Australian/New Zealand Thread /AUNZ/ (Formally /dat/)

Australian/New Zealand Thread /AUNZ/ (Formally /dat/)

>Foreigners Get Off The Road Edition

>Straya & Kiwi Cars & Bikes
>Straya & Kiwi Questions & Answers
>Straya & Kiwi Pictures & Videos
>Straya & Kiwi Scenic as fuck

/AUNZ/ Recommended Cars (outdated): my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Noteworthy Posts
- Worthy alcohol to drink
- Ashlee backstory pt1
- Ashlee backstory pt2

Attached: 032187-chris-franklin.jpg (316x421, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18787703/#18788361
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18766296/#18766677
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18766296/#18766772
youtu.be/EFXZqyl8xKE
southaucklandmotors.co.nz/used/vehicle-details/?id=1216555&veh=2015-Mazda-3-GLX-2.0P/6AT/HA/5DR&pageNumber=2
youtu.be/zFIPNt9c7Po
youtu.be/SAvqqiygiX0
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/27/the-great-tax-swindle-how-concessions-and-exemptions-benefit-the-wealthiest
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCmyGg3vnM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Noteworthy Alcohol to drink
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18787703/#18788361

Ashlee backstory pt 1
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18766296/#18766677

Ashlee backstory pt 2
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18766296/#18766772

bogans should be executed on sight

Bogans were the ones who killed the falcodores. So we should praise them.

Sup Barney how's life

I'm still waiting on a decent tune

come again?

Nice. Thinking of buying a r32 gts4 as a project, building it up with awd rb25 block from a stagea and doing awd skids.

dont fall for the meemline meme

t. ls1 thats perpetually in the garage

>Rb25
Pig disgusting

b-but awd and turbo

why not make a durty 30 and shove it in a r31?
r32-r35 are memes at this point

i like the 32, i wouldn't mind a gtst but if i bought a gts4 and took out the awd shit and drive it around for a while then eventually step it up and make it awd, at least i have that option to instead of cutting out the floor to fit the awd shit.

rb26's are upwards of 10k now lol

Yea tru

Dirty 30 cuuuuunt

would do rb30 if it didn't interfere with the mounting of a strut brace. i should look into it though.

What's the best highway car I can get for under 10 grand? Preferably a mid to large sedan with a 6 cylinder engine. I was looking at a Lexus ES300 or a Calais / Fairmont. The main goal is comfort and reliability. My wrist is fucked as well so it can't be manual

I would go for a g6e with ecolpi desu, great car. otherwise g6e turbo. they are comfy as shit and they go nicely.

>tfw no work shop

fairmont ghia/g6e turbo

What part of the floor needs to be cut exactly to AWD gear into the 2wd Skidline?

I'll have a look at those then, with being close to petrol in price these days (compared to say 20 years ago) do you still save much money by using LPG?

*with LPG being

Is it true that the 4 speed autos in Fords are shit or is that only the turbo models? Should I just look at later models with 5 or 6 speed autos?

not really, but lpg is 110 octane, which with a boosted car you can push it harder without knock. and LPG burns cleaner, etc. it just stinks but having a proper lpg system fixes all issues that typical LPG memes were made from.

v8 commodore or XR6t, the only two choices.

which state is the most lenient when it comes to engine swaps?
and specifically an engineer's certificate?

Context:
>Cortina mk2
>1.3L Crossflow Engine, 65HP
>Best alternate engine option was a 1.6L Twin-Cam 115HP
Want to swap in:
>2.0L Duratec 135HP stock
>Sierra Type 9 5-speed gearbox
>Maybe Weber 45 DCOE or r1 Bike carbs (probably add a few extra HP)
>Don't need to modify any of the firewall or engine bay area

If I read the QLD rules correctly:
>Power increase of more than 20% over the most powerful engine option for the car requires certification
>Upgrade suspension to that of the donor car
>Upgrade brakes (currently rear drums, front discs)
>a few other things like engine mounts and gearbox mounts

what can I do?
would they let me pop in the engine in one day, then the carbs later without a cert?
Or can I do both and the gearbox no worries?
Upgrading the brakes is something I would benefit from but I kind of want to get great brakes like brembos or wilwoods (suggestions? 13" wheels?) but that will be expensive and right now I just want to drive it

They are crap. Just an old fashioned AOD box adapted with a tiptronic style shifter. The 6 speed ZF box on later models is literally world class.

ZF 6 speed is god tier, it also can handle a fair amount of power stock too.

Regardless of state, as long as the engine you're fitting was never available as a factory option (like a 2.0l Pinto), it requires engineering.
Also the engine you're swapping in MUST meet emissions requirements its donar vehicle was passed with, so that includes all the little stuff like catalytic converters and the like.
So you've got no chance of getting it passed legally with a Duratec fitted with carbs. Although AFAIK you can modify the engine, but if the engine's modified you'll have to pass a sniff test (happy to be corrected).
Do your homework, and ask your local department of transport for contact details of all the registered engineers, then have a chat to the closest one. He/She'll be able to give you the answers Veeky Forums won't.

On a side note of the factory optional engine swaps for example, an XD or XE Falcon can have a 351 Cleveland swapped in along with V8 suspension and brakes and not require engineering permits, but an XF cannot have the same conversion.

t. Zhang

thanks, will give them a ring

I'll stick to later models then, thanks for the advice anons

No dramas mate, please report back with updates and goodluck. Sounds like a fun project.

Just realised what a 2.0 duratech is. Nice project user. I'd probably look into getting a MPS crankshaft to stroke it out a bit too, mps parts bolt into them i believe, where are you sourcing the 2.0 from?

falcunt here ive taken up rappying

youtu.be/EFXZqyl8xKE

next time wank with your other hand...

engine sumps.

Alloytecs can make 250rwkw n/a with cams and a few simple mods so shut up v8 faggots

Attached: 11252867_10152959454277794_2404465655719171320_n.jpg (338x480, 41K)

Oh yeah you drivetrain loss meme faggots this is the sidi which makes 210 flywheel kw stock and 190rwkw stock.

duratec is mondeo engine. used in the mk3 (2001 onwards)
MPS is different engine.

>"stretches timing chain"

>maintains engine oil system and pcv system
>installs stiff valve springs and revs to 8000rpm
>timing chains fine

So, got a car inspected by a dealership, it had been in an accident, told them fuck that, but then they've offered this + a free full vehicle inspection.

southaucklandmotors.co.nz/used/vehicle-details/?id=1216555&veh=2015-Mazda-3-GLX-2.0P/6AT/HA/5DR&pageNumber=2

What do you guys think? First real car I'm buying, seems nice enough (except for the damage on the bottom front left, but I'm not too concerned).

>just carry out warranty ruining mods
Lmao

t. double digit iq welfare sponge

it was actually american red tape and lacklustre chevy sales killed the falcodores but good guess...

ford falcon FG & FGX ecoboost. yes they exist. didnt get great press and not marketed very well. but ive talked to a few owners they said dont buy one thats done less than 100,000k (just run in) the more kays the better it runs.

mang till it bangs
look at the mazda axella too. its the jap import version with smaller engine, your "damage" is just a scrape.

Attached: 22528406_10155343160123990_322824234265147970_n.jpg (960x925, 144K)

t. Xhai

>Be a NEET for more than a year
>First day working since then
>Genuinely have no self esteem, so I'm convinced that I'll fuck up somehow and be let go again

>being such a poor cunt you cant do fun mods to your car because muh warranty.

you will

>Being so poor that you have to settle for the alloykek

Or i have enough money to sink into something uniqe.

Wow a cammed LS how amazing never seen anything like that before

Lol like your i4 shitbox isnt generic mayne

We are talkng about a V6 you inbred fuckwit faggot cunt ashlee sucking nigger

>Alloykeks are unique
Hahaha

>not understanding the n/a 250rwkw and cammed part

I'm not seeing how this is unique. You have a generic v6 that puts out less power than an ls

Anyone work at or worked at either Coles, Aldi or Woolworths/Safeway? What's the best way to get a job at one of these places?

I worked at Woolworth during uni.
Either move to a place with low unemployment and or know one of the managers

>know one of the managers
i swear autistralia has the worst nepotism in the work force in the facken world cunt seriously

Those figures aren't happening, unless it's an optimistic corrected chassis dyno that reads 200rwkw for a standard SV6, in which case your readout's worthless for anything other than a percentage gain.

Shut the fuck up you retarded faggot stay mad because a v6 can make more power than your gay v8

Watch this faggot
youtu.be/zFIPNt9c7Po

youtu.be/SAvqqiygiX0

330 FLYWHEEL KILLOWATTS ON AN ENGINE DYNO NECK YOURSELF

flog

Your problem is that Woolworth has a never ending supply of fob Asians to choose from. They know that they'll be too cheap to join the union and they can treat them like dogshit as they don't understand workers rights.

Did you actually watch the very video you linked?
>175rwkw standard
>214rwkw tuned
Yeah, you sure showed everyone

Thats only intake, cams and exhaust. No ported heads or manifold

Retail is dogshit anyway

>tfw every job i've ever had was by having a connection to a manager
It's no shit impossible to find a job here without knowing somebody.

Attached: auforest.jpg (750x401, 43K)

Yeah. You'd be better off labouring if you can do 40 hours

>250kw @ crank = 250rwkw

qt ghia that urs? red top or 5.0 ?
again you gotta no someone since the facken trades are drying up and shit like this is happening

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/27/the-great-tax-swindle-how-concessions-and-exemptions-benefit-the-wealthiest

>Spend more on tax cuts to the rich than money on the poor
Yeah this wont end badly at all we're basically at max max 1 levels of fucked

>put on high vis
>get some grease and shit on your hands
>go to pub in industrial area
>drink beers and talk to cunts
Also you might have to leave Sydney/Lelbourne

Kek wonder if this will work in qld

It does. Use some initiative.

So I'm kind of torn between learning a trade or going to uni:

>Want to study a STEM degree like Computer Science, Engineering or something math related to make big money with little physical effort
>However, I'll probably need to spend a year getting better at math because I stopped giving a shit about it in year 10

or
>Get a decent earning trade, work long enough so that I can make my own business and be my own boss
>Ideally use my money to invest in property and stocks so I can live off of those
>Won't have my P's until next year, so I don't know how that'll affect learning a trade

What do?

Not having your P's is pretty inconvenient for a lot of jobs, especially one that will require you to go to jobsites.

Theres heaps of bridging courses that allow you to get into programs after finishing, look into it.

Whichever one you pick, do the one that you're passionate about mate. Don't do something "for the money". I did nursing for 2 years because I knew I could get a job, problem was I fucking hated it. Doesn't matter if I was good at it, I had to get out. Now I'm a lot happier

Invest in memecoin. My friend did that and no joke bought a new car for 20k.

Fuckin' RIP

Attached: 2304986763.jpg (1800x1914, 1.73M)

>stem
more like outsourcing degree
get a trade

I want to talk more about an Alloytec conversion. I bought a crashed VE S2 with an LFX, and that got me the engine, gearbox, ecu, fuel pump, and all the wiring, and now I want to shove it into something else.

As I understand it, if I want to get rid of the VATS, and all the security junk, I'm going to have to spend ~$1600 on an EFI Live tuner?

The benefit of that is, I could then load custom tunes onto the ECU, which I suppose, might make the mace cams feasible, but I'm not sure if they're actually worth it. It's already getting dangerously close to an LS1 conversion type of money, so it's a bit of 'what's the point' situation.

I'm not really chasing power here; the stock LFX puts out enough for my needs. Is there a cheaper way to get rid of VATS? I suppose I could just run all the commodore wiring in, but there is a tonne of it.

I was thinking of becoming an electrician. What's the typical yearly salary for one?

you gonna have one hot astra soon mate

if you make it past trainee a fucking shitload m8

what you swapping it into?

Go to uni. I've done both and that's what I'd do if I was a school leaver. Just do a proper professional degree and avoid meme tier courses.

Fucking aye. My cousins an electrician and has two houses and a heavily modded (but engineer certified) ute. Thing is fucking insane.

Sounds good. I want to invest and make sure I can live easy as fuck. I'm from Adelaide, so it'd be even easier to live off of investments because we're cheaper than Vic and NSW.

I'm 22 and long out of school. I have no problem learning STEM, but it'd probably take a while because my math has to improve. Either way, I can't do either this year, so I'll work, get my P's and a car and then decide.

How old is he?

My non-turbo Z32.

32. Not too old to be enjoying life though, he's pretty damn happy.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCmyGg3vnM

I wish I dropped out in year 10 to follow being an electrician. Year 11/12 were a waste of time, especially when you realize that uni entry is easy as fuck, even if you have a shit year 12 score.

gotta buy my grandma a new car, whats a good piece of shit that will take neglect for under 20 grand?

No kidding bro. I left school in year 12 and got a equivalency. Then I studied business, not the best idea but I learned some shit.

Toyota Camry.

Most electricians won't take someone on without year 12 and a pre apprenticeship. Year 10 will get you into boilermaking maybe
>$4000 low kms vy commodore
>$16000 for repairs spanning the life of the granny

has to be 2018 model
plus my grandma spends all her money on the pokies so it wont ever see a service

Is that so? Well at least I passed year 12 and I'm willing to do basic groundwork to become an electrician. I see it as an investment worth my time.

It's funny how seriously they treat year 12 when it's so easy to bounce back. I mean fuck, I've read stories of people that wasted their year 12 and managed to become GPs by working hard as an adult.

Kia Picanto is all that springs to mind. I used to work for Kia and they're pretty solid cars and easy to understand. We sold them to a lot of granny's.

>2018
>won't ever see a service
Fuckin lol. New cars need regular servicing.