast majority of people are just absolute garbage.

Not on my current car but ya...and multiple break ins and one total which was a 1 car zero person accident. Dont let it get you down, just chalk it up to 'life happens'.

Ya i hit and run little blue cars like that all the time its my fetish.

Visited Montreal, must be a big city thing, so many cars had fucked up bumpers. From scuffed to cracked. Its always dicey parallel parking anywhere. As for parking lots, I have mostly parked farther away and walked more. Still get annoyed when out in the back, some shithead still parks beside me. As if they can't park into a yellow lined space without a vehicle next to them.

Aussies are just burger cunts driving on the wrong side of the road though.

I'm German and I've never been victim of a hit and run, nor do I know anyone who's been. My mom got hit by a flatbed truck while parked once, but they left their info.

I live in Pennsylvania in the US, it seems like most of the state outside of filthadelphia is actually pretty chill about nice cars. Maybe it's because the salt rust monster claims them all in the end anyway.

Hit and runs are a fact of life for anyone parking on a thru-street, as most serious hit and runs are late night drunk drivers. If you don't want you car to get hit by basic bitches in parking lots, park next to nice cars or in empty parts of the lot.

3 times within 6 months.
> Old fuck reverses at stop light smashes my bumper and gasses it. October 2107
> Park my car and go to work, comeback with driver side fender smashed in, no note left. December 24
> Driving home on 2 lane road, be in left lane, guy in right lane is kinda swerving, try to speed up past him rather than have him right next to me, he just dives right into my rear passenger quarter panel, no turn signals, just flips a U-turn, gases it and blows 2 red lights.

Don't come to So-Cal, these people are fucking retarded.

Attached: 1494946705516.jpg (280x373, 13K)

I love that car!

After the first one you should have learned to get a camera

That's horrible.

Also OP here, my camera came in, I'm getting ready to install it. AND, there is a car in my parking lot that is so fucked up that I wouldn't be surprised if he was one that hit me, though it's paint isn't on my car, but it's bumper practically doesn't exist anyways.

Attached: 29527661_10216099456025995_6724986_o.jpg (1776x1080, 134K)

I get at least one dent a year from my dumb ass neighbor. Doesn't happen much anymore but his kid used to have parties and my car got nailed by drunk teens at least 10 times over the years. I drew a diagram to show how this happens.

Attached: 1517575589844.png (676x608, 20K)

I just cop the door dings from soccer moms/kids no matter how far away I park from them.

If that's your car you can plastic "weld" that back together now you've drift stitched it. Blend a paint matched can of paint over the top and it'll look eh not that bad. If it your pride and joy go the extra step but if it's a daily beater do that.

I might give that a try at some point. The crack is pretty long though. only has about 3-4 inches holding the right side to the rest of the bumper on the very top. Downside is really that it cracked all the clips for the lower half. I've found a few used ones in decent condition starting at about 180 USD plus shipping. So I may just go that route.

Attached: Reunion.png (500x556, 95K)

I did, but after the second one. Had to return it cause it was absolute shit, Doing research on another one. Honestly looking into a dual camera setup.
Suggestions would be appreciated.

Some dickhead hit and ran me in a traffic circle a few months ago. He was trying to go all the way around in the outside lane and clipped me on the back passenger side wheel when I went to exit from the inside lane.

I slowed down to see if he was going to follow me out of the circle, and he slowed down and looked at me and then gunned it to the next exit. Luckily someone saw it happen and snapped a pic of his license plate and came and gave the info to the cops when I was on the side of the road talking to them.

The stupidest part is that I was driving pic related, which obviously has no body panels in the back, so the only damage was some paint rubbed off my steel wheel. If this moron had done the decent thing and pulled over to talk to me, I probably would have just told him that I could fix it myself and he didn't need to pay me anything. Instead he probably lost his license.

Attached: received_10155694370281823.jpg (864x1440, 122K)

Could always try the one I just bought. Setup was pretty painless, and it seems to be one of the highest rated. I tested the G recording and it starts right up and motion tracker tracks for a few seconds and then stops. It also auto locks any G shock videos so you don't accidentally delete them and has a battery in it for up to 30 mins of recording. I don't personally know about the video quality. but I'll see tomorrow when I review some shots.

this

The autist in me loves those cable-tie bodywork repairs. It's the car equivalent of a scar going across your eye.