/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 5] ntrboot_flasher now supports magnethax from at least 9 cards. github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Sep 7] TheFloW announced a plugin that circumvents npdrm. In theory no more buggy dumpers, just 1:1 copies of games. pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

im drunk

Welcome to Homebrew General.

samus returns never ever

Hi drunk I'm user

nio, seriousky, the bar im at has free qwifi. Hiiii hbg

See if you can pick up any chicks if you show them your 3DS hacking.

Dudr liek theres TOTALLY this chick with glasses shes hot as fuck, but flat too. I should assk hdr to dance

She sounds a lot like . You should pursue and report back.

has metroid returned

I'm still on A9LH, if I use my 3DS for an occasional pirated game how badly do I need up update to the new shiz?

I've only run into one rom I had to "firmware spoof" for Luma 7.0.5. If you don't know how to do that, you may eventually run into the same thing on a new release.

Got some NFC tags today from amazon. Using Thenaya on 3DS to create amiibo for usage in other games is fantastic. Plus it gets me ready for games like Samus Returns if I can't find the amiibo set in stores.

>tfw getting tunics and shit in BotW and other unlockables in other games
>save space and money with cheap and flat NFC tags

I'm not concerned over the actual object of the amiibo, I could really care less about the physical statue part, but locking content that I want behind toys that are already ridiculously hard to find (and expensive if you buy sets) is just a practice I can't really support.

Also MSR physical cart cia fucking WHEN?

My nigga.

My phone has NFC so I just change the code and tap that on my switch.

I still bought all the amiibo because I think they're cute!

Take a 5 hour nap and ask me then.

So anyone have DSTT working with magnethax? Do nds-card's work?

Sje saif no, that her friendss draggwd her here amd diesnt want to be here.

do it

I don't have a phone with NFC support, so I opted to use the Thenaya app on my n3DS to create them. Would've done what you did otherwise.

I'm a serious sucker for anything Metroid related, so I'm gonna try to get the M:SR set in stores, otherwise it's a tag for everything else. I want to squish that Metroid.

>tfw East Coast is getting less of the Hurricane shit
wew

Is there a Homebrew that allows you to boot your DSI games from your SD so you can save system nand?

>he didn't get the powersaves amiibo edition plus powertag bundle for $30 for unlimited amiibo piracy with the rewriteable tag
plebeians

Oh wekl, heres a pic of my 7th beer
Cheers /hbg/, gimmw more vita piracy

>he didn't just pirate a /home brew girlfriend (male)/

>2017
>not homebrewing a girlfriend

you're drunk user

Vita 3.61+ piracy never ever

go drunkedly hack 3DS's

Oof.

my 3ds xl i havent used for months. anyway it doesnt turn on with or without SD card. it just hangs at a black screen with the blue power light on. My SD card when I try put it into the computer with my reader it seems it is corrupted it says "unknown device". I still have my NAND bin backup. How would I get my 3ds xl working again? Or is it fucked?

>drinking piss

the latest twloader with the latest unofficial build of nds-bootstrap could probably do it
however the transitional loading times are balls and half of the stuff requires using mario kart ds as a donor rom just to run and has all that lag. it's literally as bad as trying to run Breath of the Wild on Wii U with loadiine. just get an r4 user. you can always make the money spent back hacking people's 3ds's with ntrboothax for money

Don't be that guy who gets drunk and goes online and acts like an idiot because you feel intoxication gives you charisma and privilege yet excuses your behavior.

It doesn't.

Can you explain how to do this? Or point me to something i can google?

I had wine earlier

Ok dude

Im gonna sing in the karaoke brb

Where do you guys get the amiibo dumps?
Is there a big pack or something?

Guys how do I homebrew Karaoke?

MH Stories US titlekey when

just download the cia it was posted last thread

Use the wii.

Dudes! I sang and the cute glasses girl smiled at me! Time to re-approach!

So I have a strange question. I'm trying to get Final Fantasy V Ancient Cave to work on my 3DS. I can pack the rom into a .cia just fine. But the problem is I need to be able to load a specific save in order to start the game correctly. I have a copy of the save in .srm format. Is there a way to get that onto the 3ds so I can load it? I'm not sure if it can even read that format, and even if it could, I'm not sure on where the saves are stored on the system. Any suggestions?

Anyone got a link? I assume last thread is dead

Metroid out yet?

ok, got enso installed now

should I put my profile on the vita and upload all my games from my pc now? can I delete trophies from games I don't own to upload trophies from games I do own?

tell me everything I need to know

only the preload but it's useless without the titlekey

I gotchu senpai, give me about 5 hours

what's the difference between vpks and maidrumps?

>she's 14
NOPE, MISSION ABORTED
GOOD NIGHR HBG

>useless without the titlekey
You mean the seed

>download link is broken
Someone should archive all the wii brew.

xenoblade keeps crashing at random points when I try to launch the game, and sometimes randomly during cutscenes.

A9LH + Luma on N3DSXL, send help .

try lowering the clockspeed + L2 cache to default values

are you overclocking your 3ds? try turning it off

I actually forget how, I haven't touched this thing since the switch came out

I actually meant DSIware games. Like, the onea you've purchased

hold start on boot and turn off the cpu+l2cache in luma config

Veeky Forums's (not new unless you count 4+ years as new) archiving feature is a wonderous thing. It's almost like OP links previous threads for a reason.

um, my vita is asking me to sign on to psn

what do?

3.61+ never ever

I think it's off?

no, the x in on clock

press a until it's on off

Why do you have no settings turned on?

Because I don't know what to turn on

help pls

Well my settings are:
Enable loading external firms and modules

Enable game patching

Show NAND or user string in system settings

Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_Firm(Don't really need that)

Disable exception handlers(I don't have dev builds,I only use regular)

>tfw want to update wii u to 5.5.2, but don't want to lose sweet 100% success rate with browser exploit
>Don't want to get Haxchi either

sigh

>West coast gets obliterated

As Nature always intended.

rip psndl

queer.

aliexpress and ebay don't allow people to sell r4's any more, do they?
I know any one I buy is going to come straight from china any way, so I figure I may as well get the better price on it.

Monster Hunter World leak and PS4 piracy when?

Alright, I'll be here waiting. Thanks, user.

There are some on ebay when you type 3ds sdhc

ironically enough the girl I'm seeing right now is shy as fuck and I got her to meet up by gifting her my o3DS set up with her favorite games
it's almost too tumblr for my taste but still better than meeting girls when drunk and then realizing they're whores three months into some kind of ''''relationship''''
/hbg/ is the treasure planet

Is there a point to updating?

how do I update my 3ds to v9.x/10.x/11.x pre 11.5? Or should I just update officially from nintendo and then hack it? what will happen if I already have cfw on it?

This might be the wrong place to ask but anyone know how to make a cia out of a gba file if the footer generator fails to detect a save type for your rom?
And i guess i'll ask if anyone was
able to make a cia out of this game?

>tfw NoNpDrm will finally make Senran Kagura Bon Appetit read Shinovi Versus DLC
>tfw people in here most likely haven't bought any of it

>don't have gm9 folder
>made one and added the scripts folder
>placed file inside
>no option for scripts after following the guide to that point
the only gm9 folder I had before creating my own was a gm9out. godmode is installed and working, but no scripts option. do I add a scripts folder to gm9out?

VMU Backup CD or Dream Explorer?

I'm just some random guy who haven't used their PSVita for more than 2 years now, so forgive me for not knowing basic stuff.
Are the vita hacks permanent yet? Last time I checked they need to be reinstalled when turned off which is kinda inconvenient.
Also, is it possible to output video into a PC without any hardware modding?

I check the wikia link in the OP for some answers but it looked like it hasn't been updated in a while, so I might as well ask here if there's any progress with those.

Thanks.

Wait till that crunchyroll hax comes out.

>super fucking obvious that i'm on henkaku and pirated stuff
>played online
>uploaded trophies from digital only games
>still not banned
I don't understand.

Sony doesn't care about their dead console, that's it.

>Are the vita hacks permanent yet? Last time I checked they need to be reinstalled when turned off which is kinda inconvenient.
Yeah, it is. You'll have to install HENkaku first and then install Ensō. Links ought to be in the pastebin.
>Also, is it possible to output video into a PC without any hardware modding?
Don't know if it finally became a thing but Rinnegatamante wanted to add it at one point. Look up Rincheat.
>I check the wikia link in the OP for some answers but it looked like it hasn't been updated in a while
It hasn't, because it's just quicker to make pastebins.
Though, I might update a few things soon which is pretty much pointless since virtually nobody checks it anyway.

How is the freeshop doing these days?

All I see that's new is Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia.

While on the subject of botw if you want your wolf link amiibo maxed out i modified the smash cheat tool a while back.
It probably needs the appdata initialised though so on the off chance you haven't produced a tag for it yet i would just use the maxed out one on nfc bank.

>pastebins
Sorry, I didn't notice the pastebin links. Thanks for answering.

Update the titlekeys site

Also check VITA2PC for streaming.

So the Switch DNS 205.166.76.187 doesnt work anymore? I cant connect to my internet with it.

Trying to update from 2.2.0 to 3.0.0

How do I access the themes on RPG Maker FES in editor menus? I've installed the updates and DLC on Freeshop RPGMFES, but cannot seem to find the themes to use in the editor?
Is it part of the anti piracy prevention or just plain ol' error? If so, anyone have any idea to fix this?

Dumb question but: Where do you put the system nand backup on an SD card? /al9h/ isn't a folder on my SD card, can I put it at the root and just system recovery through that?

doesn't really matter, as long as it's on there you should be fine.

Yeah, I figured that out before you posted. It's restoring now. Finger's crossed it'll unfuck Nintendo's update that completely hosed the ability to boot to the home screen.

Ok, I'm back at 9.2. It's not seeing the stuff I have on the SD card.

Hourglass9 is apparently still there since L+R+START+A brought up an update menu, do I use that to update to the CFW version?

>Trying to update from 2.2.0 to 3.0.0

Shit nigger what are you doing?

oh god why did you inject an old backup
100% your CFW was just outdated and wasn't able to boot the latest firmware update
which could have been solved by literally replacing one file on your SD

and afaik titles are tied to your NAND so by injecting an old backup your shit's gone
take that with a grain of salt tho

Well, really doesn't matter. Firmware update puts me back where I was: Black screen with no SD card access flashing. So I'm not sure what is going on there.

Going back to 9.2 means NTR and the al9h weren't loading on the Homescreen. So I'm not sure how to get those back and then update everything from there.

>the a9lh weren't showing on the homescreen
do you have any idea what you are talking about?
did you inject a backup where a9lh was already installed or the clean 'before CFW 9.2' one from last year February?
I advise you to just follow OP's guide before you panic and make things even worse

What I mean is:

1) "Firmware update is available!"
2) Firmware update
3) Reboot
4) Reboot hangs on black screen while SD card access is flashing like crazy
5) Thinking it's hanged (since no home screen, reboot)
6) SD card access is no longer flashing, black screen, blue-light/power on.
7) NAND restore since possibly "bricked?"
8) 9.2.0-20U
9) Firmware update in attempt to get Firmware back to CFW level
10) go to: #3.

Rinse repeat. I'm not sure where I'm failing to get it back to NTR.

Also I took the backup AFTER al9h was installed. So al9h is able to be recovery menu'd. I'm just not sure where it's failing to update to the latest Firmware from.