Cars as investment

Which cars are a good investment that will not depreciate like hell while you own them?

Attached: 30092D52-BD99-4B6E-B59C-AB26571ECADE.jpg (295x171, 9K)

E30's

toyota landcruiser

>Which cars are a good investment that will not depreciate like hell while you own them?
Lmao... none? Cars as an investment is a horrible idea. Unless your grandad bought some shit for like a few thousand bucks in the 40s-60s and left it forgotten in a shed or barn, you found it and cleaned it up AND found some rich boomer to buy it you're not going to net any money. Even still, a $100k return in 80 years isn't a good investment

I mean I'm not planning to make money out of it, but it would be nice to limit the amount of money I lose I guess..

Then buy 3-4 years old after they've taken the big depreciation hit

Toyotas are great at holding their value
Classic cars are great at increasing their value but usually are unreliable and expensive to fix

That means that a classic Toyota is the way to go.
(Any classic will hold or increase their value, just dont overpay)

What about the Toyota 86?

this desu, buy land instead.

Jeep Cherokee

WRX, Tacoma, 90s Hondas

For some reason the off-roady type of cars have very low depreciation
FJ Cruiser
Landcruiser
Tacoma
Jeep Wrangler
Dont expect to make money off them though

The only cars that appreciate at a rate that actually makes sense to use them as an investment are the super and hyper cars
La Ferrari
F40
F50
Mclaren F1
P1
The early 2000s Ford GT too if you bought them at low price

Unless you've miraculously found an untouched unicorn car in a landfill somewhere, it's better to just keep an eye on global trends in terms of investments and buy some stock. It's cheaper and easier to manage compared to maintaining a car you plan to sell off in the future.

Rare older classics.

Cars are generally not good investments. If you want ROI, best to invest in a broad stock portfolio. Boring.

What you really want with a car is experience and not to lose your ass. That's success.

This
I bought a '69 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet last year. Almost all original except for wheels, minor suspension, and some interior components. Put another $8k into it as "finishing touches" to make it Barrett-Jackson worthy.

It was appraised at $115k. My total investment was $52k. I'm preserving it, leaving it in my garage, and seeing what happens to its value as its brothers and sisters rust away in cornfields.

Attached: 54B6AB8D-391A-4856-83E1-3F1CB0D26119.jpg (400x300, 22K)

Super high end ones that you can't afford and will only be worth (marginally) more than the sticker price if they're immaculately maintained and only then after like 60 years.

The Elise would count, at least in Australia. Trouble is they will only appreciate as long as you keep the mileage down, and otherwise they will more or less hold their value pretty steady. For now, at least. The cost of owning one though probably negates the cost of depreciation.

Probably a series 1 Jaguar E-type, but those are getting a bit expensive, so a clean series 3 coupe would probably be a better investment

Manual Porsches and BMW M-cars.

Attached: 1482980594477.jpg (750x500, 55K)

BMW M2
GT350
Hellcat Challenger
Demon Challenger
Porsche 911 GT3 (all generations)
Toyota Supra Twin Turbo manual
Honda NSX manual
Cobra Terminator Mustang

Just get something you'll be excited or at least not unhappy to be driving all the time. If you like it, it's not a waste.

It's amazing how much S2000s in general have gone up in value over the past few years.

people who like this car will die off in the next 10 years, so you might want to ditch it before the market kicks the bucket.

here in Germany E36 are already going up in price too

Model t

if you get one cheap now they might hold their value

>Hellcat Challenger
I can see why a Demon would be since it was a limited production run, but a Hellcat?

>NSX
>FD
>skylines
>any MR2
all of these have hit rock bottom and are coming up