Change 2 of the 8 quarts of ATF in transmission

>Change 2 of the 8 quarts of ATF in transmission.
>Transmission shifts so smoothly now I can't even feel it shift.

Why tho?

Attached: we just don't even know.gif (500x281, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Dgsc0D2CXU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

most of the dirt and shit is in that 2 quarts. transmission flushes are a meme for service centers to make money.

>transmission flushes are a meme for service centers to make money.
transmission flushes are how you grenade a high mileage tranny.

>don't service the transmission ever
>problems occur
>flush ATF
>trans. finally shits the bed
>hurr durr the trans flush killed it
what's it like to be retarded?

Attached: 1519176861853.jpg (1080x1080, 422K)

I bet you don't have the balls to flush out your DD. post results

I do home flushes my dude
best of all worlds
>no goobers touching my car except me
>all the fluid changed at one time therefore
>all the fluid is clean, no ratios of dirty to clean
>total cost: $20 for 10 feet of vinyl hose and two buckets plus $5 per quart of ATF

>YFW results posted

Attached: 1518278542703.jpg (576x472, 52K)

mileage? I service my shit every 50k and I still wouldn't risk flushing it

>ATF
>lol im an enthusiast too guise!
>i just dont do anything but stomp and steer!
>my opinion still matters!
>guise?

Attached: 1509289853874.gif (200x200, 2.9M)

about to roll over 200K, like 199,8something
Aisin transmission
oh best part:
no machine forcing fluid into your trans to kill seals and no chance of contamination from different fluid still in the machine

>no machine forcing fluid into your trans to kill seals and no chance of contamination from different fluid still in the machine

Attached: tpr_west_coast_2009_0968_136[1].jpg (600x800, 105K)

yeah, that what i said
>no machine to contaminate with different fluids
>and no goober to turn pressure up too high
and your problem is?

Attached: 1511756265960.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

>Implying some manual transmissions don't use ATF.

Newfag here, I have an 04 grand am, 155k miles on her, I want her to last, whatever you guys are talking about sounds important, what is it, how do I do it. What is two out of eight quarts of atf in transmission, what is this fluid, how do I do this? I'm actually this retarded teach me.

pull the dipstick on your automatic transmission. if it is dark brown to black and smells burnt with possible metal shards then your transmission is trash and you should just drive it till it dies. DO NOT REPLACE FLUID

if its dark red to redish brown and still just smells sour then its just old and a drain and fill would be a good idea. DO NOT GET A FLUSH.

if its pink and clear then its fine and don't touch it.

4 or 6 cyl? I believe that trans has a drain plug on the bottom, pointed toward the front under the cooler lines with an 11mm head. Drain into a container like an old 5Qt oil jug, add that much new fluid into the top. Should be a big plug screwed in under the intake duct. Then start it. There's another 11mm plug on the side, I think pointed toward the oil pan - the level check plug. Take that out while running and add fluid until it comes out barely trickling. If you add too much just wait until it comes to a trickle. Put the plug back and you're done. Don't take out the check plug without it running, or too much fluid will come out

It's a grand am, it doesn't have a dip stick for the transmission fluid.

The dip stick is behind the wheel

>waah why doesn't everyone have exactly what I want
why does it even pertain to you

well shit, good job gm...

youtube.com/watch?v=-Dgsc0D2CXU

so I would suggest you fashion a stick and pop the filler cap then dip the stick to assess the fluid

>go to check transmission
>find dipstick tube
>cap says MB workshop only
It's probably fine then.

>It's probably fine then.
till its not

>that will be $4000 for a drain and fill....plus tip

C'mon man. I wrote it all out for you here.

It'll go back to distinct shifting a month later. You're doing good though just do that every 40k

A lot of power steering systems require ATF.

It's pretty easy when you have a transmission, transfer case and powersteering all using the same type of fluid.

>if its pink and clear then its fine and don't touch it.

It's supposed to be replaced before it starts going bad. So if you got to your interval and it looks OK you are best off changing it still.

>Take that out while running and add fluid until it comes out barely trickling. If you add too much just wait until it comes to a trickle. Put the plug back and you're done.

This is much better than with the dipstick.

>This is much better than with the dipstick.
i'm sensing sarcasm, but unsure because i suppose it's upside is when adding fluid you don't need to wait so long for it to get out of the dipstick tube, and it's more accurate. a lot of manufactures actually do this. fords, toyota, etc. but yeah, it's retarded. dude OP'd with the grand am isn't gonna have any fun crawling under there while it's running to get to the plug. especially when they say it should be on level ground for an accurate measurement.