/asg/ - Absolver General

Got Parried: Rudimentary Map
i.imgur.com/Na8qQOr.png

>Wikis
absolver.gamepedia.com/Absolver_Wiki
absolver.wiki.fextralife.com/Absolver Wiki

>General information on moves, stats, and equipment
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit#gid=1698220040

>News
absolvergame.com/news

>Hairstyles in game
imgur.com/a/TlMXk
imgur.com/a/rm56U

>Where the fuck is XYZ?
youtube.com/watch?v=bhDUJMP527k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JKgEsuEBhqI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

holy fk parry is so god damn easy
>tfw used to parrying way later than that
so i do that way too late, wtf is with that parry window tho? it seems to be around 400-300ms
>it guarantees 100 minimum dmg
>also it gives stamina back

300-400ms is correct. It feels like just short of half a second.

and it drains stamina from the attacker

>hit guy using haymaker twice
>he still hits me with it

nani

>Forsakentard thinks he has me figured out
>Activate my forbidden technique
>Manually select down right stance
>It only has one move
>Drunken Crane

>posts webm of of himself getting almost dying and barely parrying telegraphed attacks only coming from the right

its good

>posts shit

But it was the truth though idiot

>getting almost dying

some people post here for discussion and not to cherry pick their best fights to make themselves seem superior

>s-some people don't want to make themselves seem superior
>HOW ABOUT THAT EZ FORSAKEN RIGHT GUYS HAHA ONLY SCRUBS WOULD USE THAT

I made one mistake but I bet you still understood what I said, unless you are an idiot. He was making a point about how easy parrying is, and the webm didn't really prove anything.

I hope they fix this. This is the only reason I don't get mad at people who endlessly whine about charged moves.

>some people post here for discussion and not to cherry pick
>cherry picks a post

I can do that too

t.literal butthurt forsaken in denial

literally my first mach with a deck i put together in 30s
yes, forsaken is easy mode, way easier than the other styles combined

You wanna know how you beat a forsaken? Stop being an idiot and stagger your attacks if he starts parrying. Add a short delay between each swing so that they parry nothing and you can hit them on the recovery.

No, it's clearly easier to shitpost about Parry being broken instead of gitting gud.

>It only goes through parry if you desperately parry as soon as you possibly can.
I have to parry later because, say it with me user, it goes through parry. I don't give a fuck about the technicalities, I said it goes through parry, and it does. Stop trying to sugarcoat it.

>They're not "unviable". They're only a fraction bit worse.
They are visibly worse to the point where most players do not use them.

>but with proper setup can be just as good as the moves you are talking about.
No proper setup will give Wallop Punch dodge frames, a wider hitbox, or a multihit.

>And you know the problem with all of those moves? They're extremely predictable. Except for Back Tripped Kick which is pretty much too fast to react to unless you know it's coming.
They're only predictable because everyone uses them, that doesn't make them bad. Ducking most of the games attacks that hit high while ignoring parry and side dodges is fucking busted. Imagine if charged haymaker were as fast as whirlwind double punch. It'd be the same thing.

>Handstand kick is horrible, I don't know why you even mention that as a good move though.
Oh, but I thought no move was horrible? It is a ducking attack that hits mid (jumped light kick doesn't jump over the attack), you can't side dodge it, and it also goes through parry.

Would you two just fucking give it a rest, it doesn't fucking matter.

>Stop being an idiot and stagger your attacks if he starts parrying. Add a short delay between each swing so that they parry nothing and you can hit them on the recovery.

Then he uses his quick strings and claps your ass while you're delaying your attacks because you were too busy trying to counter his retarded mechanic

post Veeky Forums, pls

>not spamming attacks means you can't parry/dodge/absorb yourself
The absolute state of Windniggers.

Then you continue to not be an idiot, block or dodge his attacks, learn how to properly feint and keep hitting him with uneven rhythms until you win.

no staff members...kid

>people who just unga-bunga their armor moves

Cease, immediately.

Combat deck?

jumped spin kick is never guaranteed on parry, right?

It's not, no. But I assumed he would do this since he basically 80% of this through the entire fight. Jumped Spin Kick has fast enough recovery frames to parry the next hit, while dishing out a hefty bit of damage.

alright i'm testing grab punch a bit, it's just a fundamentally broken ability

should i make some webms showcasing it or are there any nonbelievers here

>it guarantees 100 minimum dmg
Except you missed getting any damage at all on 2 of 4 parries in your clip. Because you can't always be standing in your Side Kick stance.

the i'd get rid of the absolver overtop and hopefully here is a better alternative other then this is the 3rd best i've seen

kinda messy and uncoordianted

noice

>Then he stops trying to parry
OK?

ok some elaboration

grab punch is probably the most powerful move in the game. the fact that it deals a ton of damage, has hyper armor and is fast enough to not be reactable while the other guy is mid-string makes it completely broken. it is basically a parry, except it takes no timing or skill to use, and it automatically deals 100 damage. just having it on your combat deck warps the fight completely around that move. if you punish any aggression with the move, your opponent will have to start playing around that move in a way that absolutely gimps him completely. he can't pressure you with strings anymore because there's always the looming threat of you grab punching and swinging the tempo on him.

hadrunken is similar to grab punch, but WAY weaker. it doesn't hit mid like grab punch does, it's slower, the hyper armor activates too late and it's hard to use it to string additional attacks. grab punch doesn't suffer from those issues

I don't have a screenshot of my current one. I'll quote this post later when I'm done with what I'm doing currently and get back in the game.

no, i only missed one punish because i feinted it on accident, the rest were confirmed, in fact every single hit in my deck is confirmed on parry

He dodged your last one.

no, look at the hp

We know lad, we know. The correct option is to stop committing to long strings and just poke people so you can react, until they stop doing it. That doesn't stop it from being one of the best moves in the game though.

I'd rather the game wasn't based on whacking gold strings into each other though, so I'm kind of happy that this is strong. Need to fix the lag that gets it through two hits now though.

>CT lvl 190
>only found out about Calbot today
>apperently only rare npc spawn has it
>herewegoagain.jpeg
>spend a few hours looking
>nothing
>back to guidance bridge for some relief in trails
>random wants to fight at altar
>uses only Calbot while I block

>The correct option is to stop committing to long strings and just poke people so you can react, until they stop doing it.

just played a game against a pretty good windfall and he did just that. he started baiting it out and i just responded with using it in response to jabs. he still ate shit every time.

the only real weakness i see with it is the fact that your stance changes as you get hit so it's sometimes hard to get it out and you're forced to actually parry or dodge. the double fist sweep also gives the move a bit of trouble, but not enough to actually be a problem

Teaching moves, eu/pc
Reply with a list of what you want and search for the keyword risingmuscle
Can also do sword moves

>beat a guy easily 1st round
>2nd round he suddenly starts to teleport and skip attack animations

When's the patch today?
i can't stand the lag anymore

Seriously, why is there no option to remove items from inventory? Its such an obvious feature

The only reason I can think for it not to be there is if they are going to introduce an in-game currency and microstransaction system

i've had that happend a couple of times to, feels a little too coincidental

all the khalt moves and the stagger style moves

I don't want to come off as petty, but:
who are you to tell anyone their look is uncoordinated

You make a lot of excuses under the guise of "predictions". Just git gud bro.

just im going for the nature child look
your top is drab and your bottom is loud with colours .

apparently launch was rushed while the dev team focused on refining the combat mechanics.
and while the game is extremely well balanced for what it is, item management and proper pve content came second leaving it very unpolished.
i'de be extremely dissappointed if the introduce microtransactions even if it's only cosmetics.

Is there some kind of cult going on? So many of these webm's seem to have guys in the same long brown coat and mask I thought they were the same people but they always have different names. Is that just the popular look?

They will introduce them at some point, I can guarantee we will see mask loot boxes in this game

I like the way the halfskirt and the onesided full glove look together.

Also, I really like the pants, but I got nothing that fits with them, yet.

What's wrong with loot boxes? not that i think the game needs it but i don't think it would ruin anything either

Iktf buddy

Bruh, surely you have more than half of them already
Be more specific

It means devs will lock nice content behind a pay wall, in a game we already paid for
The common defence of this is "You can still get all the content for free!" Which is technically true, but it would require 1000 hours of grinding

i dunno, how many moves are there overall?

just like it still now requires some people 100 hours to get some masks, it wouldn't be that much of a change

>play windfall since release
>try forsaken
literal ez mode

oh, shit
wobble low kick, parry and strike, and spiral palm then

alright i've lost all respect for this video game now

adding grab punch to my deck has eliminated the need for reading attacks, timing, footsies in general, etc

if you folks want to ruin this game for yourselves, just add grab punch to your deck and never lose a pvp match ever again

that's a 1st

Going for a little bit of armored monk there

also related to this, i managed to deal with the whole "stance changing when hit" problem, and found a bit of really important advice

attention:

if you are manually changing stances, and you get hit, your stance will revert back to the stance you tried to change from.

your stance might also change if your opponent moves to your left or right enough

so basically: don't try to change stances if you're in a brawl, change your stance to the desired stance beforehand, or use an alternate attack to switch to said move

its so laggy i cant fight
also if you could help me with finishing off windfall style that would be boss

what color is that scarf on the inside?

magenta

Which moves specifically?

They've been absolutely adamant about having zero microtransactions.

i mean letting me dodge it
so i can ditch this shitty school

Oh.

Wasn't there supposed to be an update today?

>They've been absolutely adamant
Sloclap might have been. If Devolver says otherwise though.....

Happened to me once, thankfully some saint was able to help me up.
Looks like that's not an option for you though.

Devolver isn't exactly famous for releasing microtransactions to games.

Iunno about that mate, their motto is literally "Tomorrows unethical business practices, today!"

I'm trash, fite me.

thanks

WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE MOVES THAT CANT BE INTERRUPTED WITH A HIT
IT BREAKS THE ENTIRE FUCKING HFALGDPTQegjwr9b-eg9bterfh]9agwjfbufpdjhwiarejbirhepirahwbuehibfbfhgpe'wjo/;fn fpbdsvnkbo;jlr

np friendo

Because there are moves you can dodge, parry or block?

got an example?

*grab punches u*

no but to be real with you, only grab punch is really overpowered out of all those moves. hadrunken is ok, haymakers and uppercuts become a lot less useful against good players

youtube.com/watch?v=JKgEsuEBhqI

Im still looking like shit

I believe that was what is known in some circles as a joke.

And this is known in some circles as irony.

Are you joking or did you take that seriously?

And this is known in some spheres as a rectangle.

who /biker/ here

I say we'll get microtransactions in a month, pay money for in-game currency that you can buy better items with
You get a tiny amount of this currency for selling inventory items