/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Hardcore mensis metalhead dude edition

Awooo xDdd: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

SEGALT IS PENIS

SEGALT IS PENIS

*unzips*
pshhht nothin personell kiddi

Hardcore autistic nolifer edition

>the gothic horror
>the core theme of tampering with forbidden knowledge
>prehuman civilizations with eldritch knowledge
>ancient prehuman ruins
>loss of humanity/de-evolution themes in insight and beasthood
>the core theme of human insignificance in the face of abhorrently ancient history and the wider universe at large
>that sneaky reference to The Outsider when you leave the Research Hall
>Amygdala's tentacle face
>the Fishing Hamlet
>literally calling them Great Ones
>mad scientist Choir and mad cultish Mensis

Are you sure you've actually read Lovecraft? Because this game absolutely gushes over him and 'major inspiration' doesn't really sell how deeply ingrained Lovecraft is here, both on the surface and underneath in the very story of the game. The game is aesthetically 'Victorian', it's aesthetically gothic, but thematically Lovecraftian through and through. They did such a good job integrating his ideas in such a fresh and non-obnoxious way I refuse to belittle it. My point is the Nightmare, as an alien dimension, works akin to the Dreamlands, where ancient things and peoples continue to persist through time, a dimension accessed via sleep for humans, but accessed differently for other creatures. If you'll recall, in Dream-Quest, the Ghouls get there by going underground. In the Gug city, Carter notices he's getting dangerously close to the surface where the Ghouls would exit, and if he does, he'll wake up.

Is there a way to tell which NG I'm on?

How many Mensis Cages you've got

check the number of tear stones/blood gems

>threaded cane does serrated and righteous
WEAPONFU

>CHURCH PICK DOES SERRATED AND RIGHTEOUS DAMAGE IN BOTH FORMS AND PURE FUCKING THRUST IN TRICKED MODE

>church pick does righteous, serrated and thrust
my weaponfu is better

Church Pick is the true patrician weapon of the game

My Amy Arm looks like a delicious chicken wing and makes smashy and also big swing claw

i like the saws because they're not useless

Are koran gems essentially required to participate in /bbg/ FCs or am I alright just by using ensis gems?

In all fairness, the Church Pick is an amazing utility weapon for just about every situation, outclasses the saws mostly, Amy Arm not really, but it's more FUN.

>implying the boom hammer isn't the true patricians choice

Choirsluts FTW

Fun is all that matters desu

FRC gems are ideal, Korean gems are optional most times

>camera unlocks from amygdala's head as I go for a final swing
>immediately jumps, stunning me and putting me in a kill zone
Thanks, game.

Without gems you better be real fucking good.

Gemmed autismo builds will kill you in 2-4 hits.

By Allah, you'll get your shit kicked in pretty hard, since autism gems are noticeably more powerful than Mensis gems. Not necessary, per se, but it's usually better to have them.

do you get anything for sending the Skeptical Man to Iosefka's Clinic?

Mensis gems are noticeably worse but you could just go for sub korean 25.5s that you can get from watchers and you wont really be able to tell the difference

Insight and some lead elixirs

To get him to move there you gotta tell him to head to the Chapel

>all this and it still does shit damage

The damage is perfectly fine for its speed tier

Anyone want to help me with the nazgul and Rom on NG+2? I'm ringing in front of shadow"s fog with pass bbg

is there any reason to use a weapon that doesnt scale up to S in its category?

the least korean are watcher gems and in a non arc build there's little to no difference with other gems. Mensis/DLC gems will take you just one/two more hits to kill, that's all

Scaling doesn't always make a weapon good. Saws don't have S in either Str/Skl but they're definitely top tier

>that sneaky reference to The Outsider when you leave the Research Hall
Ayo holup, what's the reference? Other than the action of climbing and then exiting the hall itself being very similar

Abyssal gems.

Yes, movesets

Is 9 end enough for untricked bow and bb/bom?
How is ACB with 40arc if I went 40/40 instead?

If you even have to ask then just go back to Skyrim

This desu

I originally got him to the Chapel by acciddnt because I knew the clinic was full of shit and I tried to het him killed. Foolish me, suspicious man is one of the best characters.

Bow yes, BB and BoM no

9 End is enough for my Skl/Arc build, 40 Arc won't be great for ACB but it's nice for other Tools

Give up, your meme wont become a thing. You didn't even put any effort, the choir headgear is not even recognizable.

This isn't a meme, it's what you are, you dumb waifunigger.

>posted the wrong pic

damn it they are the main reason I want to try skl/arc build. Guess it's time to level past 98 as I don't want to drop the Bow

Maybe with two anti runes I guess. I want a call beyond mainly for aesthetic purposes but I think I'll rather stick with 50/30

I use those weapons with 9 End and just the 20% Anti-Clock Rune fine enough tbqh. I'd say stick to 50/30

>try to use other weapons
>make build for other weapons
>just go back to church pick
JUST

CHURCH PICK IS WEAPONFU

Anyone up for Nightmare of Mensis? Only have a +6 Cane since I want to save my chunks for an Uncanny Burial Blade. I'll be ringing at lamp with the PW crow

Indeed.

>try to use other weapons
>make build for other weapons
>just go back to saw spear
sometime I wish it wasn't the best weapon in the game

People will tell you it's """"fine"""" at 9 end, but I'd personally rather have fun than fine. But it's up to you. BoM doesn't take a lot but is much more fun when your movement isn't so limited, and BB demands a fair amount. Two antis would be fine but then of course you're limiting your clocks at 40 vit. Again, up to your personal preference. 50/30 over 40/40 I'd say

>9 end with one stam rune provides 109 stamina
nice, I'll do the pic related build then. thanks user

Jesus Christ there's a meme about how there's a weaponfu for everyone that I wish I had to post

Saws were for the deranged maniacs
Cane for neckbeards wanting to be classy
And some others

Why aren't there more gem effects, like hp on hit or something

Axe is for stupid negroids :^)

Huh you might be right, I have an 8end shitcage build but BoM is completely different and I use one on my build with 40 endurance.
I will leave it at 9 and will level up to ~103 if I won't like it as I can't really cut points anywhere and I don't want

>gem that builds up frenzy but removes all scaling from the weapon akin to Raw in souls

THANK YOU

You made me remember what the image was and here it is

>I have an 8end shitcage build but BoM is completely different and I use one on my build with 40 endurance.
>that whole sentence
I meant to say I use BoM on my build with 40 end and it will feel really weird to go from there to 9end.
also 8 end is fine when you are using chikage but not bom
geez im tired gn /bbg/

so which gem is better for a Hunter Axe;

Blunt ATK UP +8.8%
Add physical ATK +5.4

or

Physical ATK UP +7.3%
Phys UP at full HP +2.7%

Basically, the act of climbing all the goddamn up this huge ass tower and finding what outside it? Solid ground. Mirrors the act of the narrator from the story in which basically the same thing happens, only he finds a graveyard because he's a zombie instead of a nightmare fishing village.

>charges R2s
>walk back

I know who you are, bitch.

More Phys, theres more Phys attacks than Blunt attacks iirc

Anyone spelunking or farming?

>tfw you realize Earthen Peak tower is a Lovecraft reference

Ringing by fog, Hibiki.

>Kill him but his ACB gets me

I know too who you are: a waifunigger.

I feel like crying irl because after today Katka may no longer be with us.

>giving a shit about a waifunigger

Katka and some other user we may know

Had redo my female hunter, And I even have a backstory for her.

Backstory: Julien has always had a troubled childhood. Her father was always away on hunts, And her mother never really knew how to care for her. Leaving the young girl to do as she pleased, Much to her fathers chagrin.

Whenever her father wasn't on his hunts, He would tell her stories of how much fun it was to hunt. The thrill, The blood, The smell of beasts, It was almost as if her father was drunk from each hunt that he came back from. So she asked her father:

"What happens if a hunter goes bad?".

It was then that she found the one thing that she would never forget.

Her father then placed his curious daughter onto his lap, He then pulled something from under the old chair, Something that he hid from his wife ever since they married:

A pair of blades finely sharpened, And locked together as one.

Her father then split the blades apart quietly as not let his wife hear them. He then began to explain to his daughter what the blades were and what he did with them. He told her about how he used these blades on what he called "Targets", Whenever a hunter was labeled a threat, He would use these blades to take care of them. And as for his services he would get a "Prize" as a reward.

His daughter became more curious and a little excited to hear this. And her father then proceeded to teach her, And tell her about everything.

40 years went by....

40 years that she wishes that she could spend with her father....

But her father is dead....

By her mother no less....

I have many names.

What do the men of the Choir think of their slutty female co workers?

(cont)

She found out what he had done behind her back, And killed him with the very blades that he showed her when she was a little girl. Julien's father was killed, And on her 13th birthday too. She found her father, In his own blood, While her mother stood over him. Clutching the twin blades in each hand.

It was this display that she completely snapped.

She lunged at her mother, Rage in her eyes like a beast lusting after blood, And snapped her mothers neck, Then proceeded to stab her lifeless body with the twin blades.

It was her first kill....and it felt so good.

After this, She gave her father a proper funeral and then began to dedicate her life to her fathers "Secret line of work". Using her skills as a hunter for hire.

>that face

I liked Earthen Peak because it was weird and magical...

Honestly, it's the whole reveal of the secret deal that makes the Astral Clocktower exit a reference, as well as the actual manner of exiting.

>that face
>this cringey ass backstory

Is is ironic right?

I appreciate the backstory an creativity but she's hideous, my man.

Thanks, Hibiki. I'll be ringing by Mergo's Loft Middle if you're up for more. There's a free slot for anyone who wants to join, PW crow

This sucks. You suck.

I miss scas.

it's actually another of my normiebook gems

fug :DDDDDD

>choir
>men
the choir is a club of slutty girls who crave the BEC (big eldritch cock)

I'll be ringing by the chest, Hibiki

Katka what part of florida are you from? I don't want to meet you I'm just curious if you'll die.

t. tampafag

Relevant image
Katka's near Orlando iirc

Oh we're both gonna be fine then. Him more than me probably

Why did he leave, anyway?

How can humans even compete?

>Co-operator Hibiki returned to their own world

>when you and your wife of 8 years divorce and you were going to kill yourself but decided to play Bloodborne first because you missed out on launch and ended up here with you faggots for the past few months genuinely enjoying yourself instead

Thanks

Sorry, think my nets acting up.

what version of wheel do I want for flat arc?

>when you and your wife of 8 years divorce
Sup y'all this is Marcus also known as you know who and welcome to Yharnam FM!