Ass

Sometimes I wonder what could've been

Attached: 2560x1440.png (2560x1440, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/holden-marilyn.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know right U seppos where about to get a real Aussie ute and they pulled the plug
There's lefthand utes but I bet they cost a pretty penny

Attached: IMG_20180314_135357.jpg (938x527, 134K)

More shitty rebadges.

We could've still had our own Miata fighter.

Attached: pontiac solstice insides1.jpg (1280x960, 144K)

Way too fat.

get a skateboard faggot

A skateboard would look better at least

you'd be more comfortable on one too. solstice is uncomfortable as fuck for anyone over 6'.

>2877 lbs
could have been worse, V8 swapped solstices haul ass

Lol lanklets btfo
Rip

i always thought this just looked stupid

it always looks like it just has its ass high in the air

>it always looks like it just has its ass high in the air
hot

The Saturn looked better.

Attached: 2009-saturn-sky-9.jpg (1600x1032, 241K)

Wat ya reckon about the Marylin?

m.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/holden-marilyn.htm

Attached: holden-marilyn5.JPG.jpg (300x308, 15K)

Convertible versions of anything but small sports cars is extremely gay IMO.

Awww

Small sports car convertibles are probably the gayest though. Just look at the Miata.

>fiero

>how to make the corvette team cry: the story

I know but the Miata was built from the ground up to be gay and targets a specific kind of buyer. convertible verions of cars like the Mustang, Camaro, Corvette (or in this case Manaro) usually attract california valley women with those big ass sunglasses and small dogs in their purse or middle aged balding men trying to look young with the top down.

Basically a car trying to be something it wasn't structurally intended to be is especially gay (doesn't help that a lot of times chopping the roof off fucks with the chassis rigidity where as cars like the S2000 and Miata retain almost if not all their rigidity) you often end up with a car with completely compromised handling and performance all in the name of aesthetics.

This. Pontiac died because it embarased Chevy's baby. They were always supposed to be the sporty ones but GM execs got greedy.

According to Bob Lutz, there were plans to take Pontiac entirely RWD and make them a BMW competitor with a majority of the cars being on the Alpha chassis including the G5 and G6. ANd then there'd have been the G8, G8 ST (ute) and the G8 SW (sportwagen). There was also a Zeta chassis sister car to the Camaro in the works that would've been the GTO (RIP Firebird)

They could have made Sonic/Cruze hot hatches to compete against Ford but of course Cletus wouldn't buy those and GM hates you.

Got to try one the other day. Damn fun car, but is right about them being fat. Also the car screams GM in more ways than is healthy for a sporty car.

Thinking of buying one of these soon. Bad idea? 6.0L v8 361hp 385terks. A simple tune will get you 35whp. We all know "pontiac" isnt in business but you can get all the parts from chevy.

Attached: qA_800.jpg (800x450, 101K)

The GT or the GXP? The GT will run you 10k-20k. The GXP will be much harder to find and easily be over 20k. Go for it if you can find one.

Theres a few gts on my area. All 3 are around 13k-16k.

If they have over 100k, try and talk closer to $10k. If they have sub 90k, pay it. Worth it imo.

If you can keep saving, you could get a 100k GXP for about $17k-20k. Much more worth it since it comes in a manual.

Shame the trans am they made instead was literally just cosmetics and looked shocking
Good cars user

Be aware parts may be an issue in the future tho anything besides the drive chain and engine

Parts are cheap here tho

Best of luck

It was never going to be a Cadillac, homie.

poor old nigger thinks it's a cadillac

this, the Fiero is like a classical tragedy. Most people who shit on it don't realize that the '88 is a different car compared to '83 or '84. The Fiero barely passed by GMs product department, they had to brand it as an economy enthusiast car to even get it into development. They were forced to use the parts bin for nearly everything, despite the fact it was intended to be a performance car. The build quality suffered, the car was anemic and the handling was less than desirable, but the Fiero still sold.

After the engine fires that plagued the '84, the Fiero had its first series of redesigns, and '85/'86 saw improvements to handling and safety. This was the first actually decent Fiero, although it was still almost the same car as the first iterations. '87 had a much bigger improvement, and '88 is the creme of the crop, outside of the '89 and '90 prototypes. The '88 had better 4-wheel discs, lotus suspension and more power, as well as much better reliability characteristics.Pontiac spent quite a bit redeveloping core components and it paid off.

During this time, the Fiero surprisingly never sold at a loss, and even later on, after the fire scandals, stilll made a profit for GM. If you ask me, the death knell came when an experimental Fiero with the Grand National engine completely destroyed the C4 in nearly every stat. The corvette team god embarassed, and GM, citing decreasing sales, pulled the plug. Pontiac was already in the midst of shitboxization, and all they really had left was the Firebird, then the Solstice and other Holden rebadged until they finally died out. The Fiero wasnt the best car, it trailed behind the MR2 and although better in some aspects, was an interior car until '88, until which point it became somewhat competitive. Despite this, I think it has its place in history, and saying it's one of the worst cars of all time is disingenuous to what the story of the car really is, and what it meant for the American car industry.

No, convertible GT's are top tier.

>Pontiacs btfoing Chevy at every turn
This was the natural state of things until the 90's

A 4th gen Formula Firebird WS6 would beat a Camaro SS.
Not by much, but it would.

Too bad they had to make shit like the Sunfire, Montana and Aztek until they died. In every gen, the firebird was always respectable