Whats the point of this? Just get a van at this point

Whats the point of this? Just get a van at this point

Attached: 163_0802_12z+truck_bed_cover_buyers_guide+jason.jpg (750x469, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L7Pq8N1LXvc
usnews.com/news/best-states/tennessee
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Checkmate, atheists.

Attached: centurion_econoline_cruiser.jpg (500x290, 22K)

Its cheeper than a new van
modular
cheep camper
keeps your shit dry and out of the weather
keeps you shit from getting stolen
keeps chemicals separated from the cab
easy to take off and put on as you need it

It's hard to find vans with 4x4. Vans are usually 2 or 3 passenger or 15 passenger vans. A truck with a cap has room for passengers and a separate cargo compartment.

not to mention that pickemups are usually much cheaper than vans inb4 minivans

cheap.

These don't have seats that take up cargo space, and arent carpeted in the area you'd store potential dirty cargo in. The cargo area is also separate from the cabin so the cabin stays clean. You really didn't think this post through did you?

Attached: 1521772449806.jpg (539x540, 74K)

Jack of all trades, there's not much they can't do.

Or a suburban

Suburbans have no payload and the load space is part of the cab, good luck moving soil/manure/grass clippings etc

suburbans up until the redesign in 08 had the same susupension as a 1500 pickup and could also be purchased with a HD 2500 suspension setup but those are rare. theres still however the disadvantage you pointed out where the cargo space is integrated with the cabin

>suburbans up until the redesign in 08 had the same susupension as a 1500 pickup and could also be purchased with a HD 2500 suspension setup
Fair enough, the ones sold in Aus, at least the petrol variant only had a 2.7t tow but I guess that doesn't necessarily represent what's available in the US.

they cant fit in a regular parking spot in most places in the world

>Not living in the US.
>Living in a city with a million or more inhabitants.

>90% of """work""" done in the USA is just moving literal shit from point A to point B in ugly overpriced trucks

If your transit systems were designed well (or even at all) like the rest of the civilized world, you wouldn't have to spend $50k on hideous cuckwagons to """haul""" things around with in the most inefficient manner possible.

well in the US we're one of the few places left with parking spaces bigger than a tv remote so its not much of a concern

Ummm it's like $90k for a landcruiser or hilux where you live. Your stupid floppy sided cuck trucks are like $90k too. You can go camping or out to dinner in a pickup.

who gives a fuck about the rest of the world?

>what is a CARGO van
>what is a partition

I've got a 2500 and have no problem with payload or moving what you said. I adjust the seats, put down a tarp and haul. The only thing I can't move is a refrigerator since it has to stand upright.

have you ever considered that cargo vans cant pull fifth wheel trailers? or that occasionally you have cargo that is too big for the back of the van but in the truck you could simply remove the camper shell?

also the truck serves the double purpose of not only being a workhorse but also being a family vehicle like an suv

people that incessantly point out how vans are superior to trucks are the kind of people who have never owned a truck

anyone with basic knowledge of how to park can anywhere around here. if the parking lots empty ill park diagonally anyways bc why the fuck not

A Silverado might not but there are dozens of smaller dual cab utes available.

Cruiser starts at $60k, and Hilux starts at $27k but I digress. Directly comparing two irrelevant markets only through exchange rate makes no sense. Besides, if you want utility, you buy a cab over.
>You can go camping in a pickup
Likewise a 4x4 Canter or NPR.
>or out to dinner in a pickup
Sorry, I didn't realise I was responding to Stacey.

Both of which are expensive options both in terms of purchase cost and maintenance. A Daily 4x4 would be a better option.

What the fuck is that shit?

>Both of which are expensive options both in terms of purchase cost and maintenance.
What are you talking about?

Not sure how to be more clear, the two trucks you referenced.

Ah, so you are admitting to lying.

>Trucks are cheaper than vans
What kind of backwards world do you live in?

In my area trucks are substantially more if you compare two mechanically sound vehicles.
>Looking for full-size truck, 4x4 is preferred but not necessary
>Rust free examples start at 2.5k, 2wd base models, usually v6
>Vans are literally dirt cheap in comparison, even if it's the same drivetrain
>Settle on a van at half the price and AWD with the g80 rear end

Don't fall for the buy a van meme, anons. The constant child predator harassment gets old. The constant struggle of unloading and loading is extremely tiresome. God forbid you spill any petroleum products inside transporting mechanical goods.
>Bought a used engine from some redneck
>Told me all fluids were empty, no big
>When he set the carb inside gas spilled everywhere
>Entire drive home all I could smell was gas
>Windows down on a sub zero day was miserable

Hopefully I'll have the van sold here soon. I bought a 4x4 1500 few months back and haven't regretted that decision yet.

The fuck are you talking about user?

>"Just" get a van
or, you know, just stick with what you have

I don't know how to be more clear user,
the point you were making being untruthful.

The point I made was Canter and Npr 4x4s are an expensive option in terms of initial purchase and maintenance costs. Where exactly is this either untruthful or lying.

Because compared to a 3/4ton they make redundant, they aren't a more expensive option.

How? You buy them as a cab chassis with light truck tyres and fitted as such they cannot be road registered and aren't good offroad. So to make them begin to be effective in your specified scenario you need to add 6 tyres and some sort of tray arrangement. Then you add dpf's and urea filters to the basic maintenance they share and they become more expensive in an ongoing sense given that both of those filters, which are prone to failure, cost thousands to replace.

No, your wrong. You can spec them with block tread tyres from factory. And NPR and canter don't use an adblue filter aside from the teabag filter on the pickup in the tank, which is about $6 and only needs to be replaced if the tank is contaminated. The argument about DPF is moot, since any comparable US diesel truck would use DPF as well, and they don't fuck out often anyway.

Probably a regional difference, all trucks of that size use both those filters locally to me and sure you can specify off road tyres, at a price, of a vehicle which was already similarly priced as a cab chassis.
As to dpf's not failing, we're just going to have to agree to disagree, can't count how many customers I've seen near fall over when they get quoted dpf replacement costs.

As the above poster mentioned, you can order them with offroad tyres and also super singles (in the same way an HD can be ordered as a dually or not). Your concerns of diesel emissions equipment and general upkeep are no more costly on a cab over than a pickup, an probably the opposite when factoring in twice as many injection components.

Here in leafland, rural worst case Ontario at least, used pick up trucks are GENERALLY cheaper than vans. I know because i shopped around too.Of course if you're looking for CUMMINS DIESEL FULL SIZE PICKEMUP, you'll be paying a lot more, but if you settle for a mid size, mid 00s Murican rustbucket, they TEND to be cheaper than vans since there's so many more trucks out in the country than vans. Vans are a city thing. And the vans I saw for sale were beat to shit (WORK VEHICLE LOL WHO GIVES A FUCK) whereas farmers tend to treat their vehicle in a nicer way

tayfag pls

...what?

>Europeons calling American vehicles cuckwagons
wew

Attached: 1518798867444.png (477x477, 597K)

You're right, soywagon would be more accurate.

If only europoors understood irony..

Whelp, itt the only thing an American pickup is proven to beat a van or cab-over at is taking your mother out to a dinner date, and looking pretty.
That sounds pretty metrosexual to me.

If you could read English you'd see why you're wrong. You'll never have the space, freedom, or money to drive a pickup anyways, it's like describing color to a blind person.

>implying I'm yuropean
>implying I lack the space and freedom
>implying your prized pickup engines don't power my genset
I guess you have more freedom to load up with debt on depreciating soywagons

Attached: _20180223_092900.jpg (1058x1352, 145K)

So you're a gas-huffing abbo then? You've got us beat in the freedom department there.

>it's a "van vs pick up" thread

ughh

each has their adv and disadvantages ffs

Some people need the clearance, some people don't need the 1km cubic feet of storage, some people like the driving position, some people use their pickemup as their DD and have kids too, some people have both, some people dgaf about gas because gas is cheap here, some people love the eempeegees......and (and this is what 97% of Yurofags keep forgetting) a 4x4 van in good condition will be A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE than a pick up truck that isn't a small truck....not to mention, a lot of times you don't need the fucking 2km of storage

>b-but what if one day you need to carry something REALLY BIG what now eh

you rent a u haul, fag. I use my pick em up for work and while I often use the bed to its full capacity, 80% of the times I'm cruising with a half empty bed and no, I work with chemicals so a van wouldn't work for me

tl;dr: YOU'RE A HUGE FAGGOT PLEASE RAPE YOUR FACE

American logic.

Attached: thumbnailimage.img.jpg (2235x1308, 1.59M)

>Sliding tray allows for easy access to equipment
Genius

I need to jam a 9ft board in my car. And go /out/. And drag more than 3 people cramped in a single cab.
Leaving my shit hanging out the ass end of the bed is an easy way to lose a $750 Walden.
What do i do famalam?

where do you live

>bragging about freedom
>being less free than a "gas" huffing abbo
Also embarrassing knowing those petrol sniffing abbos have a better grasp in the English language than you.

>tl,dr; pickups are better at not being work vehicles
t-t-thanks for agreeing I guess?

So does a sliding door in a van, or a van large enough to step into. The only reason you need to slide out equipment on that pile of shit is because the load area is fucking tiny.

Attached: Ford-Transit-HVAC-Package-F412.jpg (1618x1080, 199K)

you can take the top off and have a skid loader dump shit in the bed. nobody wants to drive a van with 1 ton of smelly manure in it

wow congrats, you almost cracked the code, it's almost as if vans and trucks serve different (but often overlapping) purposes, and depending on the local market, country, type of work you do, your family and other circumstances, saying "pickups are better at not being work vehicles" is retarded! but you almost got it, keep trying

>tl,dr; pickups are better at not being work vehicles
>but they aren't
You keep repeating yourself, although in a progressively aggressive and confused manner.

Neither can a van though?

no, you're the one who wants to put words in my mouth
"pickups are better at not being work vehicles" doesn't make sense because "work vehicle" is a retarded term, whatever works for my line of work won't work for someone else's like of work. Ever thought of that?

US east

What's your line of work?

also, not to mention
>circumstances

key word here, fag. I live in rural Canada, and in my line of work I have to drive on rural roads and private roads that don't get maintained regularly. This is what a city cuckvan would do

youtube.com/watch?v=L7Pq8N1LXvc

I'd love to see you try getting in your little van and drive on a mile long driveway on a farm house that hasn't been plowed in days because the owners are away for the winter and their neighbor hasn't come around yet to clean the 2ft of snow on the ground

I get dirty for money

buy yourself a comfy car and a trailer

>nobody wants to drive a van with 1 ton of smelly manure in it
Oh no, if only someone had invented something like a trailer!

Attached: t5_mit_anhaenger_01.jpg (800x533, 224K)

So now I need to keep a trailer on my property or spend 3 hours trying to rent one instead of just using my truck bed? You wouldn't make it up a lot of driveways with that rig.

lol, this. i have a 4x4 reg cab tacoma, at the end of the day it does everything i need it to. but yuropoors and ricer faggots are eternally ass ravaged about the TQ (truck question) so they cant help but throw a shitfit any time the topic comes up.

>your little van
Lol, I'm a little disappointed to see the retarded Euro hating, American ass kissing Canadian sperglord is tayfag though. I thought you were above above the cheap shots.

Maybe join the developed world with your driveways then and stop having Africa tier infrastructure.

point still stands Nigel, you stick to your 1.4L cuckvans, and on this side of the pond we'll stick to our 6.7L 4X4 RAM DODGE THE FATHER RAM THE DAUGHTER LARIAT KING RANCH 8X8 SUPER DUPER EXTRA CAB OFF ROAD TOWING PACKAGE HOLY SHIT 3.4MPG chariots.....because we can Nigel, because we are just that outrageously over the top wasteful, grandiose and just..because we fucking can....

over and out

You guys are the ones with the primitive ass horse and carriage roads. Why are your fuel costs africa tier?

This. Ruralfags can't understand how frustrating it is to finally find a street parking spot just to see you are too large for it.

>he calls gasoline petroleum
wew

Attached: 1522032895746.jpg (379x432, 38K)

>needing to step into his van

>trailer
Where the shit am i parking that? And what about slick roads?

>van
>Taking the wife to dinner

Lol

>taking the wife to dinner
>in a pickup
Not everybody aspires to look like a hillbilly when they show up to a restaurant.

>primitive ass horse and carriage roads
Still better roads and driveways than you folks apparently. You don't see us buying big ass SUVs and pickups because "we can't get up our driveway" or "the potholes".

Because you people live in a giant ass flat sheep field. Sorry we decided to inhabit land with mountains and hills. You pay 90% tax... Your roads better be fucking nice.

Even the Netherlands have tiny roads and a inordinate amount of brick pavers.

Do you have the biggest highway? No?

>america is a single state
i know geography isnt europoors strong suit but different states have different road conditions. mine ranks 5th in the nation for road quality and our roads are pretty damn good. there is almost always a new construction project going on to repair old roads
usnews.com/news/best-states/tennessee

Most conservative legislators in the nation also. They only build if they have the money.

Where I live in Texas the roads are all wide and smooth, never had an issue. I never understood the "US has shit roads" meme until I went into downtown Houston. Fucking hell how horrendous it was.

An Econoline conversion with a pick up bed, they were pretty much sold exclusively for towing big luxury 5th wheel campers.

A pickup truck can be used as a van but a van cannot be used as a pickup truck

Well you could put a cap on one of these.

Attached: Dodge-Caravan-PU-rq.png (1070x597, 1.03M)

A pickup truck cannot do this

Attached: FHH SprinterBott_01.jpg (1175x1600, 1.35M)

>pickup truck can be a van with a partition*
ftfy

Saw this yesterday, and I'm more confused than ever.

Attached: 4 door bronco wtf.jpg (1336x802, 337K)

No but you might as well get a work trailer if you got that much shit. Then you can still go out to dinner or hitch up your toy hauler for the weekend. You guys still don't get the whole work/play thing. I guess it's just always work in that shithole.

Attached: work trailer.jpg (1600x900, 76K)

No, we have a small car next to those big work vans.
We properly separate work/play.

Also, that's not a lot, that's the interior of an average service van here, they're mobile workshops.

Plenty of trades people have vans. Vans are all over the place. But only cripples drive a van as a personal vehicle.

Hmm. Another thread where euros tell us all about a place theyve never been.

If thats the case then give me a truck rec

Quigley Vans are beast.

Anything with a rack on it? No one is saying ones better than the other, except euros.

S U B U R B A N

Vans are shit