I really want a first gen Turbo Coupe. Someone talk me out of buying one. I know it is impractical

I really want a first gen Turbo Coupe. Someone talk me out of buying one. I know it is impractical.

But I want one.

Attached: 00m0m_4ZP5uR6UQoY_1200x900.jpg (1200x900, 91K)

They're old and apart from drivetrain and suspension you don't have shit for parts support.

2.3 turbo.
they're trash chassis. get a xr4ti instead. at least the xr4ti has IRS and a manual...

they handle like a boat and unless you want to fabricate your own front and rear end so you can fit a non-shit suspension geometry, it's going to stay that way

ACKSHUALLY Fox Mustang more or less fit, but some minor adjustments may be needed per part.

>fox body
>handling
don't make me laugh

get an 87' with the intercooler
those engines crack heads too so be careful

I meant aftermarket parts, as in the things to fix that.

Lots of cars had the 2.3 though. I always see ones with not much more than 100k on the clock going for reasonable money.

My friend's dad had an xr4ti growing up, so they just kinda seem like a meh dad car to me now. Turbo Coupes have manuals too. Also, my current car has a live axle anyway.

See above

I like the styling of the earlier ones. Presumably adding an intercooler isn't terribly hard to do...

Right, I wasn't planning on taking it much above stock.

My friend had the SuperCoupe, super comfy car. Backseats are amazing, full size. Very compy, and quick for a bigfat.

>front overhang so huge it doesn't fit in the image
Who ever came up with the idea of anteater coupe?

I had an 87 for a while. Was a fun car, handled decent of what it was. Just keep in mind the newest one is now 30 years old, and good luck finding a cheap one with any clear coat left.

Attached: IMGP21121.jpg (4000x3000, 3.82M)

It's a beak.

>Its the car's fault that someone can't take good photos.
>Who ever came up with the idea of anteater coupe?
Someone who designed the best looking Thunderbirds built (my opinion.)

>Someone who designed the best looking Thunderbirds built (my opinion.)
I don't wanna see the second best t-bird then. They just added longer trunk a giant front fender to mustang and called it a day.

I know your an Veeky Forums autist but you should know that the Thunderbird was never designed with super sharp corning in mind. And 99% of you Veeky Forums autist wouldn't be able to drive safely or competitively to the limits of a fox platform Tbird. And you certainly can't do the same with your beloved WRX or 3k Civic.

Ok, which gen of Thunderbird do you like?

>the Thunderbird was never designed with super sharp corning in mind
yeah that's pretty obvious lmao
>And 99% of you Veeky Forums autist wouldn't be able to drive safely or competitively to the limits of a fox platform Tbird
you mean cornering at like 20 mph?

None

>you mean cornering at like 20 mph?
Ah the Veeky Forums autist meme brigade is here. I guess now you will tell me how great the Skyline or Impreza is. Your a fucking joke and a half.

>Your a
retard

crying "y-y-your just spouting memes!!!' isn't going to make the fox platform handle any better

A cobra irs, better wheels and tire and good coilovers make these things handle like a dream.

The irs is a necessary mod if you you want to drive it on American roads.

>handle like a dream
doubt it considering even cobras don't handle all that well, and they don't have wet noodle chassis rigidity
an irs swap from a cobra is going to be custom fab anyway, I don't know of any kits out there to do it

People do it all the time, go look or ask around on some forums.

I know a few people who have done it.

Ignore the autist on Veeky Forums first off. Second, while I never had a turbo coupe I had an '88 Sport Coupe with the underpowered non HO 302. It shared the interior with the Turbo coupe. Their are plenty of sites that will help with the turbo 2.3 because Veeky Forums only cars about you if you drive a import. As far as the chassis goes its on a fox platform. Quite a few parts will interchange from the mustang and Maximum Motorsports used to deal with Aerobird specific suspension parts like subframe connectors and other chassis components. A few of these retards will act like it drives like a 60's Buick because they either only have ever driven FWD econoboxes and think the sun rises and sets in Japan/Germany. Its a fine Hwy car and handles much like the SN95 cars, take that for what you will. If you plan to DD it is perfectly fine in stock form but of course an older car will need TLC like any other. Don't both with crazy shit like IRS because unless you plan on tracking the car you will never notice the difference. And seriously check other turbo coupe sites because Veeky Forums is about as cancerous as /pol/.

you will be paying more for gas.

Good luck finding one that isn't beat to shit, especially the interiors as 80's Fords had crap interior quality. Fun car, my dad had one, but it's not like you're getting a fast car by today's standards. They are dead sexy though.

I love my 83 TurboCoupe I got 10 years ago, but this guy is right. Mine's totally beat to shit. (it was like that when I got it.)