Budget of $8,000

>budget of $8,000
>looking for rwd manual project car
>preferably coupe
>something that handles well
>want something with around 300-350hp with potential for mods to increase hp
>test drove a V6 Mustang
>slow, boaty handling
>everyone wants way too much for the V8, and even then you're still stuck with the boaty handling
>test drove a V6 Camaro
>slow, boaty handling but better than the mustang
>V8 variants are again too costly and still don't handle as well as I'd like
>test drove a Nissan 350z
>handling is great, engine is peppy and rev happy
>0-60 in 5.5 seconds
>kind of turned off by the weight and the fact that the engine is an open deck design meaning I'd have to spend a shit load on a custom block just to break 500hp

Can someone recommend me a good rwd manual coupe that meets the following criteria:
>300-350hp stock
>decent looks
>weighs between 2,000-2,500lbs preferably
>decent aftermarket for suspension and engine

The 350z is the only one I found that kind of fits the bill but I'm sure there are better options.

Attached: 36a8797bdd457b77105cadf7d8125ab5.jpg (1440x1080, 2.04M)

nobody fucking cares lol

if its a project car just buy it and enjoy it stock . worry about expensive engine blocks later

Beggars can't be choosers: The thread.

save some more dough and get a cayman

You're right, everyone on here seems to be too busy jerking off over shitboxes.

I was thinking about just getting the 350z but I want to know if there are better options before I buy it.

I really don't want to buy something that is unreliable.

>everyone on here seems to be too busy jerking off over shitboxes

like this thread. nissan makes some of the most poorly engineered and cheaply designed cars today. lurk moar

porsche is very reliable, yiu're just a poorfag EL EM AY OH

>wants reliability
>"Yeah I'm gonna push a 12 year old car to 500 whp"

What is wrong with you

Attached: 1521604896819.jpg (540x405, 37K)

>is ignorant and doesn't understand how someone with the right skillset could possibly push a 3.5 liter V6 to 500hp
I've seen turbo builds on the stock engine reliably make 450hp @ 8psi.
I DD'd a fully built turbo K20 RSX for 5 years at 500hp, got sick of fwd and fell for the rwd meme.
Other than basic maintenance the engine has been bullet proof.

Also
>not wanting a project car that you can push further than manufacturer limits

>wants a reliable car
>budget 350z with budget parts and labour to get 500 WHEEL hp
pick one larper
ofc a camaro in your budget would be slow and boaty

Attached: 1512153560493.jpg (322x137, 13K)

>budget parts
No sweetheart this isn't going to be built with discount eBay parts

>budget labour
I'm doing all the work myself.

If you're still going to be butthurt about my choice of car and budget, find me a decent rwd manual car with a good aftermarket for suspension and the engine for about $30k
Used or new, take your pick.

How reliable would you say a 350z win like 70 to 100k miles is? Been sort of looking for one myself. I've read the 2007 and 2008 ones are most reliable. 2006 and below I've been told burns oil

I gots $8000, gimme a car with more HP per ton than a 911 turbo. duhhhhhhhhh

Spend more or ask for less.

Attached: 1507483926815.png (406x452, 30K)

The vq35de is fine but down on power from being the early gen, might burn light oil 03-05.
Vq35 rev up, higher redline and power but burns oil like mad 05-06.
Vq35hr is the one you want, 8500 redline and solved pretty much all the issues 07-08.
In my experience nissans/infinitis are pretty damn reliable but of the japanese companies they usually have the most expensive parts. Still easy to work on however
Just watch out for any boyracers who might have abused it or neglected maintenance

Not that guy but
Supra mk4

Sweetheart if you weren't an ape you'd realize just popping in coil overs and lowering would solve a lot of the boaty issues you have.

Attached: wow.jpg (1571x884, 380K)

>8500 Redline
Have fun blowing your engine

get an mx5 and put in a v8

350z eats front tires for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, even with the alignment fixed because the suspension has excessive toe in under load (everything up to 07)

Do you want to buy two tires a year?

god you sound insufferable

you sound like a faggot pinoy

fuck off back to /r9k/

>i want a car that has all these features on a 16 year olds budget

I own an 07 350z with the HR engine. aint no fucking 8500 redline wtf. pushing past 7600-7700 on anything sort of close to stock is risky as fuck. and if its stock tune it wont go past 7500

Attached: HRtach.jpg (480x360, 10K)

04 gto bruuuuuuh

>just make the ride hard to solve weight problems
gg faggot

Quit your bullshit, I've been driving my '04 with winter tires for 2 years all year round and not even these are close to be gone.

Bullshit I've barely got wear on my wagon and it's literally a stretched 350z

Was it just the American ones that burn oil? Bought my vq35 9 months ago and have never checked the levels

>I want a performance car for $8k
Just lol. 350z is as close as you'll get.

cars are stupid... get a corolla or suffer more

This. Get a fucking Commy mate.

This.
Get a clean civic with light mods :^)
Or stop being a poor cunt

WRX STI

the 350/370z are bitches to work on the engine especially with the 370 its tighter than a nuns nasty in there so i would probably go with like a is200/250 bc inline room or an old lexas with a 2j a lot of parts around for the engine idk about the suspension and stuff tho and ik there sedans but thats really your only other option in my opinion

Your criteria is literally so narrow that it only allows for ONE car, and yet somehow it ISNT the one you're obviously biased for.
Your answer, by the way, is an LT1 equipped C4 Corvette. There is no part in that car that doesn't have an aftermarket alternative because GM parts binned the damn thing so hard that you can pull shit from basically anything.
>but but it's 3200 lbs
And so is the 350Z. Which as you said is basically at its limit of power at stock. An LT1 can happily make 500WHP if it's in good order.

There's not much room for debate here. The criteria set out allows for nothing else. I'm kind of shocked I'm the first one to bring this up.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-19-21-05-11-1.png (1080x770, 469K)

Chrysler Crossfire
>more weight
or BMW Z4
>less power

CTS-V, unironically. It's got 2 extra doors for more whores, and Corvette drivetrain, but it is about 1000lbs heavier than you want so who knows.

>spoonfeeding OP the correct answer
wew lad

Just because it's correct doesn't mean he'll listen. It's clear that he's set on buying a 350Z, otherwise he probably wouldn't have intentionally made a spec that would, hopefully to him, exclude basically anything else. I'm betting, in fact, that if OP were to come back he'd complain that the C4 is ugly and then proclaim he's buying a 350Z, expecting to be reassured he's making the right decision.

Either that or he's literally too retarded to understand that the only car that actually meets his spec is an $80000 TVR Sagaris. There's no way to tell really.

OP here, didn't think this thread was still up. Basically took another anons advice and decided to save a bit more. Recently got a new job with much better pay rate, just sick of driving a shitbox.
Tomorrow I'll be going to look at a C5 Corvette, if I like it I'll just buy that. Kind excited about it because I've heard good things about the LS series of motors and I've always thought the Corvette looks nice. I doubt the YouTube videos do it justice but 60mph in 1st gear seems too good to be true.

96-04 Mustang Cobra
>all manual
>all can instantly handle up to 450rwhp, with the exception of 03-04 which come supercharged stock 530+
>rwd
>under 3200lbs
>96-98 are only 5-8k
>99-02 are only 6-10k
>03-04 are only 10k-15k unless very lucky
>dat 4v DOHC v8
>99-04 have IRS
Literally the perfect project car/cruiser/street killer/track day/drag car

Don't be a fag, get a cobra.

also the Termi is a corvette killer. And any of the other years 96-02 can be corvette killers with a procharger, gears, and a good ass tune.

Attached: Termi Cobra.jpg (736x489, 63K)

I own an 03, even the coupe by the lightest standards is more like 3580-3650. But yea, this body style can be made fairly light weight.

The 01 cobra is more of what he's looking for imo. You got 320whp with bolt ons, IRS, aluminum block.

He's going to look at a c5, not a bad idea. Might be high mileage if its anywhere near 8-10k though. The LS1 isn't the problem if its not the first 2 years with rod bolt recall and hasnt been fixed. Nor is the t56. Both will go over 200k miles from experience, however the vettes and trans ams will have other funny issues.

Good luck man

yeah man but then you've gotta live inside the mustang interior. and no amount of power can ease that plastic pain

jesus i love that AE S T H E T I C so much.
salty i can't get a cheap one (or even just one) in yurop

soy

>I really don't want to buy something that is unreliable.
>testdrives mustangs and camaro's.

Really you want something nearly impossible. It needs to have good handling, needs to be fast, needs to be easy to work, needs to be under 8grand etc etc. Pick one or save your money up & buy something better. don't be a fag.

Well you've gotten me interested. Compared to the C5 Corvette, how is the handling?

Actually Camero handles a bit too well for the weight. He'd have more options with it over the 350z.

120k miles is mobile bomb for some people though if he's lucky one at 70k miles might not be abused to shit.
Keep in mind people drive these as hard as Celicas, rsx, integras, and 240sxs.

If he looks hard enough you can find decent c5s for about 8-10k.

It’s gonna be a project, as in a second/third car, I’d recommend a Fox Body Mustang. One of the biggest aftermarkets out there, and can be had for less than $3k.

An 03 weighs THAT MUCH? my 97 GT only weighs barely 3200. How did it go up that high?

With the IRS, it wont be killing any crowds. Obviously it's still not a corvette, so your first job will be coilovers, sub frame connectors, big tires, poly bushings, etc etc. It may not be out of the box track like a corvette, but with a little work it can be Much much more, and has a huge aftermarket. And personally, I like the aesthetic of a corvette killer mustang, rather than a relatively stock track corvette.

Honestly at $8000 and wanting to mod it.
240sx, old vettes, miata, perhaps an old rx7, things like that for RWD.

Any car that you will want I'm your criteria will not be a mint example. Better spending the $6000ish or less and having the rest for upgrades and inevitable repairs.

Attached: 1521351176211.gif (315x174, 1.39M)

Lmao what is this post?
If anything it eats the back tires but even then its not bad at all

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about

Oh is that what they made those awful interiors with? That would explain a lot.

>cars are stupid
>buy a corolla
corolla is a car.. u r literally autist

What year did you test where a camaro handled better than a mustang lmao

Except a Corvette has a huge aftermarket too.

One was made by GM to compete against Ferraris and Porsche 911s. It has magnetic shocks, double wishbone suspension all around, weighs 3100-3300lbs, and has a very stiff chassis even compared to new cars.

The other is a 1978 Ford Fairmont with a supercharger.

Literally all of them lol. Better front suspension, panhard rod rear vs 4-Link, and less flexier chassis.

To answer underage OP's question (since he doesn't realize high hp cars cost time and lots and lots of money): Corvette, Turbo Miata, V8 swapped FC RX7/240SX/E36 BMW, 350Z in that order.

>Turbo Miata
>he doesn't know the magic of NA

Attached: 3753750235_6754592dfd_n.jpg (320x286, 41K)

>NA
You forgot the
>LS

>LS
V6 NA and rotary is the only way to go with chink cars. I don't care what other cars people defile with that shitty sounding engine.

Ya go kseries unless rwd is an absolute must

Have you seen the vette,350,370,interiors they are equally as disgusting plastic shit.

Get a Cayman, a Vette, or an M3. A Lotus could fit the bill too. I guess a Foxbody more closely fits your specs, but it's a worse platform to start with than the others.