/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Million Dollar HUH edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>(Incomplete) QC custom weapon skin showcase:
my.mixtape.moe/wrrdkk.webm

List of /arena/ fags willing to play QC
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Fragged thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gfycat.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for best girl

>girl
this is a man with boobs and a very thick penis

More like LG Champions

Wrong picture, friend

>she

what I dont understand is the following.
vanilla quake 3, the one before quake live, had 8 dmg ticks while also having 200 ammo. qc has 7 dmg ticks and only 150 ammo yet everyone keeps telling me how great q3 was. I never heard complaints about vq3 balance.

this makes me think.

>I never heard complaints about vq3 balance.
Literally everyone who plays Quake thinks vq3 had balance problems.

damage isn't the problem, just reduce the LG's range by a bit

>stop jumping around when shot at
>kdr instantly improves
holy shit, thanks for the advice guys
i already feel improvement

Anyone one play openarena or does everyone just play quake 3?`

The problem with the LG isn't the LG, it's that every other gun is broken and terrible.

All it takes is two good rockets(when they register, 3 on sorlag) to shut down some lg rushing faggot even if they hit above 40%. If the October update fixes things up (no hope), you'll see a lot of dumb players fall to the wayside.

>tfw you can only play on all Low settings
>no crisp and clear Slash with detailed skirt

Both of you are wrong

She is just kinda cute

I wonder what he smells under her suit.
I bet she sweats a lot.

>"shadows hide me!"
>*rips a big wet fart*
>re-appears somewhere else to hide the shame*

>be me
>use rockets
>see guy ADADing with anarki
>hit him with a direct rocket
>dies
>see other guy with visor
>he's constantly jumping
>i cannot land a single rocket
>when i do he takes 16 damage
???????? Faggots?

They already halved it once.
QC LG is probably 2nd or 3rd weakest LG has ever been in quake

Nah, first fella is right. Slash is truly the best.

I know that feelio, but hey, better framerate at least.

Not as much as Slash, given that Nyx just prances around and takes some breathers while she's cloaked. Slash is running and hopping and sliding constantly and that gymnast shit has to be more tiring than Nyx's gallavanting.

Doom's hitbox seems fucked.

>everyone just play quake 3
What universe are you from

this is a known fact

>implying jumping off walls takes less effort than simply shifting one's weight

I swear I've hit that nigger 3 times with direct rockets and he didn't die before

These threads have started to slow down, huh?

I'll try to find a clip on Tempest shrine where the bloom is bigger. Also the filesize is too large

gfycat.com SLASH WelldocumentedPersonalGraysquirrel

Seems like it's the lower part of his body. When I try and track with LG anything from the belly button down won't register, this comes into play when he double jumps.

I like the QCON LG but I had to switch over, it is impossible to aim on Church or darker maps.

>"Wanna know why I'm winning? Because Sabre coded it that way"

Well, aside from that, there's also the question of what their respective outfits are made of. Is Slash wearing sweat-wicking Underarmor or is it more of a latexy-type blend that keeps all the heat and perspiration inside intentionally? Is Nyx's suit a Crysis-esque personal environment chamber or closer to a walking rotisserie oven?

There were never any complaints about weapon balance in vq3. Just RG was overpowered and it still is in QL anyway. There was no need to make MG into a nerf gun, or fiddling with other weapon stats.
While I'm happy about what Shotgun had become in QL, yet other weapon balances -beside RG nerf- were unnecessary at best.

>openarena
Q3 is still alive, stop being a broken sod and buy it. No one likes the ugly models of openarena anyway if anyone says they like it, they're lying.

yeah
not even lewd discussion can save us now
ded gam ded thred ded tim willy

Only retards think VQ3 had good balance and netcode.

Cooller is streaming pubg

I assume that a race of Phase-Beings have the tech to make comfy suits.

Not as much stuff to discuss, it was inevitable that this would happen.

>Not as much stuff to discuss, it was inevitable that this would happen.
honestly it's better this way
quiet but we can all jerk off to our own imaginations if need be, i'd really rather Q:C not get tainted by the tumblr fanbase who starts shouting about shipping phase-skates or sorebear or whatever other nonsense terms they'll think up

>"The hitbox hides me!"

new to QC and arena shooters in general
is there a way to get the melee weapon on the select line or just do i have to press 1
also some tips would be dandy

When was the last time you guys heard a HUH?

don't use the weapon wheel
use keybinds

> doomguy takes the courtyard jump pad on sarnath
> i'm on rail
> peak of the jump arc, basically completely still
> facing me
> rail in the chest
> no damage

You have to hit 1, I have my keys bound to
q = rockets
e = lg
r = rail
f= nailgun
2 = mg
3 = sg
c = trishot

Learn how to strafe jump and bunny hop
Don't engage if its unfavorable for you
Off spawn try and grab a power weapon (lg, rocket, rail or ssg)

gb hf

Like a half hour ago.
>tfw you'll never make a map good enough to release on func_msgboard

yesterday when i finished ad_sepulcher
took like an hour and only got 21/50 secrets
then again a lot of them are really small, like a single battery

learn to predict aim with rocket launcher and train your lightning gun and rail aim.
Besides weapons, Always try to stack up and roughly time for items like mega health (spawns every 30 seconds) and armor pickups (spawns every 25 seconds), use the game timer to keep track.

I saw Ranger at the red armor in The Abandoned Base yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for screenshots or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you’re doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my fragging, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

Nyx best waifu (except Hunter)

I think the only shipping that happens in this thread is user with his choice of Quakefuu.

>pic related taste

user, this is a very nice frag

>47% lg accuracy

>tfw no plasma gun to counter lg anymore

>rocket clearly goes under his legs
>hits
>meanwhile, me
it's even funnier when you consider that I took damage from the rocket that missed

hunter > slash > galena > nyx > sorlag

You can do the tower right?

>Q3 is still alive
I know CPMA and QL but the original Q3?

The self damage is definitely funny. This actually shows a lot of the QC networking model in play. When you hit the Sorlag on your screen she was further to the right in the frame in the server's simulation so the server considered it a miss. Other players and spectators would've seen the rocket fly a bit to the left of her. The rockets are fired client side but use server side hit detection for dealing damage to enemies and client side hit detection for self damage for more responsive RJing.

what is impressive about this?

are you playing turok?

No. Please explain every facet of this video.

retard

This Galena's outline doesn't match her head.

That's the hitbox that takes into account that one helmet cosmetic. I think it's the purple rarity one.

I doubt that you're always recording. Do you have some feature that lets you capture the last minute or 30 seconds like the xbox?

>hitbox
it's an outline, hitboxes are boxes

>slash > galena

Put that trash in a dumpster where it belongs

That's weird. You'd think head cosmetics are just attachments that don't have additional hitboxes, like the various backpack items (i.e. Galena's wings), but instead, they're always there, just invisible? That's hacky as hell.

>I doubt that you're always recording. Do you have some feature that lets you capture the last minute or 30 seconds like the xbox?

Shadowplay.

>hitboxes
it's an outline, hitboxes are boxes

I can't even do the stair jump to RA in aerowalk consistently so probably not. Not a regular cpma/reflex player though. .

>not just having capsule hitboxes
>doom has hitboxes for his shoulder spike cosmetic

I heard they fired some guy at sabre for the hitbox thing. Just make it a goddam capsule.

any nvidia card from the last 5 years records shit automatically

It's seemingly random. Some characters have hitboxes modeled on the base skin, others modeled based on their most bulky cosmetic setup. They're abandoning that entire system with the October update so whatever.

THE OUTLINE IS NOT A FUCKING HITBOX YOU FUCKING RETARDS IT'S A COSMETIC EFFECT

slash is the cutest, has a nice voice, a nice face, a nice butt and a nice dick
galena is the whybonerist and has nice hair, nice fangs, and a nice dedication to the old ones

>slash is the cutest
>has a nice voice

Opinion discarded.

Slash looks like a crack whore and her voice is crack whore punk-trash.

>saber
you don't know that

Whats your favorite meat to put in a burrito?

the outline is for visual clarity and seeing shit behind walls, it have nothing to do with hitboxes (which are invisible)

>Slash looks like a crack whore
You wouldn't hit a face like this, would ya?

>her voice is crack whore punk-trash.
>he hasn't accepted Slash as his goddess and queen and started humming along with her singing and laughing as she blows people up and had spiders crawling out his dick as he masturbates to her sitting on his face
Aren't Slash and Nyx voiced by the same person? 'least they have enough range to make them sound totally different, it's good that SOME people id/Saber hired can actually act unlike YEAHHHH, WHO WON THE LOTTERY?

I hate stinky disgusting punks with AIDS.

>stinky disgusting [...] with AIDS

>choker nyx
God tier taste

Are they going to balance the game around dueling or deathmatch

SMELL THAT AIR! COULDN'T YA JUST DRINK IT LIKE BOOZE!

>be me
>be top of team
Guys, we're all gonna die if I'm the best we've got

Stop playing TDM

But it's fun

No.

Choose keybinds and stick with them, mine are.
Q- Rockets
E- LG
R- Tribolt
F- Nailgun
Space- Railgun ( RMB is jump )
1- Gauntlet
2- MG

You probably want binds that are around your movement keys. Choose what you think will be most comfortable.

>tfw you have a kink for stinky disgusting punks and you don't even know how you got it but good luck finding material for it
does anyone else feel this feel, or am i alone on my island of feels

Play TDM but only care about your own stats and not about winning.
Then it's just like DM but not a huge clusterfuck like actual DM.

why do i feel so anxious over this game
every time i'm about to launch it i feel the twist in my gut as if I'm about to take an exam or something
WHY

huh
I watched the dev stream yesterday but wasn't paying attention to the chat, no notifications or mentions either

>Wake up
>No patch
Just kill me senpai

which part of "next week" don't you understand

They said next week and then October

because every developer is retarded these days.

people don't want every game to be matchmaking and record their awful performances. they want community servers they can jump in and out of with no stress.

ffa isn't meant to be a competitive game mode, but they're too retarded to understand that.