/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Last Thread: 188217315

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/529870/
steamcommunity.com/id/i_have_no_life_ololol/
steamcommunity.com/id/nacle/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e9VBtUO0tY2l58DSUb_JHnULDuAhziqnOCQH1VS4GtY/edit#gid=61256338
rule34.paheal.net/post/list/underrail/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last Thread:

Is Subnautica pretty much finished at this point?

Nope, the plot cuts off somewhere halfway through it.

There's more plot and a lot of optimization left to to, I think.

I'm going to shamelessly shill this game again because I have nobody to play it with, despite it being quite fun.

store.steampowered.com/app/529870/

I'm on the way, user.

I'm reminded that I saw Fuego at a con and decided I wanted to shill it but never got around to it

I wrote off Subnautica as just another shitty open world survival early access game trying to cash in on rust and similar titles way back when I first saw it. Am I right or is it actually a good game?

It's actually good for 20-30 hours, which is a whole lot more than most open world games. There's a plot and goals, which is what that genre is usually missing, and the open world that you're in is interesting and beautiful but also spooky as fuck. And the usual things are pretty well polished, though that wouldn't mean much if not for the bits before this sentence.

This game is aesthetic. What's your steam so we can play?

Subnautica's focus is singleplayer plot and detailed handcrafted world. In that sense it's nothing like those open world pvp & grind survival games that spawned off the DayZ craze.

neat. Is it worth $20 or should I wait for a sale?

My profile is pretty fuckin' gay but don't let that scare you away

steamcommunity.com/id/i_have_no_life_ololol/

That depends on how much you value your money, obviously. Don't go without food for it.

Well it is, but also the gayest thing on your profile is the Microgons so it's not like anybody would expect different from the context of the conversation.

To echo the previous answers, it's an incredibly nice world. The survival aspect is only important early on when your sources of water, food, and air are all shit. After that, it just lingers in the form of you not really being able to fight the largest threats and instead having to avoid them through whatever means

Like others already pointed out, the plot is not yet finished and the game is poorly optimized. I wouldn't buy it as is. 20 bucks would be an okay price for the finished game though.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale.

So.. it's Chess.

Fucked up mods probably. Try a clean install.

>
Okay then.

Just like how Call of Duty is Doom, right?

Yeah, it's not the first game to base itself off of the classic game of Chess. The one thing I don't like is that there's a time limit, but that can't be helped I suppose. 60 seconds.

Anybody want to play? steamcommunity.com/id/nacle/

Oh I guess it's 80 seconds, still feels like not enough time as a noob

>TFW getting into the meat of it I think
I don't know what lies ahead, but I am planning to build many sandcastles.

>TFW this retarded too

What's your favorite meme game?

Any good mods for Rimworld get released recently?

How do I into rimworld roleplay? I kind of enjoy building the base at the beginning and struggling to survive but once I reach hydroponics and gun turrets the struggle is pretty much over and I'm mostly left wondering what else is there do outside of just making a bigger base for the sake of a bigger base.

Just enjoy the flow of the game. Try to get off world or conquer it. it's meant to be a really long game. If you do that and your still bored install some mods or a scenario and follow it to the letter.

Doing that now actually. I'm just here while I wait.

>once I reach hydroponics and gun turrets the struggle is pretty much over
Up the difficulty and play with Randy. Cassandra is boring, too consistent.

>trying to intentionally cause a fire to burn down everything outside my base
>every single time it starts raining shortly afterwards
I swear the game is doing it on purpose, it only ever rains whenever I try to set fire to shit intentionally

Feels bad man my I ask why you want burn down everything on the map?

I wish to see all the animals burn

Please manage your zones properly, that fire is in your home and pawns will try to firefight it. I recommend disabling the auto-expand for home area, it's really unhelpful when you're building outer walls.

Huge outdoor fires (say 50% of the map has burnt) eventually cause rain, but cases like that won't.

its not in my home area, the pawn next to it was the one I used to start the fire

Yet you are getting a "fire in home area" alert. Hmm.

Or get one of the modded storytellers.

Does this belong here? Pretty much nobody else but japs have played it, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

How is it?

understandable.

Pretty good, plotwise the twists are pretty obvious but does keep you wanting to know what happens next. Gameplay is nothing special, but plenty competent. The theme and the aesthetic is where it's at though.

How "Horror" is it? Jumpscares? Atmospheric?

There's probably like two jumpscares in there, one in the pseudo-tutorial I actually like that one because it came up while you're browsing the inventory screen and one somewhere that I don't quite remember. It's mostly atmospheric, the sound design lends itself to it quite well.

i bought it at the summer sale but i had to return it because it kept crashing

Did you mean the first one? Pretty sure the sequel haven't seen an English release yet.

Where can a cool guy find some basic need-to-knows regarding Darkest Dungeon?

in the darkest dungeon thrdead
or docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e9VBtUO0tY2l58DSUb_JHnULDuAhziqnOCQH1VS4GtY/edit#gid=61256338

I appreciate you, user. I have no idea what any of this means.

OH THERE ARE OTHER TABS
WOW I AM A DUMPASS

How come there's still no underrail rule34?

>Never bid in a sealed bid auction for achievements in a computer game.

All the characters are too generic and lifeless. It's a cool game but the character design is WEAK

Look for a guide to pray to the god of RNG.

Okay, what about any art at all? There's basically menu image and similar with a female with xbow.

Yeah I've heard about that a lot as well. The google doc looks helpful for only certain classes and combos, and some pages are outright blank. I guess the best way I'm gonna learn this is by playing for myself.

That dude's axe is fucked

Do you by PC of old games you played to death back in the day?

Because I'm temped to by a PC Port of a game that I played to death back in the day.

there's also a wiki

What's with this card art style, doesn't look like anything else lmao

I've played DD, but not in a while, so if you have specific questions, I can try to help out.

You sure about that?

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/underrail/1

Did you see the chart?

Basic of DD is knowing who is good where and having a plan. Also prepping.

Basically, look at a characters basic attack. If it's good vsundead then catacombs, beast goes to warrens, eldritich is cove, etc. If you have a person that deals damage to someone who has a condition the have someone else in the party who can inflict that condition have make sure they have a higher speed stat.

Also 8-12 food per day in a dungeon. Bring the herbs and use them on rotting stuff for more foods in the dungeon.

I guess all this is obvious stuff

If you could link it, I'd be grateful.

I'm about to launch for the first time. I guess if you can tell me any classes to stay away from, and where to (not) position certain classes, would be a nice starting point.

Wow this is perfect. Fuck that other shit.

I think I've woken up into an alternate universe where Veeky Forums is useful.

I am beginining to fucking hate panthers
they keep killing my shit and these fucks are not even manhunters
>first they killed my only female doggo when she was pregnant
>then they killed two muffalo which randomly joined before they could even reach my base
>now they kill a wanderer which joined and was on his way to my base before I can save him

How important is the Crimson Court DLC? I figure I'll just play the base game and if I like it enough, buy the DLC.

Not very, in fact it adds an element of management that might not be suited for first time players. It's absolutely possible for a roster to be fucked by the curse and getting ass raped by the Fanatic all day.

Rimworld animal psychology 101. Carnivores hunt whatever is nearby when they're hungry. Otherwise they're passive, unless there's a manhunter event or you proc a revenge event when hunting them. Take a look at their hunger bar when in doubt.

Every game has a different style. I don't remember Ninja from CCN1 at all though.

It's not a bad idea at all to play the base game first, as you'll also fully appreciate the DLC if you decide to get it later.

How many torches is advised to take? Also what does the icon underneath hp represent? x/200

The bar underneath HP is stressmeter.
Buy torches based on the length of dungeon you're entering, 6 should be more than enough for short runs especially if you use them wisely.

Now go play it, part of the fun is learning the game.

>built my first minigun in rimworld
>this is the thing the fucking guy makes
Jesus Christ, he must have been as excited to make it as I was

I am, I've only just got out of the tutorial I think. I like it so far.

>tfw stopped playing DD because i was too shit to pass the first level of the Darkest Dungeon

>"hey ezra did you mind control a guy so you could sell him mutagen that would mutate everyone there into horrible acid mutants thus dooming an entire comunity?"
>'no'
>"k"

Does Stardew Valley need steam to work? I think I remember it coming out and people just throwing it up on mega right away.
I'd like something to toss onto a usb to play with while I wait out the storm

I don't know but I see it has no drm free download on Humble.

That sucks, thanks though user

To my best knowledge, no version of Stardew has any kind of protection. So you don't even need a Steam emu to be able to run it. But it takes no time to check it yourself.

Hey /indie/, it's that Veeky Forums league person again. We've been given the opportunity to organise another friendly in addition to the one against /agdg/ on the 16th. Who would you guys like to play?
Pic related are the current generals with a team. I believe the only other confirmed new team is /yyy/.

Do I really have to use xal-001 until it breaks? It's a lot of shots.

heading into night 5 in darkwood, anything I should be prepared for?

It's a prototype, it'll malfunction sooner than expected. You might want to try it somewhere safe.

I pacified psy beetle with it already. Guess I'll try it on rathounds near sgs next time.

4xg

Hatefuck with /utg/

Hi spiderfag

You can do a second round of that later. It ends very much the same way.

You can also just do some target shooting.

In sgs? Completely forgot about it.

Either utg or civ4x for the spiderb owl.

Another vote for /civ4xg/ because spider-friend. Even though I dislike his OP pictures.

>mfw

i'm not spiderfag, i just shitpost in both regularly in order to acquire the very hottest horatio sauce

I like the idea of undertale matchup.

I bought it for ten

But its on GOG