/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter Stories is released!
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZU2Pgg5LEoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kill yourself nephlol

Let's talk about how somehow MHO looks better than World. It's ridiculous.

>carve rathalos tail
>pull out it's brains

>Cancer art
Kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=ZU2Pgg5LEoY

Objectively best monster!

are you pretending?

We haven't seen the PC version of World yet.

Protip: your kidneys have cortexs

Why are it's kidneys in it's tail?

A lot of vertebrates have large nerve clusters near the base of their spines. Not exactly a brain but eh.

I wonder what kind of material we'll get out of Blanche in Warudo™...

I want to mating press Charlotte!

you should have let this general die

Where can I get the armor from the prologue of Stories?

I agree. We don't really need it now that we have the discord. Anyone who matters already posts there. Shut this general down!

>Dalamadur makes its home at the highest peaks of Heaven's Mount, known as Speartip Crag. Occasionally, these monsters can be seen in the Forest and Hills/Verdant Hills
kek

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch

ANIME AS FUCK!

>World being on PC will be the death of the PS4 playerbase

thats pretty spoopy
>covers you in darkness
>absorbs said darkness to attack
dank

And Nintendo playerbase

After World is a failure and the next mainline will be a 3DS exclusive? no chance in hell.

Will worlds work on macbook?

>PC will kill PS4 playerbase
>but MHW itself will be a failure overall
????

You guys are high if you think the PC version of anything would kill a console counterpart.

Cancer

Better than world monsters desu

>seeing nothing but some glowing eyes in a mist

I'll concede, this is fucking cool. Maybe a pain to fight but cool.

Get a PC, you mutant

Bought monster Hunter generation in sale last week bought I'm still playing mh4u in 3ds.
Ist worth it to start playing generation now before MHXX dropping in 3ds or should keep going mh4u?

Are the Japanese pissed that they're stuck with the inferior version of World?
Did Capcom give are reason for doing that?

how do you know what world monsters look like

>inferior version

Wit?

>Did Capcom give are reason for doing that?
Why would they need to when they already have a PC MonHun?
Same reason why they're stuck with DD1 on silk smooth PS3.

bu-bu-but someone who buys a console will totally be smart enough to get the pc version of a game dude!!

MHXX has been out on 3DS for months. You can transfer your save but your HR will reset to 8, you'll lose dlc items and you won't have access to brave, alchemy or other XX additions until then. You're also likely, like most people, to come to the conclusion that it's a step down from 4U and go back.

It must suck to constantly get stuck with the inferior version of games made by your own people.
Don't they hate Capcom for doing it?

World is apparently PS4 only in Japanland.

You realize that's not Capcom right? That's Sony that prevents Capcom from releasing MHW on anything except Sony consoles.

Bump for help

okay how the fuck do i get ppsspp to run MH3 ? I can load my save but it stays dark afterwards

But MHXX isn't not out in west yet in 3ds isn't it? I'm waiting for the game in 3ds because I'm getting bored of 4u.

not officially, but there's a fan translation

Hugs!
For surrogate mom

Fugs!

talk about stories you faggot

No Steve

Why?
It's not new or even interesting

Just had someone triple cart again Kirin.
I wanna kill myself.

do it, for the sake of this general

If World is for Westerners then does that mean we're getting piggu waifus instead of cute Japanese ones?

This is a world only zone senpai

Nips only play mmos ands eroge on PC.

Handler is certainly more western than guildmarm. I just hope she keeps her voice down during real gameplay that isn't a "introduction to monster hunter for babbies" demo.

I also hope scout flies are a tad less patronizing in the final build.

We don't talk about lies in this general.

How do you decide who is more western?

Coldsteel the rathian aside the darkness effect is great and exactly the kind of wierd shit I'd want elder dragons to do.
It makes for challenging gameplay by making the tells harder to see, work elders' eldritch horror inspiration into the gameplay and make the player feel the threat by having a spoopy moment in the fight.
I hope World take some inspiration from that.

Can someone help explain the combat system in stories? I get that it's basically rock paper scissors but how do you "predict" what a monster is going to use? The cat mentioned something about patterns but my first encounter with a kut-ku seemed 100% random with what attacks it used. I might just be missing something obvious.

pls buy stories

Begone, Dauntless insurgent.

fucck off /v/

That's mean.

>dat exterior
Yo is that Anniba exterior armor?

I'd western her if you know what I mean

DUDE JUST ADD SPIKES LMAO

>gen isn't the car turning off early and the player chasing it down the street

>World
>car runs into another car

DUDE JUST COPY REAL LIFE

kek

>blango just washes off the paintball
why

Guildmarm has the slanty eyes, an immaculate and pale complexion and a bit of a Fuku thing going on with that ribbon.

The main thing about Handler is she seems to have some freckles, maybe that's just the lighting being a bit weird. She also has one of those really round and kinda squished faces like the nerdy girl in a bioware game.

Wouldn't be surprised if Handler gets a bit of a visual re-work. Depends on how late into development they are.

It's literally the same as Rathian with a different placement on the tail you fucking retard.

It's such a minor occurance that if anything the FU one should have the dude have a GPS map searching for the car and then placing it on top of a rock surrounded by lava.

"immaculate and pale" are white features that japs fetishise, not actual japanese features

handler is ugly as fuck though, squirrely little irish whore

>It's such a minor occurance
It's almost every hunt in gen if you don't 4-man it.

????????
not every japanese person is attractive,
Guildmarm is attractive by japanese standards, and by my standards too

I think fighting stygien while wearing Nether armor wasn't my idea.

my point is that guildmarm looks like an anglo/jap mix, which is what japs fetishise and reflects a natural version of the "geisha" look. The vast majority of japs are unattractive, most of the whites in the 15-35 age bracket are attractive, at least where I live, but japanese and white features mix/complement each other well.

No, it's really not. If Khezu or Blangonga is involved, though....

thats not easy though
adding spikes to shit is

It literally is not you fucking blind retard.

Why is she so ugly?

Oh you're talking about the small monster pushing you into the way of the large monster, I thought you were talking about monsters changing areas constantly and running away from the player endlessly.

I think she's cute. I don't waifu the girls in MH or other "anime" games because they just don't look human to me. Handler does. Not trying to insult anybody, I just don't get roped in the the thinking cartoon girls are attractive. Handler looks real, it lets me suspend my disbelief.

t. normie I guess

No, i was talking about that. Maybe it's just me then. I only see it happen constantly if i'm hunting Khezu or Blangonga.

It is though.

In the MHW demo, the cart limit in multiplayer actually seems to be 5 now, rather than 3. Singleplayer is still 3.
Dunno if this is going to carry over to the main game, but it seems likely.

Ah, the old volcano...

looks only marginally better than Mass Defect Andromeda's standard femRyder. feels like they are siblings, they definitely share some telling facial features.

I get the feeling a lot of that demo is casualized to fuck because they didn't expect anyone to know about the game.

It was cool until it "absorbed" the darkness.

>FU one should have the dude have a GPS map searching for the car
That literally never happens in FU. Old volcano map isn't even reintroduced until G rank 3 star and only a few hunts are there, namely Rathalos (alone) and True Rajang. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt and think you're just shit posting, but stop being an absolute retard and thinking FU is Monster Hunter 2 or 1. It isn't. It has new maps too and only very late in the game it introduces all the old maps as extras. Every hunt in those old maps is optional and not a key quest.

It would be nice if you didn't talk about games you have never even played, but if you are just shitposting congrats you look like an idiot.

>meanwhile in the Cross sub-mainline, the cart limit is 4

>critical craw