What do you think of slut shaming?

What do you think of slut shaming?
Is it ethically correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalfloss.com/uk/movies/29707/11-movies-that-changed-because-of-test-audiences
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

& humanities was a mistake

yes desu

>Ethics

roasties have been mean to me since middle school why shouldn't I be mean back?

word. this board was dead on arrival.

Bet u fags also think some women deserve rape

>he doesnt know the difference between morals and ethics

Doesn't matter they're both spooks

lol such a convenient philosophy

shaming is a necessary function humans developed. I think it serves it;s purpose in many cases. To what extent? IDK

humans have developed a lot of shitty functions senpai thats not really a good arguement

would one of these shitty function be sluttiness?
consider, sexually promiscous women would probably be far more likely to carry STD's, and before the invention of the pill, and other birth control devices, being sexually loose would result in more unwanted children.
these can generally be agreed as symptons that are negative to society, and thus, society should regulate it, whether through education or even shaming.

there's no real difference between people who slut shame and those people in the middle east and africa who stone/burn alive improper women

I don't know, would another one be a socially stunted permavirgin that thinks he's 'le redpilled', which causes even more permavirginity so that future generations will have no idea what either a /pol/ or a /r9k/ even is?

why resort to namecalling?
do you have an actual argument that refutes mine?

>there's no real difference between people who slut shame and those people in the middle east and africa who stone/burn alive improper women
I think there is a difference between people who are literally murdering women versus those who simply call them names.
To equate them as being equal does a disservice to those women who actually have to face those challenges in less enlightened parts of the world.

ive no doubt that it has its reason to exist otherwise it wouldnt exist in the first place
however its shitty in this day and age

same way religion is a function people used thats mostly irrelevant nowadays

same way for racism, nationalism

both would murder if they could, but only one is allowed to

how do you know

It is every person's duty, as a society to put pressure onto people that fall short. Regardless of aspect, if you fall short in something you should be reassured that society will pressure you into bettering yourself. This goes for every single way you could fall short in society.

You will fall short in certain things yourself, and as you pressure others to not fall short in things you should be able to be confident that society will pressure you into helping you as well.

This doesn't happen, because people are fucking retarded.

If it makes me feel better about not having a gf by calling them names and looking down on them, I am all for it.

because people vocally express the wish that those women should die

e.g. read #10

mentalfloss.com/uk/movies/29707/11-movies-that-changed-because-of-test-audiences

Leviticus 19:17 You shall not hate any of your kindred in your heart. Reprove your neighbor openly so that you do not incur sin because of that person. 18 Take no revenge and cherish no grudge against your own people. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

are you being retarded on purpose
how does that prove anything that you said

why do i have to prove it?

it's my opinion which is what op asked for, supported by general observation

I think it's okay to call women out who behave like sluts but don't think it's right to kill them. Checkmate

yet there are several lines in the bible that say that sluttiness is wrong.

I don't think it's ethically wrong to be a slut no.

But I will say that it's pretty clear to me as a man that women tend to call each other out as sluts way more than men do to women.

It makes no logical sense at all for a man to hate a slut, unless he is extremely committed to an Abrahamic religion.