/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Tfw no good rome mods edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk
youtube.com/watch?v=K92g8mtqXBE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/23

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3 (embed)

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df (embed)

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13889375
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did we ever get a good Rome mod?

No, only unfinished/garbage mods.

WHERE MY FEAST KNIGGAS AT?

>me like smash bad guys
ME SMASH NIGGER

me on the left

constantinople reconquest party

me on the right

me on the right

tasteful decor

me looking at window

So, im a bit confused on what i should do with my points now. Seems to be more useful to level companions on stuff like trainer or tactics, any advice?

Doesn't hurt to get a bit of trainer on yourself since it stacks. Maybe get 2 points in surgery for the (+1). Other than that it's not too important.

trainer you can give to everybody and it will stack, unlike the rest of the party skills. personally i like to have tactics, and a little pathfinding to stack on whomever is my main pathfinder. other than that, idk like combat skills and shit, maybe leadership, prison management, and/or persuasion depending on your play style

shoutouts to king ragnar, long may he reign

duh, well, surgery and trainer then
persuasion nah, the rest ya, so im getting those too.
What about levelling a doctor companion? I picked up the groups whitout ymira and jeremus, anyone is fine? They all seems pretty inclined towards fighiting

always the brooder

why you gotta be like that mang, enjoy yourself!

Dickplomacy doesn't have spear bracing, does it?

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

Fuck, I don't know which one to pick.

Fierdsvain and Empire seem quite suited for easy sieges, whereas D'Shar seems the best for field battles (mounted units are king). I am having a hard time committing to one.

strawpoll.me/13889375

Pathfinding and Surgery is probably the most useful "party" skills, so you definitely want to get those to 2 for the +1 bonus (imho definitely worth getting to 5 for +2). You don't necessarily need to dedicate your guy into a party skill bitch, but those are definitely worth the point investment for the leader bonus alone.

Trainer isn't really worth getting until later, so you will have high enough level to actually train shit. It is great to get on companions though.

Party Skills that are worth getting on *someone* are:

All of them

>it's another 'user puts meme answers in his strawpoll' episode

no

Don't make fun of me.

>that poll
thanks doc

>angry caocao
More like
>angry caca

Fuck. PBOD has it, right?

new bannerlord dev blog, talking about the world map in detail

you lying FUCK

it isn't even necessary

blog girl is cute!

Nothing is necessary.

In a game in which the horsemen are fucking overpowered there are few things more necessary than that.
Inb4 just hire more horsemen.

you don't need spear bracing you just need spears that aren't shit and spearmen that aren't shit

Dont most mods put in those polearm fixes and increase their dmg against horses,i know same mods also have the WFAS pike bracing shit

There's a programmer girl at my job who looks like the one in campaign design blog and i masturbated in the toliet after talking to her for five minutes once
not the highest point of my life

a number of mods just give bonus damage for polearms against horses in formation, a lot use the pbod pike bracing which is different

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

That's autistic

i'm not autstic user
just lonely

[insert the meme question]

Have you tried Warwolf

This is Rhodok soil.

You are lkonly and autistic.
But so do I.

Will there be the Calradian equivalent of Varangians in Bannerlord?

i was wondering where the fuck you've been

Sturgians are Nords+Slavs making them perfect Varangian candidates

are there any good narrative mods? im playing light and darkness right now. its definitely a nice change of pace since most mods are totally open like native

VC has a story mode

i dropped VC after getting to the boats. maybe i overreacted, but that seemed lika an annoying mechanic. i also went straight to VC after native

a lot of people here seem to say VC is better than native, whats the reason?

boats seemed annoying?
>a lot of people here seem to say VC is better than native, whats the reason?
more features? every mod is better than Native basically

has loads of new features and mechanics, completely different balance, pretty difficult too

Rhodok best faction forever.

do you guys use permadeath?

i was probably overthinking it, but acquiring the necessary number of boats for the troops i wanted and keeping track of where i left the boats seemd annoying. also the naval battles seemed kind of shitty. i only ever had 1 boat, i though it might get more complicated with additional boats

Truth. So great that Bannerlord has evaded echoing the supremecy that is Rhodok.

What's a good tactic to fight Rhodoks?
There are the only thing left in my Conquest.

no, there's no permadeath in VC anyway
there's "permadeath" in storymode but it just boots you to the menu, you can reload
>but acquiring the necessary number of boats for the troops i wanted
there's a guide on steam, basically save up loads of cash, order busses from nordic towns (only places they can be made) made from oak, and you have to have a unit of lumber, wool, and tar in your inventory for it to be made as well as the 50k~
busses hold 90 men and you can have a max of 7 ships with maxed sea king
>and keeping track of where i left the boats seemd annoying
not really, you just leave them at a town or by the shore, i've never lost a boat by leaving them at shores either
also the quarters mechanic is really great if you can't fit all the men in your boat and have no castle
>also the naval battles seemed kind of shitty
it's just boarding
> i though it might get more complicated with additional boats
nah

is it a compelling story? i did actually enjoy the narrative so far

Assimilation or emulation is the proper course of action.

it's alright

so basically light and darkness and VC are my options if i want some imposed direction?

I'm holding out hope that we'll get to see proto-Rhodoks in Vlandia since Vlandia seems to be what Swadia used to be, and Bannerlord is a prequel to Warband in which Rhodoks used to be part of Swadia until they won their independence in a civil war.

i think there's that evlat mod has a story
wfas has storylines but they're buggy

Does anyone know if there is an autoclicker that works in Warband?

I need one for moving garrisons around.

Alternatively is there a "take all" mod for managing garrisons? (that doesn't interfere with savegames)

read the pastebin

What about that Dynasty Warriors mod?

thanks

what is your favorite mod?

i havnt played too many, but id have to say phantasy calradia. the magic system is pretty cool, especially throwing a fireball into a crowd. the biggest drawback is that any new locations are copy pasted native, even though theyre called shit like the crystal spire

Dynasty Warriors of course.

also want to ask what other mods let you cast spells

Is there any way to make a "Custom" Knighthood order promote from non-Pendor Knights? Even with modifying files etc.

Nova Aetas

damn, those assets/levels look really nice. is that the mod with the bullshit traits where you arent allowed to have too much or too little food without major consequences?

>working on same ded game for 5 years
You can see in her eyes that she is dead inside

Yes, it's also busy work mod because le medieval class system.

>major
It is literally -2 morale per week. You make that morale back in 1 game hour

I remember there was a good cowboy mod for original mountain blade, what was it called, and are there any new ones to check out?

1866,and no, just play that one

excellent for growing olives I hear
here's 5 denars for 10 tonnes, keep the change

Damn, you even got strippers

Everything about that image is hideous.

It's one of those images where you can notice something new every time you look at it.

what is this

>horse stamina
How soon until we get horse tripping mods?

obsessed

t. Cockzer

>horse trips
>breaks its leg
>glue appears in your inventory
t-thanks

That cape is glorious. Why can't I garb myself in clothes that spite 3dpd in-game? It would help with immersion certainly.

i saw one guy with the "ugly" trait, i.e. too much food, that was like -1000 honour or reputation to marry or something like that. i think it was in the last thread, maybe 2 ago

you ever feel like there's someone invisible behind you?

she's a cute

This concept is great. Some additional things that should be added to this:

1) Horses can randomly trip while running and max speed
2) This exponentially increases while walking backwards - as per the original design
3) The chances of tripping will increase greatly on jumping depending on the velocity on impact. The rate of increase would be such that jumping over other cavalrymen and jumping onto lower terrain would almost assuredly cause the horse to stumble.

The most important part however:

4) When the horse stumbles the player is always flung from the horse taking physics based damage based on weight and velocity.
5) If the fall damage causes incapacitation there is a chance of immediate attribute loss to your character

Get to it Bannerlord.

Reminds me of Runescape's old ass ghost robes or whatever they were called.

Dammit now i want ot play that game again...

>programmer
>understands player invented emergent narratives
10/10 makes me doubt my rational hatred of 3dpd

really horses need a revamp to some degree.

like they should automatically jump in certain circumstances or turn away from shield-walls and spears depending on the kind of training they get.

The main problem isn't really with horses but armored horses. Note that the Kherjit aren't considered overpowered despite the entire faction being mounted. When it comes to that the reason why armored horses are stupid is that they basically serve to multiply the effective health of their rider against troops that cannot efficiently hit the rider... Which is most infantry units in Native. This is worsened in that you have to be closer to the rider to hit them but being too close causes the horse to interrupt the swing completely - Making weapons that are TOO long even worse than short reach weapons in some cases.

Even armored mounted units can do surprisingly badly in many mods against Two-hander and Polearm swarms. Especially if they travel in a dense blob and not in a retarded thin line. And especially since many of these mods have "shock infantry" style troops that can actually efficiently kill the damn horse.