/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

thicc armor edition
previous ded:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coquina
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why are you using lithium as armor and nitrogen as fuel

>#!/bin/sh

>linshit
Whatever, would you kindly explain the command?
I have read that the # is, more or less, the "comment" sign meaning everything after it is ignored
bin is a folder
bin->recycle bin->trash
anime is trash
Therefore sh is a anime

But what about the "!"?

hahga benis :DDDD

#! Is sometimes called "the shebang line" and is an exception to the #-being-a-comment-rule. It appears at the start of a scrt to tell bash (or whatever shell you use) whinch interpreter to use. If a script doesn't have a shebang, the script will run in you current shell.

for what reason?

>storm doing direct hit on me possibly as cat 4 or 5
/egg/ please how save all muh lego

you could skip it if you didn't execute with ./filename, but through the bash command
bash filename (or sh filename)
>bin is a folder
you got that one right, mister!

run florida man, run

>storm doing direct hit on me possibly as cat 4 or 5
Is this a problem? You are in a house made of bricks.
You are in a solid house, aren't you?

Is too late to run, senile old people from north clogging up roads.

That doesn't help your roof from getting torn off.
and my roof has a leak right now
And the path they're projecting has the worst side of irma's eye grazing me while the center of the eye is over warm ocean.

In short, fug.

Stay strong user, and engineer yourself the best chances of making it out alive.

An since /egg/ is on page 9 I'll bump with non-blogshit
How possible is it, theoretically, to have whether control?
Not talking about about cloud seeding, more like using thrermal weapons to control air/sea currents to redirect or nullify things, as in orbital satellites.

Nukes could destroy tornadoes and a lot of them could probably destroy a hurricane, but unless we find the key to pure fusion nukes they'll leave behind a lot of radiation and the heat released by them might just create even more dangerous weather patterns.

*weather

some one make a /egg/ game where you build homes and see if they can survive a hurricane

I wish gray items had their own extra-shitty fusion pool so that you could do SOMETHING with them.

>make basement
>but big
there you go senpai

What /egg/ game is capable of completing this task?

>You are in a solid house, aren't you?
it's merrica, he is not

Weather runs on relatively small energy differentials, over very long time periods. You're going to have serious difficulties simulating an ocean in sunlight using anything classifiable as a "weapon".

That's not all you're limited to, though. We're already controlling the weather, just by releasing carbon into the atmosphere. Atmospheric composition matters a LOT. Other options would be modifying the albedo of a region, or the whole Earth, by constructing massive fields of solar reflectors/absorbers. And on a higher tech level, moving mountains around to direct the wind. Or launching massive solar shades into space. Right now, though, we can't even get started since we don't have the math. To control the weather, you need to SOLVE it, to the point where you can make accurate predictions preferably several hundred years into the future, not just for the current atmosphere but for any arbitrary one. There's little point in covering the Amazon with plastic sheeting if you don't know HOW it's going to ultimately affect the climate.

Can't make basements in florida.
No bedrock, just really soft limestone under sand dunes.

Florida building code mandates all buildings be able to withstand hurricanes up to a point.
That point for the places like the keys is cat 5ish.
Florida isn't Louisiana, but the problem is if it's as powerful as it was when it hit barbuda or something concrete isn't gonna help much.

There's always solid rock if you dig deep enough.

Most of Florida is made of
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coquina
With water pockets everywhere, all the way down to around where you'd maybe guess the sea floor might be if it didn't exist, which is why it's supposed to dissolve.

ded

Dig deeper

>For a sediment to be considered to be a coquina, the particles composing it should average 2 mm or greater in size.
>However, the stone is also at first much too soft to be used for building. In order to be used as a building material, the stone is left out to dry for approximately one to three years, which causes the stone to harden into a usable, but still comparatively soft, form.
Okay, that sounds absolutely terrible for underground construction. Why is Florida so awful?

my house is built on a fucking lake
it was drained and buried, on top of that the groundwork was laid
engineering world has known bigger challenges than florida, it's just the approach of
>let's build bullshit, so it's easy to repair in 1.5 years
that's breaking everything there
and the insitency of building walls and doors out of cardboard

Maybe the Jews in the construction industry make more money for fixing the shit that gets ruined than building something to last

I really wanted to rain Cram shells from space, but apparently its a shit idea, slower projectile speed and annoying recoil when compared to missiles.

probably

Isn't there a bomb chute barrel that removes recoil, or are you using it already? I never used Cruddy Robot Ass Manglers so I don't know. Might be good for use against forts and towns at least

So what's the status on eggtorio?
Any servers, what address and any mods?
I just want to make a TTD-tier railworld, just not alone

last time I checked 6667 was still not reset
modded fultonis seems to be shitting rokkits now, doesn't seem reset either

Engineering world has solved florida, solution is to build houses out of rebarred concrete and in areas where flooding is a concern, put houses on stilts.
And then hurricane proof windows or metal shutters.
Basements are just not logical here.

Everything but the stilts is required by building code, unfortunately plenty of places aren't up to code where I am because it has never actually been hit by a hurricane directly.

Reason why damage really happens at all in at risk areas, is that things like stilts don't make mcmansions look "nice", so all the old stupid rich people get their houses fucked after they've clogged up the infrastructure due to not knowing how to drive properly; whereas the natives they prevented from leaving are usually fine.
And then the rich people come back from their actual houses up north after the natives have rebuilt their vacation homes and condos and shit up the state again.

this sounds horrible and very plausible

>live in a zone where tornados are constant
>dont move and do nothing
>live in a zone where hurricanes are constant
>dont move and do nothing
Only in america...

Yes, but it gives the lowest speed for the shells, making it useless for space.

The shells became so slow that the projectiles literally despawed before getting anywhere close to the ocean/ground surface.

shoot bomber planes at the targets

You might consider using an APS system. Using even a low-power rail gun and no propellant will give you zero cooldown and no recoil. Then you can make the whole shell out of HE [or whatever] parts

Can anybody sum up the changes since the introduction of the Nuke in FTD? I've been away for quite a while.

Here is a screenshot of my first attempt at a good looking boat, salvaging a steel striders craft and trying to make it into a Japanese Cruiser via material changing tool so you can bully me for more than just asking to be spoonfed.

Thank you.

Was that before or after the Grand Unification and the Beginning of the End?
I forget.

>attempt of a good looking bote
>deck is visible through the dakka
>pityful amounts of dakka
0 / learn 2 ork

Nah, it's not usually this bad.
For reference hurricane sandy which caused up north so much grief is what is considered a party storm.

It looks really uncanny, no way a ship could support 5 3gun turrets with a displacement like this, the amount of freeboard is huge for a small ship like this.

Were those stabilizers on the front there originally?
If not, then shame on you.

bob's mods weapons and shields made us demigods , i just don't see a reason to launch that rocket for x% increase in anything

Nick is working on some kinda FtD/Civ hybrid whateverthefuck game so the major forum fags are running the show now. There was a pretty big rebalancing patch a while ago, I'd check out the notes for that. Some blocks also got improved graphics to make the game slightly less of a face-ache to look at

Sounds good, I built with missiles, but its having trouble on the field tests with some moving targets.

Barely doing the outer shell of the ship at roughly 1/8 scale and the HP amount is already morbid.

You talking about fultonit.ddns.net?
>can't establish connection to server
For both vanilla and bobs.

>general that can not be named
whats that?

[REDACTED]

No it wasn't nanomachines
These tiny puck like robots with tiny wheels that people made do paterns

It wasn't nanomashines it was those tiny puck like robots that people made do patterns.

what is it please ;-;

God dammit it told me it didn't make the post.

Sorry I looked and somehow both my servers were powered down.

Very strange, but they should both be backup now.

Actually give me 5 minutes to go to the latest version.

WHATS THE GERNRAL WE DONT TALK ABOUT PLZ I NEED TO KNOW ;-;

>quite literally cannot be named
You meant that one?

I consider cutting myself every time I have to make circles out of squares.
Also deleted half my work since I noticed an error.

We don't talk about it.

Could open a modern art gallery out of this shit alone.

Alright, I'll let you in on our little secret
The general that cannot be named is [REDACTED]

Stay vigilant brothers, don't let the filth take hold.

TELL ME OR ILL START SHIT POSTING

Enjoy the ban

Even +x% dead ayys?

but what if its shit posting within the general guide lines

also im saving that image thanks

No.

fine ill guess it
/tf2g/?

Do not attempt to reply

welp im outta ideas guess its a question ill take to my grave
SEE YA

There are archives you fuckwit, it's the only goddamned thread banned from Veeky Forums you double nigger
Now fuck off newfag.

Which engine profile do you prefer /egg/?

And I forgot the screenshot.

I left this guys base to marinate in bomb juice overnight and wtf it's not melted. Well not fully. As you can see all the walls are glowing red hot and the floors are covered in molten iron but it's still there. The entire lake above is 9725 degrees which seems to be some kind of hard limit. Can I go hotter somehow?

left

Is that the powder toy?

How about this version? It's glass, don't ask me how that works.

ehh
between them I still prefer the first left

>vanilla server completely overrun by ayys
A fresh start might be a good idea.

You can't but press U

>From the Depths
>build cheap, little Po-2 analogue
>it goes into space
>wut
>test similar aircraft included in the game
>Flashheart
>goes into space
>Duster
>goes into space

Dafuq is going on here?

Thanks, any idea why that isn't on by default?

Did you put points into any skill?
Also, i think you can set the cruising height of the plane in the AI card

It's an option. Sometimes it makes things worse if you want to try materials with the default temperatures because the air is hot.
Toggle it on and it will stay on next time you open the game.

When you gonna reset the vanilla one?

Didn't think the 2 points in Air would make much difference, but even the AI Duster is struggling to stay out of space. The wings just give too much lift for small aircraft.

This sort of weird internal logic keeps From the Depths from being a great game, in my opinion. Half the struggle of building vehicles is working around the game itself.

If I squint *really* hard it looks like rings, which is nice.

This is the ideal ship hull type. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

>dat planet

I wonder how common nootropic usage is among /egg/men

alright, give me a minute.

how people get hold of drugs
I did coke twice and wish I could get access to that
I assume nootropics would be a little more obscure to find because of the area I live in, but it is a college town so maybe it's easier than I think

Nootropics are fucking easy my dude, most of them are marketed as supplements/research chemicals and completely legal with no restrictions at all. Some of the more powerful powerful stuff like adderal or lsd (micro-dosing) is harder to get a hold of though.

Done,

Fultonit.ddns.net:6667