What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the Honda Element?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the Honda Element?

Attached: 1200px-2003-2006_Honda_Element_--_08-28-2011.jpg (1200x816, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B5eE697aqEg?t=15m5s
youtu.be/ks072waMayk
nissanofsacramento.com/used-Sacramento-2003-Honda-Element-EX-5J6YH28553L040319
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mechanically, it's a reskinned CR-V, which is a lifted Civic.
Anyways, Elements are awesome.

Attached: 1473058563602.jpg (800x533, 126K)

Extremely based like the ridgeline. i wish Honda would make more quirky functional but subtle cars like them.

Attached: honda-ridgeline-tjin-7_800x0w.jpg (800x450, 65K)

Fantastic and incredibly useful in a variety of situations. Ugly as fuck though.

the Honda Aztek

The doors are inconvenient in a parking lot.

God why didn't they put a J35 in it

would ruin the entire car. The engine bay doesn't have the room for it. The K24 they come with is a snug fit as it is.

Attached: 2010-honda-element-2wd-5dr-auto-ex-engine_100236124_l.jpg (1024x768, 139K)

Good vehicle for women and men under 5'9"

plenty of headroom retard

Awesome little car, severely under-rated. AWD and manual available, super functional. Plastic interior can be cleaned easily, seats removed/swung up easily, has absolutely fucking B A S E D suicide doors, and a great little half-tailgate with liftback - the perfect combination.

Would've been great if they weren't so underpowered though, these things are positively S L O W.

Attached: element2.jpg (1600x1067, 367K)

My friend had one, and we took many roadtrips in it. Very comfy car, with a lot of room for everything. While it only seats 4, you can easily, and comfortably fit 6 people. There is enough room between the seats for 2 people to sit on the floor.

Eh mileage. Slow. Un-Hondaesque interior styling, feels cheap, but is durable.

Too bad they stopped making them, and now they are like 10 years old, so its hard to recommend. not many people take care of these cars.

Looking at an '06 with 180k with an asking price of $4500. What do?

Attached: eeb61b53dbf323589dd6d3ffb7161733x.jpg (650x488, 87K)

Buy it nigga. I'm in Onterrible and I can't find a decent one for under $10,000.

Attached: element.jpg (555x480, 45K)

>these things are positively S L O W.
K20A2 head swap and K-Pro.

>bye bye whatever shit mileage it got before, hello V8 mileage
If you wanted to get shit mileage with a small displacement engine you could have considered a rotary

>all those mods on a ridgeline

the transmission literally overheats going up a hill.

youtu.be/B5eE697aqEg?t=15m5s

sponsored by Heebman & Kikestein, proud representatives of General Motors

Really good example of what you get when you let engineers and designers lead a project instead of accountants and lawyers.
It really did need a bigger engine, though.

I think it's cool but it definitely needs more ground clearance for what they intended the purpose to be.

I've only seen them converted to wheelchair cars

Noice. I know a carpenter that uses one as his tool van and he has more tools than what I have seen people fit on utility trucks.

very slow cars with a shit load of different trims and versions so the year you get is REALLY important to pay attention to.

As you stated, if you can get the awd manual then it's a nice little "bread truck" but kind of rare and alot of people who have them don't wanna get rid of them. run forever desu

I only ever see Dodge Caravans for that

>invited to go on a road trip
>forced to sit on the floor

t-thanks friend

does anyone else hate these guys

No one sat on the floor during the road trip, just saying it has room for 6 people

I kind of hate them but any modicum of production value on car reviews immediately puts them into the top 1% of car youtubers... also being able to actually get cars to review.

Biggest piece of junk Honda made. Engine ok, but every one I've ever been in the interior was falling apart. Like everything plastic was broken

it's not hard to see how the whole "ethics in games journalism" came about and i see it in the youtube car review community in spades. to get these expensive ass cars to review, most car reviewers get them from the dealers or companies directly as loaners for review, and i've noticed they rarely say damning things about the cars because if they do, they won't get cars to review in the future and their little youtube cottage industry is dependent on it.

the exceptions being demuros model where he gets viewers cars, but on the reviews where he talks about cars he gets from dealers, even i notice they are more glowing than usual. if regualar car reviews actually did a review it would be an awesome channel

butt ugly car, seriously what the heck is wrong with the person who came up with the desgin, 'hmm an asymmetrical shaped cardboard box that's a great start for a car'

I like them a lot. More room inside than the CR-V (or a Tahoe if you pull the seats) Handles better than the CR-V. Indestructible K24a and 5spd manual. Raised rear seating. Trick ass seats. AWD.

One of Honda’s most unique and interesting products. Ultimately ended up being sold mostly to old single ladies with dogs.

Thinking of replacing my first gen CR-V snowbeater with one, but the CR-V is in good shape for being a 20 year old shitbox, that I can’t come up with any reason to replace it yet. But the saline Jew has been slowly creeping into the body panel joins to create the oxidized Jew, so maybe I’ll have a good reason to consider it.

They don’t need all that extra torque!

If your goal is to maximize how much “active xxxtrem lyfestylz SEGA!” gear into a set of HxWxL dimensions as possible, you end up with a box that matches those maximum dimensions.

It’s practical as fuck. People who buy elements don’t give a fuck about how their car looks. They value what it enables them to do.

They look a lot better with body colored painted bumpers. The unpainted blue bumpers look good too. The unpainted black bumpers look hideous. Especially on the mid 00’s era orange rust color. But who cares? It has room to keep a a dirt bike and camping gear for two in the back for a week

Attached: 35302B6E-651D-4A0C-B43A-3A849AD4B0A9.jpg (640x480, 61K)

unironically automotive kino

wouldn't it be better to buy some F-2XX series and just put it one of those removable roofs in the back?

Why didn't they just sell the Crossroad instead?

Attached: 2007_Honda_Crossroad.jpg (2781x1420, 756K)

youtu.be/ks072waMayk

DONNNY

because the Element is actually good.

Attached: 1458966082543.jpg (575x332, 25K)

man fuck that ugly shit i would prefer to own a freakin sprinter van instead of that uglyness for space

Find with me insecure fuckbag

wut?

No one cares what it looks like dumbass. You saw the pic and didn't read the post.
Fuck off, illiterate dumbass.

Attached: htup_0812_03_z+honda_element_jdm_bride_civic_volk_tein+ele_front_side_view.jpg (640x480, 77K)

>Find with me insecure fuckbag

The d key is right below the e key.
>Fine with me insecure fuckbag

why am i insecure for not wanting to own a butt ugly car?

Are they good first cars?

I mostly just need for college, gym and road trips

it shows you care how people perceive you.

Do it.

no I just don't like owning ugly things

why?

because no

but why tho?

You really should take your meds.
user is allowed to have his opinions on an appearance of a vehicle.
Also, practicality isn't everything for deciding on an automobile.

Attached: 1519505723671.jpg (273x240, 19K)

but why?

Because you're coming off as an super insecure child whom is trying to defend the "safe" purchase mom and dad gifted for their first car

why tho?

I saw one sticker bombed one time

Is it not obvious?

Looks like good idea badly executed

Attached: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (600x1040, 73K)

Fucking stupid things, shouldve used that money to develop a new s2000

You figure they would at least put a EXL-V6 trim with that engine right? Probably because the Pilot exists and they don't want that cutting sales

Attached: 58b.png (600x600, 175K)

That's the conclusion I came to after posting, but then again it could have been like a Bronco II

I dig this one a lot

Maybe a J30 but no 4wd

You must be talking about Nissan's design philosophy.

The Element was all Honda USA's doing; Honda Japan hated it and killed it as soon as they could.

Why? They could have put RT4WD or the SH-AWD system from the RDX with the J32 in it and made it a limited edition

if they were sold in the UK, i would have bought one as soon as it was shown on top gear, all those years ago

That's because JDM weebs are fucking faggots and would rather drive something 1/3 the size and with a sub 1 liter piece of shit engine.

No wonder Japanese men are becoming impotent. Nation of fucking cucks.

ETCG has an Element and he is B A S E D.

Attached: etcg1.png (761x431, 606K)

Is this a good deal?

2003 Honda Element EX

what prices? mileage? transmission? FWD or AWD?

nissanofsacramento.com/used-Sacramento-2003-Honda-Element-EX-5J6YH28553L040319

>What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the Honda Element?
for whatever reason they just scream "dyke" to me. can't explain why.

Talk them down to 4500-5000
To be honest, the elements tend to hold value REALLY well, so if they won't budge, just take it.

probably because it reminds you of the Subaru Forester

S U N R O O F I N T H E T R U N K

for snuggling with ur qtpie

Attached: pepe depressed.gif (924x507, 993K)

I might be getting into sales with overnight travel and was thinking about getting a vehicle I could comfortably sleep in. It's this or a Prius (Prius you can run ac/heat overnight without leaving the engine running).
Are the automatics reliable? I prefer manual but wife.

>but wife.
throw her out on the freeway and suggest she's too stupid to drive a manual.