/xcg/ - XCOM General

Fucking invincible Edition

Previous parry bait:
News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.5 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

First for CHAMPION

pistols are useful

Third for guaranteed ways to avoid and deal damage actively ruin the game

Does ionic storm destroy loot like a grenade would?

Is there a way to make male characters not shit? Is every XCOM soldier scared of lifting?

My XCOM keeps freezing, forcing me to reboot my PC, does anyone else have this problem?

Fucking invincible you say?

normally when it's your PC that freezes it's a hardware issue and not a software issue

everything else still works, i just can't get XCOM off my screen

Why does the Katana show both the dagger and the sword if you only use the sword?

New animations for the Katana + Dagger when?

Feels so fucking bad, man.
I love Deus ex with all my heart, I really do.
To see what the motherfuckers did to the series is unforgivable.

Did you get a mod that reduces covert ops time, doubles their rewards, or has it been 10 in-game years?

Goodbye /ourguy/

;_;7

Other than a Laser Sight, what do I put on a Shotgun for my Ranger? Hair Trigger?

>Templar
>not even colonel
>got Bladestorm and Reaper skills
She's such a monster...I love it

>think I lucked out when my Sharpshooter got Run and Gun
>turns out he also got Guardian and Ever Vigilant

I love the hair

Jesus christ give her a mask or something, she looks like those troll dolls

free reloads

Out of everything else, in a game about alien invasion with all shit going crazy and the devs got triggered by the body types?

Turbo kek

>tfw no butch psionic assassin death machine gf

Pretty much just went like:
>I need some pleb to run these ops for me
>hey this one's got a bond with someone I don't use, and there's an op to hit bond 2 for that sweet 1 day reduction
>do that
>run ops for a while
>check back
>holy shit this Sgt has 17 HP
>wait
>how far can I take this?
I've since reached the point where I can finish the game whenever I so choose, but I'm keeping it going just to see how stupid this can get.

EVERYBODY CHECK THE WORKSHOP And cry because the weapon pack is still not there.

>the devs got triggered
Pretty sure it's just you, pal

"You fought well XCOM. May you reclaim this world for your own." - Chosen Weeaboo.

For all the pain in the ass she was, in the end there was only honor.
For some reason my troops are standing in two places at once.

COME ON ALREADY

>Supply raid in lost territory
>concealed inside a cafe right outside a crate
>2 advent patrols on the southside of the cafe appear then a lost pack shows up, prompting the advent to move into cover inside the cafe, revealing my squad
>assassin appears maybr a turn or 2 away as well.
wwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwww there was nothing I could do.

You know for being a turbocunt, at least she actually humbles herself when you put her down for good.

anyone else irritated by shit like this?

It is just that, as long as she was in the fight, she did nothing but roast & insult you, which is a valid strategy in war.
But as soon as it was game over for her, the honor of a warrior was all that was left.

is there any doubt that they took artistic influence from destiny after the essentially guardian themed faction classes?

I was surprised at her honorable sodoku as well. Made me like her a lot more.
She truly was fair and honorable in the end. May the Elders bless her soul.

nah

probably but destiny's classes are completely generic. That artist is a lazy fuck.

>cant increase combat intelligence on my reaperfu

Second time I killed her she said something along the lines of
>you're good, most people cant do shit to me once let alone twice

Annoying though she is to fight, she's a bro.

Question: can you have missions where you have to deal with Dr Vahlen's creations and with a Chosen at the same time?

I was hoping the Warlock would also knock himself down a peg after you best him for good too; It was disappointing it didn't happen.

>TEH ELDERS, DEY CUM FUR ME :DDDDDD
>Gets turned into a fucking art exhibit

So Dr Vahlen is a enemy now who's gone mad and started to make aliens?

No,she was the head scientist in EU/EW

are you fucking serious

do you actually think bungie INVENTED A GUY LEANING AGAINST THE WALL?

Who here is /DISRUPTOR/?

Bleed bullet dark event or faceless civies dark event? Which is worse?

>TEH ELDERS, DEY CUM FUR ME :DDDDDD
>Gets turned into a fucking art exhibit

Was it the Elders tho? In his stronghold he was talking the entire time about the unknown C'thulu loch ness monsters the Elders are afraid from.

>At long last i can hear their voice unobstracted
>They are so near
>They are everywhere
>They come for me

Fits both to be honest.

The pose is basically identical the lazy artist just used the bungie picture and fucked it up. Lean against a wall in a way I can trace the other image is bullhsit.

beags i know you are here

play faster you slow cunt, it shouldnt take 30 minutes from the start of a mission for you to engage the first pod

Depends on how many Mimic Beacons you want

how 2 deal with assassin.

shoot gun

yes he should of used one of those pics to trace then I wouldn't of noticed.

I dont even like playing this game I just like looking at the soliders people make, pls someone posts some little solider guys.

you are monumentally stupid

So you don't see how he just opaqued the bungie pic and then painted over it? Really?

So has WotC suddenly started downloading on PS4 for people? First time preordering on the store and what not.

just bring a lot of whatever they are weak against

it's an extremely generic pose of a man knelt against a wall you dipshit

not even defending the game you're just dumb

Youre blind. Yes its generic it also exactly the same angle if you weren't so retarded I would overlay them and show you. But there no point you are completely retarded.

>25 IQ marshmallow brain calling anyone else retarded
rich

listen buddy, even if they used muh destiny as a reference it's utterly inconsequential. this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen here

If you overlay them they don't match up.

>Advent is about to get reinforcements
>place Templar in the middle of the DZ
>fully charged strike on each ennemy before they can do anyting

Always fun.

>exactly the same angle
It isnt.
They dont match up beyond a vague similarity.

>Seeing this POI for the first time with WotC makes me wonder if ADVENT defectors were established from the start
If so, well played.

>there's a purifier in the pod

I just want to continue my campaign. Stop fucking being corrupt and crashing. Let me finish this fucking mission and load through the exfil loading screen.

I just had them call reinforcements, so I dropped an acid grenade on the floor they were landing in.
They weren;t keen.

OFFICIAL NEW CLASSES POWER RANKINGS

1. Templar
2. Reaper

900001. Skirmisher

What are some aggressive tactics you employ that work well.

What gets me about this game is how the timers work. I don't understand how to play quickly aggressively but not stupidly.

I had developed a bad habit of overwatch crawling in xcom 1. I need help breaking that habit.

I'm not seeing it. I'd be insane to say it's impossible for him to have taken inspiration from it but that doesn't mean he just traced it. If he just traced it lazily I don't really see why the walls are at different angles, the torso is completely fucked up on the ADVENT captive, the fingers on the right hands are different, and the arm is on the outside of his leg as opposed to the inside

If he had just shamelessly traced it for tiny artwork nobody cares about in an in-game blip I don't see why he would change details like that

>Doesn't know how to use Skirmisher

Fug yeah it worked. Didn't know the ayy presence is scaled down on Low Profile sitrep.

wat mod

>Its a Sharpshooter with Bluescreen Rounds and the Hunter's weapons solo kills a Sectopod episode

My default xcom launcher won't load mods into the game but it'll show them in the modlist. I have to open up the ModLauncherWPF launcher then load my save from that to get the mods to load. Anyone know why that is?

>reaper not on top
Opinion discarded because poster is tactically challenged

>Just lose to avatar timer
Fuck that feels awful, every facility was like 2 regions over from me. Completely my fault for not just pathing to them but that makes me feel dumb as shit.

>it's a XCOM 2 is so easy it's fucking boring movie

More like the entirety of XCOM is a just a tech check cleverly disguised behind tactics :^)

Why do people seem pissed at how easily some aliens die? Honestly, the game has so many ways to fuck you up.

bore of the chosen

Post your screencap of your flawless I/I playthrough.
No wounded soldiers, 100% shot percentage.
Since you think your so great.

>Fighting the Hunter
>Justice in and crit
>Wrath right next to him and hit him again.
>His turn
>Bladestorm procs, killing him

If you don't know how to pssh, nothin personnel then that's your fault.

Should've known it was too early in the thread to post something like that.

All vanilla except Capnbubs helmets. Arms and Shoulders for changing pauldrons around but iirc the combo I ended up with for that batch was a vanilla option anyway. More armor colors for the tones, and uniform manager to force exo appearance without the gauntlet for one of them.

Happy hunting, user.

Happened to me. It's really a "flip a coin" situation.
Fortunately, he didn't explode.

that helmet makes him look kind of like a cyberpunk knight

mod that makes it so that Remote Start works on Purifiers when?

help me get good at xcom2

What do you do in concealment phase? Do you go as deep as you can, or do you set a trap on the first pod you see?

I guess it depends on mission objective, but I'm doing the first story advent project mission thing, and I got really far in until I couldn't go futher, I can ambush a pod with a robbit, but then 2 more pods come and just fuck me up.

Fuck you too, Geist.

Power creep like that encourages the player to do everything they can to never give the aliens a turn, and broken new mechanics/abilities/items like Concealment, Frost Bomb, etc. to cheese the game. I always laugh when people like Beagle are whining incessantly about Line of Play while they're simultaneously abusing Concealment to blow up a pod without it even activating.

Maybe if the aliens were toned down some, they could nerf or get rid of the stuff that makes XCOM so ridiculously overpowered, but this community screeches "JAAAAAAKE" at every little inconvenience and reminder that they're supposed to be playing a video game that can be lost and not a puzzle game.