Just a reminder that if you have an RX7 with a functioning rotary engine, don't LS swap it for the hell of it

Just a reminder that if you have an RX7 with a functioning rotary engine, don't LS swap it for the hell of it.

Attached: 490814_45_full.jpg (575x382, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSiqPDJIc4E
youtube.com/watch?v=5HE6py5HL_c
youtube.com/watch?v=9bWFPTfcVow
youtube.com/watch?v=RqKtZtU99Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=tIXR7vwa2Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=4CMRUDXc5Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=39wU9nD6SSE
youtube.com/watch?v=DKUkVBxejPQ
dsportmag.com/the-tech/twin-scroll-vs-single-scroll-turbo-test-the-great-divide/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You aren't the boss of me but

>Check'd

EV or Cummins swap it instead.

Attached: RX7_big.jpg (1280x960, 350K)

Why would you make this thread when you know it will turn to shit?

If I ever see you doing this to an RX7 in real life I will take whatever's useful as a weapon that I can find and bludgeon/stab/slash you until you are dead

probably works better than a rotary

At least the rotary isn't the same old engine that's in EVERY fucking car these days
I swear to god if it's original and it functions keep it that way until it doesn't anymore

can you fuck off back to whatever NOR shithole you came from

>functioning rotary engine
Not for long it ain't.

A turbo'd K V6 or a 2.3 DISI Turbo is objectively superior to most 1.3 wanker engines.

who cares? Because someone puts a better engine in it so it will run better does not mean its bad.

At least it can finally sound good and make torque.

youtube.com/watch?v=VSiqPDJIc4E

Attached: Mazda-RX-8-with-a-Cummins-6BT-inline-six-diesel-15.jpg (2048x1536, 346K)

>sound good

Attached: 1522023122899.jpg (500x500, 46K)

If I wanted to hear a weed whacker I'd fire up my Stihl. Even a diesel or electric drivetrain sounds better than a single rotor. inb4 muh $700k 7776777b racecar engine

>rx7
>single rotor

Attached: IMG_20180322_004617_031.jpg (644x728, 51K)

Face it, wimpy little rotarys are barely above ev in terms of coolness

The quads of truth. How will ls fags ever recover?

yeah, once you hit 50k miles, 500$ and an afternoon is the way to go

I'm considering getting a Na miata and swapping in my 13b. Is this a good idea or should I just fix up my shitbox?

i like that image mind if i save it

I'll swap it with a ford flathead V8, Just to spite you weeaboo fucks.

Daily reminder it is cheaper and easier to rebuild a rotary for the next half a century than to undergo a proper v8 swap

It's not possible. The transmission tunnel is too low, so your options are to have the rotary sit below the engine bay and have the oil pan dragged off by a speed hump, or absolutely destroy the car by raising the transmission tunnel.

Do a LS swap to save the poor seals!

Attached: save the seals.jpg (233x217, 5K)

>costing yourself time and money for a shitty old v8 just to "spite" people on the Internet you've never met
Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face Lmao
Are all you v8 cucks this embarrassingly autistic?

>it's not possible.

Are you actually this dumb? Holy fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=5HE6py5HL_c

youtube.com/watch?v=9bWFPTfcVow

youtube.com/watch?v=RqKtZtU99Xo

Attached: 36888303292_c9e28fbbd0_1.jpg (2048x1365, 1.35M)

seriously kill yourself tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=tIXR7vwa2Bg

youtube.com/watch?v=4CMRUDXc5Lo

youtube.com/watch?v=39wU9nD6SSE

youtube.com/watch?v=DKUkVBxejPQ

Attached: 36888303292_c9e28fbbd0_2.jpg (2048x1365, 1.15M)

>flatmate has a 1993 series 6 FD
>well looked after, was up to 128000ks without a rebuild and still started strong and had good comprehension
>always shat on ls swaps and said it was for cowards and not that good anyway
>I always ironically told him to ls swap it to annoy him
>decides to do a power build
>pulls engine, starts porting stock turbos
>realises that with a rotary the only way is all the way
>prices up a 68mm turbo and manifold and shit
>wants 350whp
>I say no way will that thing last if you fuck all that boost into the motor as it is now (all the while shitting on rotaries and praising ls)
>so he prices up a rebuild
>9 grand just for the rebuild
>plus all the money now for turbo and tune
>I find an ls3 out of a commodore on trade me for 11k
>with swap kit it comes out much of a much with building the rotor
>he unironically starts wanting the v8
>muh powerband, muh same weight as 13b+turbo
>should I defend the rotary? Or go post irony and shill ls more?

Attached: 86054114-92BF-416B-B604-85B6C9336EEB.jpg (507x504, 45K)

It’s all yours my friend

9k for a rebuild is pure bullshit. That's the cost of a solid 450whp build
350whp is bullet proof for a stock engine with upgraded turbos and water injection
Also have fun engineering an ls3 swapped fd

Cost of a 450whp build that has been completely rebuilt btw, not just the go fast parts

>same weight as 13b+turbo

A BARE ls3 weighs as much as a fully dressed 13b-rew with the heavy stock twins and all emissions equipment.

REW long block with intake manifold weighs 171lbs.

it's going to be a fucking boat with the LS3. No point in doing it, do a decent rotor build and get a good tune and it'll last longer.

Also an important point, how many v8 swapped rx7s have you seen in australia? We have access to cheap v8s and cheap rotors, yet rotors are kings
Because we're not dumb shit American rednecks

Fully dressed versions of both engines equate to the 13b weighing about half as much as an LS while having a lower center of gravity and being half the length

Part of the character of the RX7 is in it's weight distribution, it's technically a FMR. You'd ruin that with an LS when there are tons of other cars that would make more sense to put it in?

excuse me that's not me you can't give permission to steal my memes

MOOOOOOOOOODS

12v Cummins in rx7 aka the flappin jap

Try and read more than the first three words next time.

Attached: r&m.jpg (720x710, 122K)

Why not just wait until the rotary shits itself then swap it? Ofc if you take care of the car it will never do that, but still. Makes no sense to defile a classic car just because the engine may or may not go.
RX8s on the other hand need swaps. fuck those engines.

The stock engine has likely already shit the bed if you're swapping it. If it's running you can sell it to some dumbass rotary enthusiast.

I'd put the 2.3l turbo 4 out of the mazda mps in it.

That’s the first price he was quoted and he sorta gave up after that. 3k for seals, 3k for labour, 3k for half cut Bridgeport (because why would you not)

I’ve seen plenty of shitposting on this front, the consensus seems to be that even an alloy ls would be no match for a 13b with a modern alloy manifold and single turbo in terms of weight and Centre of gravity. However the fd is super light so would it ruin it that bad?

NZ, and none. Not ever. Only ls swaps I’ve seen in person was a 180sx and an a31 ceff. Most v8 swaps here are vh41s or the occasional 1uz

That’s what we are saying to do, get the turbo and shit, get a huge fuck off wastegate and run 15psi max and just premix and treat it right and it should be good for a while yet. Then when it fails get it half cut ported and dowled

Attached: BD7A038F-9AB3-44AD-9675-AB4E2AD1AEF7.jpg (426x571, 36K)

All the fastest rx7 are rotary powered, ls engines can't compete they fuck up weight distribution, center of gravity and handling if you want something similar get a corvette dumb rednecks

>I don't own an FD and have an opinion

Why wouldn't you sell the working rotary engine for far more money, and less hassle than pulling out a blown engine to sell.

The LS is a far superior motor objectively to the 13brew. Its far smarter to sell it some idiot working than battling to sell it blown requiring a rebuild or to be junked.

This. L98 + TR6060 is the way to go in the FD for engineering in Aus.

Whats the difference between a 350 and 450whp build? The turbocharger and fuel/ignition supporting system.

Dumb shit non RX7 owner thing to say.

The LS is far better than the 13b. They rev higher than the 3000rpm the FD actually revs to. They are more efficient fuel wise. They don't require extensive warm up and cool down cycles.

>tfw roll through the nightclub district in my bridgy bringing braap to the lives of the good people
>tfw come home check o and another american's can't into rota thread
>tfw get comfy with my rota pillow and watch the ls fag tears pour as i fall asleep
captcha: select all images with cars

Attached: s-l400 (1).jpg (400x400, 27K)

An alloy LS is 50lbs more than a turbo rotary setup.

yikes

Attached: 1521750805953.gif (500x368, 2.68M)

>The sole purpose of the car is to be lightweight and high revving
>Put a 2 ton motor that doesnt rev very high

Bummer.

Attached: 1410727107527.jpg (864x717, 85K)

If you lads are kiwi should be able to get a rebuilt and half bridgey for 3k total built by old mate in his shed over the course of a month
Reputable shops charge arm and a leg.

Based cousin built it with a diy video poster

Nah fuck that I bought my rota off a kiwi
Aussies do rotas tuffer than kiwis sorry

Also this is just a gm shill sook thread, save actual discussion for the general

t. dumb ass millineal cuck

>50lbs
An alloy ls shortblock weighs the same as a fully dressed rew, 450lbs, dressed ls is 550- 575lbs

Meanwhile an rew shortblock weighs 155lbs with the oem flywheel, 146lbs with an aftermarket flywheel. Fully dressed with a single turbo conversion/emissions delete takes 100lbs off the dressed weight, another 40lbs if you remove the a/c. So now we're down to 301lbs dressed on the rew, That's 249lbs lighter than a dressed alloy ls7 and 300lbs lighter than an ls3.

Then why are there multiple before and after 4 wheel scale shots which show no change in weight or weight balance? Going to a giant single turbo turns the thing into drag/dyno quen anyways.

you don't have to go to a giant single turbo dumbass, just a normal size single turbo to get rid of the twin turbo vacuum line mess

Then your back at 250hp and getting smoked by minivans and GTI's.

not even, ever heard of a twin scroll turbo? you get twin turbo spool characteristics with single turbo simplicity

Full builds with weight reduction and relocations, purposefully taken to incite flame wars on forums and justify their abortion of a money pit

Why are GM Fangirls so dumb

Attached: 1513485555912.jpg (362x263, 82K)

What is Veeky Forumss thoughts on removing the rotary and installing a f20 from a s2000?

Attached: 1521301101096.jpg (720x720, 42K)

Oh my gawd moving the battery to the trunk is such an ordeal. A rotary turns money into burnt oil and blown apex seals which is a pretty clear definition of a money pit.

>ls engines don't burn oil
Lmao

Last time checked they didn't need to be premixed like a fucking 2 stroke.

Retard, even on twins you can push it to 350hp, 375hp on the 99" twins. A gt35r is all the turbo you need on an fd, Will support up to 500whp and only weighs 27lbs.

>on twins you can push it to 350hp

So you need to "push it" to make NA truck motor power? Are you kinda starting to see why a V8 is superior?

350hp is the limit of the stock twins since they have weak bearings.

>Are you kinda starting to see why a V8 is superior?
muh 1/4 mile times

DC motors still rev to 8000rpm. That's a pretty small battery pack. RX's are like 3200lbs which is far from lightweight.

The things become almost unusable on a track at 500hp because of the turbo lag. Technically the V8 is better for the track and the rotary is better for the 1/4 ironically.

>tfw when you're tucked in a clean cozy FC with brap brap pop filling the air behind you

Attached: rx7 interior.jpg (1600x1200, 216K)

AHHAHA 375 hp on 99 twins. Your dreaming mate. They are worse than the shitty american FD's twins. They can't handle high boost. Why come onto a vietnamese knitting forum and lie about things ill never understand.

Source - 2002 FD owner.

If you were to sell the 13b out of your car right now, how much would you charge for it on craigslist?

Shid, meant bnr 99 twins.
>Why come onto a vietnamese knitting forum and lie about things

K there bud.

Attached: 20161022_172405.jpg (1836x2406, 756K)

>RX7 with a functioning rotary engine
Lies.

That's true its a very unique engine sound. Went to a track-day on the weekend and saw an old series 3 rx7, owner was an old semi-retired motor mechanic that had it built to 450whp, and said the engines are basically bulletproof if you do it right, would get 10 years out of it quite easily so long as you don't push them far beyond what they're capable of. He daily-drives it too and says he pushes it to the limiter and it just keeps going. Was also pretty fucking quick, but that sound too.

Only on paper, in reality it does fuck all

You don't understand the rethorical point I made with this post. Whether you like it or not, there's myriads of better engine layout designs out there and I don't want to impose myself the toil of running a rotary engine while a 2JZ or a Euro flat-plane V10 is much better option when it comes to daily driving and performance squeezing, just because some highly insecure triangle-fags get triggered that their emperor has been exposed as naked and you have the fucking gall to call anyone a"cuck", you spineless bitches. Just let me remind you that I'll swap any kind of engine I want on my car and you faggots can only shed tears of impotent rage at me. I'll just rebuild the wankel engine and put it on display or sell it to some Veeky Forumstist for a high price
No one, save some Veeky Forumstistic ricer fuccbois, like the obnoxious, nasal, raspy high-pitched whine of a riced-out rotary engine. I bet you fitted a fartcan exhaust tip on your stanced shitbox.

you have no idea what you're talking about

Course not, show me an example of the same turbo, with the same AR turbine housing one single entry and one twin entry, on the same engine, making a functional difference.

>I'll give you a hint, manufacturers left split pulse housings behind 2 decades ago

dsportmag.com/the-tech/twin-scroll-vs-single-scroll-turbo-test-the-great-divide/

wow really makes me think

Attached: 162-Tech-TurboTwinScroll-011-Acceleration45to80.jpg (1096x149, 84K)

>3K for seals
>3K for labor
That right there is already a rip-off, learn to work on your car yourselves.

Those are interesting results but the header used was the same for both and clearly designed for a twin entry housing given that was the turbo originally fitted. Given that it's likely the area of the header outlet would be less than the area of the single entry housing's inlet given that the flange is of a fixed diameter, allowing for a pressure drop at the point of entry to the turbine housing.

I can honestly say I didn't k ow RX-7s were that heavy. I mean holy shit. My 2003 WRX weighs 3250 and it's an AWD Sedan with a turbo flat four and a good saftey rating.
I'd expect a rwd rotary coupe to weigh quite a bit less. More like 2500-2800.

You didn't know they weighed that much because they don't. The turbo ones weigh 2800lbs. is just flat out wrong about about the weight.

because they aren't that heavy
retard