How's your car running?

How's your car running?

Attached: 15214010194813.png (855x439, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bhEELj_3FEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wY9gVd9ofzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Another bolt-on wonderboy looking to get smoked... Why don't we save you the grief and peel those parts right now?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 36K)

It’s fine

Attached: Untitled2.png (431x467, 45K)

Attached: nfs copy.png (990x585, 303K)

Kek

Attached: reddit_pls_go.jpg (650x828, 203K)

That was fucking fast

>my car
>running
Pick one and only one

Sweet mother of keks

Attached: tyrone laughing.jpg (620x670, 93K)

U2 is the better game.

plebian post, I've owned both and your taste is shit

redditor located

Will we ever see a fun racing game on Most Wanted's level again?

Attached: 1520690509399.jpg (381x411, 27K)

>liking piss filter: the game

Easily. U2 level though? Unlikely.

>best open world racing game
>Reddit tier piss filter
The graphics were better, the soundtrack was better, the physics were better and outrunning the cops was better
U2 is good, but not MWBL good

You're wrong, and the cops ruined the game.

>no u
>ruined the game
Look at this limp wristed boot licker scared to outrun the video game police lmao

>likes nigger music
>likes nigger activities

Typical MW fan.

U2 is just plain better
I still have the limiteds of both tho

>nigger music
>75% of U2s sound track is c-rap
Jesus you're a deluded fan boy, MW is the objectively better game

My car runs in about the same way a quadrapeligic does when thrown down a flight of stairs

This car will never make me not hard

Attached: MW2012M3GTRE46.jpg (1920x1080, 937K)

The better question is how the fuck did Carbon regress so hard? They had a winning formula with MWBL, and they just ripped out so much of it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, child. U2 also had a better car selection.

Carbon was incredibly rushed in order to ride MW's hype wave. They had to cut so much content it's not even funny, originally the canyons were meant to be available in freeroam for example.

I liked carbon at the time and I still don't understand the hate
If anything I wish autosculpt made a comeback

Because So much was cut out. It even feels hollow compared to MW. If it had had MW content with all the car options they added, it would be the eternal GOAT.

Carbon is content deprived but I really liked it.
>Explains why the fuck you have a bimmer and why you went to rockport
>Expect random street racing
>Get involved in next level kikery and ultradimensional chess with Darius wanting to rule over Palmont
Darius is unironically a great villain for a racing game

Just off the top of my head
>cops reduced to a nuisance, not needed for progression anymore
>arbitrary car tiers (a classic Shelby GT500 or Hemi Cuda is the same tier as a modern Lamborghini but a Camaro from the same era is a literal starter car)
>performance tuning even less in-depth than MW
>disappointing map compared to MW
>all the cut content (no freeroam canyons, no lap knockout, no drag races etc)
Autosculpt and vector vinyls were fucking brilliant though, and I personally liked the story. Even the cutscenes are charming in their own way.

Oh, and it put you in the M3 GTR again right at the start only to wreck it for real after 5 minutes.

Darius was a lot of fun, more interesting than Razor for sure.

>Tuner cars have OP handling so you barely have to slow down/use speedbreaker
>Muscle cars (tier 3) do 0-60 in about half a millisecond
>Exotics actually require some sort of skill to drive at their full potential
The Corvette was fucking stupid, also drifting events were a big meme

>(a classic Shelby GT500 or Hemi Cuda is the same tier as a modern Lamborghini but a Camaro from the same era is a literal starter car)
but that makes sense. a fucking gt500 is gonna be faster than some used camaro

Don't forget the lack of replayability. Once you win a race, that's it. You don't get anywhere near as much money from it again, so you can't really explore all the cars available to you without starting a new game.

I mean, there's always the main menu customization if you just want to try cars
>gain one million dollars in career achievement
>only way is to get the overpowered car that is the 240SX after starting out with the camaro, to get Samson as companion early on, and use it through almost the entirety of the game

And then there was the Le Mans Quattro, which had borderline Muscle acceleration, took Tuner levels of skill to drive and had more potential than any other Exotic. It completely broke the online mode.

Drift events making a return was nice though (even though the physics are broken) and Canyon duels were brilliant.

Alright, a Charger R/T is Tier 2 whereas a Hemi Cuda is Tier 3.
Also the Challenger Concept is Tier 3 whereas the 300C SRT8 is Tier 1.
The point is the tiers were silly, you couldn't just take your starter car all the way to the final boss like you could in MW. Of course that's less realistic, but no one plays NFS for realism, or at least I hope so.
Unless you use the 240SX, which is a Tier 1 car that's competitive with Tier 2 cars and has possibly the easiest handling in the whole game while costing almost nothing. Oh, and it's unlocked through a Challenge event, so you can easily get it right at the start of the career mode.

>you couldn't just take your starter car all the way to the final boss
Fuck you, I beat the game in a stock Camaro. It was very hard though. I must say the Camaro is fucking great if you learn how to lose little speed on turns

I thought they were trying to ride the Tokyo Drift hype

>if you learn how to lose little speed on turns
do the sorts of babby that play NFS games not understand that brakes exist for a reason?

I shit you not, in Underground 2 riding the wall instead of actually braking is the better choice in many occaions

The modding scene for Most Wanted is pretty great, the game looks great with >just a few simple mods
youtu.be/bhEELj_3FEQ

bad game

I've had lots of fun with it, it has a lot of tuning options. Also the Corolla, a fucking starter car, is unironically the best car in the game.

It's amazing how Need for speed just keeps churning out shit games.
Is it too hard for them to look back at U2 or Most Wanted and figure out what made them great? Is it that hard?

Atleast we will have Burnout Paradise remastered, closest thing to a fun racing game we will get for years.

Attached: DRIFTUUUUUU.jpg (640x427, 73K)

>a fucking starter car, is unironically the best car in the game
games are usually balanced around this because it's itself a trope but is also really fun, since it invokes a pretty typical human attachment to things that get you through hard times (i.e. the early game, which will naturally be hard since its simply a new game to you with new tracks and different physics and such, even if you are already an expert at other NFS games or games in general) much like how people get attached to their first cars in real life

dear god.........

Attached: 412312.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

I mean, I guess the Miata in Underground 1, a starter car, is the best car for 90% of the game and always the best drift car. I'm sad that the S2K and Integra Type-R didn't make it in UG2

You can replace the RSX model with an Integra model if you like

It was the second best overall car in the game

I tried the R34 but it slips around too much, I settled for dorito engine

I just finished the game, and played through most of it with the Golf, but I wanted the brapmobile, too. I played the 3 last races because of memes with a friend of mine.

Attached: 28945691_1634687616596426_1126681939_o.png (1366x768, 931K)

I wanted to replay it but
>install on my desktop
>game crashes inbetween tourney races
>despite having played it a couple years ago on the same fucking PC
>try installing it on my laptop
>it works

>I played the last 3 races with the Golf...
I mean

Attached: kapokapo.png (1366x768, 1.06M)

Could have just been a bad install

I reinstalled it 3 times after that

It's a problem with newer windows versions and if you put it in compatibility mode with the 1.4 patch there are no problems, afaik

Fukken weird, could have been some leftover files messing stuff up

>a fucking starter car, is unironically the best car in the game
Most Wanted did similar things with the Punto, when comparing full Junkman cars there's only like 2 or 3 cars that can beat it and one of those is the fucking Carrera GT.

Attached: Punto.jpg (3200x1800, 1.05M)

>leftover files
Oh yeah speaking of which, for some weird unexplained reason I can't have Most Wanted and UG1 installed at the same time. If I try to install MW with UG1 installed the CD opens the UG1 install wizard and viceversa.
The golf is the best starting car (though you can only buy it right away if you have UG2 installed). It gets used for speedruns.
I usually end up with Ming's Gallardo, simple looks and it's pretty much maxed out

You mean the filter you can literally turn off in ten seconds in the options menu?

>MW
>more nigger music than Underground
is this a joke

I remember the Lotus Elise being absolute top-tier with Junkman parts as well, but I'm using it in career right now and while it's generally fast enough with almost everything upgraded to stay in the lead, when the game decides to give an AI car the Carrera GT I have exactly four seconds before I hear it screaming in my rearview which is an absolutely pants-shittingly terrifying sound the first time you hear it. Handling is ludicrously good, though.

Attached: UNGHHH THICKER.png (1920x1080, 2.93M)

Honestly it looks fine with just the older Modern Rockport texture mod, just to get rid of the blurry as fuck road textures. Some of the other ones (like the one in that video) make everything look way too clean- even without the piss filter, Rockport is supposed to be a shithole of a city, and miles and miles of perfect, unbroken tarmac and buildings kind of break that.

Yeah the Elise's handling is almost telepathic, it's so good.
That Carrera GT is such a monster though, only the M3 GTR is faster with the right driver.

I've found the Ford GT's handling to be really nice as well.

I remember playing it recnetly and I picked the punto on a whim, some tier two parts and tier one parts and I was going over 200MPH with the damn thing with the gears made slightly longer. Thing was a fucking powerhouse.

games are often built off of the previous in the series, so it could be that some registry key or something small like that shares a common name

for example, CoD games have been run off of "iw3sp.exe" literally since CoD 3. it might have changed with next-gen ones but i know cod4, WaW, MW2 and BlOps 1 all boot with "iw3sp.exe" or "iw3mp.exe"

Anyone thinks HotPursuit2 had the best tracks? Best blend of good looking landscapes, highways and dirt shortcuts.
>wahh wah nigger music
Fuck off.

Attached: HotPursuit2.jpg (1527x2156, 1.74M)

HP2 was the best of the series IMO, carbon and HP1 also deserve very honorable mentions

>nigger music
why are americans so brittle
why do americans hate fun

Attached: busta.jpg (130x210, 8K)

I used mostly the Cayman (after winning it) until unlocking the Lotus, remembered how good it supposedly was, immediately bought and upgraded it and yeah, it's fukken good. My goal playing was to try to use Speedbreaker as little as possible and so far I think I've only ever had to use it twice, during one of the Blacklist races where there was some bullshit hairpin where the AI smacks right into the wall, then speeds off at 150mph like it's nothing. It feels more like the game was balanced around using SB (or just crashing) at every corner, and actually braking and following a good line makes everything so much easier even in an underpowered car. Only complaint about the Elise is that even with lowered ride height it has a really fucking high center of gravity and wants to flip over sideways or at least end up on two wheels on some corners.

Probably gonna finish career and challenge mode soon, then reinstall Carbon which I remember exactly nothing about so I'll probably pick the wrong car at the start and get fucked over the whole game.

Attached: speed 2018-03-18 21-42-43-57.png (1920x1080, 3.01M)

>Speedbreaker
wtf is this this doesnt sound like physics

If you want Carbon on easy mode, complete the checkpoint run challenges before starting the career. This unlocks the 240SX, which is hugely overpowered for a Tier 1 car and will remain competitive all the way through tier 2 or 3, depending on how good you are.

Hot Pursuit 1 or High Stakes have the best tracks in my opinion. HP2 still has good ones, but it's missing some of the more fantastical or out-there environments like Atlantica, Empire City, etc. Hometown and Country Woods are maximum comfy as well.

That's that "press button, time slows and car weighs 100000lbs" button. Fun if you like crashing into things but way more fun to just race normally and not touch it. Regenerating nitrous is enough nonsense for me, given using it at all is basically a "press this button to lose" with MW's ridiculous rubberbanding.

Attached: 1447987657174.png (1280x960, 795K)

>user implies nigger music
>other user implies implications of nigger music
>niggers jump in to defend nigger music in a nigger game

HP2 tracks are my favorite specifically because they look believable yet very gorgeous. The island with the volcano was special but not too much.

>Only complaint about the Elise is that even with lowered ride height it has a really fucking high center of gravity and wants to flip over sideways or at least end up on two wheels on some corners.
Oh, and it's also really fucking light (no shit, right?) so all the AI cars bash you out of the way at every opportunity.

Challenge shit in Carbon unlocks career mode stuff? That's weird. What the hell, EA?

The island was fantastic but only on the PS2 version, where it had the flowing lava, fire trucks, etc- other versions are a totally different game graphics-wise, which is a royal shame. The forest fire area has the same effect- smoky and awesome on the PS2, and just another boring corner on the other platforms.

>MW's ridiculous rubberbanding
Hold my beer, this is on hard difficulty btw
youtube.com/watch?v=wY9gVd9ofzY

>nigger nigger nigger nigger!
Okay kid.

>Challenge shit in Carbon unlocks career mode stuff? That's weird. What the hell, EA?
Oh yeah, all the unlocks are game-wide.

>it runs 11s

>nigger nigger nigger nigger!
MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

t. did not know who the doors were until snoop doggggg "covered" their song

>on an actual track in a street racing game
i dont understand this franchise

>PS2 version, where it had the flowing lava, fire trucks
I had no idea, I only played it on PC at the time. Just the steel part of the road felt awesome to me, with the lava underneath. Every track had a distinct aesthetic really well made: the island, the autumn forest, the sequoia park, the mediteranean coast. Beautiful.

UG2 had sponsors and shit....weird game.

>im 14 and my generation music sucks, but not me im special
Mate the Doors are so fucking known my english teacher in middle school used Morrison and Hendrix as examples of english songs. Fuck off with that retard mindset of "muh real music opposed to their fake shit".

Attached: youfaggot.png (651x2881, 620K)

Do yourself a favor and either play or emulate the PS2 version. I'm normally a PCfat for everything but it's one of the few game where the PS2 looks the best.

>being this mad someone called his undershitty a nigger game

snoop covered a doors song?

Attached: ryderintelligent.png (422x357, 161K)

High Stakes had three enclosed, tight non-street race tracks.

ill be honest. ive only played NFS games at internet cafes. my favorite racing game is Colin McRae's DiRT and my second favorite is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Attached: f19359b22c72d583e559d45a1f608873.png (800x634, 368K)

The /ovg/ wiki has a guide and downloads to get most of them running on modern OSs, they're well worth playing.

from the sounds of things i wouldnt like them, i only like GTA SA so much because it's clearly made by gun and car enthusiasts. the only real break from physics that isn't for ease of play is that there's air control but otherwise I've found that playing it like I play DiRT or 4ZA in autotragic mode gets me better results than treating it like Mario Kart.

NFS unironically sounds like Mario Kart -- gaining speed by drifting instead of bleeding speed, car combat being a thing instead of contact just ending in going off-course and wrecking, etc

ive played the literal arcade version the most, probably, and have disliked it for its physics being unintuitive compared to "simcades" like DiRT or even Sega Rally or Wangan or Initial D (but then again i fucking hate wangan and initial d for similar reasons, the driving is somehow less responsive and less intuitive than things like Colin McRae Rally/DiRT and GTA games and such)

redpill me on NFS

Attached: 215.jpg (1280x960, 439K)

I was going to tell you all about how the original NFS games were far less arcadey than you think and you can tell how many of the devs were auto enthusiasts just by watching the credits (which list what vehicles the deva owned) but given you lack the intelligence to either go to Google or not just type "redpill me" you can go back to GTA Shark Card Online.

>GTA Shark Card Online
i dont know what that is.

Attached: Elegy-GTASA-modified-front.jpg (1000x1538, 458K)

Thank for the advice, good thing the only console I won is a PS2.

Carbon was really fun but man was it regressed. I still love it though, the atmosphere of canyon duels and the way the moon and lighting effects reflected off the cars, the sounds of the engines and the tires squealing on the midnight canyon were fucking fantastic.

Attached: 1490466922732.jpg (1131x806, 169K)

I thought the canyon races were the worst part of the game with the forced shitty drift physics.

>canyon duels
>drift physics
???

best everything, really