/ggg/- Guilty Gear General

Sheep Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/tournaments/signup/NybzeqTnXn
mechagsplays.challonge.com/ggxrds4w3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You sound like a goddamn sociopath honestly

EU hours almost kill /ggg/

how can you not hate people you're fighting 1v1? when you're online there's no human connection besides the dumb nigger lagging and doing stupid shit constantly
all I want is to put them in their place and then never have to interact with them again, they don't deserve shit

can we create an early morning ECPC room? I want to play some matches before I have to put my pc in the attic to prevent it getting fucked up during the storm if something happens.

You sound like you should avoid competition and conflict in general, considering how personal you're making things with zero interaction with the other person.

Sure, I don't have to be anywhere until later this afternoon anyway. Plus I could use some practice for the tourney tonight.

Early Morning US East Coast PC room is up. I can't keep it open any later than 9:30.
Room ID: 1lab
the l is an L.

>there's no human connection
What do you call Chipp players spamming S A Y O N A R A after a long set of matches? That's the closest bond I've ever formed.

I already said I have nothing else I want to do

Ggs Florida user. I hope the DC was you running out of time to board up and not your power going out. Stay safe and see you next time. Gonna close the room now.

Then do anything else. It's not like you've tried everything there is to do in the world.

I don't have to try things to know I won't like doing them

You could try doing nothing, I've been doing nothing for a few weeks now.

Only problem is once you get into the habit of doing nothing it's hard to get the motivation to so something.

I've been doing nothing for the past 2 years
it's just that eventually I work up the desire to play something and then I get pissed like always, and the cycle repeats

Well then it's just a matter of time until you get tired and start doing nothing again, have a little patience.

I don't think you fully understand
my only interest is games, so if I'm not playing them I'll be reading or watching stuff related to games
I lack the motivation to play them usually and get mad at the ones I am motivated to play, which keeps me away more
but what happens is say I'll watch a guilty gear stream, have a decent time and think "hey, I wanna play some today finally"
so I boot it up, go online, and no matter how okay I was feeling beforehand I end up screaming and throwing shit and wanting to kill myself
I'm not waiting to do nothing, I'm always doing fucking nothing
I just want to enjoy the only goddamn thing I care about enough anymore to get emotionally invested in, but I still hate actually doing it like everything else I used to like
it's literal torture and I'm convinced I'm already in hell

Then kill yourself lol

Well if you're already doing nothing then keep at it, I don't see the problem.

Well shit, what do you expect anyone here to tell you? You seem convinced that there's nothing left to motivate you. How the Hell is anything anyone on an anonymous message board says going to be that magic answer that reverses all of it?

I'm not about to play armchair psychologist, but you're gonna need help from someone to get out of this. I realized this is bait about 3 posts ago, but on the off chance you're being genuine, seriously seek help. This sounds like extreme depression.

>message board
It's an imageboard user, get it right.

but I want to have fun playing video games sometimes at least, or feel proud about at least being decent at fightan if nothing else
I know there's no magical answer, I just don't have any other place to go
>sounds like extreme depression
gee, what gave you that impression?

>but I want to have fun
Tough shit

>but I want to have fun playing video games sometimes at least, or feel proud about at least being decent at fightan if nothing else
If you want to do that you need to put in work at a constant pace and grind it out
Fighting randoms online is not the best way to do this, especially in your case. I hate playing random people as well, so even though I'm not a social person I'm in a few Discords and have a couple of acquaintances I made while playing whom I can ask for games. This way I can play for hours and not get angry at stupid shit. Honestly, grinding long sets without a care in the world with these people I barely know is one of my greatest joys. Who knows, maybe this can work for you as well.
What's your region? I can be your sparring partner. We'll take it easy and just play for hours on end. Or just a couple of matches every once in a while, whichever you prefer. We'll follow your pace.

GIVE
ME
YOUR
STEAM
ID

I don't even have a computer you nigger
I don't want to erp with you anyway

You're a prude user, there are many joys to be had with ERP.

unless you're a girl I'm not interested
after all this shit you think I have the will to type out long and interesting autistic roleplay scenarios?

then give me your psn id b*tch

>put in work
I don't want to fucking work, I want to play
it doesn't matter anyway cause when I'm against a person I might as well have never touched the game before
I've played long sets with people I actually know in real life before, I still get pissed and scream and rage

>unless you're a girl I'm not interested
Well I can be one if you want to...

why are you so desperate faggot
what do you want from me
is your fetish depressed people or what

I want to cum on Millia's hair.

why do you type like this
it makes you look like a faggot
you should stop doing it

>I don't want to fucking work, I want to play
Playing IS the work you have to do if you want to improve
You don't have to grind shit out in training mode
If you just play a shitton you'll get used to it and stop looking like a total newbie.
Anyway, if you don't want to play, no pressure. I don't want to sound condescending but if you need someone to rage at then just ask.

Please refrain from posting ever again

You can't stop me from sharing my desire to do dirty things to Millia

No one can

anyone ec wanna play pc? haven't played in a while.

I like to think that among Zato's many sins that were listed to him when he was in Hell, "turning a beautiful woman like Millia into damaged goods" was among them next to murder, sabotage, and attempted infanticide.

I can make one for a bit. I can't keep the room open past noon though.

Alright, I put up a short term US East Coast PC room. The longest I can keep it up is until 12 noon.
Room ID: u7fe

What are the potential causes for lag online?

Sorry I can't keep the room open after all. Maybe next time.

A bad connection and/or a weak PC

I understand hating your opponent because i feel the same way when i play during the match. But usually when i get mad i just get mad at myself for beign retarded,having shit execution

This, the only time I ever rage quit in games is when I'm playing like dogshit and can't stand to see it anymore.

I get moments where I want to ragequit pretty often, but I never do that, purely out of respect for my opponent.

I've never actually rage quit in a match before, but that's not to say I don't get frustrated with myself from time to time. I've been playing long enough to know I have a tendency to make reckless plays and be over aggressive in my approach, which is why a character with good mixups is essential for me. It's more frustration with myself for being dumb and thinking the same approach will work even if I already got hit out of it twice before.

That being said, every now and then making an overly aggressive play out of nowhere when I'm about to lose has helped more in the long run that it hurt. My natural strength and greatest weakness is the same thing in my case. Just going into spectator mode to give myself a moment does wonders to ease frustration.

We need more art of sheep Millia

>Millia develops a new defensive technique to not die in two or three combos
You know your woman is hardcore when she uses a dagger as a hairpin.

I love Elphelt!

Why doesn't she just use hair as a hairpin?

Because throwing and then getting back the hairpin is a cool gameplay element.

Considering she has complete control over her hair, down to being able to change the length at will, she can. The dagger is a hold out weapon which makes sense because she's an assassin.

Elphelt is a whore

Real euro hours!
My gamepad was finally sent from USA.
A couple more weeks and I will actually play this game again

>USA
What did you get?

This one. Fighting games are dead as fuck in my eastern european homeland, so there's almost no dedicated fightpads or sticks sold here.

I think i'm in love with this man, he is way too cute to be as good at Johnny as he is

Best boy.

Ah, I see. A friend of mine has the PS3 model, he got it from Play-Asia. It's pretty neat.
I know it's too late now but did you consider the MadCatz SFV fightpad? Amazon has a couple of those on sale and they could have been a cheaper option since they would have been shipped from Europe.

I wanted to buy a proper good pad, so I wasn't really looking for cheaper options (but I probably should have). You get what you pay for and all that.
I was also heavily intoxicated when I bought it.

>eastern european
>making decisions while heavily intoxicated
But of course

At least it was weed and not booze. Doing my best to break stereotypes.

Playing I-No on pad sounds kinda like a shitty experience, even if it's a fightpad

Good thing I main Jam. I just have lots of pictures of various GG grills.

Wew
I like associating people's mains with the pictures they post

Eat your hamburgers Ram

Please don't force Ram to eat hamburgers

boobeh

What's wrong with that?
It's not like dashing or tks are any easier on stick.

I wonder what Ramlethal's feet smell like

Hamburgers

I find IADs and TKs way easier on stick, and even easier on keyboard
Also I forgot that Chemical Love's motion is not 632146 like in GGXX, and I really can't perform that on pad

Sin's saliva.

I find even dashing hard on a pad because I didn't grow up playing consoles.
But I don't see how IAD is any harder than regular dashing.

Tourney tonight lads, let's get farther this time.

what time
where

Who's streaming? Mechags?

bountyxhunted

You have to have an account on challonge and be part of the GG discord, and make sure the name you sign up with is the same as the discord name. It's a beginner's tourney, although some of the regulars of the new player channel on the discord are definitely not beginners and know at the very least effective use of fundamentals. It's also US PC.

challonge.com/tournaments/signup/NybzeqTnXn

>Mechags
Nah he's the one who hosts the EU PC tournaments
Speaking of which, here's tomorrow's tourney:
mechagsplays.challonge.com/ggxrds4w3

I love Elphelt and Ramlethal!

I-No pad player here. I've been playing 2D fighters for several years so her inputs aren't that hard for me

>tfw no time to get in practice before the tournament tonight except for like maybe 15 minutes

You're gonna lose anyway, why even bother, a day of practice won't change anything.

>too busy prepping for hurricane to participate in tourney

it's always something

>a day of practice won't change anything
It can be the difference between a Pot player that hits his 6K loops and one that doesn't. That can easily win/cost you the game.

Yeah, I probably won't win, but if I don't try it's a 0% chance instead of a 1% chance. Plus I had fun last time even if I did lose.

Russians should be banned from EU online tournaments, they're always running around with 6+ frame delays.

Eu players

Didnt mean to respond to the first person

Does anyone have a decent resolution image of Sol's face while he does Riot Stamp?

>have to balance 3 hours in to sleep and practice

Even /smtg/ is more alive than this place
Kinda pathetic desu

EU hours mane

JRPGs attract more NEETs. They're still best gen.

The problem is that most players here are from NA, there are very few EU players here from what I've seen, so the thread is only active on NA evenings.

I'm from the EU myself and if I had the game I'd make lobbies, but I don't have ut so the best I can do is bump the thread.

I tried looking for games like 3 times at different times of day and nobody responded so I just stopped.

>tfw jarpig is dead