/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #924 - Best Bot edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7uHTaazsXo
youtube.com/watch?v=iK98xw-BZJI
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w
twitter.com/Nakamura_ShunR/status/906360417412194304
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hugging intensifies

more like worst bot amirite

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7uHTaazsXo

THIS THREAD IS NOW UNDER TOTAL CONTROL OF THE GREAT DR. EGGMAN.

POST EGGMAN-RELATED CONTENT ONLY, ANY AND ALL VIOLATORS WILL BE KILLED INSTANTLY

youtube.com/watch?v=iK98xw-BZJI

Depending on where you live, there are only 60 days left until Sonic Forces is out. Yes that's right, just sixty (six tens) days left until Sonic Forces is released in the US.

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

Gonna sleep. Hope all of our Floridaanons will be okay!

Nyehehehe!

This vids are a treasure user

>he likes treasure hunting and shooting stages but dislikes the team mechanic
I don't think I've ever seen a more retarded Sonic opinion

We've got all the Sonic games you could want down here, user. We've got classic style, we've got adventure style, and we even have a game starring your favorite side character.
And they're all fast. Yes, they're all fast.
And when you're down here

you'll go fast, too.

Shadow is evil

Wrong theme, friendo.

youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w

How long have people been jerking off about Heroes in this general? How many people are doing it?

twitter.com/Nakamura_ShunR/status/906360417412194304

These shirts are pretty sick.

No.

He's a brave and heroic hedgehog.

It's 2 people who grew up with the game and refuse to let go of nostalgia

I love this theme song

I'm pretty sure it's just one or two people who vehemently defend everything about Heroes and maybe a handful who just generally like the game more than Adventure/Boost

The art I posted comes from SA1, and everyone does E.G.G.M.A.N. all the time. Give the other one some attention.

I don't like treasure hunting, but I would be open to alternate kinds of gameplay styles.
Heroes felt clunky as shit at times, the way Forces does it actually looks better.

I miss this theme.

He gave his life to save the unnamed planet that's as cool and blue as Sonic

I GOT THE MASTER PLAN.

But this is best bot.

TOMORROW I'LL

sup, i'm the guy who said that boost, adventure2sonic, classic, treasure hunt, and mech all have a place in the series last thread.

i didn't talk shit about sonic heroes, that was somebody else. comparing forces "team gameplay" to heroes is kind of a joke, though.

I'm getting a blank image.

Everytime I look at this character, it makes me think of all that:

>a cute, CUTE! pure not for sexual semen demon smug anime girl

/v/ and /a/ shit.

the planet is repeatedly called earth in sonic adventure 2.

the "sonic's world" delusion didn't show up until after unleashed.

Suppose that every main character has their own special theme in Forces. What would your reaction be if Eggman, Sonic, and Shadow all have songs based on their Adventure songs? So a new version of It Doesn't matter, E.G.G.M.A.N and Throw It All Away. Would it be seen as Sega trying to make this game Sonic Adventure 3?

Those days will never return. The problem with your statement is that it implies that Sega is "trying" with Forces at all.

How long do you expect Forces to be?

where were the good artists that month? doing Mega Drive #3? the Genesis of a Hero issues all look like complete ass.

7-8 hours long.

Barely longer than Generations.

So last time I interacted with anything related to Sonic was when Sonic Generations came out.
Recently found out about the Sonic Boom cartoon and I'm really enjoying it, heard horror stories about the games though. What're they like?

so, this "& Knuckles"
how should I play it? I already cleared Sonic's solo, Kuckles' expecting a different ending or climatic fight but didn't get one; point is, what's next??
Tails?

How long has this been in production? It seems longer than some of the previous games. It'll be longer than Generations for sure but i'm not sure by how much.

Glitchy and boring, that's what happens when you're making a game and no one tells you what console it's for. Shows great fun at least.

Why the hell didn't Amy end up with anyone in the future of the Archie comics?

Yet another timeline revision, this time with a bit more thought into it.

Shattered Crystal and Fire & Ice are really mediocre, but Rise of Lyric is an abomination against mankind.

It'd be interesting to see pencils of it. Could be mediocre inker.

Cause she lives for Sonic.

SEGA wants to see her suffer and Sonic is the only one the captured her attention I guess.

that's something i've honestly always wondered about bad issues. it'd be neat if comics released inks / pencils online to subs

Yardley was always pretty mediocre.

You're lying!

>forces is a continuation of both mania and chronicles

Did Archie hate her?

CROCKED

In pre-reboot, yes in some capacity. Though it's more the fact she was in the way of the OCs.

Well some artists have released pencils of the issues they do, and is pretty on the money. Even with mediocre pencils like Yardley's (Or at least late Yardley), they're still okay. Problem is that Terry Austin is a shit inker
To a degree yes, but the problem was that for a while Amy was still noticeably younger than most characters, plus the writers preferred their own OCs to her. Granted, Bollers did want to shove her into a love triangle but he left before he could do that. Only times Amy got to shine were Iron Dominion and the reboot. Honestly compared to other game characters, she got off easily.

Admittedly I hate Amy too but god damn don't leave the poor girl hanging. They should've gave her someone.

I must blind or tired then because I'm not seeing anything.

In Generations 3DS, Tails remember Biolizard, so Generations and Adventure 2 can't be in different timeline

In the most meta sense, she does win in the end. That future shown will never come to pass.

Eh, I dunno. I mean by the time Ken left, Sega was starting to get involved in the comics and apparently she wasn't allowed to show up in that timeline because they idn't want to imply she got over Sonic
And thank god for that because MXYL is a dumpster fire

This calls for a time loop

The whole team was filled with Sallyfags. And where there are Sallyfags, there is Amy hate.

To be fair I think the only Sallyfag among the writing team at any point was Ian. Maybe Gallagher but I doubt it. Penders tried to kill her off a few times and Bollers helped ruin her character and only used her for shipping drama

>

This is kind of nice, but at the same time Tails is getting off too easy

Oh yeah, the comic basically "ended" with a dose of Sonamy.

Oh the irony!

Why must Buddy be so cute?

Let the squirrel girl rest in peace.

Well shit. How's the show performing anyway? It's fantastic.

Reminder that their kids had flirtations with Bunnie's & Ant's kids as well as Lara-Su & Argyle. Given another generation, everyone would have eventually be related to everyone in the future.

>tfw Buddy is going to have to kill his friend in Forces.
You know who I'm takin' 'bout.

>Reminder that their kids had flirtations with Bunnie's & Ant's kids
How fucking bizarre is it that their kids show up but they don't in any fucking capacity?

I like Sally, it's just too bad about comic book writers sometimes.
In any case who knows, maybe she appears in IDW some how.

The show does pretty well everywhere in the world, it just came out in Japan last July. Though in America CN moved it to boomerang since they seem to be actively trying to destroy the channel.
There have been some rumors of a third season but the 2nd season is still going.

Don't really know much beside that, cartoons really rely on the peripheral stuff, toys, phone apps and stuff like that, ratings being less important.

Of course, his friend got that ruby fucking embedded in him and there's only one way out now.

Classic Sonic?

Check out my girlfriend

I prefer Sonia x Amy.

She is the cousin to this guy, so she may have went back to Mercia

Infinite is Manic

Infinite is John Goodman

Infinite is fun

Infinite is Gemerl

Infinite is Bubsy

Infinite is Taxman

Infinite is Infinite

>Given another generation, everyone would have eventually be related to everyone in the future.
For me this is always the biggest sign of fanfiction.

Tails is just Sonic for babies. The "& Knuckles" mode isn't all that valuable, either. You just play the game, but with Knuckles following you. Even if you're Knuckles. And doing Knuckles & Knuckles just gets you a still image you can find on the internet and non-existent bragging points. You've basically gotten the most out of Sonic Mania.

Reminder that Knuckles & Knuckles has a secret ending

please make "& Knuckles" a meme

Done, you're welcome.

NANI

what did they mean by this

bing bing wahoo

ring ring WOOOOOOOOOOO

Sonic has memes. Mario doesn't.

FEELIN GOOD

Sonic PR team at work.

Is it confirmed that Buddy won't have any dialogue in Forces, just grunts?