0-60 in 2.1 seconds

>0-60 in 2.1 seconds
>Top speed of 203
>840 horsepower
>770 pound-feet of torque
>6.2-liter HEMI Demon V8
>RWD
>Sub 100k

Why do people hate the Demon so much? Is it because its big, masculine, and all american? Is it because it shits on 300k+ eurofag supercars?

Attached: Demon.jpg (2250x1375, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zCp-kE9sqxw?t=22m46s
google.com/search?q=sloppy mechanics 9 second fairmont&oq=sloppy mechanics 9 second fairmont&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.9498j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i don't know anyone that hates the Demon desu

maybe because I would like to turn

Those statistics are only met when using race fuel.
Dodge is advertising their street car with the numbers you would get after you do a Few Simple Mods (TM).
Guess what, a 2001 GT-R can put down these numbers with A Few Simple Mods (TM), and it'll also go around corners.

I think it’s because it’s stupid heavy, can’t turn and has a fisher-price tier interior

"winga dinga GT-R winga dinga dinga dinga AE86"

that's right cunt.

yeah, and tell me how much a fuckin r34 costs to get literally anywhere but japan.

20k, Europe.

i dont see a problem with that. just go buy race gas before going to the strip. on the street you're probably fine. i still want a hellcat though and not a demon

youtu.be/zCp-kE9sqxw?t=22m46s

Just watch Doug's face.

Why is it so slow with that much power?

Attached: 2016+Mustang+Cobra+Jet+Specs+0-60.jpg (690x406, 99K)

Fastest production car ever created

Euro here, i like it a lot!
It looks epic too!
And i also buying a V8 burger!

Feels like more of the same after the Hellcat

I know it is, I'm asking why the Dodge is slower even though it has more power.

People hate it because it only does one thing very well (for a factory street car), but it doesn't do the things they want a car to do, like be light and corner.

There's still room left on the Demon for a Few Simple Mods (TM):
>Ice chest in the back
>Weight reduction
>Slicks
>Pulleys
>Intake & Exhaust
>Head porting
>Bigger cam
>ProCharger

Mainly because the Challenger chassis is based on the Email class Mercedes from the 1990's and the square body isn't aerodynamic.

Because it doesn't have a superior GM Turbo-Hydramatic like the car in your picture. Also, it's street legal.

>It looks epic too!
>And i also buying a V8 burger!
only euros that speak this way are 12 years olds, the ones that finished 6 classes and immigrants

Maybe english is his second language or he's just not very good with it.

I hate it because it took the place of the viper.

Not the GT-R tho

Base model skylines aren't special

>why the Dodge is slower even though it has more power.
First off, modern stockers like the Cobra Jet have 1000+ hp, which is more than the Demon. Also, the Demon doesn't have:
>A Strange 9'' solid rear axle
>Safety measures to go 8:50 (chute, wheelie bar, cage)
>An electric waterpump
>Dedicated drag shocks & springs
>Fuel cell right over the rear axle
>A 2.9L supercharger
>Extensive chassis stiffening
>Completely unrestricted racing exhaust
>GM TH400 transmission
>Slicks
On the other hand, a Cobra Jet is only 100K USD, plus a maximum of 4K in options (graphics and wheelie bar), which is still cheap, however, it isn't road legal like the Demon.

I don't hate it. Love it. Wish I could afford that or a hellcat. Or, even better, since I have a family, would be a 300 SRT with a supercharger or a hellcrate.

Cheapest R34 GT-R's I can find are at least 50K EUR on Autoscout.

i love it
who says they hate it?

I can build a car that does that for $20k

It's fucking slower than a Tesla

Teslas run on magic so it doesn't count

There's no Tesla's in the 9's yet that you can actually buy.

I respect it, but that is why I’m not head over heels for it.

it's a drag car. i don't hate it personally, but it's probably same thing as with ricing. ricing is making your car look fast while it actually performs poorly, this car seems to have powerful engine and nothing to make it handle well in corners, kind of power-rice. meeting this kind of car on some kind of nurburgring and realizing that you can keep up with it in your 200hp miata on slicks is the same thing as meeting riced car on the track and realizing it does 0-100 in 15s.

that being said, i don't hate it. if i'd see it on the road, i would probably admire it and thumb it up in case of eye contact. it's a cool car and it looks amazing

It will go around any corner at over twice the speed limit which is enough for a car of its nature. Nobody gives a shit about nerdy ass laptimes in the real world.

No manuel option

>realizing that you can keep up with it in your 200hp miata on slicks

You wouldn't be able to on any track that isn't a parking lot.

I’m pretty sure it would spin out and crash if you tried that

I can do it for 5. Sloppy mechanics.

I wish i was American, i wish i had a Demon.

Sure, it you only want it to do it once or twice

>Why do people hate the Demon so much? Is it because its big, masculine, and all american? Is it because it shits on 300k+ eurofag supercars?

Yes, specifically these things trigger the displacelets.

>"It's so easy to hit a gas pedal and hold on for dear life as it rockets to 100 faster than my go-cartlet gets to 20"
>"Turning a steering wheel slightly on my 30mph roads in a skateboard car, thaat's skill"

Attached: AmericaBallMinigun.gif (640x381, 409K)

Then open your shop and run the Hellcat out of the market then.
If it's so logical and easy, you could get capital pretty fuckin easily, and start undercutting Dodge.

Literally as good as a demon for $20k would have people ditching their miatas to have the Chad-Demon at that price.

Attached: h83ukfa63um01.jpg (1114x550, 65K)

You couldn't make 1000 though, and you certainly couldn't sell them as brand new cars, while turning break even, for less than 100K.

I feel like the new challenger in general has been getting a shitty image in movies and other media. It's always driven by some asshole listening to music that probably has "core" in the name or some trustfund vaping retard.

In los Angeles it’s commonly driven by negros or mexican women, occasionally by cletus. Trustfund vaping retards drive amg’s or m4’s, middle class vaping retards drive sti’s

Immigrate here, we're always looking for based immigrants

now that you mention it, There's a kid at campus falling under "middle class vaping retard." Just drives around in his fart-canned STI in the parking lot when half of it is empty. not fast, not swerving between lamp posts, just slow big ass ovals.

>Why do people hate the Demon so much?
Nobody hates the demon faggot, it's just a few children on Veeky Forums trying to go against the grain.

Demon is one of the few s/o/viet approved cars.

sweet drag car.. too lazy to have just built one for half the cost? or just old and tired?

>you can keep up with it in your 200hp miata on slicks

Sorry kid, no you can't.

Attached: 1522030466167.gif (500x418, 181K)

It isn't intended to be a fucking track car. Its a throwback to the classic american muscle cars of the late 60's/early 70's. Big, square, lots of power and truck-like handling. Literally when the origonal challenger was released, like all other muscle cars of the time it had a live axle in the rear. some muscle cars even had leaf springs in the rear. its all about laying down rubber, speeding away, and looking good doing it. its also about the sound of that throaty crossplane V8 churning out that much power. It isnt a track car, its just supposed to be a badass street hog.

then do it or quit talking shit

It's pretty boring, for the price you can buy a promod that runs 6 second 1/4s. Hell for the price you can build just about anything that will run faster.

A promod? a literal dragster that just happens to be street legal? yeah go get your groceries in that. Or better yet, build a car!

Not everyone has the time or desire to build a car with that much power. Its a lot easier for people with that kind of money to just go to the car lot and pick one up.

find better reasons to hate it rather than "its not a promod" or "i could build something better"

I don't even hate it I just think it's boring. Cool, you have a car slower than the fastest street cars of 30 years ago.

>the fastest street cars of 30 years ago
mind naming a few so we can have some more context?

and if you mean an R32 GTR then the demon is still faster

By street cars I don't mean stock, I mean street legal cars.

This piece of shit ran low 9's in the early 90's. Chevy's Copo Camaro is faster too.

Attached: chuckSamuel.jpg (768x271, 59K)

well i think its also important to consider that the demon isnt just for going fast. its for people who want to have a warranty and want to be comfortable. No doubt the demon is more comfortable than a promod, gets better fuel mileage and is a lot quieter.

you have to admit, it is a relatively practical and comfortable car for someone with no kids/kids that have their own cars or are older

Because the Nismo gtr would still beat it in a half mile drag race, probably even in the quarter mile

Yeah it's a compromise car, like I said I just think it's boring. Stock production cars stopped being interesting to me a long time ago.

Why does someone always Havel bring up the Mexicans?

Have to

Viper was too good for this world.

Nope. Daily drivable.
google.com/search?q=sloppy mechanics 9 second fairmont&oq=sloppy mechanics 9 second fairmont&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.9498j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Shut the fuck up RCR

If all you want to do is go really fast in a straight line for roughly 10 seconds you can just get a sport bike for ten grand.

It's like a leather jacket.
It never goes out of style.
Ans sure, they look pretty good.
But do you have a leather jacket?
And is a leather jacket the right jacket?