/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 8th of September:
1831 – William IV and Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
1831 – November Uprising: Battle of Warsaw ends, effectively ending the Insurrection.
1860 – The steamship Lady Elgin sinks on Lake Michigan, with the loss of around 300 lives.
1862 – Millennium of Russia monument unveiled.
1863 – American Civil War: Second Battle of Sabine Pass: On the Texas-Louisiana border at the mouth of the Sabine River, a small Confederate force thwarts a Union invasion of Texas.
1888 – In Spain, the first travel of Isaac Peral's submarine, the first submarine ever made.

>News
CK2 DD 04/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1042377
EU4 DD 05/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1042506

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes 0.033
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/loup99/WtWSMS
archived.moe/vg/thread/187933513
archived.moe/vg/thread/187933860/
reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/6yoxmc/hpmhfm_historical_flavour_mod_v123/
youtube.com/watch?v=75F5RaU5wSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

>no WtWSMS
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

no one gives a shit fuck off

You are not helping, he's just posting this so HPM can see it and fix it. Even if it wasn't, he's still posting GS.

Thanks, lad. Lefty/pol/ is especially tedious on this issue because they don't want genocide in the game at all, so they shitpost everytime I mention it being broken, because they want it to remain unusable.
If you could, please get the old thread to bump limit so Janny doesn't gas this one, making these posts in vein.

muh leftypol boogeyman talex grandi talex grandi talex grandi

On a cold and bleak winter night in the capital of Rome, so sat the Emperor Marcus Aurelius Aegidius Flavius Augustus -- known to the people simply as Aegidius, for as good as he was, he could not hope to be as great as his namesake -- at his desk. The Emperor, for the better part of two weeks now, had struggled to draft a speech suitable for the occasion. Twenty years. In two short months, the twentieth anniversary of his ascension would be upon Rome. This was an unusual era for the Empire; a single dynasty had maintained sole control for well over a century, and with the exception of his brother Gallus, this dynasty had ruled well. Aegidius sighed and let down his pen. The toils and stewardship of command had never been for him, nor was it something he was prepared for. The premature death of his brother Caelius and later death of his brother Gallus had thrust Aegidius into this charge. But how could he refuse? It would not be fit for his cousin, Justin the African, to succeed the great Manichaeus. Nor would it be appropriate for the Empire to fall into the hands of some other noble family with less tact. This was his duty, and it so grieved him. He could only hope that his son would appreciate the art of rule more.

The Emperor had tried hard to instill Roman virtues in him, but the child was reckless, rebellious, and cunningly so. Were he a dumb one, yes, he could be taught to sit still, and while his reign would be uneventful, it would be stable. But Faustus was of another sort. He as Emperor would be skillful, shrewd, and ambitious -- and Rome may yet suffer for it.

Aegidius thought best to blow out his candle and rest his head to sleep. His draft, as it had been the past few weeks, read simply "Tum" at the top, scribbled roughly across the parchment. There will be time enough for that later.

archived.moe/vg/thread/187933513
Got you
No /gsg/ and taxes there.

The thread was deleted because the OP was raiding another general.

>November
>winter

I fucked up

To be fair, a province with 17K and one with 3.5K are not good examples for pop proportion.
>Grandi youth
Way to disqualify your argument by acting like a retard.

It's true though. Genocide offends tumblr, and lefty/pol/, so every time it's mentioned they try to shut down discussion of it, because, in their opinion, people shouldn't be playing that way.
Sadly, HPM listened to those lobotomised mongrels and now genocide is fucked.

>HPM listened to
To who? Where are these people's posts?

No idea where the fuck did I take it from them, but I don't remember adding it to the OP
I'll just wait until Fireden is back up and search "gsg and taxes", since that archive doesn't have search enabled

>he doesnt know the x youth meme
>he thinks 25k people, all of them ethnic majority Japs, deciding to flee overnight over an alleged camp building project in manchuria is not only okay, but perfectly balanced
Way to go, antiyouthyouth.

You took it from here
archived.moe/vg/thread/187933860/
First mention of it ever

>trying to westernize Ethipia before the scramble
>fail miserably

Maybe I shouldn't have expanded so much. I annexed everything around the horn of africa but it gave me almost no RP.

They said it was OP a few threads back and HPM made it like it is now in 0.3.8.2.

>leading the eu4 faggots to shit up the new thread
Why?

Ah that makes sense
I was shitposting about my islamic gommunist prussiums and was pretty mad when they deleted that thread for no reason
I guess it was an R&I that included it afterall

Because there's almost no technology in the horn of africa.

Yeah you're supposed to take Sudan only after they westernize, they're very hard to administrate.

25k people a month, I should say.
25k × 18 (takes a year and a half, 18 months) = 450,000.
450,000 × 4 (one pop is 4 people) = 1,800,000

Does it really make sense for almost two million Ethnic Japanese people in Japan to flee over some supposed camps in Manchuria? Did two million ethnic Japs flee during WW2 becsuse of unit 731, the rape of Nanking, and other atrocities?

based romeanon dying mid-post

>unit 731, the rape of Nanking, and other atrocities?
No, because those are all fake

On January 3, 647, the Emperor Aegidius addressed the city of Rome. Among him were his council and advisors (who, despite lacking formal powers, had done the brunt of leadership for him), Pope Benedictus, and his closest family. Present as well were Justin the African and his children.

Aegidius began his address to the crowd with "Well," as was laid on the parchment, and followed with "Here we are." This caused something of an uproarious laugh among the populace, as they knew not that he was serious. The Emperor then droned on further, reading a prepared diatribe by some underpaid scribe about the necessity of preservation and the importance of being Roman (with no further digression into what exactly that entailed). At the close of his speech, the crowd (some several ten thousands in number, for he addressed them at the Circus Maximus) clapped and cheered as their honor required them. Basking in the glory that he never wanted, Aegidius waited for the noise to quiet before announcing, "This is my son, Faustus. You all know of him, but now I seek to let you know him. He will be your Emperor soon. Praise him as needed, and revile him as necessary, for the continued strength of Rome lies with him." Critics and gossips leapt instantly on this information and speculation bounded. In the coming months, Rome would soon acquaint itself with its next leader.

You two, stop that this instant. I hit Enter far too early.

What exactly happened with that?
>you post an islamic gommunist prussia game and HPM fixes it
>i post a genocide game and he makes genocide unusable
reeeeeeeeeee

>hit enter
>no captcha
Back to /vip/, show off.
i had to give my credit car details to fireden to see that post lad

I wish fucking Paradox had thought about adding custom start dates earlier than they did.

Or just, you know, not let their games stagnate and make them in a normal fashion without resorting to the greed of keeping an old and inherently flawed game which they've learned their mistakes from alive.

tb h I'm not even sure if he fixed it
The thread died before he could answer

But of course, the Paradox goons won't understand any of that, instead choosing to eat up Paradox's bullshit, believing that Vicky 2 is irrefutably the best game ever made so they can keep pumping out DLC.

Fairly certain this is just some faggot redditor who stole his trip.
>HPM leaves seemingly forever
>randomly announces "il be back soon guise"
>less than a week later he comes bsck
>doesnt make any changes for months
>first changes are adding more niggers, removing liquor, and making genocide unusable
>v2
>keep pumping out dlc
what
HoI4, released in 2016, has as many "major" DLCs as V2, released in 2010.
A house divided, heart of darkness.
Together for victory, death or dishonour.

Do you really think a redditor would've gone through all that trouble updating the mod just for a meme lad?That would be hilarious desu

Besides, he also updated the pastebin
That wouldn't happen unless someone also stole his computer

Neat.

Nah, I'm just shitposting to express my dissatisfaction with HPM.
I actually thought splitting the niggers up was a good thing, I just wanted to meme.
The reality of the situation is FAR worse, even the redditors realise his genocide changes are retarded.
reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/6yoxmc/hpmhfm_historical_flavour_mod_v123/
>Implemented most changes from HPM 3.8.4, except changes made to closed borders and genocide

>nigger run sudafrikums
>whitiums rhodesiums
What? How did this happen?

>>nigger run sudafrikums

Why do they have the nigger flag, then?

Yeah, it was a really stupid change.
Making people not want to go to genocided places straight away can make sense, but not randomly opening the borders for no reason.
>I actually thought splitting the niggers up was a good thing
I think it was a bit overdone, for example, just a generic "west african minor" instead of the dozen of cultures he added to west africa would've been fine.I mean, he clearly doesn't mind removing useless cultures (like the mesoamerican thing), so I don't understand why he made so many new ones that will never even be noticed

>when you sail into Ise Bay with 27 carriers even though the enemy has like 5 ships left
MERICA

Small EU4 question.
I can keep three colonies at the same time, paying 16 ducats a month, and still get a surplus of money. However due to my tech I get, like, 45 colonists a year.
Should I bank the money instead?

Because they stopped being a sectarian regime and went to being a secretly sectarian regime, right after literally committing genocide.

I wouldn't have minded, but it seems like he solely did it to appeal to the lefty/pol/ retards who whine everytime I post genocide. I'm still going to finish this Jap game in 0.3.8.4, because I want to see how low my pops will go from firing it every 5 years without fail.
Nah, I feel it was good. Gambian niggers aren't the same as Nigerian niggers. And I don't feel every different flavour of muh pure white aztec mestizo masterrace deserve to be simulated. They don't even have tags, unlike the niggers,

>secretly sectarian regime
ah yes

tb h I couldn't give less of a shit about african cultures, I guess it it's good if someone ever plays in that region which I doubt happens often
I just get angry everytime HPM adds some irrelevant culture/religion while refusing to add w&b zoroastrians

Am playing Imperium Universalis Mod but the minimap is blocking some things on the building menu. How do I turn off the minimap?

don't play it, the devs are SJW

So is it possible for you to be on the other side of the trade route event chain in CK2?

Am playing Historical Project Mod but the genocide is blocked by a huge immigration attraftion malus. How do I stop 19k pops leaving?

I played there once. The issue is once you civilize, there's nothing to do because you're surrounded by the colonies of GPs and you will not win a war against a GP.
I don't think there's enough zorastrians to make up a single pop.

Not the user you were responding to but, while it might be true that they haven't released any DLC since 2010, V2 is still a stagnate game.
I can't understand why paradox would think that they can't add anything to V2. Its not like it has a fucking story.
There are so many things they could improve on. It has so much potential.

But instead, they've just abandoned Vicky 2 and the Vicky series as a whole.

Yeah, nobody plays there, lol. I just like it, because it gives me more different cultures to gas. Why would you even want Zoros? Not like there'd be any actual Zoroastrian nations.

I mean, I don't know if that means a Vicky 3 or a new DLC, but fucking one of them at least.

Personally, I think the best way to move forward now would be V3.

After the presentation, the Prefect Justin the African met with Aegidius alone. The Emperor stood with caution, knowing how Justin detested him; not only for not dying while as his brothers had (denying him the throne), but for what he thought to be a tyrannical and ineffectual rule. In just about every way, the Emperor's cousin thought himself a better ruler, and his delegation to Africa was seen as something of an affront, for Africa was not as essential to the Empire as it had been during the days of old. Justin, admittedly, had embraced the local culture, something that alienated many of the elite. Regardless, this was a time to be careful, and perhaps Aegidius' stress kept him from properly regarding the situation before him.

"Marcus Aurelius," said Justin sardonically, coming out from behind a column in the Imperial Palace. Aegidius met his subject with consternation, saying nothing but projecting much. He was tired, weary, and beyond his years. Two decades of authority had done this to him, and he was not the crafty and snarky man he once was. It was obvious by his hair alone.

"Well met, Justin," he replied. silently beckoning a member of the Imperial Guard with a nod.

"That was some speech. I hasten to think you didn't write it," the Prefect stated. The guard came forth. Aegidius smiled and shrugged, "You have said." The old man still had some charm.

"I think your son will rule finely. He has something.. wild about him. Perhaps it's those Germanic genes of yours," Justin sneered, with particular emphasis on "Germanic". Aegidius stared coldly at his cousin. "Need I remove you from my presence?" The question had intended no answer.

"I will remove myself. May the boy be crowned soon."

This finishing statement troubled the Emperor.

I've looked at sources before, I only looked into a couple of cities and already got about 8k, hard to differentiate between what would be considered a POP since some of those were families, but they definitely deserve to be represented.

>Not like there'd be any actual Zoroastrian nations.
The persian fascist party is zoroastrian and very anti-muslim.It wouldn't be completely far off for them to make zoroastrian the state-religion if they managed to seize power

>that isn't a real website

For editing the genocide events, what is a good way to emulate the repopulation of those genocided provinces? A large population growth modifier and emigration bonuses for 3 years or so seem like the easiest to implement option.

I don't want them to add to V2 or even create V3 because quite frankly I have hated everything they've done since 2012. If it's not ohoned in broken games with no mechanics (HoI4, Stellaris) it's cash in DLCs that offer no content at a vastly inflated price (Third Rome, Jade Dragon) that play on meme concepts to sell to casual gamers who don't care about history (Sunset invasion, Monks and mystics). All of this has left a VERY bitter taste in my mouth.

My Sweet Vicky is far too pure to be used by Nu-paradox.

Are you finally making genocidemod?
I'd do it by simply changing the modifier every province gets that it was done to to increase immigration. Can't see how you'd encoursge pops to go there though, as telling pops in the mainland to emigrste would just make them go overseas.

Realpolitik kicks in at a certain point. The SSNP LARPed as a continustion of the Assyrian empire, but if you made thst their primsry culture it would be a total meme. So too for Zoroastrian Persia.

Peru-bolivia 0-4
Gran colombia 5-9

Internal Migration and Emigration are handled separately

Yeah, but that's a quite different situation.Zoroastrianism revival was/is a very real thing, and if they somehow got into power I doubt they wouldn't encourage people to convert

Peru-Bolivia then.

took me a while

In 647, it came to pass that the Emperor Aegidius fell ill with what many thought to be consumption.

>Internal Migration and Emigration are handled separately
I know. That's why I'd suggest adding an immigration modifier to the provinces it is done in, but I don't believe a provincial emigration modifier would work as it would encoursge ALL emigrstion, including those out of the country. So unless you had closed borders it would do more harm than good.

I suppose you could use the pop transfer events to make a dynamic decision/event, but it would be very hard to get to work correctly dynamically.

When are you going to unite both Empires?
and how?I am doing a Rome campaign of my own and getting the east a holy war at the time is very annoying

Just cuz they have a tendency to do that, doesn't mean they would feel the need or desire to do that with V3 in particular.

I would pirate it until they proved they wouldn't pull any bullshit any way.

Also, Sunset Invasion and Monks and Mystics aren't exactly the most beloved DLC Paradox has put out.
>Mixed
Mixed on Steam basically always seems to be code for "whatever the fuck this is, it was a huge mistake".

You know, that's one thing people keep forgetting is if a company keeps producing shit games, it will eventually begin to affect them not just at the consumer level.

They should make intense /gsg/-style games for just fucking giant companies. Might teach people some shit.

But I don't really know what the fuck I'm talking about.
I just wish some dedicated and autistic group with enough resources somewhere would make a worthy successor to V3.

True. You can't move for Zoroastrians today, so many Zoroastrians, the most Zoroastrians ever, people say "there are too many Zoroastrians now.", you simply can not move for this huge growth of Zoroastrians.

Faustus' first-born is going to inherit a strong claim on the ERE.

>V3
I mean V2. Fuck.

>but I don't believe a provincial emigration modifier would work as it would encoursge ALL emigrstion
No lad, that`s what I am saying.It's handled separately, like colonial migration, through the poptypes.For example, you can add an +100% modifier for a POP to internally migrate that has zero effect on emigration.

In the middle of 647, Aegidius sought treatment for his ailment.

nice job gsgandtaxesladd
also, is Trebizond supposed to have generic ideas?

>Just cuz they have a tendency to do that, doesn't mean they would feel the need or desire to do that with V3 in particular.
Woah, dude, just because that scorpion has a tendency to sting you in the back doesn't mean it'd feel the need or desire to do that as you swam it across the lake in particular.
>You know, that's one thing people keep forgetting is if a company keeps producing shit games, it will eventually begin to affect them not just at the consumer level.
That's the thing, Paradox are more popular than ever. This is like a gluten free cookie company deciding to put gluten in their cookies, yeah, the celiac people are fucked, but the much MUCH larger non celiac market now buys their cookies, as the celiac community dies of malnutrition.
In this analogy we are the celiacs, the casual gaming civ/total war masses are the mindless consumers, and Paradox are the formerly gluten free cookie company.

>23 learning
>he thinks cutting off my balls will cure my consumption
This fucking game

I got immediatly gang raped by Argentina, Chile and Peru.

One more time.

That`s normal
You are supposed to let Chile and Argentina have what they want and then crush both PeruANOs

That's the thing, I don't believe it is. Atleast not on the provincial level.
Say you encourage immigration to Manchuria, and encourage emigration from Japan. The Japanese pops will just go to America/Brazil.
If you make it it's own pop modifier then it eill apply to all pops, which isn't helpful at all.

>be me
>have comfy roman governorship in judaea
>feelsgoodhomo.papyrus
>one day my subjects start bitching
>go to check on whatever the deal is
>they want me to crucify some doctor
>dude seems ok to me, a little weird but not a bad guy
>offer to execute a serial killer instead
>they insist on the fucking doctor
>mfw

You are talking about the "encourage emigration" thing?That doesn't really have any sizeable effect anyway.
>If you make it it's own pop modifier then it eill apply to all pops, which isn't helpful at all.
It would be, because you can simply tweak it so it only affects the POPs you want

I hate when cunts do these names. Couldn't they just have named it andean confederation or some shit?

The Prophet died earlier this year.

So there's an internal emigration modifier? I've never heard of such a thing, I thought all emigrstion modifiers just meant "GTFO", not specifically where they should go, internal or external,

Or just call it Greater Peru. Colonial Bolivia and Peru were called Alto Perú and Bajo Perú respectively.

youtube.com/watch?v=75F5RaU5wSM

Did Animaniacs understand blobbing long before /gsg/ was even born?

There is are separate values for:
>external migration
>internal migration
>colonial migration
>external migration target
>internal migration target
>colonial migration target
They can be a bit annoying to work with as not all triggers work but they could still do the job of resettling

Democratic PBC is called 'Andine Federation' and absolutist is called 'Great Peru', so you are not too far off

Can they be pop specific? Could you make a decision that encouraged internal migration amongst all primary culture pops whilst simultaneously adding an encourage immigration modifier to every non primsry culture province?

Seriously, this is stupid.

There are 5k troops of an unknown people in my borders. If they move on the same province I am, both get attrition. They did not ask for permission, so this is a threat to my sovereignty.

And yet I can't attack them, I can't contact them, I need to pretend they don't exist at all.

Yeah, they can be given triggers and shit like that.
Just take a look at poptypes.txt (in the common folder)

Post religion map
NOW