/fg/ - Falcom General #78

Previous thread: >Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII PC beta testing is ongoing: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1471969431583803926/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

I want to fuck Remiferia nurses. I bet the sex would be very healing to my soul.

Finally justice for them

Is Akatsuki canon? Has anytng major happened there?

rean pls

>Rean has 5k health

>Has to fight him and machias.

>Now has 10k health

>regains control.

>back to 5k.

Stop fucking holding out on me REEE.

It is apparently, but so far the story has not had anything super major, aside from introducing stuff from Remiferia, and some other Jaeger corp names, plus some extra interactions between the cast in Crossbell.

And another way too easy boss of just spamming crafts.
Also was it actually true what someone said in 3rd that the events broke some barrier of reality and now the peoples dreams and nightmares seep into reality?
Way too many fiends in coldsteel to be a coincidence.

No? The stuff in phantasma is really self contained, and they avoided it from seeping into reality. What you're seeing is the local Erobonia weirdness.

It was the flute. It's an artifact.

>and they avoided it from seeping into reality.
I know someone said they could not prevent it no matter the outcome of their actions in the dimension.

I want to protect this smile

>The stuff in phantasma is really self contained, and they avoided it from seeping into reality
Then why does Zero have demon's very similar to what we encountered in the 3rd?

I'm torn between sticking with Emma in 3 as I have been or just giving up and doing Alisa from playthrough one like Falcom reeeeally wants me to.

Phantasma was caused by the aureole.

The shit in zero is caused by the mirage equivalent.

You heard wrong, there's literally nothing to suggest that happened, they were talking out of their ass.

You realize all the stuff in phantasma was based off accounts of actual creatures right, or legends of ones? None of that was exactly real.

The ones you see in Zero are the real deal, and Crossbell is a country with ties to alchemists and a lot of magical shit.

>TFW shy girls with glasses are my weakness, but i'm also a major sucker for canon romance so i choose Alisa

Damn you Falcom, at least make only Alisa a winnable candidate like Elie.

Get in line

Emma should have been the Main girl. It makes sense in the story.
But a law dictates that a Saori Hayami can't be the main girl in a harem.

man the tune that played during this made me feel like I was reading one of those files found in Resident Evil

Bringing demons out is pretty much the whole D:G thing. They've been working on it for quite a while.

I'd say you guys are at least a little autistic because Alisa is not actually canon and none of these choices ever matter anyway.

That dragon is like the final boss of ancient Erebonian legend. King Hector defeated it at the cost of his life and Testa-Rossa got corrupted forever.

I always wondered if that image came from Zero/Ao.

It's just a matter of not turning a blind eye to stuff going on. Alisa is the one they are clearly pushing even outside of events, in which only Elise and Alfin also show affection towards, him but Rean doesn't see Elise that way at all.

I'd say it's a matter of words having a meaning. Alisa is the designated main girl but she is not canon. She obviously likes him outside of events but that doesn't mean you are obligated to reciprocate.

>skip 2 days
>first thing the game throws at me is narration
THIS IS WHY COLDSTEEL IS SO MUCH WORSE

he did it, the absolute madman

You do realize that Ao spoils major plot points in text just like that but worse and spends a chunk of time telling you whay happens instead of showing? This isn't a CS thing

>agate bitch slaps the annoying kid
Damn these games mean business

Renne Paradise Hartmann it was my pleasure. You may now reply to this post.

>it's another csfag immediately blames other games episode

>It's a Crossbellfag ignoring that his own precious series did the thing he's complaining about first episode

How does that in any world excuse that coldsteel does it too?
I want the love to every little detail trails back I fell in love with in sky.

No one said anything about crossbell though. You don't even know if that user has played them. You just immediately started shitting on Ao because somehow that excuses the next game's faults.

But you are usually there for the big happenings and generally involved in the plot. What are all these things it spoils? Are you talking about CS stuff?

>No one said anything about Crossbell though.

They specifically said "this is why CS is awful" implying that the other arcs don't do this. Don't be a goalpost-moving shithead.

I didn't know Sky arc doesn't exist any more. But I guess it makes perfect sense to pick the one game wittout a full translation as your example instead of 4 others that most people can and will have played. There's definitely no bias, no personal hatred or intention to stir shit here.

I am honestly impressed that he seems to be ready to post whenever I bring up a negative about coldsteel compared to tits.

[x] Play with Celine

#Gayus4Gaius

-waiting for valimar

H-HE'S FAST!

Fie

To be fair, Sky happened in a much smaller time frame, while Crossbell and Cold steel was much bigger, so they can't make it happen in consecutive days.

That just means they failed at the drawing board for the general story and pacing. The amount of stuff that happens in cs and fc is very comparable.

Not to mention Crossbell gets overwhelming when a chapter does go through consecutive days.

Just fuck off dude. You shit up this thread every day with your stupid opinion and nobody cares

A very good choice.
And I fear I will end up with a huge Fie reaction folder.

Honestly FC had pretty bad pacing. But CS1-2 have too much unnecessary padding too and they should have been one game. But using the same assets to sell you two games is far more profitable.

That formula worked with Liberl, but they needed to showcase that what was going on in both Crossbell and Erobonia wasn't that quick to deal with user, so it's not a failure on the story, but more on the fact that the game would be too fucking massive otherwise, or do you honestly want to see them go on their everyday mundane shit with the SSS probably doing a bunch of random quests with nothing important story wise going on, or Class VII doing regular school stuff and exercises for an entire month?

If the events happened in a small timeframe like in CS 2 where the story does actually take place daily, then sure, but, that wasn't the case.

I agree FC has big pacing issues at the start which probably is a reason why some people dropped it.

First game of each arc is always shitty because Falcom wants to dick around with "world-building".

>The PC version made one of the tank voices a girl
Why?

That is ironic since the 2nd games do a better job at worldbuilding.

Is the PC version of Cold Steel 1 the inferior version?

I like them, they're slow on purpose so you understand the characters and the region you're in, while the next ones are when the actual shit goes down.

What i don't get is how people find the monologues weird when the time frame is extremely bigger. In FC they had no reason to stop, and were moving to each region to become proper bracers through recommendations, and the coup was nearing it's final stages, so it coincided, and even then, they had to do a 3 month timeskip between FC and SC, and then it went back to following regularly, but again, the Gospel plan was close to completion, which coincided that.

Meanwhile, Crossbell and Erobonia happen in a much larger frame, to exemplify how much it took Ouroboros to take action in those regions, and set up the daily lives of the playable cast. The events aren't daily because it doesn't coincide like in sky, so they spare you the mundane stuff, and show you the spots with the most bit of relevancy for you to play.

No? There are tons of improvements and additional voice acting

>Class VII doing regular school stuff and exercises for an entire month
Well, other than a field trip that's what they do. cs was very stingy with important things. it only gave you bits and pieces of action, of what matters and of erebonia itself. And no matter what you were always back at your safe hub doing normal high school things. I know lots of people like that but it was very restricting if you were used to the previous games. It was like the game itself was holding you back.

It has more voiced lines
graphical options in both directions
turbo function for battles and field
but no option of jap dub if you care for that.

>Based Cold Steel reaches 1 million sales worldwide

Sky never stood a chance

No its by far the definitive version.

Well Erobonia is a much bigger country, so i can kinda forgive it, i don't personally miss having to run around the road for each city, since that was fucking chore. Crossbell allowed you to walk around, but that place it much smaller than Liberl by comparison, and it had fast travel with bus stops and the car in Ao.

I did think CS felt a tad restricting at first myself, but since it was setting up stuff, like in FC, where you're stuck in one location per chapter i felt it was rather similar so i was fine. In CS 2 you get to explore around as well, in many locations per chapter.

How can limp-dicked Liberl even compete with the hard, erect pillars of Erebonia?

>CS needs 2 games to get 1mil
>Sky only needs FC to get 900k
CSfag BTFO

DUMB COLDSTEELFAG

Let's please not resort to false flagging to keep a thread alive.

Can't we all just be happy that the series has decent enough sales?

Calvard when?

NO WE HAVE TO HAVE FANBASE CIVIL WAR WE CAN'T JUST COME TOGETHER TO APPRECIATE THE GAMES

>false flagging
Nothing wrong with being happy about Falcom success. Cold Steel being better than Sky is common knowledge at this point.

>Cold Steel being better than Sky
The sad thing is there are people who unironically believe this.

Some people take personal preferences as direct insult to them but yeah it's nice that it does well. I hope it grows further.

How is that falseflagging? Sky actually did sell a lot more than CS...

Arteria when?

It's literally better in every way besides giving the characters even focus

gameplay? better
music? better
Setting? Erebonia's way more interesting than Liberl

>Sky being better than CS
Dumb skyfag

>muh anime cliches used to be good because muh nostlagia
pfftt

UNDERAGECOLDSTEELFAG SPOTTED

>gameplay
Dumbed down, win before the boss gets a turn gameplay is better? Delusional
>music
Doesn't have any hard hitting moments tied to music like sky so it's worse
>Setting
Doesn't matter when you follow one of the worst jrpg casts in the last 10 years

The big thing that puts CS over Sky to me is how much better the NPCs are, especially in Thors. Most characters having their own unique model really made the world feel more alive.

>music? better
Gameplay I don't care but this is over the line.

FC did, SC and especially 3rd sold a fraction of what FC sold. Regardless, replying to blatant "Skyfag BTFO" type bait like with "Crossbellfag BTFO" and "CSfag BTFO" is dumb and just brings the quality of discussion down to where the /v/ Kiseki threads were.

don't feed that faggot, user

These Coldsteelfags are making me dislike CS, I wish we could go to the timeline where the weebs didn't win

It was kind of the opposite for me. I felt tired seeing the same 20 students and teachers. Unique models are great but I'd rather have a variety of people with different ages, jobs, relationships etc.

>Doesn't have any hard hitting moments tied to music like sky so it's worse

what is blue destination you fucking deaf retard

They won in every timeline user, even Falcom have been conquered by weebs. Why do you think we get trash like Sen or TX instead of good games?

Music is kinda subjective, there's good soundtrack in all of them and each region has a style of it's own. I personally enjoy Crossbell's a lot more.

Gameplay is indeed more enjoyable, but they kinda made shit too easy by comparison to the others. Sky was slow as fuck, and annoying without cheat engine or a speed up, and Crossbell struck a nice balance of gameplay variety, and difficulty, but like every game in the series, it has an explotable part, Sky has earth wall, and Crossbell has dodge tanking and Tio's Zero field, and Ao has master quartz.

Setting, is also kinda personal.

Do remember that sky literally has you spam earth wall to win some of the fights later on, especially on hard/nightmare, it's not a dumb down, they just struck a nice balance but made shit kinda easy since you can effectively use other stuff so long as you're not dumb about RPGs.

But user, you ARE the CSfag.

>hating on cold steel JUST NOW
I hated it for years. I can't even bother myself playing CS2 and just watched the ending.

It's too late.

>Implying shit destination is good
>Implying this was anything other than pure anime cringe
You might be a weeb desu

not any more cringe than Joshua's *teleports behind you* heh nothin personnel kid routine

Miyazaki was right.

Why are you even here. Fuck off