/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Very stronk chunky dude edition

Revvvvved to death: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

First for Chad Claws

Bingo user, hope it's worth it

>Chad Claws
Axe is the true Chad weapon

Why did that image get deleted so fast?

Making a pure bloodtimge build anyone wanna help?
Msg Daroth_Arsona

Why are bbg users so hateful towards cainhurst and BT builds?
They are super fun.

i pussied out because I didn't want to get b&

DOLL IS A SLUT!!!!

Vilebloods 4 lyf

>They are super fun.

Hello cucks

Literally made to be a sex doll

Im makeing a vileblood character does this look good?

>the Good Hunter gets to be her personal sex toy and she gets to be his mommy once he ascends

Best ending

All the Hunters are too autistic to actually use her like that though right? She's still pure

i mean i guess you want to use your funny facebook cringe pic as the thread's edition but couldn't you wait like 25 more posts or something

>She's still pure
Gehrman already used her

She bleeds sticky white stuff when hit

Yeah I'm feelin it

#
I really don't feel like correcting you on everything you're wrong about.
>are billions of variations of the same weapon with slightly different WAs,
Except ds3 has poise and counter hit thrust weapons with bonus damage.

Every weapon in BB is essentially hit and run tactics. While ds3 there are weapons designed around trading. Either through counter hit bonus damage or hyper armor poise trades. You crying about how bad you are doesn't change that fact.

There are also weapons with incredible range so you have the option of winning through out spacing.

>DaS3 doesn't even have a competent bow
Except milkwood bows can 1hit kill with good aiming and deal incredible raw damage.

>casting "hush" doesn't count
Wrong again. It's like you never even played the game. There are many rings and spells they cancel noise, turn you literally invisible, and transparent, you can even combine many of them to give the appearances of a phantom or even a non connected ghost.

Also it doesn't seem like you understand the power of a healing faith build. Rally has nothing on high faith builds

I can't tell the fucking gender

Cucks can be either male or female

Can he even get it up anymore?

Make his chin more inny

Nightmare frontiner anyone?

Ops, meant nightmare frontier

Im also making a skill build pic very related

I need to nut lads, which character do I jerk off to?

Ebri

Vicar Amelia

Before or after beasthood?

le ping pong bwong CHONG CHING BING
WHOS UP FOR IMPROMPTU

after, you degenerate

After, of course.

Eggnog

Anyone? It's quite lonely.

Password?

Lonely

dead alfred

This

BRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP
o-oh sorry I didn't see you good hunter, um, well, I guess we should waste it, take a big sniff :3

*shouldnt
Fuck

>Except ds3 has poise
Its also nigh worthless in PvE. Recieving a hit when there is an option to just not get hit is retarded. Any of soulsborne games is all about dodging. Poise/hyperarmour can compliment your weapon swings, but its not a "playstyle". You wont be able to progress through the game by relying on poise alone.
>Except milkwood bows can 1hit kill with good aiming and deal incredible raw damage.
Except its tedious and slow as fuck to use and is only good for long-range ebic snipes against retards in invasions, when PvP is not even the point of this argument. Bowblade is actually a competative weapon that is fast and good against bosses and regular enemies, when Millwood-only run would end up with you firing, making several panic rolls away from the enemy, then slowly drawing the bow again.
>There are many rings and spells they cancel noise
Now show me where noise in particular becomes relevant in PvE, like an enemy that would react to footsteps and not your visual presence. Stacking hidden body with hush is hardly any different from Blue Elixirs from PvE perspective, and Obscuring Ring is absolutely worthless when progressing through the level since it only works against players and not NPCs. No souls game has a an actual "stealth" build, merely a couple of spells or effects that allow you to sometimes sneak up on enemes, and only when they're facing away.
>appearances of a phantom or even a non connected ghost.
Again, thats a worthless argument since it applies to ebic invasions, which are still worse than BB ones.
>Also it doesn't seem like you understand the power of a healing faith build. Rally has nothing on high faith builds.
My original statement was that Rally encourages calculated aggression, which is a good thing and makes fights more fast-paced and fluid even though the weapons are hardly any faster than Souls counterparts. Please pay attention.

What killed the snatchers and smashed the lamp in yahargul?

Still don't get how BRAP is the sound of a fart

A few days ago natalya was spelunking and found this:
>FRC Ihyll: zz4qsrqq - one of the best dungeons I've spelunked. Ever. Potentially a new OoS Bloodtinge gem farming spot since there's a aura'd shotgun Watcher in the pre-area treasure room. 4 layers
Does anyone know what layer that watcher is on

Can you retards talk about how shit das3 is in dsg instead, this is bbg

My guess is the three hunters you see in the chapel.

First or 2nd layer
The boss for the layer was also Watchers but it's not an efficient run for the lever

I can host a session if you want to join so I can show you around
Think I remember the route and what not

Cool, thank you.
I would be too much of a liability, I just finished story chalices and am getting my watcher temperings right now. Thank you for the offer though!

Alright
I'm gonna run through it again to make sure ok?
Been a few days since I spelunked it

There can only be one correct answer

>scas has left
Fuck everything

I miss him and Yuria

give me 3 (THREE) good reasons why I shouldn't just go to BL117

>go
>fuck
>yourself

>name/avatarfag yuria is gone
Literally the best thing to ever happen to the general, ever.

I've never really used quicsilver bullets before and now that my new build greatly requires them, I find myself running out. Vials as well.
Is there an efficient farming area or method?
Honestly I feel that vials and bullets shouldn't be pickups but more like estus in dark souls.

Damn shame. If he got rid of all that retarded shit, removed those horrible tattoos, got a haircut that was connected to this decade, and worked out a little he'd be good looking.

I want to see how DaS babbies play demon's souls and bloodborne

for bullets, go to the little area right before Hemwick. It's got about 7 or 8 gunners who all drop about 3 or 4 bullets each. And since they're so close to the lamp, you can just bold hunter mark and keep going
as for vials, just take a quick run through Central Yharnam. Nearly everything in the area drops vials, and quite frequently, too

My first playthrough was with the cane. It was fun and I liked the varying ranges and ability to change depending on the enemy.

Ok so I should probably spelunk sober and not sleep deprived

Pretty sure the watcher was in the other Ihyll chalice I made because this one is the BLB and HBLB one

The executioner cucks who live to suck off their martyr do not like the vilecucks who live to deliver bloodsperm to their queen.

The League are the only heroes.

Do you remember what the other glyph was?

really? no one can answer this? 117 it is I guess

Hey, I started with DeS, then went DaS, DaS2, BB.
The vial and bullet system just need an overhaul.

>backlog of games increasingly larger
>even bought a fucking PS3 a bunch of games
>keep wanting to just go back to Bloodborne because every other game tires me out after a while and Bloodborne's the only game I feel I can actually relax with

It's literally a improved grass system though

>The vial and bullet system just need an overhaul.
because?

What is mensis?

>You wont be able to progress through the game by relying on poise alone

Except you can because ds3 has higher regen, higher health pools, higher armor that actually matters, higher absorption, full replenished heal vials everything you visit a lamp, shields, and of course hyper armor poise frames. You can absolutely face tank bosses with hyper armor weapons if you build for it. I've done it.

>when PvP is not even the point of this argument
For you. It's a build that works v in pvp and is complimented very well with stealth tactics during invasons.

>Now show me where noise in particular becomes relevant in PvE, like an enemy that would react to footsteps and not your visual presence.
You obviously don't pay attention. Try slow walking up to b an enemy from behind and look at the difference while sprinting. The heavier your armor is actually affects the amount of noise you make. This is a waste of time as you know almost Nothing about the game mechanics.

>Obscuring Ring is absolutely worthless when progressing through the level since it only works against players and not NPCs.

That's why they're invisibility spells that when combined with silencing spells and rings let you literally run through entire zones while being undetected. Go try it. I've done it myself already. Again you don't actually KNOW anything about ds3 mechanics. You're just spouting misinformation that I'm getting annoyed at having to correct.

>again, thats a worthless argument since it applies to ebic invasions, which are still worse than BB
Again just because it's a build for PvP doesnt mean it isn't a build. How can you claim a build doesn't exist just because it's not optimised for PvE. You sound retarded.

> hardly any faster than Souls
The weapons are mostly slower from what I'm used to using. Only ultras and maybe great swords are slower in ds3.

Calculated aggression is retarded. Rally doesn't last long enough to actually matter much.

And it could still be improved. Hell, I had no problems with grass in Demon's Souls.

>Hell, I had no problems with grass in Demon's Souls
then why do you have one with Bloodborne's system, which is basically the same exact thing?

Bloodborne isn't Dark Souls, nor is it Demon's Souls. It has a completely different gameplay philosophy that encourages aggression and swift thinking, not passive defense and timing like Dark Souls. The vial system is more than adequate for the type of intended play in which defense isn't an option, you're supposed to wade in and rally health and top off with vials, because they drop from most enemies. If you're running out of vials, you're doing something wrong, especially if it's more than a first playthrough, that's just how it is.

As for bullets, you an get five bullets any time with up on the d-pad, and you can even rally back the spent health for it. Bullets do tend to be spent a lot, I have had an arcane build and I can attest to it, but blood bullets and Oedon Writhe exist to get back bullets.

Research hall anyone?

I'm down

Password?

Password is sperg

vw55ugtz
Going through it now

user, just because the combat is slightly faster doesn't excuse the need to farm necessary equipment.

The majority of Byrgenwerth's actual structure got sucked/copied into/persists in the Nightmare.

If you're farming, you're doing something wrong. I said that already. Rally, drops and the messenger shop exist. There's no real excuse. Either you're playing like Dark Souls or you're just not used to the momentum shift.

I've beaten the game ten times. It's just bad system.

Ringing again at lamp at research hall

I'm sure it has nothing to do with you.

All these naughty little choir sluts I keep seeing are making me want to make one myself

So byrgenwerth is not just that small building?

>You can absolutely face tank bosses with hyper armor weapons if you build for it. I've done it.
Sounds sub-optimal at best and bullshit at worst. I've played both before poise changes and after and the game will still force you into rolling. You won't be able to stand still and whack at things with most of the bosses.
And in the end, being able to facetank bosses (which I still highly doubt is possible unless its feeble shit like Abyss Watchers that get staggered easily) is not good design. Neither are shields, which trivialize the game.
>For you
PvP, while very fun, is still a minigame. Bows since DeS were pretty shit and a "bow-only" run there is more of a challenge than an actual playstyle.
>Again just because it's a build for PvP doesnt mean it isn't a build. How can you claim a build doesn't exist just because it's not optimised for PvE. You sound retarded.
Because PvP no matter how engaging it is, is a minigame, not an intricate part of the game. In order to progress through the game, you have to kill bosses, not players.
>The weapons are mostly slower from what I'm used to using
Only applies to stuff like longswords being ever so slightly faster than the untransformed saw cleaver. As for other weapons, they're mostly faster, but in a really insubstantial amount.
Again, DaS3 weapon design is bad and I find it perplexing how you keep avoiding adressing the issue that FROM, instead of coming up with something new, for the most part just copypasted movesets from their six year old game, with only slight exceptions being paired weapons and a few exceptions. WAs also failed as a system, while trick weapons achieved more than anyone expected, with very few weapons sharing similar moves, namely untricked saws.

user, your argument for why you don't need to farm was 66% farming. "drops, and the messenger shop" either require rng or farming.

It's my personal theory, substantiated by the artbook's labelling of the place as the 'Byrgenwerth Lecture Building' (pic related), that the majority of Byrgenwerth got sucked into, copied or just persists in the Nightmare now as Mensis HQ. Notice how the woods are full of snakes, poison and tombstones, the kind of stuff you only see in the Nightmare (a giant snake from the Nightmare having raised the Madaras Twins). Plus, the Lecture Hall is in the Nightmare, or some liminal area, and leads to both the Frontier and Mensis. The Byrgenwerth we visit is simply all that remains of a once much larger institution that the Nightmare removed and the woods overgrew.

Ringing at lamp again

>nd swift thinking, not passive defense and timing like Dark Souls.

This is my problem with you kids who haven't really played DS3. You all think DS3 is just hide behind shields and be passive OR you think all you can do is dodge and wait.

That's what actually makes DS3 the best is you don't have to do either. You can have significantly different playstyles. More so than probably any other souls game.

You can do greatshield buildd where you never even roll anything. There's only one attack in the game I can think of that will kill you most of the time through a greatshield build and it's the most difficult boss in the game.

You can even do an all out attacker build that never stops attacking and just quick steps through all enemies and keels attacking and regenning health from successive hits.

You can do hyper armor trade builds that just attack even when anything else attacks but you still want to dodge most attacks but you have the option at any moment to trade.

Then theres like at least 4 different spell caster builds.

In BB every build just seems like the same 2 or maybe 3 play styles

How long has it been since it got sucked away?

>DaS3 weapon design

There's nothing to talk about. Ds3 has I have no clue how many weapons. While BB has like maybe 15. And since you're mostly just dashing the only attack that really matters is the dash r1 pretty much.

Holy fuck kill yourself dude, das3 is the worst in the series.
Nobody likes that aborted fetus tanimura shat out.