Honda S2000

Is this car actually worth it or just a meme? I was very close to buying one but then the owner sold it right before I could finalize the deal.

Attached: s2k.jpg (450x256, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=md523liL01k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do you like it? then get it. good car is the car you like

s2000 engine is a legend, and car's prices are still slowly going up. even if you'd get one and would stop loving it for some reason, you would probably sell it without loss

This
Buying one now is probably a good investment because there are so few of them

Isn’t every part exclusive to the S2000?

If you're going to buy one, buy the AP1 not the AP2. The AP2 is a meme.

its a pretty damn good car get it.

Love mine. Try to get one with few to no mods.

God car with one of the best engines and gauge clusters out there.

Attached: honda-s2000.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

not a meme for sure. its solid. not the fastest car obviously but its a great little fucker.

This, you'll hate the drive by wire in the ap2 among other things.

ap2 is fine as well.
Veeky Forums is the meme.

a very nice car. there are other faster for the same price, but not as fun as this.

The s2k in my eyes is probably one of the most unique road legal cars ever made.
So yea I would say that its a meme, but a very good one.

But i dont know man, if you rode the car and still arent sure then maybe its not for you. When i was test driving it i could not wipe the grin off my face when i hit vtec for the first time.

I liked the car, I couldn't fully experience it because it was straight piped and had a terrible drone throughout most of the rev range. That being said the car felt very tight.

What held me back was that the car had a salvage title(it was cosmetic damage) and money was tight at the time. Its sold anyways and S2000s are hard to come by where I live.

I already have two cars, I was just really keen into buying an S2000 because of its reputation and cult following.

I mean it’s definitely a fun car and all but I wouldn’t call a roadster unique by any metric...

Except not all AP2s are drive by wire, they have more aggressive gearing, a taller overdrive gear, and more power. The only gripe is that it only revs to 8,200rpm.

Underpowered meme shit

I would get one if I can find one with a hard top. I don't like convertibles.

How would a cheap AP1 compare to a 2ZZ MR2 Spyder?

Veeky Forums is in fact meme.

Both versions are good, but if you're actually going to drive it, go AP2. Every person I've seen race and AP1 eventually just trades up for and AP2 and doesn't regret it.

>> stronger, more reliable engine
>> better gearing
>> stiffer chassis
>> can be tuned with an OBD-II Hondata

Long story short:
AP1 has better numbers
AP2 is the better driver

Attached: 2de4b208-02d6-4b15-9814-9603d7f8033d.large.jpg (900x507, 57K)

Attached: IMG_20180324_145040429_HDR.jpg (1536x2048, 2.17M)

>more reliable
The oil burning f20's are all known. The bad apples have all blown up already.
If you find an ap1 with 117 miles on it maybe use caution.

it depends on what the price is. I just watched a youtube video comparing a s2000 to a newest gen mx5. Apparently, used, they both go for around 17K.

I wouldn't want to pay over 8g's for an s2000. Even if they are the best roadster. I guess you do have the investment aspect to it. It could go even high in price. All that takes the fun out of it. I would rather get more cars vs 1 s2000. You could get a nice miata, a corvette, and something on the side.

>oil consumption problems
>ugly headlights/taillights
>weak valve retainers

The AP1 is a meme. People swear by it but then they dump shit tons of money into them to install AP2 parts. Also, not all AP2s are drive by wire.

>buy s13 for 3k
>put upper-end turbo on it, spoiler, sport seats, cold air intake, suspension upgrades, the works
>now worth 2k

>buy s2k for 9k
>put upper-end turbo on it, spoiler, sport seats, cold air intake, suspension upgrades, the works
>now worth 15k

how and why

>3k s13
what, where, i want one

terrible condition ones in my area can sell for 3k, lil bit of an exaggeration.

People want a clean Schassis for their own projects, therefore no market for an already riced one

My expierence looking into these.
1) get the AP1 it is more fun
2) it's not cheap to make power. It doesn't need it but odds are you will want that bit more and it's not cheap
3) cool cars but I'm a hardtop guy and a nice hard top is thousands of dollars
4)there's fuck nothing for room. It should be a secondary car.

They work well for daily driving and cruises but you best pick up something else for convenience and livability sake.
If you live in a place like I do where the roads are 95% straight stretches and 5% mild curvs the car becomes under whelming. It's not quick but not fast and it's glory is in the corners.

Attached: 1521689298586.gif (200x200, 948K)

AP2**** fuck sakes.
It is an upgrade over the AP1. Drive both if you want to see why. The stealerships were fantastic for letting me test them.

>muh mods
Neither are cheap for power.

>It is an upgrade over the AP1. Drive both if you want to see why.
I driven my sister's AP2 and hitting redline in it isn't as fun as hitting redline in my AP1.

Will the S2K engine fit in a Honda Fit?

maybe in the back seat

What's the least suspecting car that will fit the S2K?
I want to create the ultimate sleeper.

pretty much this

youre not going to sleep anything with a f20/22c motor unless you turbo it, at that point just use a cheaper, easier to find and modify k20 motor.

s2000 frontend swap a del sol then do a twin engine conversion to give it AWD (FF/MR)
youtube.com/watch?v=md523liL01k

Attached: 7423_1167821654.jpg (600x449, 76K)

S2k owner adding onto this guy brings up a good point on mods.

The most depressed S2000 drivers are the ones that caught the modding bug from a WRX, Evo, or SRT-4 and thought they'd get the same returns on and S2k.

S2000 are great out of the box, even the suspension, and you'll be paying a fuck ton for parts to most likely get a reduction in performance and/or reliability. Smart S2000 owners just drive the car they have or mod it for a specific race class (did SCCA B-street myself).

If you're looking to mod or tinker, literally any other car is better. Even a K-series Civic can make more power with mods.

Attached: e123a01e-a296-4608-84b6-674bd0142a09.large.jpg (1352x900, 90K)

Honda's meme miata.
Don't buy.

Better buy Lada 2107

THIS
Stop stealing my replacement engines and driving up the fucking price for lame projects that mostly don't work out.

Hey guys I'm going to be saving to buy a import S2000 cause I want that right wheel drive. Does anyone know any of the differences between the JDM specs and USA specs, just don't wanna order then have fucked up.

Attached: BA696353-432A-4D6C-BB61-D4A388589887_3.jpg (480x360, 27K)

This. I DD’d an AP1 for almost 4 years. It was a fun car, but checking the oil level every time I put gas in the car got annoying. It was twitchy as hell, and the 50/50 weight distribution made recovering from a loss of traction dicey if you’re inexperienced. Enter a corner a little to fast? Don’t lift off the gas pedal. Also a plastic rear window in the earlier models and a roof that would rip from the factory.

I loved driving that car, but if I had the choice I would take the AP2.

Attached: 61422D45-6842-4FB9-BB5E-9EF9C7152D3E.jpg (259x194, 15K)