Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E6A4nLqOW6s
youtube.com/watch?v=DT95WHihc0E
youtube.com/watch?v=HmPYoKK1zXw&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=NxoBfbhoEmo
youtube.com/watch?v=VxiyVyYjZxE
youtube.com/watch?v=hOCYcgOnWUM
youtube.com/watch?v=SY-mgZbuxBA
ebay.com/itm/Jan-Zizka-DVD-box-edition-1955-Czech-Historical-Film-English-Subtitles-/141814853043
youtube.com/watch?v=7cufG2Dlxvk&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Witch

1453 (2012)

das boot
Cross of Iron

the hunt for red october

Braveheart

Kingdom of Heaven

Might be more Veeky Forums related, but Excalibur is pretty great.

Idi i smotri

lepa sela lepo gore, always a classic

The Messenger

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Master and Commander Far Side of the World

Marketa Lazarova you fucking plebs

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Literal 10/10 film.
Gettysburg. 7/10 film, 10/10 historical accuracy.

A movie titled "1944".

Here is a trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=E6A4nLqOW6s

You might wanna watch this if you would like to see WW 2 through non-American lens.

The bunker
Enemy at the gates

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Rex Ingram)
Intolerance: Love's Struggle Through The Ages (D.W. Griffith)
Excalibur (John Boorman)

Accept no substitute. These are the three good Veeky Forums movies.

Estonian movie is Veeky Forums accepted
Feels good, man.

Kingdom of Heaven

>Enemy at the Gates

>dude human waves lol
>did you know that the soviet army was so fucked that half of the meb had a gun and they shot people who retreated?

Fuck that film, almost non of it is accurate. It's 50/50 Soviet propaganda (the glorification of Zaitsev) and complete bullshit.

I'd just like to interject for a moment comrades. What you're referring to as Human wave tactics, is in fact, Deep Battle and Human Wave tactics,
or as I've recently taken to calling it, masterstrategy and tactishits. Human wave is not a strategy unto itself, but merely a tactic made useful by based Deep Battle,
a vital strategy thanks to which Russia exists.

Many Veeky Forums users mistake Deep Battle for Human wave tactics every day, without realizing it.
Through a peculiar turn of events, the Deep Battle strategy is often called "Human wave tactics", and many of Veeky Forumsterics are not aware that it is basically
the Deep Battle, a Russian masterstrategy

There really are Human wave tactics, but Deep Battle is no part of it. Deep Battle is different, much more civilized and stuff.
This is essential for you to realize. Human wave tactics often include Deep Battle, but basically it's Human wave tactics with Deep Battle added.
All the so called "Massed assault" are really Deep Battle. - Gzorgzy Zhzhukov

Fall of the roman empire and Gladiator for wildly different takes on the same events, unfortunately both films wildly underestimate how insane Commodus was

With Fire and Sword (1999)
The Deluge (1974)
Colonel Wolodyjowski (1969)

Yes, the movies were created in reverse order to books they were based on, which is a bit of fiction about historic events they are about. (Khmelnytsky Uprising, Swedish Deluge, and Polish–Ottoman War of 1672–1676)

Not bad movies, but cheesy as fuck.

Agora

youtube.com/watch?v=DT95WHihc0E

It's not accurate to an autistic degree, but its an overall great film to get normies interested in history!
Also: Christfags get mad! xD

Any other worth while movies about classical antiquity?

Waterloo (1970)

Aguirre

:^)

This has a bit of a wide range but:
Satyricon
Sebastiane
The Message

>I, the Wrath of God, will marry my own daughter

What did he mean by this?

Zulu (1964)

youtube.com/watch?v=HmPYoKK1zXw&index=1

youtube.com/watch?v=NxoBfbhoEmo

Commodus wasn't insane; he was colorful.

Second the vote for Agora. It takes some liberties, but it's well worth it.

>color

I agree, but am kind of irked in a totally autistic way that they made the Mongols out to be great swordsmen instead of mounted archers. Otherwise, though, this movie is the tits.

You could try Otakar Vávra´s trilogy: Jan Hus
Jan Žižka
Proti Všem
Scene from film:youtube.com/watch?v=VxiyVyYjZxE

It will be extremely hard to find english subtiles for it.

Ye, my Euro professor offered it as optional viewing but said to only watch the first 15 minutes.

Still pretty awesome even with it's liberties. It's no Zulu, but it's the best one can get without having it be a documentary.

Bitch u right he waz colorful. And that cos he was BLACK.

shit movie desu
t. estonian

>Satyricon
>Sebastiane
That's really fucking gay dude

Max Born was a cutie tho

wrong emperor

I don't know man, when you try renaming everything in your empire after your from the name of the capital city to the names of your armies, you have to be short a few marbles.

Troy

Das Boot

Saving Private Ryan

Libertarias

9 lives of Nestor Mahkno

The Fog of War
my American History teacher showed it to us in my junior year of high school. blew my little brain away
youtube.com/watch?v=hOCYcgOnWUM

>everyone's speaking english
>the bad guys have an evil foreign accent
ugh

True. And that whole "I'm Hercules" business wasn't a good sign.

Socrates (1971)

youtube.com/watch?v=SY-mgZbuxBA

Russian Ark

It was a popular meme at the time to commission frescos where you would pose as and in the dress of figures you wished to emulate.

The bigger dick you had in society, the more like you were to compare yourself to grand figures like deities or lauded mortals that have passed.

source: art history class

It's a pretty crappy movie generally desu

>It takes some liberties
It's an entirely fictional story, there's nothing to take liberties with. The only thing consistent with history is Hypatia's name.

Stalingrad from 1993 is great as well.

"Unsere Mütter, Unsere Väter".
It's a German production about the WWII and the English title is called "Generation War".

Barry Lyndon
Rob Roy
Alatriste
Plunkett & MacLeane

Saving Private Ryan is a fucking joke in historical accuracy. People like to say 'but its repectful to the veterans!!!' But it really isn't. It's insulting as hell to what war is actually like and just portrays a bunch of American commandos plowing through hundreds of Germans. The 'le epic badass sniper' character is a perfect example.

Scarface

is that the movie where poles are more nazi than germans?

A very recent one, "Siege of Jadotville."

Good for accuracy, a goldmine for Éireboos who need some new material.

>assaulting enemy position head on
>overwhelm with numbers
What are they if not human wave

I approve, and i found a blue ray on ebay of the first film translated!

>ebay.com/itm/Jan-Zizka-DVD-box-edition-1955-Czech-Historical-Film-English-Subtitles-/141814853043

no idea how accurate it is, but its pretty feelsy

Caligula

>Mongol
>Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut
>Braveheart
>The Thin Red Line
>A Knight's Tale

If we're including shows also
>Boardwalk Empire
>Rome

people suggesting >kingdom of heaven

but this movie is full of liberal agenda

>muh liberal agenda
Then don't listen to it. It's still objectively a great film

City of Life and Death.

youtube.com/watch?v=7cufG2Dlxvk&

This movie is amazing but it is soooo damn hard to watch. It will actually make you hate Japan for a while.

I loved rome. I get triggered when people talk about latest spartucus show. It triggeres me.

I've never seen it but from what I hear it's more about ass, dick, and titties than fighting and history. I also heard Julius Caesar got raped and that gave me a good laugh.

Spartacus is actually pretty cool. The first several episodes are shit, but then the story gets super interesting and the characters are Rome-tier. Obviously it has a lot of nudity and stylised fighting, but that's part of its charm. It's a really good show.

I've seen a lot of gore so the only scene that bothered me was the scene where the soldier throws a girl out of a window on a whim. Life is so precious, yet at any time some cretin can take it away. It really made me think.

This.
The fighting was much harder.

t. American

All movies are exaggerated to hell. Saving Private Ryan isn't special either way to be honest. Has very appealing action but I hate when people dote over it like it's one of the greatest movies ever when it wasn't even the best WWII movie of that year.

The defiant Chinese qt getting raped to death made me so angry. i wish the cool Chinese soldier at the beginning had more time too. He was so based.

Commodus wasn't insane. The senator class just sperged out because he refused to placate them and their egos like his father did

kagemusha

Good choice, Ran is also good for Samurai shit

So did Septimius Severus, in fact probably more so, he even purged like 40 of them as his first act and probably several dozens more once they got a little uppity, the butthurt in cassius dio's tone when talking about severus is palpable and quite funny to me
>he was such an awful asshole and murdered a bunch of innocent widdle senators boo hoo
>but the stupid plebe loved the guy
>the bastard even gave rights to barbarians's, YES filthy barbarians roaming the streets of rome!
>but I guess his rule was efficient enough*murmurmurmur*

>still no good movies or shows about the Peloppenesian War
Whoever makes the show about this is going to be immensely rich and probably have tons of copycat shows follow

>Excalibur (John Boorman)
>Veeky Forums

It's technically humanities

This

>The cossacks are watering their horses in the Seine!

Come and See (1985) is the ultimate Veeky Forums-film

Spielberg's Lincoln is pretty good. Though not without a few inaccuracies.

Its a great show with a historical backdrop that doesn't attempt to be good with history. For context its done by the same people that did Hercules/Xena, which didn't give a flying fuck about history.

sienkiewicz trilogy films are great

I thought that poster was Harold and Kumar go the Whitecastle lol.

>the part where the monk asks him to not raze his temple to
>to a starving thristing half dead prisonner
>he knows he's into some shit

Accurate and intelligent with a fine sense of humor

What does Veeky Forums think of Flags of Our Fathers and Letters to Iwo Jima?

Someone should combine the two.

Red tails

The name of the rose (British
Underground (Bosnian)
Mephisto (Hungarian director, german cast)
7 samurai (Japan)

this flick by Ken Russell

HOW MUCH IS JERUSALEM WORTH?

about tree fiddy

also I'm a little surprised nobody's mentioned war of the roses