/xcg/ - XCOM General

Finish the Fight Edition

Previous Evac:
News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.5 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

STOP USING LURES

First for snek

pistols are useful

Never you whore

meme

>>just got hunter rifle
>>notice it doesn't have extended mags
>>notice it doesn't have improved damage
>>realize that it would cripple killzone
>>into the trash it goes
Man that sucks. I only have the other two weapons as of now so kinda sad the Hunters weapon doesn't hold up

>my bladestorm ranger.
How? M bladestorm ranger always misses when they move close

what they fighting

the terror from the deeps

God

>How? M bladestorm ranger always misses when they move close
Assassin Katana never misses

nth for XCOM is too fucking overpowered in XCOM 2

Why the fuck they do that. At this point it's not even funny, I'm just baffled and kinda embarrassed for them

I mean, they got pretty wacky at the end of the original game too. An avenger full of blaster launcher soldiers is the biggest meme in the series.

>Assassin Katana never misses
brb gonna bladestorm for a bit

What happens if you fail a chosen stronghold assault mission? Do you lose the ability to kill them?

Yes.

In what situations do you savescum?

I hereby settle these clowns into the nincompoop team. Meaning they'll probably survive everything while good soldiers die.

RIP Chad Thundercock
Killed after missing a 98% shot that I was betting his life on.

When very obvious bugs fuck me over. Like a fully revealed pod (in reaper LOS, etc) doesn't display its sight icons correctly and my soldier gets revealed.

Squad Wipe, or if I lose someone early into the game (IE before Plating and Magnetics).

Misclicks mostly

Bugs and misclicks that don't amount to anything, but cost an action or so.

Reaper puts the reaper in repeater

How many Templars / Skirmishers can I have in a team? Can I have a team of all Templars or Skirmishers?

When it's BULLSHIT, last time i save scummed was because a civilian revealed me, and i was sure i had checked, so i reloaded and turned out that in a group of civilians even though i could see all of them, the warning red tiles for one weren't showing.

My first time playing the DLC, how fucked am I by that trait combo?

The warning tiles are bugged to hell and back. Even if you have full sight on a pod the tiles don't show up correctly half the time.

I should have saved Operation Black Tears when it came up.

Jesus Christ what the fuck were they thinking making Banish

>shellshocked
>reapers
You drop one claymore and she goes home running to mommy.

>Brutal

Bugs and misclicks.

I hope you brought grenadiers famalam, shoot a grenade next to the ladder, will probably reveal her then just grenade her with your squaddies/rookies but it's looking easy except for that brutal

>brutal
>assassin
Guaranteed will loss on every mission until you get scanners or git gud. The will loss is permanent.

Brutal is a bigger bitch than she is because of permanent will loss, but
>Shell-shocked
>Adversary: Reapers
is probably the best combination of weaknesses you can roll on a Chosen. Bitch is as good as dead.

Is the permanent side of it actually a bug? I know there's a bug fix mod but has firaxis said whether they intended it to be permanent or not?

i feel bad for jake ever having to interact with this obnoxious sectoid screeching his name every 5 seconds

>misclicks
>bugs
>absolute horseshit happening that I would never have allowed had I even realized it was possible like overwatch shots through buildings because they found the exact tile that let them see through the corner of one window, seriously fuck you game, if you're going to bother to inform me that an enemy on screen is in overwatch, at fucking least show me where it's safe to move. I don't want to fuck about with the camera for half an hour before every move)
>getting RNG screwed too hard to continue the game as is (feel free to make every chosen tank my income every month, but I'm going to savescum mission rewards for supplies so I can keep fucking playing at any half reasonable capacity)
>squadwipe

>at fucking least show me where it's safe to move
If theres one thing Gotcha Again is good for its the Overwatch indicators.

Yes. You also can't evac from the second level so I assume the only option then is win or squadwipe.

I heard the WotC port is buggy so I don't have it installed.

it's worked fine for me

first for GIVE US THE GUNS E3

I hit her with just a normal grenade for 8 and she instantly fucked off, so hopefully when I meet her again an actual claymore will one-shot her.

Well if they intended it to be permanent, they never played their own game on legend.

Legend + first chosen is assassin + brutal = you might as well biomass your A team after that bitch shows up enough times.

I don't think it is intended. No other abilities give you permanent effects like that.

Beat the game, have no interest in replaying it. Just not enough content. Uninstalled from Steam, may revisit it if LW2 comes out for it.

Not until Beagle "30 minutes to set up 1 overwatch trap" Rush is done with his campaign

>Not enough content
Found the boreposter

Just recently I saved scummed when I tried to shoot a Codex in the face and it gave only 40% chance. Apparently the Codex wasn't really on that tile and cloned itself halfway across the map.

Also lots of bugs with Spectres. I've had multiple problems with units not waking up after Spectres died. Even reloading didn't help.

Just because there's one retarded shitposter doesn't mean all criticism needs to be waived away. I'm not him and don't have a complaint of too little content, but the expansion does not do nearly enough to fix the glaring flaws of XCOM 2. It exacerbates them in some cases.

for real? we have to wait until he's finished?

I dont know if he is the boreposter, but I have similar MO. I played half a campaign on commander, full legend campaign and I am more or less done.

Still, it was 100 hours, to so I am not complaining, but there is no reason to play again, until something like LW2.

>LW2
It's also shit and inferior to LW1. XCOM 2 was just a mistake all around except for QoL changes

Well I just finished going through the whole JA 2 1.13 ini settings, so I am ready to play an actual tactics game.

Enjoy your photobooth /xcg/.

Can I suck your dick?

Remind me why that chucklefuck thought it was a great idea?

>JA2 meme
>not Laser Squad
What does dick taste like?

>meme

Dont be mad, not every game can be 10/10. I am not shitting on Xcom, I had fun playing WotC. But it reminded me that something is missing.

Beagle campaign is officially vanilla X2 levels of boring again, let me know when he finally finishes it so we can get the weapon mod

It fixed almost everything, the core code was basically replaced.
They went through way more effort than I would have expected

The Terror from the Deep, a walking Apocalypse.

Laser Squad is better than XCOM, it's just considered too archaic even for X-COM players.

>Tygan says that the defector Lancer I evacuated was smarter than the other recruits
>He's not onboard at all
y-yeah, I'm sure the Skirmishers have greater need of him than we do

Why would anyone like watching that fuck? It's just an hour of nothing until his master plan fails and he starts ranting about Jake Solomon for another hour

How do ADVENT even defect? Aren't they mass-produced and mind-controlled?

Maybe his mind control chip malfunctioned or something.

>Why would anyone like watching that fuck?

Why would anyone like watching someone play videogames in the first place?

It does look like it should be in a museum, that is true.

Its disappointing honestly. WotC looks awesome, especially if you have purifiers going crazy .... but in a near future, we wont get any systems even approaching those of old games, that look like ass, but have depth in them. I guess its the tax for getting into mainstream and having a big budget.

Through chips in their brain apparently, the archives say the first skirmisher was a fluke whose chip degraded for some reason

But why do they then want to free Earth? Or do they just want to shoot ayy lmaos because they manufactured them?

Because they don't want to be slaves mindfucked for all eternity.

Which is a retcon, because the Captain autopsy says that only physical difference between them and other Advent is the red scar on the back of their head.
It's kind of unclear, but don't some of them talk about 'remembering before'? I think they meant for them to be retconned back to being originally human

I thought they were clones made of human paste and positive thoughts. How can they remember anything?

>XCOM 3: Demon World Edition
The planet broke before my rookies did
EARTH STANDS

Maybe more mostly dissolved humans, and regrown xeno flesh+mind chips?

>don't some of them talk about 'remembering before'?

Before they were freed. Apparently it's like a 24/7 stream of commands when they're hooked up.

They remember serving the Elders, committing atrocities, and being fucked in the brain. Advent are manufactured, they were never humans. Unless you count human soup as human.

>Would you rather be able to detonate a double strength environmental explosive without breaking concealment
>Or get a situational +1 damage.
Really hard choice.

>human soup
lewd

yo where the weapon mods @

IG ... these guys truly have it even worse than Xcom rookies. Fighting nurgle plague demons and ork gargants with lasguns and copy of the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer.

Goddamn now I want 40k oldcom.

I will be releasing them in about 3 days

Elder's Greatest Tactician.

When is this gonna be on steam sale? :(

Elder's Greatest Cocoon.

If Chryssalid babies took on the qualities of the bodies they spawned from, shit would be really scary.
Maybe they do, or did. The Elders just genemodded the ability out of them.

wotc should be a standalone game at this point. 60$+40$ is pretty high levels of jewery considering the performance improvements aren't being patched into vanilla.

>A variety of otherworldly entertainment options are available for your enjoyment, stop in today!
>Curious about the latest innovative designs from ADVENT automotive? Inquire about ownership requirements at your local dealer.
>Reminder to all citizens. The possession of weapons or firearms of any kind is a capital offense.
>Be advised, the possession of livestock or domesticated animals is forbidden. Relinquish any unauthorized animals to your nearest ADVENT Peacekeeper.
>Do not be alarmed by any non-human species seen in proximity to ADVENT peacekeepers. Their presence is entirely benign.

I wish I heard more of this in-game, some of the details and insights into how ADVENT run the world are neat

What really got me interested is that movie poster thing. Looks like an android with a football.
I also notice a fuckton of toilet paper on advent city centers.

>The Elders just genemodded the ability out of them.
Well obviously because one time, a Chryssalid did it to an Elder.

>toilet paper
>not Bidet
I thought they were supposed to be an advanced civilization.

>situational
Because of the Reaper's low attack and need to get killshots, you will basically never not be targeting something that hasn't already been attacked.

That said, for the love of fuck get Remote Start