Alright listen here you cucks, im gonna be getting a gti mk7, tell me why I shouldn't...

Alright listen here you cucks, im gonna be getting a gti mk7, tell me why I shouldn't, should and is there a better hatch back? Needs 4 door and obv a hatch. Go.

Attached: 124316-cars-news-hands-on-hands-on-volkswagen-golf-gti-mk7-review-image2-XJAc3Zu9oy.jpg (970x646, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SWIL8yuK6WU
youtube.com/watch?v=WsVlQxBVu7Y
youtu.be/quCoQYw8aBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Vag shit
>4banger
kys famalam desu chan
Get anything with a v6 or v8 those are average engines.

>V6
>V8
On a fucking hatchback

Focus RS
Or that Lexus hatch Idk what it's called

Lemme see that v6 v8 hatch my guy

See

Not a fan of ford and the Lexus hatch is a little pricey :(

Oh thanks man, didn't see this thread.

I meant any OTHER car with a v6 or a v8 you filthy 4 cylinder vagtards.
More cylinders more hp=more fuel economy and reliability

Attached: 1519089330881.jpg (447x440, 13K)

My guy, needs 4 door and NEEDS A HATCH. Did you even read the title you smegma mouth.

Also the lexus hatch does like 3 hp lol

>needs 4 door
For what, your wife and three kids?

Import one of these bad boys from Japan for less money less weight and probably more power unless if you get a Golf R

It also has one of Honda's god engines so cost of ownership is probably way more reasonable.

Attached: EP3 type R.jpg (1024x768, 186K)

Turbo SX4.

youtube.com/watch?v=SWIL8yuK6WU

Attached: sx4 turbah.jpg (1000x667, 356K)

That's actually the reason haha. Not 3 but one in the future. And I wanted fun but still practical. Hatch for my doge. Reasonable price, and I thought the gti is the perfect middle ground.

Its hard to find a good sx4 here in cali, and usually they have a million damn miles and or is beat to hell. My uncle used to have one but crashed it.

I really miss the good ol days of Veeky Forums where everyone was in agreement that four doors for more whores was the only acceptable answer

Damn points for that.

It has a big front window and you can actually sleep in the car

Attached: honda_jazz.jpg (500x977, 81K)

Weird. There's still quite a few in leafland in decent shape. The manuals are pretty rare.

not everyone is homeless

When you realize that the tent was a bad idea while at a festival tripping on mushrooms, you don’t have many other options, and I’ll be dammned if I have to go all communist hippie for a day to get free shelter from the wooks.

I paid less for most ep3's here in australia for this, plus it only has 35,000kms lmao

Attached: fn2.jpg (443x332, 30K)

The GTI is the most normie entry level hothatch you can think of, and its fucking terrible compared to whats on the market. Get an EP3 like some user said or a volvo c30 2.5 turbo if you into fancy stuff.

>Needs 4 door
fuck off

Less money, more reliability, less maintenance costs, more CUTE

Attached: 1508045327862.jpg (4032x3024, 1.94M)

Love civics, but these ones are repulsive.

And why is that a bad thing? That's what I want, wasn't telling you to get it my guy. Always that fag to get mad for no reason. Shout to you for being a smegma mouth.

Yes please do

hot hatches only make sense for eurocucks. you're not a dirty eurocuck are you?

The veslowster is a slow ugly piece of shit.

>having kids
kys faggot

>having friends/family like a normal functioning human being instead being a loner for the rest of your life
HAHAHAHAHA, have fun actually talking to people in real life

Attached: 1516655830205.jpg (600x539, 59K)

the ct200h is bae if performance isnt important, cuz u won't get any of it

>new car
neck yourself faggot

Attached: 309987B4-F1E4-4E2A-B72C-D1DC790E9F17.png (634x662, 382K)

>go to trackday
>sit in my car and generally be awkward when I'm not driving

Attached: 1464812138065.jpg (480x268, 19K)

Owner of a mk7 here. Make sure you get the sport pack with the LSD and brakes from the R. It's well worth it for putting the power down, which even at stock levels is a struggle. I upgraded to Michelin Pilot Super Sports since the all seasons (R7) it came with sucked.

Best interior and infotainment in the class for sure. Don't be afraid of the DSG, besides being fantastic, VW designed it to be very modular for service, so no tiny sensors deep in the gearbox that can fuck you over later.

Get extra coverage for the windshield if your insurance offers it, it's a bit thin for weight reasons and cracks easily from rock chips. Avoid large pot holes, they fuck over these thin walled 18inch tires (get road hazard coverage when you buy new tires from tirerack boii)

Fantastic car, 2018 and up get 6 year bumper to bumper warranty. I got a 2017 Sport DSG for 25k + state tax + docking fuck you fee, if that helps any.

OP here, wow actual advice, thanks my guy. And i am gonna get dsg, supposed to faster, and also if im dying and my lady needs to drive my car, she can't drive stick. Thats a hell of a good price, im assuming you are doing payments of cours, how much do you do a month? And i was thinking of putting 1700 - 2000 down, and a long term so I can have a lesser payment, getting a new job soon that can well support a 400 - 450 payment. I was considering just the S model, but is the Sport worth it? Its only a few grand extra?

Attached: 1484085769310.jpg (640x480, 162K)

>implying VW didn't make factory V6 Golfs

Attached: L-Volkswagen-Golf-Mk5-R32-Rear-Side.jpg (900x578, 98K)

Because ontop of being a vagshit its not a very fun car.
If you want asthetics get sirocco
if you want an actually good hot hatch thats fun get some older civic type r

>If you want asthetics get sirocco
>if you want an actually good hot hatch thats fun get some older civic type r
and what if OP is American?
Murika doesn't get the Scirocco and the first US type R is the 2017 model
>Just import a Type R
we have a law against importing cars newer than 25 years. Blame Mercedes for that law.

>tell me why I shouldn't
Gee where to start;
>questionable reliability
>overpriced
>expensive parts
>"german" engineer (see; overcomplicated)
>soymobile
>if you get the auto you're stuck with the horrid dual clutch transmission

*german engineering

>not owning a golf VR6

Attached: 1521977666255.jpg (540x500, 25K)

>not owning a 159 GTA

Attached: 00737CB0-6D2A-410B-B1AC-A502834E6DF6.jpg (402x413, 38K)

>we have a law against importing cars newer than 25 years. Blame Mercedes for that law.
>>Imports a 3 year old German car

>>Imports a 3 year old German car
>US government confiscates the car
>US government crushes the car.
youtube.com/watch?v=WsVlQxBVu7Y

Get one with AWD
The fwd one is trash
Dsg is trash
T. Fwd dsg golf owner

Attached: IMG_20170909_202459.jpg (3024x4032, 1.23M)

where do you live?

Unfortunately, USA

>Cute
This looks like alien and predator had a retarded baby

To bad, my suggestion would be a seat leon cupra or octavia rs for kid hauling, same gti platform but in case of the cupra roided out or octavia more spacious, what about an s3 audi?

My heart can't take this

Little over bugdet, would do it in a heart beat if it weren't gonna kill my bank account. Thanks to Americas shitty economy.

See if you can find a good condition 8th gen FA5 Civic Si sedan.
Closest thing America got to a proper Civic Type R before 2017.
>same K20 as Euro FN2 Type R
>same IRS and body style as FD2 JDM Type R

Attached: overview-panorama.jpg (797x381, 306K)

It's an acquired taste, I think they look decent.

and you can swap to the (better looking) JDM front and rear fascias. Just bolts right on

Attached: 1418110729300.jpg (800x493, 87K)

Nah, you either like it or you don't.
They're hideous, btw.

Personal opinion

Attached: RTS-CIV06-MUG-RR-P3-CT.jpg (900x585, 195K)

I like the space-egg, something very aesthetic about it.

>asks for a nice car
>here take this ugly garbage!!

>ugly garbage
It's not a Mazda 3

OP, I've owned 2 GTIs since 2009. Currently MK7 2016 GTI with the LSD/Big Breaks, previous was a MK6 2010. Both DSG, and not the shitty 7-gear shitshow (DQ350), I'm talking the ten-year-running bulletproof DQ250 six-speed DSG. Best transmission. Anyway.

First mistake is asking Veeky Forums for advice, even good advice. The best thing you can do is go out and test drive all the cars in this segment first to get a feel for how they handle, engine performance, road noise, etc. Other cars to look at in US around this segment: Golf R, Focus ST, Focus RS, Civic Si, Civic Type-R, Lexus CT 200h Hyundai Veloster (wait for the N version to get here), KIA Forte5. I've probably missed a few, pretty sure BMW makes a hatch somewhere in their shitty lineup, and if you can find a Volvo c30 Polestar, those are pretty sweet too. My personal opinion is the GTI is the best bang for your buck. Veeky Forumstists who talk about lack of reliability have never driven or owned the vehicle, and only see it's tail lights as it blows the doors off their shitty V6 mustang or stanced r-banger japbox. If you want to play 'A few Simple Mods' game, this car is one of the only cars that sees a 30% HP increase from just an OTS software tune. FBO/Stage 2 software sees the GTI in the 340-360 HP range easily, and I love surprising the fuck out of cars I have no business messing with.

TL;DR -- Ignore the busriders, look at all the cars in the segment, then make your choice. I am partial to the GTI but Focus ST, Civic Si, even the fucking Veloster are worth looking.

Cobalt SS turbo also had a sedan version for a year that's worth considering if you can find them. Was only around for the 2009 model year, and around 600 SS sedans were built.

SEAT Leon FR

Attached: leonfr.jpg (1600x1032, 686K)

OP stated later in the thread that he's American. Americans don't get Seat.

Plus the Leon is basically SEATs golf so its almost the same car

I put a huge amount down for low payments. Got 1.9% for 72 months on the rest.

GTI Sport comes with LSD, brakes, and 10 extra HP with some torque. It's well worth it. If you do any power modifications the LSD is a must, stock S open diff can't put the power down.

I think the price difference is less than 1k. You can tell a mk7 has the sport pack if the GTI emblem is red with chrome outline, and GTI on the brake calipers.

They look decent with a few aesthetic mods.

Attached: 27576259_133328194146913_7854548144095232000_n.jpg (320x212, 18K)

>obv a hatch
well there's your problem hatchbacks are ugly garbage

or you know, you can get the identical, much cheaper and a miniscule tinier seat ibiza

Attached: new_seat_ibiza_trad_002h.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

again. Murika doesn't get Seat

Such good noises

youtu.be/quCoQYw8aBQ

I know I was just arguing that the ibiza is a better recommendation for the average an/o/n (has no need for more space and is poor)

Where do you live famalam? A gtd is cheaper where I live. Companies offer an upgrade kit with the twin-scroll turbo from the R for not alot of money. A gtd with a twin scroll and a couple of simple mods is fun as fuck

see:

rude

old thread but i want to contribute

i got a 2017 autobahn DSG for free and it's great, but im planning on trading it towards a golf R in a year or two. reason being i like the car enough to want to buy performance mods for it, but it seems dumb to spend thousands of dollars on aftermarket parts when i could instead spend thousands of dollars on a faster model. and spending lots of money for more horsepower out of a FWD car doesnt seem smart.

i highly recommend getting whatever package adaptive cruise control is in, it makes driving in traffic or for long distances on the highway infinitely more bearable.

>its not a very fun car
it's like 80% as fun as a real sports car imo, but much more practical. i'll concede that it's not nearly as cool as a real sports car.

OP here, sweet my man, thanks for the info. I totally agree on the 80 percent fun, the other hatch backs don't come close to the hp. Maybe Ford but I don't like Ford, and the rest are in Europe. So I feel gti is probably the best middle ground.

And if I had a bigger budget I would definitely get a golf r, and I don't really plan on doing big mods on the car, maybe a better exhaust. But I paln on getting a beater stick and making it into a sleeper. Probably a coupe Civic.

the veloster interior is great.. seats r bae.. no door for the driver rear is fuckin retarded.. cargo is meh/10.. handling and power is laughable at best.. respectable 3rd place for Korea.. take your (You)

what kolor user.. im bought to pull the trigger on a white silver se.. but gunna testdrive an R first

reliability could scare some away..

So? It's a better car all around besides performance.

Your daily shouldn't be a performance car anyway, that's stupid.

the R's clutch is the same as the GTI's.. many have complained of its lack of longevity